2016 Single

Comments

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    PB11041 said:
    derbydave said:
    Pap said:
    Deep13 is here!!!!!! :smiley:

Is it gone now??
    Just checked the download tab & it's not there!!

It is gone, this is the week of someone accidentally putting downloads into accounts, yesterday it was Vault 7 non album track mp3s, today an issue of Deep, Tomorrow?!?!?!

Next Tuesday??
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• ZodZod Posts: 9,904
    I think the problem with the 10c doing variable gifts instead of vinyl is that they're usually running behind.   U2 does different stuff every year but they announce it advance, so you can then proceed to buy a membership to get that years item.   10c runs late, so you'd blindly be paying for your membership not knowing what the gift is.

I buy the analog membership to keep the Christmas single collection going.  The download codes only make the mp3 version free (lowest/cheapest option available).  You have to pay to upgrade to flac and they don't work on cd's.   Thus I don't really use the codes.    The free shirts are ok for pajama shirts, but they've mostly been a little too ugly to wear around in public.  

If they did discontinue the vinyl singles, it would make it a lot easier for me to go to a digital membership.   I like the Christmas singles though, so I don't really want to see them stop.   In reality the 10c is really behind on them, so maybe it's time?
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I remember when they went from $20 to $40 and I justified the increase with the promise of a yearly shirt. Then the stickers came, and no offense to those that like stickers, but they're not for me. Anyway, luckily we're back to the shirts. As for the download codes, if there is a bootleg that I want, I prefer a physical copy, so I have several unused codes. So if they get rid of the yearly vinyl, then I'll probably go the cheaper option, assuming my 1998 member number stays the same. 

If this sounds like bitching to anyone, it is not. Just explaining what I get out of the membership. I'll pay an extra $20 for a 7" and a shirt, but probably not just for a shirt unless we can choose one from the shop maybe. 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    prl said:
    deadendp said:
    Thanks! Looks great! Dated 2016 for the download but dated 2017 on the "print" materials.  Wondering what the scoop there is? 

The scoop is that you're not getting an issue of the Deep magazine, which you payed for in your annual subscription. 

Not only they're not keeping up with their own terms (one annual subscription will give you a single and a magazine, whether it's in digital or physical format), they're not even involved with the whole process apparently. Not a word from the band in the magazine, not a sign that any of them was around for making this. This 2017 issue is about the crew and the previous 2015 issue was a guide to Kevin Shuss' PJ memorabilia collection. Don't get me wrong, it's great to know the behind the scenes stuff and the collection is a great trip down memory lane, but where's the band? 

Did it really take them 2 years to produce an issue like this? Jeez, even the "Letters" section is composed of three screenshots of this forum! 

Like someone said here on in another thread, they should revisit their 10C perks and revise their prices accordingly. As it is right now, it's not working properly.
    #Jumping to conclusions
    #ReasonableConclusions
    #10cDoesn'tCommunicateProperly
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited December 2017
    I'm international and pay $50. Its definitely overpriced for what I get out of the club.
    I'm only in it for the yearly single and the opportunity to buy exclusive vinyl like the Vault. Not interested in Deep - although the art is cool to flick through, it's outdated. Not interested in mp3s or a terrible t shirt either and PJ don't play here any more so the ticket thing means nothing.

I still want to be part of the club but by the time I go digital then buy the single from the store and pay postage, it's not really much of a saving or worth the hassle.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    Pap said:
    Whaaaaaa?!?! :o
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:ju
    I was able to download it this morning on my computer at home...and it was gone by the time I got to work.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    edited December 2017
    derbydave said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:ju
    I was able to download it this morning on my computer at home...
    Exactly the same.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    jeffbr said:
    prl said:
    deadendp said:
    Thanks! Looks great! Dated 2016 for the download but dated 2017 on the "print" materials.  Wondering what the scoop there is? 

The scoop is that you're not getting an issue of the Deep magazine, which you payed for in your annual subscription. 

