Comments

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

Even with a metal detector, at that point, I'm not sure what good it would have done.

My heart goes out to those people who were fucking ambushed, and those mourning them this morning.

from what I've read an officer engaged him outside the club; the shooter then went into the club.
    what the hell kind of device did he have? are there know suicide bombers active in the u.s.?! fuck
    Early reports are calling that "device" an assault weapon.
    Early reports also list Omar Mir Seddique Mateen as a registered Democrat.
    Was it the democrat membership that allowed him to murder 50 plus people?

Assault weapon defenders have blood on their hands again today.
    Florida is a red state so that no true Scotsman argument of this only happening in democrat run areas can stop right now.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS apparently

First ISIS-related terrorist act in the US then?
    Uhhhh...no.
    ?
    There have been 4 in the US.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/06/17/world/middleeast/map-isis-attacks-around-the-world.html?_r=0

Click on link and search by region.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,645

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

Even with a metal detector, at that point, I'm not sure what good it would have done.

My heart goes out to those people who were fucking ambushed, and those mourning them this morning.

from what I've read an officer engaged him outside the club; the shooter then went into the club.
    what the hell kind of device did he have? are there know suicide bombers active in the u.s.?! fuck

Florida is a red state so that no true Scotsman argument of this only happening in democrat run areas can stop right now.
    FL went to Obama twice. But they have a red gov and congress. It's the most bizarre state in the union, and it's not even close.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,053
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS apparently

First ISIS-related terrorist act in the US then?
    Uhhhh...no.
    ?
    There have been 4 in the US.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/06/17/world/middleeast/map-isis-attacks-around-the-world.html?_r=0

Click on link and search by region.
    Thx!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

FL went to Obama twice. But they have a red gov and congress. It's the most bizarre state in the union, and it's not even close.
    For sure and nobody is making the argument that Islamists will only attack democrat run areas. I will make the argument however that they will research/plan and try to attack soft targets of ideological value.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

For sure and nobody is making the argument that Islamists will only attack democrat run areas. I will make the argument however that they will research/plan and try to attack soft targets of ideological value.
    Of course, that is one of the requirements for it to be classified as terrorism. I wonder what Dylan Roof is thinking right now, he was set to be big news this week but now he is a back burner story.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    An interesting summary here and a must watch video of an Imam's speech to a section of the Orlando Islamic community with specific words on gay people.

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2016/06/12/orlando-night-club-attack-by-known-wolf-terrorist-previously-investigated-by-fbi/

That is what real incitement looks like.

Edit...Video added

https://youtu.be/qBlwxqqAprQ
    Post edited by BS44325 on
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,053
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Arrest in LA today. No word as to whether this has any relation at all. Could be completed coincidence.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gay-pride-la-weapons-20160612-snap-story.html
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It's a huge deal here, very close to home. Parade up the road is to start right about now.

May all keep safe.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928
    fucking horrible situation. Thoughts and prayers with all those that were effected by it.

Pride fest this weekend all over the country.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I'm disappointed in Obama's statement, why make someone like Trump right by failing to identify the terrorist as Islamic when it is obviously the case. I understand why they don't like to use the term "radical Islamic terrorist", but why add fuel to the fire?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

I'm disappointed in Obama's statement, why make someone like Trump right by failing to identify the terrorist as Islamic when it is obviously the case. I understand why they don't like to use the term "radical Islamic terrorist", but why add fuel to the fire?

Agreed but the unfortunate reason is that Obama buys into the narrative as outlined by the "aggrieved Islamic community"... i.e. This is due to American foreign policy, it's due to Israel, it's due to Guantanmo, it's due to general cultural insensitivity etc. and if only we treat the Islamic community with more respect it will all go away. Well I am sorry Mr. President but none of these have anything to do with it. Radical Islamist hate gays and as per the video of the Iranian imam's speech above believe that it is compassionate and righteous to murder them.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    It's because of the language used around terrorism, and Obama's smart enough to see how the term "Islamic terrorist" is used to manipulate and incite fear, and therefore move with misguided policies, e.g. banning Muslims from entering the country until we get this sorted out. When we start hearing the term "Christian terrorists", I suppose it makes sense to start saying "Muslim terrorists". They aren't acting from their religion, whether they claim to be Christian or Muslim.
  • Options

It's because of the language used around terrorism, and Obama's smart enough to see how the term "Islamic terrorist" is used to manipulate and incite fear, and therefore move with misguided policies, e.g. banning Muslims from entering the country until we get this sorted out. When we start hearing the term "Christian terrorists", I suppose it makes sense to start saying "Muslim terrorists". They aren't acting from their religion, whether they claim to be Christian or Muslim.

