BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    I sense a thread being closed very soon
    At the very least a scolding is on the way

:worried:
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    edited September 2016
    Free said:

Bernie is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He's been a pretty honest politician trying to do what's right for the population. He, along with the rest of us progressives, know damn well the shit storm that awaits us if Trump is elected. He is attempting to save us and the rest of the planet from Trump, which can be respected and most certainly appreciated, but the reality is that the times are changing and many of us will no longer put up with the same old shit- The polls are clearly reflecting that - With two third party candidates taking up a chunk of voters. The reality is that Trump might actually win. Hillary and Trump both are untrustworthy, according to the polls, and they're both viewed negatively by most Americans. Trump is a fucking bigot and just about any other progressive running against him would have probably been destroying his ass, the same goes on the right - just about any other republican would have probably been destroying Hillary.
    The American people are the real losers here - One of these two top candidates need to drop the fuck out! Because at this point I would have much rather have Rubio or Cruz as my damn President then have Clinton or Trump (same goes on the left).... That's a big fucking deal. It really is.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited September 2016
    mrussel is good people.

Just saying.

(FYI, random angry pm's received may be a bit jarring initially, but do bring a chuckle after the fact...trust me =) )

**edited to remove an extra "L"
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,812
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Honestly the best thing that can happen to this country is for Clinton to drop out. She's now behind in the polls. That's fucking scary!!

She and trump are both polling incredibly high on untrustworthy and unfavorable ratings. That's not good for the American people. We deserve better!

Let someone else step in and easily defeat trump.
    This is pathetic

All those using fear to vote for Hillary are voting for a loser. And the even bigger losers are her voters. See the article I posted. Not a single Clinton shirt sold but 50 Bernie's shirts did. What does this say America?? Not one Clinton yard sign anywhere in my vicinity and I drive an hour commute.
    That's very clever Free. Alas we forget who won the primary and who is at home in his third home in VT, among the common folk. And Tim Canova is back in school. But I won't expect a reply from you since you sent all those PMs to me threatening to have me banned if I ever replied to your posts again. Fortunately we don't have safe spaces on the AMT. You have to deal with the dystopian intellectual wasteland of this board.

Dude, what's up with the personal remarks. We don't need to know your personal issues and that isn't cool to be posting those private details. That really says a lot about an individual. If the discussion strikes a nerve you should probably chill out for a moment.

As far as her convincingly winning the primary, now that's bogus. There were\are many issues with that primary. And You know it.

Her dropping out has nothing to do with Bernie. The polls are turning in Trumps favor and that's pathetic. That has nothing to do with Bernie- that's all her! Her strategy isn't looking that good right now, and let's face it, she's fucking competing against a Goddam moron and she's still failing. The polls show her untrustworthiness at nearly 70%!!! That's not because of Bernie, bro! The canova thing is silly, too. You're throwing rocks at him because he had outside influence and yet he still lost- Shit Hillary has people outside the country influencing and donating shit loads of money and yet she's losing to a fucking bigot / racist! How fucked up do things have to be that DWS, with all her bull shit, still won that battle- it's disgraceful, it truly is.

Get a grip
    Who said the word 'convincingly'? Not me. She won the primary so I would say she isn't a 'loser' nor are her supporters 'losers', as Free declared. Nor am I full of drama. Nor am I brainwashed and every other idiotic thing that seems to be ascribed to anyone who doesn't blindly support Bernie. Oh yeah, nor am I paid by the Clinton campaign as Free strongly suggested about Gern and me. And I just posted the Cliff's notes versions of what was PMed to me. This isn't a two party consent board so if I choose to share I may share. But for ONCE "dude", you should bring up an actual policy argument instead of the right wing bullshit that the lunatic left has decided to co-op. I've politely discussed numerous real issues and have begged to discuss more. But all we get from the far left of me is the same crap recycled in slightly different format in a different thread. Very little strikes a nerve with me, but tedious arguments do.

• Options
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

Honestly the best thing that can happen to this country is for Clinton to drop out. She's now behind in the polls. That's fucking scary!!

She and trump are both polling incredibly high on untrustworthy and unfavorable ratings. That's not good for the American people. We deserve better!

This is pathetic

All those using fear to vote for Hillary are voting for a loser. And the even bigger losers are her voters. See the article I posted. Not a single Clinton shirt sold but 50 Bernie's shirts did. What does this say America?? Not one Clinton yard sign anywhere in my vicinity and I drive an hour commute.
    That's very clever Free. Alas we forget who won the primary and who is at home in his third home in VT, among the common folk. And Tim Canova is back in school. But I won't expect a reply from you since you sent all those PMs to me threatening to have me banned if I ever replied to your posts again. Fortunately we don't have safe spaces on the AMT. You have to deal with the dystopian intellectual wasteland of this board.

This is the *1* time I will respond to you and it is because of your need to publicly attack and lie about "all those PMs to me threatening to have me banned if I ever replied to your posts again."

