TOTD Ticketmaster Tix... What a joke

Comments

• buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Kinda glad missed out on all these - gonna save big time $$$ and going to get a proper west coast PJ tour someday
  • JR76262JR76262 Posts: 10
    seattle night 2 was sent to public only no club tickets
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,840
    So once PJ Wrigley shows are done we'll get a few midwest dates? Please?
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,453
    tschav said:

So once PJ Wrigley shows are done we'll get a few midwest dates? Please?

+1 please Toledo, OH
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897

So so frustrating :( fuck. Was on 20 seconds before the sale started. tried on my cell and computer under my account and husbands account. Sold out in seconds. Nothing even came up except for that god damn i'm not a bot box which irritates the fuck out of me. 23 minute later - nothing :angry: What a joke. Tried to get through on the phone. God damn automated system. Couldn't get through a live person.

Was Seattle night 2 an option through the 10club? (got shut out for night 1) :anguished:

2nd nights that are added right after the first sells out are never sold through 10C.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    edited July 2016
    Well, that was a gong show, but I'm going to the 2nd Seattle show! Mezz Section 11, Row D, Seat 7. So basically, I'll be right up against the wall of the venue, but end seats = more room to groove. Halfway back from the stage in the upper level is better for a shorty like me than at the back of the orchestra, too, so I'm rather chuffed. I've only been on Stone's side once for PJ - normally I'm either middle-Jeff or Mike-side - so I'm happy on that front, as well. (I'm just assuming their set-up will mirror PJ's?)

But I also agree that TM can get fucked.
    Post edited by rockpants on
  • Yeah no luck with the first Philly show, Got Philly night 2. No issues really there.
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • pjhawks said:

AceCool said:

I can't believe that anybody actually attempts to buy tickets directly through TM. That whole setup is the biggest POS deal ever. It was bad enough 20+ years ago when you had to call in to the local TM outlet and all you were battling was the thousands of local fans trying to get through on the 10 phone lines they had. Now that you go through their computer system and you are battling actual fans (potentially) nationwide on top of those scumfuck brokers and their phonebots, it's the ultimate stacked deck.
    Especially after reading the article that was linked on here a few months back inwhich the former CEO of TM spelled it out how by the time that tickets are "released to the public" there are probably only 10-15% left of what the house capacity is. Such a fucking scam. As pissed as so many people are about the prices that get charged on the secondary market, I have come to realize that more often than not if I really want to see a high demand show my first stop is a web site that rhymes with Schmub Shlub.

i don't even try anymore. it's a wasted effort. if i really want to go to a show i'll find a ticket on that other site. as i get older i'd rather pay more for a quality seat anyway.
    Yup
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    edited July 2016

pjhawks said:

AceCool said:

I can't believe that anybody actually attempts to buy tickets directly through TM. That whole setup is the biggest POS deal ever. It was bad enough 20+ years ago when you had to call in to the local TM outlet and all you were battling was the thousands of local fans trying to get through on the 10 phone lines they had. Now that you go through their computer system and you are battling actual fans (potentially) nationwide on top of those scumfuck brokers and their phonebots, it's the ultimate stacked deck.
    Especially after reading the article that was linked on here a few months back inwhich the former CEO of TM spelled it out how by the time that tickets are "released to the public" there are probably only 10-15% left of what the house capacity is. Such a fucking scam. As pissed as so many people are about the prices that get charged on the secondary market, I have come to realize that more often than not if I really want to see a high demand show my first stop is a web site that rhymes with Schmub Shlub.

i don't even try anymore. it's a wasted effort. if i really want to go to a show i'll find a ticket on that other site. as i get older i'd rather pay more for a quality seat anyway.
    Yup
    Ouch. Well, this is definitely confirmation that the problem will just get worse and worse, since the solution for many is the very cause of the problem. :frowning: (it's not a wasted effort unless no one is getting tix for any shows from TM, which isn't the case).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Posts: 422
    Had to go through Ticket Liquidator
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,471
    What's everyone's opinion of the folks here who purchased the tickets, with having NO intentions of going to the show? They just purchased them, with the hope of trading for Wrigley or Fenway.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Did I somehow change into a bot halfway through this process? How many times do I need to prove this? You’re going to get the clicks anyway!

