DNC Leaks

Comments

• Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    edited August 2016
    unsung said:

It depends on what your definition of "is" is.

Good clintonspeak.

What I don't understand is how there are so many red flags surrounding the Clintons, current events and past events, yet these clintonites continue to defend her/him as if there's some sort of deliberate campaign to ruin these people. Why the hell doesn't Clinton address the leeks in a press confrenece setting? I mean the list goes on and on. No word play- no "I was careless" when I broke the law. These people are full of excuses, and these clintonites are full of them too. There are countless points- countless real world moments, where if it were a republican politician they would have a field day talking shit, yet they don't hold this crook to the same standards. It's not like many of us on here aren't progressives- with the same values- it's not like many of us on here aren't going after trump and gop candidates with the same force, yet these clintonites are simply putting their king/queen above country and above all that is morally good for our democracy.

It's crazy. Just because they want to see this woman crowned.
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,866
    edited August 2016
    unsung said:

The same as yours if you believe Clinton is for women's rights and easy sound bites like that.

I haven't really seen anything about Hillary and women's rights specifically, and definitely haven't seen Gern Blansten pumping up such a platform. I haven't noticed anyone on these boards bolstering such a thing. The fact that Hillary is a woman and will probably be the first female POTUS ever is a really big deal for the fight for female equality in and of itself, but has Hillary actually been presenting herself as a dedicated champion to that cause otherwise? Just asking because your comment suggests that she is relying on the fight for women's rights as a major focused initiative, which I would disagree with. Sure she brings it up because of the fact that she's female and is about to make history because of it, but I don't see how that should bother anyone. Such comments seem to be to more in passing, and a valid minor talking point. Maybe I missed something though. Care to expand?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

unsung said:

unsung said:

And again, I don't support Trump, I just find the low IQ support for Clinton extremely disturbing.

But I'll take a guy that used bankruptcy on five of five hundred companies than those that robbed the white house when they moved out and claimed to be dead broke.

Low IQ support for Clinton and you throw out the "robbed the white house" crap?

So it didn't happen?
    Not in the real world. I'm sure it did in your bubble.
    everything you say in defense of Hillary is way out in left field and when you have nothing to back up your shit you
    fall back in personal insults, I and maybe others would take you more seriously if you just used facts, like the rob the W.H...well prove that's a rumor then.

Godfather.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,384
    edited August 2016

unsung said:

unsung said:

And again, I don't support Trump, I just find the low IQ support for Clinton extremely disturbing.

But I'll take a guy that used bankruptcy on five of five hundred companies than those that robbed the white house when they moved out and claimed to be dead broke.

So it didn't happen?
    everything you say in defense of Hillary is way out in left field and when you have nothing to back up your shit you
    fall back in personal insults, I and maybe others would take you more seriously if you just used facts, like the rob the W.H...well prove that's a rumor then.

Godfather.

I posted a link above. There was no robbery. Robbery is a felony.

Edit: This is a perfect example of the republican bubble. Your news sources are so slanted you can't separate reality from fiction. In your bubble Clinton is a "crook", a "criminal", etc. Even though she has NEVER been charged with anything. She has been investigated by the FBI and they passed on ANY CHARGES. The mother of Chris Stevens basically came out on her side and none of this is good enough for any of you. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited August 2016

unsung said:

unsung said:

So it didn't happen?

Godfather.

Edit: This is a perfect example of the republican bubble. Your news sources are so slanted you can't separate reality from fiction. In your bubble Clinton is a "crook", a "criminal", etc. Even though she has NEVER been charged with anything. She has been investigated by the FBI and they passed on ANY CHARGES. The mother of Chris Stevens basically came out on her side and none of this is good enough for any of you. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours.
    Apologists not only live in their own comfortable bubbles, but they are defiently against listening to and understanding a different view other than their own. AND just because she hasn't been formally convicted does not mean she's innocent. FAR from it.
    Post edited by Free on
    Free said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

So it didn't happen?

Godfather.

Apologists not only live in their own comfortable bubbles, but the are defiently against listening to and understanding a different view other than their own. AND just because she hasn't been formally convicted does not mean she's innocent. FAR from it.
    Source?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    I just took a leak

Need proof?

:hushed:
    edited August 2016
    tonifig8 said:

unsung said:

It depends on what your definition of "is" is.

Good clintonspeak.

What I don't understand is how there are so many red flags surrounding the Clintons, current events and past events, yet these clintonites continue to defend her/him as if there's some sort of deliberate campaign to ruin these people. Why the hell doesn't Clinton address the leeks in a press confrenece setting? I mean the list goes on and on. No word play- no "I was careless" when I broke the law. These people are full of excuses, and these clintonites are full of them too. There are countless points- countless real world moments, where if it were a republican politician they would have a field day talking shit, yet they don't hold this crook to the same standards. It's not like many of us on here aren't progressives- with the same values- it's not like many of us on here aren't going after trump and gop candidates with the same force, yet these clintonites are simply putting their king/queen above country and above all that is morally good for our democracy.