What a fucking joke, that you'll make shit up. Like Tonifig said, it says more about you than anything.

Get outside, enjoy the beautiful September day.

Free- do you mind if I post this screen shot of your PMs? I want to make sure people know I don't make shit up. If you are confident, then I'm sure you'll be fine with it.
  • Options
    And don't get yourself banned from here, m. I consider thought and civility to be valuable attributes.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

And don't get yourself banned from here, m. I consider thought and civility to be valuable attributes.

Good thing Kat is probably off already!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

This is pathetic

This is the *1* time I will respond to you and it is because of your need to publicly attack and lie about "all those PMs to me threatening to have me banned if I ever replied to your posts again."

What a fucking joke, that you'll make shit up. Like Tonifig said, it says more about you than anything.

Free- do you mind if I post this screen shot of your PMs? I want to make sure people know I don't make shit up. If you are confident, then I'm sure you'll be fine with it.
    Don't do it
    You'll get banned
    Not worth it
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

hedonist said:

Do NOT forget about Sea :no_mouth:
  • Options
    hedonist said:

mrussel1 said:

hedonist said:

Do NOT forget about Sea :no_mouth:
    Yeah but maybe I have tonight....
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    mrussel1 said:

hedonist said:

QUICK! EDIT THAT POST TO THE FAMOUS

"." response!!

:lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited September 2016
    Photo already taken.

ETA:

:scream:
  • Options
    Wait, I meant...

• Options
    Free said:

tonifig8 said:

This is pathetic

All those using fear to vote for Hillary are voting for a loser. And the even bigger losers are her voters. See the article I posted. Not a single Clinton shirt sold but 50 Bernie's shirts did. What does this say America?? Not one Clinton yard sign anywhere in my vicinity and I drive an hour commute. There have been a dozen or so Trump signs.
    T-shirts? You're using the number of T-shirts as evidence that Bernie should be the nominee? Now if that doesn't sound like the new millenials, I don't know what does. He who sells the most shirts wins. Oh boy.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

This is pathetic

All those using fear to vote for Hillary are voting for a loser. And the even bigger losers are her voters. See the article I posted. Not a single Clinton shirt sold but 50 Bernie's shirts did. What does this say America?? Not one Clinton yard sign anywhere in my vicinity and I drive an hour commute. There have been a dozen or so Trump signs.
    T-shirts? You're using the number of T-shirts as evidence that Bernie should be the nominee? Now if that doesn't sound like the new millenials, I don't know what does. He who sells the most shirts wins. Oh boy.
    i thought the same. we are using t-shirts to gauge support. hell, if that is the case, based on wrigley merch lines you would think pearl jam is on the campaign trail.

also, the "in my vicinity" thing is anecdotal evidence. highly subjective and based on geographic location within a district within a state. a microcosm of the general election and most likely has no impact on electoral college.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

This is pathetic

i thought the same. we are using t-shirts to gauge support. hell, if that is the case, based on wrigley merch lines you would think pearl jam is on the campaign trail.

also, the "in my vicinity" thing is anecdotal evidence. highly subjective and based on geographic location within a district within a state. a microcosm of the general election and most likely has no impact on electoral college.
    Good god, per usual, using any example will be excused by supporters. ANY. Over and over again, Queen Hillary will not be scrutinized yet she has not half the enthusiasm and support that Trump and Bernie have.That says plenty.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    my jaunt through Maine last week showed more signs for Gary Johnson and Trump than Clinton ... there were actually not many signs at all to be quite honest ... but of the ones I saw ... didn't see any for HRC except for a sticker on a person's car ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

my jaunt through Maine last week showed more signs for Gary Johnson and Trump than Clinton ... there were actually not many signs at all to be quite honest ... but of the ones I saw ... didn't see any for HRC except for a sticker on a person's car ...

Gary Johnson? You mean the guy that this morning didn't know what Aleppo was? Yeah, informed voters for sure. He's ready.

Maine will go for Clinton by 8 points+. Don't you worry.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

Gary Johnson? You mean the guy that this morning didn't know what Aleppo was? Yeah, informed voters for sure. He's ready.

guessing most americans don't know where Aleppo is ...

in any case - just noting what I saw ... Maine has probably voted blue for a while ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

in any case - just noting what I saw ... Maine has probably voted blue for a while ...
    I understand your comments on Maine. I was at a hospital this morning and I saw all of one political sticker. It was a Trump sticker on a Hummer. No surprise. But I'm supremely confident that Clinton wins VA, like Maine.

Americans may not know about Aleppo, but anyone who is running to be the leader of the free world should. Like Stein, Johnson gives scant attention to international affairs.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    Bernie supporters are like spurned lovers who drive by your house day after day hoping your mind will change never admitting it's over.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

I understand your comments on Maine. I was at a hospital this morning and I saw all of one political sticker. It was a Trump sticker on a Hummer. No surprise. But I'm supremely confident that Clinton wins VA, like Maine.