I understand that perfectly, but there is more to be lost than gained with such deliberate use of language.
  • Options

But don't you see how this is a massive problem? Instead of confronting the issue Obama is more concerned about how his words will be used to "manipulate" and "incite". That is a complete absence of leadership. He should be concerned with confronting radical Islam itself instead of being concerned about the behaviour of his political opposition. C'mon man!
  • Options
    The firearms were legally purchased recently
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,645
    BS44325 said:

But don't you see how this is a massive problem? Instead of confronting the issue Obama is more concerned about how his words will be used to "manipulate" and "incite". That is a complete absence of leadership. He should be concerned with confronting radical Islam itself instead of being concerned about the behaviour of his political opposition. C'mon man!
    Speeches and nomenclature are not examples of confronting the problem. Intelligence, policies, spying, drone strikes (however you feel about that) etc are examples of confronting. This is why it doesn't matter to me, one bit, whether he uses the term Islamic or not.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited June 2016
    muskydan said:

So it's been determined that it's a terrorist I mean 20 dead is terrorist act but I'm wondering how fast they pin it on a Muslim ...

Wonder no further. As much as the apologists want to sprinkle unicorn poop and ferry dust on incidents like this, never forget you as an American are a infidel and must be slaughtered. More importantly God bless the victims and families of yet another terrorist attack.
    "Unicorn poop and ferry dust". Telling. And the god tie in. Textbook.

oh how a large percentage of our population has same fked up hateful mindset as this guy. Fk, brain scans of typical Trump supporters match those of this killer. Guns gods and hating gays. Same shit.

And God didn't bless any of these folks did he? Made em gay but they can't act on it, living in Red state with stupid laws and then, then killing and injuring them. God fked em.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

Oh boy.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    rgambs said:

The firearms were legally purchased recently

Off course it's really a dog chasing his tail syndrome in this country , what do we do ban all Muslims from entering the country and rounding up the ones that are already here , but still keep the same laws in place where any one even people on watch list can walk into gun shop and purchase any weapon that's there for sale ?? We are fucked !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

An interesting summary here and a must watch video of an Imam's speech to a section of the Orlando Islamic community with specific words on gay people.

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2016/06/12/orlando-night-club-attack-by-known-wolf-terrorist-previously-investigated-by-fbi/

Edit...Video added

1400 hate crimes in 2014 on sexual orientation per FBI stats. Lotsa non Muslim gay haters in this country.

It's a fake God believing problem. A masculinity problem.

• Options
    rgambs said:

Would you rather the POTUS said what Trump said?

Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!

http://time.com/4365411/orlando-shooting-donald-trump-tweet-congrats/
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2016
    BS44325 said:

If anyone doesn't feel vile disgust when watching that video and hearing that guy speak is just as wacko in the brain as he.
    god, fuck I hate religion
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    I just found out about this massacre :( I am shocked and appalled at the amount of hate in the world--so disturbing! My heart goes out to the deceased, injured, friends and family affected. I hope for a better world, if its even still possible.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

hedonist said:

All weapons can technically be described as an assault weapon. It hasn't been reported as of yet what the make and model of the gun was or how it was purchased. Important details to know before we claim who has blood on their hands.
    Maybe it was a knife? Maybe he killed 50 plus people with his bare hands? We don't really know yet do we?
    Well we know it was a gun. What kind of gun though? How was it obtained? These things matter before we jump to general gun control conclusions. We also know it was inspired by Islamic Radicalism and that the gunman was known to authorities. We know he drove 2 plus hours to specifically attack a soft target. Could earlier profiling of this individual prevented this tragedy or would that have offended your progressive sensibilities? Could a gun in the hand of a security guard prevented this massacre or would that have offended your naive wish for a violent free world? There is a lot we still don't know for you to put "blood on people's hands". As far as I'm concerened the blood is on the hands of the attacker and those who shield his ideology from being confronted.
    There really is no way to kill that many people that quickly with any other type of weapon other than an ar-15 or ak-47. Any other thought is just rhetoric.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited June 2016
    callen said:

BS44325 said:

Edit...Video added

1400 hate crimes in 2014 on sexual orientation per FBI stats. Lotsa non Muslim gay haters in this country.

It's a fake God believing problem. A masculinity problem.

Lol!

"Out of compassion... Don't be embarrassed."

Gee yah. People are too 'embarrassed' to go kill some gay people. I mean... they really want to go kill gays, but just too embarrassed.

* Fixed to not hurt feelings.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ^^^
    The sad part is people on this train will find that post offensive.
  • Options

^^^
    The sad part is people on this train will find that post offensive.

Really? How so?
    "My brain's a good brain!"