Not only they're not keeping up with their own terms (one annual subscription will give you a single and a magazine, whether it's in digital or physical format), they're not even involved with the whole process apparently. Not a word from the band in the magazine, not a sign that any of them was around for making this. This 2017 issue is about the crew and the previous 2015 issue was a guide to Kevin Shuss' PJ memorabilia collection. Don't get me wrong, it's great to know the behind the scenes stuff and the collection is a great trip down memory lane, but where's the band? 

Did it really take them 2 years to produce an issue like this? Jeez, even the "Letters" section is composed of three screenshots of this forum! 

Like someone said here on in another thread, they should revisit their 10C perks and revise their prices accordingly. As it is right now, it's not working properly.
    #Jumping to conclusions
    #ReasonableConclusions
    #ReasonableConclusions: I don't think so. Assuming so, would mean TC is clearly doing a fraud. Yeah, I know we're talking about  some pieces of paper most of us look at once and then store away, but still a fraud.
    #10cDoesn'tCommunicateProperly: 100% agree. But I still can't believe they're just "forgetting" one year.
    If you have doubts, better shoot them an email than assuming things on here.
    jeffbr said:
    prl said:
    deadendp said:

#Jumping to conclusions
    #ReasonableConclusions
    #ReasonableConclusions: I don't think so. Assuming so, would mean TC is clearly doing a fraud. Yeah, I know we're talking about  some pieces of paper most of us look at once and then store away, but still a fraud.
    #10cDoesn'tCommunicateProperly: 100% agree. But I still can't believe they're just "forgetting" one year.
    If you have doubts, better shoot them an email than assuming things on here.
    Well, those assumptions weren't mine, but absent facts, assumptions are all we have. And facts aren't knowable when the holder of those facts doesn't communicate.

Fraudulent? Only if they don't deliver a 2016 and a 2017 package to people who have paid dues for both 2016 and 2017, but I'm not throwing around that word at this point. Negligent? Yup. Lazy? Yup. Indifferent? Yup. 

• JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    jeffbr said:
    Well, those assumptions weren't mine, but absent facts, assumptions are all we have. And facts aren't knowable when the holder of those facts doesn't communicate.

Fraudulent? Only if they don't deliver a 2016 and a 2017 package to people who have paid dues for both 2016 and 2017, but I'm not throwing around that word at this point. Negligent? Yup. Lazy? Yup. Indifferent? Yup. 

The fact is: I agree with you.
    Already paid $100 for both memberships (like many others). Their lateness and lack of communication is inexcusable.
    So I was simply saying, yeah, it's frustrating, but 2016 package will contain its relative Deep and single. Of course the spine says 2017, we're almost 2018 after all (maybe 2016-2017 all seasons would have been better).
  • prlprl Posts: 124
    edited December 2017
    jeffbr said:

The fact is: I agree with you.
    Already paid $100 for both memberships (like many others). Their lateness and lack of communication is inexcusable.
    So I was simply saying, yeah, it's frustrating, but 2016 package will contain its relative Deep and single. Of course the spine says 2017, we're almost 2018 after all (maybe 2016-2017 all seasons would have been better).
    Of course what I wrote above are just my assumptions. Are they unfair? Hopefully, they are, and we'll have two Deep magazines and Ten Club Singles in our mailboxes soon. We're less than two weeks away from 2018 and we don't know anything about this. I might have missed the email where they apologize and give us a deadline for getting what we payed for, honestly don't remember getting one. Only those where they say that everything's in production, whatever that means. But wouldn't you agree that they should have said something already? 

