Options

Olympics in Rio

Comments

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited August 2016
    I'm glad the women's 4x100 relay team won their protest. They dropped the baton this morning after being bumped by the person next to her. They were able to run the event on an empty track and qualified for the finals.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847

You need to check out this link and video. It's 10C member, Jnimhaoelin commentating on the sailing event!

http://www.altdriver.com/lmao/the-best-olympic-commentary-ever/

Ha, that was very good :tongue: Dunno who it is though!

P.s. you know i'm a girl right? :wink:
    It's Viper from Hardy Bucks, lol.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    this is just like Scent of a Woman ... this Lochte guy has to be extremely narcissistic ... and an asshole ...
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    6 medals (3 gold, 1 silver & 2 bronze) so far for HELLAS

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Olympic volunteer says ‘we’re treated like animals,’ get expired food and work 12-hour days

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/rio-2016/olympic-volunteer-says-were-treated-like-animals

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    edited August 2016
    Well, the athletics is over, now what do I do with my life? :i_dunno:
  • Options

Practice your damn commentating!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

Did anyone mention that lady who has medaled at six straight Olympics?

It was mentioned, nobody cares because it's not an athletic sport. A person can shoot well from the age of grade school until they are in their 80's, which makes six straight Olympics just not that impressive.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

Practice your damn commentating!
    :rofl:
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,133
    lukin2006 said:

Olympic volunteer says ‘we’re treated like animals,’ get expired food and work 12-hour days

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/rio-2016/olympic-volunteer-says-were-treated-like-animals

Well, on the other side of the coin....

http://bigstory.ap.o...ss-olympic-food

I love this idea of usage of leftover food that is made into something delicious for those in need. Great idea for sure.

BTW, congratulations to BRASIL on their gold win in soccer and volleyball. I'm sure those wins amongst others has made these Olympics a joy for your country.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    rgambs said:

unsung said:

It was mentioned, nobody cares because it's not an athletic sport. A person can shoot well from the age of grade school until they are in their 80's, which makes six straight Olympics just not that impressive.
    Or the fact that you loathe anything that has to do with guns.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited August 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

Pretty sure rgambs isn't the only one who doesn't give a shit.
    Shooting? Honestly, I'd forgotten that was even an event, and i am an Olympics junkie. No one cares.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

Shooting? Honestly, I'd forgotten that was even an event, and i am an Olympics junkie. No one cares.
    well if you and rgambs don't give a shit then we should probably just get rid of it.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

well if you and rgambs don't give a shit then we should probably just get rid of it.
    Hahahaha

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

Low ratings, minimal media coverage. That suggests a lot more people than me and rgambs don't give a shit.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

Low ratings, minimal media coverage. That suggests a lot more people than me and rgambs don't give a shit.
    So ... not all Olympic sports draw high ratings and most are poorly attended ...

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

Who would know there are more to the olympics than just gymnastics, track and field and swimming? the coverage has completely sucked and olympic ratings have hit an all time low for nbc. maybe air some new sports.
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

So ... not all Olympic sports draw high ratings and most are poorly attended ...
    Most aren't poorly attended (except in Rio, the ghost town Games, lol). But yes i know there are several Olympic sports that don't get ratings. Those are the events that most people don't care about, which is my exact point.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

Lol

One out of seven posts scruffy does a good one.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

Lol

One out of seven posts scruffy does a good one.
    kma dirty.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure if the 100 metre events weren't going on the same night a Canadian won the high jump, the only people who would have been in attendance were his family and a few other Canadians ... that why this whole ordeal is packaged together under the Olympic umberalla...a few sports bring in the revenue to support these games...most of these sports most people don't care about until the Olympics roll around.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Shouldn't basketball be in the winter olympics? They run the same time as the NHL in the same arenas.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Shouldn't basketball be in the winter olympics? They run the same time as the NHL in the same arenas.

Haha, I don't think they determine which sport belongs in each Olympics according to the season in which they're played :tongue:
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

Really? That was what you got from that? It is 100% accurate.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

It would interfere with the NBA season. Can't have that.
  • Options

Jason P said:

It would interfere with the NBA season. Can't have that.
    So it doesn't count when the nhl stops for two weeks for the Olympics?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Ryan Lochte has lost 4 sponsors. People are acting like he kicked a puppy on live television during the closing ceremony.