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,330

What's everyone's opinion of the folks here who purchased the tickets, with having NO intentions of going to the show? They just purchased them, with the hope of trading for Wrigley or Fenway.

Fair game IMO. As long as people aren't selling above face I have no problem.
  • PJ_Soul said:

pjhawks said:

AceCool said:

Yup
    Ouch. Well, this is definitely confirmation that the problem will just get worse and worse, since the solution for many is the very cause of the problem. :frowning: (it's not a wasted effort unless no one is getting tix for any shows from TM, which isn't the case).
    You seem to imply that I'm part of the problem. It's born out of frustration of the system. Don't blame me or judge me. This is why I skip your posts 99% of the time
  • VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    This thread gave me the heads up on SF2, scored a pair instantly just as an attempt to see if there was any difference from SEA1/2. Thanks everybody for the updates and info. I'm happy to get to go!
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

What if they got them for friends, or friends of friends? I don't see that as any different...as in, I think it's OK. I turned into an edwho-like bot when trying earlier =)

And congrats, VOLARE (whoooa, as Dino would say).
  • AceCoolAceCool Posts: 455
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

pjhawks said:

AceCool said:

Yup
    pjhawks and I are totally on the same page. Why should I bother banging my head against the wall dealing with a shitty company like TM? It's nothing but aggravation dealing with their system, feeling like I have to claw tooth and nail for the worst seats in the house and that's on the total off chance that I'm able to get through when there are tickets still available in the first place. I'm older now and have more coin to blow on this shit so if I'm going to get jacked for the tickets I might as well be able to go and shop around and be able to choose the better seat.

There will never be a return to the good(bad) old days where tickets are only sold in local record stores to kids who have camped out for days. Sorry, Soul, I am not the cause of the problem, I just want to see the fucking concert and this is the modern reality.
    Post edited by AceCool on
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,982

No issue as long as they aren't scalping them. Trading ticket for ticket seems fair to everyone.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• dlymnflddlymnfld Posts: 918

dlymnfld said:

I just scored Loge tickets for the second Philly show. Anyone been to venue and know if Loge are good seats?

Awesome seats, saw the Grateful Dead there a few years ago, good seats
    Nice. Thanks for the feedback.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • dlymnflddlymnfld Posts: 918
    AceCool said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjhawks said:

AceCool said:

Yup
    pjhawks and I are totally on the same page. Why should I bother banging my head against the wall dealing with a shitty company like TM? It's nothing but aggravation dealing with their system, feeling like I have to claw tooth and nail for the worst seats in the house and that's on the total off chance that I'm able to get through when there are tickets still available in the first place. I'm older now and have more coin to blow on this shit so if I'm going to get jacked for the tickets I might as well be able to go and shop around and be able to choose the better seat.

There will never be a return to the good(bad) old days where tickets are only sold in local record stores to kids who have camped out for days. Sorry, Soul, I am not the cause of the problem, I just want to see the fucking concert and this is the modern reality.
    My logic is I play the game of trying to score good tickets on TM as I like the rush and the hunt. If I pull shitty seats or get shut out then I just spend the extra cash on Stub hub or just wait until day of the show as they usually drop GA tix then. There isn't anything you can't go to if you have the money and or the desire to go. I've been to Super Bowls and haggled with scalpers as I didn't want to pay the 800 face value.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • riley540riley540 Posts: 1,132
    Ticketmaster should start not telling the time or date they go on sale.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,444
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

pjhawks said:

AceCool said:

Yup
    see i don't think it's a problem. to me it's easier today than ever before to score tickets to an event you want to go to. every event is available to the public if you/they are willing to spend the price that the market dictates. the current system mostly allows me to decide what i am willing to pay for a show and a particular seating location. and not only that i can do that from the comfort of my own home. i don't have to go to some shady character on the street corner outside the venue and hope that his tickets aren't fake. and probably 99% of the time i get better seats than i ever did back in the supposed good ole days.