I'm not even talking as a fan anymore, I'm talking as a customer. I find this to be very disrespectful and honestly 10C members have been more tolerant than the most. Would you be ok if Amazon did something like this to you? Yeah, this is a fan club and they don't have the same means to produce and deliver. Well, communicate that. Apologize. Don't promise (and sell!) what you can't deliver. Getting the physical copies of the magazine and the single (and an uninspired tshirt) every year is what kept me on the analog membership instead of downgrading to digital. 
    Post edited by prl on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,626
    When it shows up it shows up.  Im sure it will be worth the wait
  • prlprl Posts: 124
    I'm sorry, that's not how it works. Otherwise I'll pay when I pay, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    prl said:

I'm not even talking as a fan anymore, I'm talking as a customer. I find this to be very disrespectful and honestly 10C members have been more tolerant than the most. Would you be ok if Amazon did something like this to you? Yeah, this is a fan club and they don't have the same means to produce and deliver. Well, communicate that. Apologize. Don't promise (and sell!) what you can't deliver. Getting the physical copies of the magazine and the single (and an uninspired tshirt) every year is what kept me on the analog membership instead of downgrading to digital. 
    This. Thank you for the distinction between FAN and CUSTOMER. This is what a lot of folks are not getting. We're not feeling 'entitled' because we're Pearl Jam fans, but we ARE entitled to what we PAID for as CUSTOMERS almost TWO YEARS AGO. As a FAN, I get that the band is not as active and involved as they were 10-20 years ago, and while not happy with that, I get it. As a CUSTOMER, not getting what we paid for in a timely manner and the complete lack of communication is UNACCEPTABLE.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,756
    Image result for butthead eating popcorn gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    https://youtu.be/Xpugp6DIb3I

No, you're never gonna get it
    Never ever gonna get it (no, not this time)
    No, you're never gonna get it (my love)
    Never ever gonna get it
    Never ever gonna get it
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,592
    prl said:
    I'm sorry, that's not how it works. Otherwise I'll pay when I pay, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
    Unfortunately this is how it's working.  The other option is to do the lower membership and just pick up the vinyl when they drop it in the shop.  

You all have great arguments and ideas, but 10C is running the show here, and doesn't seem to want to share that info.

If 10C really cared about what you all are going through, they would address it.
    Haha, if they deliver another drunken Tripplehorn/Vedder mess will it be worth the wait? 
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Tiki said:
    https://youtu.be/Xpugp6DIb3I

Never ever gonna get it
    Never ever gonna get it
    you should be banned for posting en vogue video on a PJ site :) hahaha I kid I kid

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • I'm trying not to think about it, so when it shows up, I'll be pleasantly surprised! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    So, the 2016 has shown up? So, now are we just waiting for the 2017?
  • MedozK said:
    So, the 2016 has shown up? So, now are we just waiting for the 2017?

Indeed.

Seeing as it's still 2017, it's still not late.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • I'm seeing some confusion in the thread.

The deadline to join for a single is 12/31 (or 31/12 if you prefer.) Way back when, they would send out a reminder late in the year telling people to have their memberships current. Maybe you'd get the single by Christmas or at least a month of three later.

The problem there was (IMO) trying to explain to people why they wouldn't get a single, even if they joined that year. "You joined, but it was after the deadline."

The new way, everyone who is a member by 12/31 gets the single.

I renew in February. I know I'm in for a long wait, since the deadline isn't until the last day of the year.

And yeah... a MAJOR pass for them this year. The guy who mentioned his best friend dying hit the nail on the head. I have no doubt that Chris' death played a major factor.

However... I do think it's a bit odd how the 2016 single has a 2017 song on it. A year or so ago, a lot of us were hoping for the Betterman from Letterman.... Betterman maybe has been overdone at this point with Walmer School, the guitar/organ version and the original.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    Can't wait to hear. Photo posted over on Facebook.

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    So does the fact that this says "2017" on the back mean that we don't get our complete membership benefits that we paid for in 2016...?
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
    Thanks debirah that semt me the pic so i can post it online..
    Huntington Beach, CA,  is where this arrived first
    Thanks debirah that semt me the pic so i can post it online..
    Huntington Beach, CA,  is where this arrived first