It's crazy. Just because they want to see this woman crowned.
    Clinton came out yesterday and publicly supported Debbie Wasserman Schultz in her congressional run for FL as an incumbent, a seat that she may very well lose, ending her career. Did she say anything at the public announcement about the DNC leaks and her promotion of DWS? Take a guess. Shady, shady, shady.

Which is fucked up because as the people of this country, we should be looking at these politicians and demanding Accountability, truth, what they're going to do for us. Not protection, excuses and apologizing for them. There is something inherently wrong with people who are apologists for any politician. They need to be held to higher standards, not worshiped like a king or queen.
    Post edited by Free on

I just took a leak

Need proof?

I am not sure if that's directed at me or Free.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818

unsung said:

I can't think of any narrative on Clinton that actually isn't happening.

Trump says bad things, Clinton does them.

And Trump doesn't do bad things? Bankruptcy? Failing to pay contractors? Failing to release his tax returns? Trump University?

What is the weather like in your bubble?
    Have you ever run a business?? Do you know what the use of bankruptcy in the manner he used it is for? to save assets. Some of the biggest well known corporations in this country have done it but no one bats an eye..Trump does it and holy crap its the end of the world...Trump University had good intentions but was ran poorly I don't believe for a second there was intentional fraud associated with it, like say the Clinton Foundation??

The fact that I have to defend Trump on these issues as much as im not the biggest fan is nauseating but I can't let Clinton supporters get away with this crap with her 30 years of disservice to this country and a list of scandal that follows her since her days as first lady

http://investorplace.com/2012/01/life-after-chapter-11-here-are-5-big-brands-that-survived/#.V6yv_E32YdU

http://www.retaildive.com/news/retail-companies-survived-chapter-11-bankruptcy/417789/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Companies_that_have_filed_for_Chapter_11_bankruptcy

• rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    it depends on what your definition is of for unlawful carnal knowledge?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    PJ_Soul said:

I just took a leak

Need proof?

Directed at all of the conspiracy theorists on here
    edited August 2016

PJ_Soul said:

I just took a leak

Need proof?

I'm a bit bothered by the murder accusation, I must say. Hey, I'm perfectly willing to accept that Clinton knowingly conspired to commit multiple murders to cover up some emails and I would of course condemn her for that (my god, what a scandal that would be. Bigger than anything that has ever happened in US government before) .... If there is PROOF. I am even be willing to seriously consider the notion if some compelling circumstantial evidence comes about. I'm disturbed, though, that so many seem willing to accept THAT extreme an accusation almost as fact, and even as ammunition against anti-Trump people without a single scrap of actual evidence, compellingly circumstantial or otherwise. So far as I can tell, the only thing that exists so far is, as Free mentioned, a coincidence.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I just took a leak

Need proof?

I'm a bit bothered by the murder accusation, I must say. Hey, I'm perfectly willing to accept that Clinton knowingly conspired to commit multiple murders to cover up some emails and I would of course condemn her for that (my god, what a scandal that would be. Bigger than anything that has ever happened in US government before) .... If there is PROOF. I am even be willing to seriously consider the notion if some compelling circumstantial evidence comes about. I'm disturbed, though, that so many seem willing to accept THAT extreme an accusation almost as fact, and even as ammunition against anti-Trump people without a single scrap of actual evidence, compellingly circumstantial or otherwise. So far as I can tell, the only thing that exists so far is, as Free mentioned, a coincidence.
    The hate for Hillary is strong and irrational. The right has been doing a great job of demonizing her for the better part of 20 years. It's not a surprise that people think she is worse than a Bond villain.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,165
    unsung said:

Care to share your list of "bad" things? And by "bad" things do you mean illegal things? Or is it policy that you disagree with?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    pjalive21 said:

unsung said:

And Trump doesn't do bad things? Bankruptcy? Failing to pay contractors? Failing to release his tax returns? Trump University?

What is the weather like in your bubble?
    Have you ever run a business?? Do you know what the use of bankruptcy in the manner he used it is for? to save assets. Some of the biggest well known corporations in this country have done it but no one bats an eye..Trump does it and holy crap its the end of the world...Trump University had good intentions but was ran poorly I don't believe for a second there was intentional fraud associated with it, like say the Clinton Foundation??