edit: do you find it a problem that fan clubs sell tickets directly to fans or is that not an issue because you benefit from it? i don't think you can complain about how few tickets actually get sold to the general public while also benefiting from 10 Club tickets. you can't have it both ways.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    hedonist said:

What if they got them for friends, or friends of friends? I don't see that as any different...as in, I think it's OK. I turned into an edwho-like bot when trying earlier =)

And congrats, VOLARE (whoooa, as Dino would say).
    Oh shit I'm going! Wife's stoked for SF. We've never been. SEA is an easier trip, but there's 3 of us now since Italy
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    Pulled a pair for MSG at 12:30.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • dreamweaverdreamweaver Posts: 716
    edited July 2016
    To my amazement the tickets sold out instantly and simultaneously ended up on StubHub at double the cost. StubHub actually sent me an email a fews hours later, promoting the TOTD show! I'm well aware of the fact that there are "bots" or software that ticket brokers use. Here's a couple logical ways to prevent it:

-Take away the ability to post tickets the same day as general Ticketmaster sale
    -Suspend StubHub accounts that post tickets minutes after general sale time, at more than let's say 50% of original price
    etc. etc.

Post edited by dreamweaver on
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • mcgrawd2mcgrawd2 Posts: 33

To my amazement the tickets sold out instantly and simultaneously ended up on StubHub at double the cost. StubHub actually send me an email a fews hours later, promoting the TOTD show! I'm well aware of the fact that there are "bots" or software that ticket brokers use. Here's a couple logical ways to prevent it:

-Take away the ability to post tickets the same day as general Ticketmaster sale
    -Suspend StubHub accounts that post tickets minutes after general sale time at more than a certain percentage of original price
    etc. etc.

But Stub hub is a public company that has a duty to make as much money as possible. Why would they suspend accounts of people that help them do this?
  • kenkkenk Posts: 213
    While scalping used to be frowned upon and illegal in most places unless you were a licensed broker, StubHub has somehow legitimized the process and works directly with Convert Venues, promoters, agencies, and even people like MLB. Guess there was too much money to be made in the ticket resale biz to keep it looked down upon.
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,521
    You eliminate this issue by bands properly pricing their tickets up front. At least you have a chance at the lower price. If 10 people get that lower price, the process is worth it. Now you are just forced to pay what the band should have priced the tickets at in the first place. It's really simple economics. If anything you should blame the band. But, they are at least giving you a shot at the lower price. So, they are doing all they can and should.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    kenk said:

While scalping used to be frowned upon and illegal in most places unless you were a licensed broker, StubHub has somehow legitimized the process and works directly with Convert Venues, promoters, agencies, and even people like MLB. Guess there was too much money to be made in the ticket resale biz to keep it looked down upon.

There's no "somehow" about it. They have a lobby that pressures politicians to create laws in their favor, just like any other industry that's bad for people but good for investors.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    edited July 2016
    The system is broken. We are still forced to use Ticketmaster. Factor in fan club seats, credit card seats, scalpers, bots, backdoor deals from promoters/venues and some bands (Not PJ) there very few seats available to the general public at the time of sale. This is a reality. It could be as low as 10% of the tickets.

However.....

For a show like this there is going to be ridiculous demand. Hypothetically speaking, lets say that 100% of the tickets were available to the public at the time of sale. Lets say there there were none of the above things going on. Lets pretend that bots didn't exist.

Seattle shows were 2800 tickets. How many people were going for those seats? A million? 500k? 200k? Do the math. You have at best a 1.4% chance of getting a ticket. In reality its much less than that considering you could buy two tickets. It doesn't make it any better....but it helps to set expectations. Chances of getting tickets were always going to be very very slim.

MSG is what 18k tickets. Maybe a 5-10% chance?

The only decent solution I see is if the band demands a ticketless system that requires you to scan your credit card for entry and show ID, only allowing the people who bought the tickets to get in. Scalpers can still get around this......it just makes it harder. The scalper reseller just walks those people in. The people in on the scam aren't going to want this, and will probably never agree to it. This leaves a limited amount of venues you can use.

The band has to require this. Louis CK seems to have got it down. Its the only way.

PS: Stubhub needs to go. Ticketmaster resale has to go. They feed the problem.
    Post edited by Eddieredder on