2016 Single

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    KC138045 said:
    justam said:
    I think the real elephant in the room is that they don’t seem to want to make a holiday single anymore.  There is absolutely no enthusiasm for the project.  Not only no enthusiasm, they can’t even seem to force themselves to do it!  The real question for the curious is “why?” 
    Almost 26 years together as a band.  They're all older with families and have other projects besides Pearl Jam. Priorities and interest change over time. 
    As someone with a family who understands that, if they don't intend to get around to it as described in the membership, then re-visit membership perks.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    KC138045 said:
    justam said:
    I think the real elephant in the room is that they don’t seem to want to make a holiday single anymore.  There is absolutely no enthusiasm for the project.  Not only no enthusiasm, they can’t even seem to force themselves to do it!  The real question for the curious is “why?” 
    Almost 26 years together as a band.  They're all older with families and have other projects besides Pearl Jam. Priorities and interest change over time. 
    As someone with a family who understands that, if they don't intend to get around to it as described in the membership, then re-visit membership perks.

Yep.  It's getting kinda silly at this point.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    KC138045 said:
    justam said:
    I agree.  Maybe that change is coming but who knows.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    I'd be fine if they retired the 7" singles.  Just give us 3 bootlegs codes, Deep mag, and an item/shirt instead.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    KC138045 said:
    justam said:

This. If they're no longer interested in creating a fun, unique perk for fan club members, that is fine. But they should be honest about it. And communicate. The latter has proven to be a major hurdle for them.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

if they cant get it out for some reason or another, give a discount to the store for a purchase, or even reduce the fees.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Or ya know, instead of a 7" record, Deep mag, and code for a shirt/item... do like a yearly slipmat, can koozie, keychain and something like the campfire mugs or pint glasses, zippos, etc.  Something useful.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    KC138045 said:
    justam said:
    Agreed. I'm totally fine with them changing things to match their declining interest. But they need to actually change things, not just stop doing shit that they say they're going to do because they don't feel like it. That's not how it works when you're doing business, which is exactly what they have, whether they like it or not.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    To just stop the yearly single on wax after 25 years would be totally weak
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited December 2017
    Or ya know, instead of a 7" record, Deep mag, and code for a shirt/item... do like a yearly slipmat, can koozie, keychain and something like the campfire mugs or pint glasses, zippos, etc.  Something useful.
    I agree! Zippos! And coasters - some nice glass or stainless steel ones, not crap rubber foam or whatever. :tongue: Or at least just make useful stuff like that available in the shop, and not limited so they all immediately appreciate 400%. Maybe they should check out the TMR store for ideas. I'm not saying they should or could match what the TMR store offers, but at least check out some of their items, because those are quality items that people like, and usually readily available. Perhaps they can ask them who their suppliers are.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,823
    I dont want them to stop the vinyl. I’d be fine if they reworked it so the vault was the release and membership was $75 or something. 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I'm pretty sure that Deep is the reason the single is delayed. I got this email when I questioned them

"The 
    2016 Ten Club Single & Deep Magazine are currently in production & should be shipping hopefully soon. There were several delays throughout the editing and production process causing this issue to be later than usual. We apologize very much for the delay."
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,592
    I dont want them to stop the vinyl. I’d be fine if they reworked it so the vault was the release and membership was $75 or something. 
    Yes, or an additional vault.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,823
    FR181798 said:
    I'm pretty sure that Deep is the reason the single is delayed. I got this email when I questioned them

"The 2016 Ten Club Single & Deep Magazine are currently in production & should be shipping hopefully soon. There were several delays throughout the editing and production process causing this issue to be later than usual. We apologize very much for the delay."
    Actually that makes a ton of sense. Surprised we didn’t assume that earlier. 
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    Like luggage tags. 
    Oh wait,  they did that. 

Really,  after 25 years of collecting the 45's they better not stop now
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
    I could get on board with that.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    Deep13 is here!!!!!! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,680
    Pap said:
    Looks like 2016 has been skipped. Download says 2016 but spine says All Seasons 2017
    Kearnsy
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Pap said:

Thanks for the "heads up" :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Thanks! Looks great! Dated 2016 for the download but dated 2017 on the "print" materials.  Wondering what the scoop there is? 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    derbydave said:
    Pap said:

Thanks for the "heads up" :rock_on:
    You're welcome! :peace:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • prlprl Posts: 124
    deadendp said:
    Thanks! Looks great! Dated 2016 for the download but dated 2017 on the "print" materials.  Wondering what the scoop there is? 

The scoop is that you're not getting an issue of the Deep magazine, which you payed for in your annual subscription. 

Not only they're not keeping up with their own terms (one annual subscription will give you a single and a magazine, whether it's in digital or physical format), they're not even involved with the whole process apparently. Not a word from the band in the magazine, not a sign that any of them was around for making this. This 2017 issue is about the crew and the previous 2015 issue was a guide to Kevin Shuss' PJ memorabilia collection. Don't get me wrong, it's great to know the behind the scenes stuff and the collection is a great trip down memory lane, but where's the band? 

Did it really take them 2 years to produce an issue like this? Jeez, even the "Letters" section is composed of three screenshots of this forum! 

Like someone said here on in another thread, they should revisit their 10C perks and revise their prices accordingly. As it is right now, it's not working properly.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    prl said:
    deadendp said:

The scoop is that you're not getting an issue of the Deep magazine, which you payed for in your annual subscription. 

Not only they're not keeping up with their own terms (one annual subscription will give you a single and a magazine, whether it's in digital or physical format), they're not even involved with the whole process apparently. Not a word from the band in the magazine, not a sign that any of them was around for making this. This 2017 issue is about the crew and the previous 2015 issue was a guide to Kevin Shuss' PJ memorabilia collection. Don't get me wrong, it's great to know the behind the scenes stuff and the collection is a great trip down memory lane, but where's the band? 

Did it really take them 2 years to produce an issue like this? Jeez, even the "Letters" section is composed of three screenshots of this forum! 

Like someone said here on in another thread, they should revisit their 10C perks and revise their prices accordingly. As it is right now, it's not working properly.
    OR......
     its a printing error and was meant to read 2016. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,626
    Great issue
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Pap said:
    Just deep? No single? 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,756
    edited December 2017
    Image result for popcorn gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    prl said:
    deadendp said:

#Jumping to conclusions
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Pap said:

Is it gone now??
    Just checked the download tab & it's not there!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,680
    derbydave said:
    Pap said:

Is it gone now??

Gone for awhile. Thought it was just mine 
    Kearnsy
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,756
    derbydave said:
    Pap said:

Is it gone now??

It is gone, this is the week of someone accidentally putting downloads into accounts, yesterday it was Vault 7 non album track mp3s, today an issue of Deep, Tomorrow?!?!?!
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652