The fact that I have to defend Trump on these issues as much as im not the biggest fan is nauseating but I can't let Clinton supporters get away with this crap with her 30 years of disservice to this country and a list of scandal that follows her since her days as first lady

http://investorplace.com/2012/01/life-after-chapter-11-here-are-5-big-brands-that-survived/#.V6yv_E32YdU

http://www.retaildive.com/news/retail-companies-survived-chapter-11-bankruptcy/417789/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Companies_that_have_filed_for_Chapter_11_bankruptcy

LOL....You know that there was no fraud at Trump U (even there are multiple lawsuits) but you are sure that there was fraud at the Clinton Foundation? The Clinton Foundation tax returns are public record.

And yes my friend....I'm a CPA (since 1991) and have my own business. I also advise about 100 other business owners. I also have a stockbrokers license.

What are your qualifications?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I just took a leak

Need proof?

The hate for Hillary is strong and irrational. The right has been doing a great job of demonizing her for the better part of 20 years. It's not a surprise that people think she is worse than a Bond villain.
    You know....I never thought that we would see Clinton being attacked worse than Obama. I really thought that the racist Obama haters (not all those that oppose Obama are racist but all racists certainly oppose Obama) would loosen up on Hillary.

This election will be just like 2012 and 2008....all you haters won't believe how she got elected yet she will likely be another two term president. Get used to it.

Free said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

So it didn't happen?

Godfather.

Apologists not only live in their own comfortable bubbles, but they are defiently against listening to and understanding a different view other than their own. AND just because she hasn't been formally convicted does not mean she's innocent. FAR from it.
    I've definitely listened. I can't help it if those views don't make any sense.

edited August 2016

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I just took a leak

Need proof?

You know....I never thought that we would see Clinton being attacked worse than Obama. I really thought that the racist Obama haters (not all those that oppose Obama are racist but all racists certainly oppose Obama) would loosen up on Hillary.

This election will be just like 2012 and 2008....all you haters won't believe how she got elected yet she will likely be another two term president. Get used to it.
    The election will be just like 2000: rigged. Anyone loving and excusing Clinton is pretty pathetic ya know.
    Free said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I just took a leak

Need proof?

The election will be just like 2000: rigged. Anyone loving and excusing Clinton is pretty pathetic ya know.
    I think it's pathetic to support Sanders and then vote against his wishes. Like Bernie said...if you supported him then but not now you're a liar.

edited August 2016

Free said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I just took a leak

Need proof?

I think it's pathetic to support Sanders and then vote against his wishes. Like Bernie said...if you supported him then but not now you're a liar.

LMAO. So you find people who obey leaders to be stand up citizens. That says everything, and thanks for validating my point.

Oh and show proof that Bernie said that because he didn't. :lol:

Post edited by Free on
    I just don't understand how anyone can say that Trump U was run with good intentions.

Free said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I just took a leak

Need proof?

And if you think your queen will get the majority of Sanders' supporters votes, you are mistaken. That's what this is all about, isn't it? :lol:
    PJ_Soul said:

I just don't understand how anyone can say that Trump U was run with good intentions.

No one that has any grasp of the facts can. It's those that choose to ignore the facts that make statements like that. Yet they will convict Hillary even though the damn FBI cleared her.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Free said:

Somalia is a good example of a country without civil obedience.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487

Free said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I just took a leak

Need proof?

One thing about Ron Paul, he never sold out after they screwed him over.
    edited August 2016
    ^^^ I agree with that when it comes to actual civil disobedience. There are a whole lot of people who are pretty much blindly against civil disobedience (either because they are hypocritically rigid about the law, or because they don't like the inconvenience it causes), and that really bugs me a lot. Though when you put this in the context of the current US election and the very immediate situations over the next 90 days, that great quote really doesn't apply too well. You'd have to replaced the words "civil disobedience" with "citizens' revolution". I am not against citizens' revolutions either (in fact, I've often wondered why there hasn't been one yet in the US), but that doesn't seem to be what you're getting at Free. In this particular time, Bernie Sanders has the exact right idea unless he does want to call for revolution: encourage grassroots engagement and try to purposefully change government from the bottom up... and I admire that Bernie fully understands reality. He knows that this takes TIME and that the best way to strive towards that is to just keep Trump out of office right now and work his butt off after that to create slow but real change in government and among the population through grassroots organization and through information and communication (hopefully... I have my doubts that enough Americans will get off the couch for that, but you never know).
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Free said:

Free said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I just took a leak

Need proof?

And if you think your queen will get the majority of Sanders' supporters votes, you are mistaken. That's what this is all about, isn't it? :lol:
    2/3rds apparently are. I'm terrible at math, but that sounds like a majority.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/about-a-third-of-bernie-sanders-supporters-still-arent-backing-hillary-clinton/
    Free said:

Free said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I just took a leak

Need proof?

no not really....she already has the vast majority of Sanders' supporters. You should check the polls.