Americans may not know about Aleppo, but anyone who is running to be the leader of the free world should. Like Stein, Johnson gives scant attention to international affairs.
    sure ... but it won't swing a vote either ... no one is NOT going to vote for GJ because he didn't know where Aleppo is ...
  • Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    does he truly not know where Aleppo is, or was it just a question he messed up on? I don't expect anybody to know everything 100% of the time, especially under pressure at a press conference/interview etc. Taking one screw up out of context does not make your argument very good. I also don't 100% support Johnson, but he does seem like a very knowledgeable politician.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

does he truly not know where Aleppo is, or was it just a question he messed up on? I don't expect anybody to know everything 100% of the time, especially under pressure at a press conference/interview etc. Taking one screw up out of context does not make your argument very good. I also don't 100% support Johnson, but he does seem like a very knowledgeable politician.

Judge for yourself. But he has not been knowledgeable at all about really important issues throughout the campaign. When he and Weld did a town hall, Weldon answered most of the questions. GJ is perfectly acceptable to be a state governor, but the jump to president is a big difference. They aren't just local issues anymore.

So it's embarrassing that he doesn't know about Aleppo, but what is just as curious is his solution for Syria. He believes we should diplomatically join hands with Russia on the issue. Now it's a viable position to join hands with Russia, but the Syrian war will not end simply by diplomatically joining hands. Why does he think the Free Syria army will disband when we join hands with al-Assad? This is a naive position.

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/gary-johnson-asks-what-is-aleppo-760358979962
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

This is pathetic

Don't waste your energy on this, mrussell; I'd hate to see such a valuable and informed voice gone from this place. Anyone who's participated in reasonable, intelligent discussion with you here understands which of the two of you are presenting facts. Anyone who's only participated in discussion with you (hold the intelligence and reasonable nature) will not be swayed to make a positive statement about you anyways.

PS - I never responded to your TARP analysis, but it was fascinating to me, and a much more holistic view of the risk/reward of bailout programs than I had ever thought of.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

tonifig8 said:

This is pathetic

Don't waste your energy on this, mrussell; I'd hate to see such a valuable and informed voice gone from this place. Anyone who's participated in reasonable, intelligent discussion with you here understands which of the two of you are presenting facts. Anyone who's only participated in discussion with you (hold the intelligence and reasonable nature) will not be swayed to make a positive statement about you anyways.

PS - I never responded to your TARP analysis, but it was fascinating to me, and a much more holistic view of the risk/reward of bailout programs than I had ever thought of.
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm less agitated today. Don't like to be called a liar/bullshit though, but oh well.
  • Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    mrussel1 said:

Judge for yourself. But he has not been knowledgeable at all about really important issues throughout the campaign. When he and Weld did a town hall, Weldon answered most of the questions. GJ is perfectly acceptable to be a state governor, but the jump to president is a big difference. They aren't just local issues anymore.

So it's embarrassing that he doesn't know about Aleppo, but what is just as curious is his solution for Syria. He believes we should diplomatically join hands with Russia on the issue. Now it's a viable position to join hands with Russia, but the Syrian war will not end simply by diplomatically joining hands. Why does he think the Free Syria army will disband when we join hands with al-Assad? This is a naive position.

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/gary-johnson-asks-what-is-aleppo-760358979962
    I did see an article on this shortly after I posted that earlier. Pretty embarrassing that he apparently didn't recognize Aleppo, whether he truly knew what it was or not. From what I remember from his 2012 campaign though, he argues for pulling military out of international affairs. This would essentially explain the idea of attempting a diplomatic solution, whether it works or not. He does not seem to be a fan of being the worlds police force.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

I did see an article on this shortly after I posted that earlier. Pretty embarrassing that he apparently didn't recognize Aleppo, whether he truly knew what it was or not. From what I remember from his 2012 campaign though, he argues for pulling military out of international affairs. This would essentially explain the idea of attempting a diplomatic solution, whether it works or not. He does not seem to be a fan of being the worlds police force.
    You're right that he's an isolationist, but evidently just on paper. I may not agree with that as a strategy, but it's a strategy. However, joining hands with Russia diplomatically is not an isolationist response. It's taking sides with al-Assad and Putin against the Free Syria army. Candidly, I actually favor siding with Russia on this issue because Syria will just be overrun by ISIL if the al-Assad regime topples. But I favor actually doing something about it, rather than this milquetoast position GJ is staking out. I think either you are in or out.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

I didn't know where Aleppo is until just now. But I'm an uninformed idiot, right? Right....
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

I didn't know where Aleppo is until just now. But I'm an uninformed idiot, right? Right....
    If you were running for POTUS, I would say yes. If you are just a guy that pays attention to what's going on in the world when you can, then I would say no. Sorry, the bar for uninformed for you and a POTUS candidate are far different. I don't want to 'drink a beer' with the president. That's how we got W.