Pearl Jam, Inc.--sold out?

1235»

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

DeLukin said:

I like what they're doing. The stuff is well designed, good quality, reasonably priced, and there is something for everyone.

My only complaint is that they're on to the SKU thing but we all knew that was too good to last, right #SkuGuy?

Obviously not for EVERYONE, at least 3 different fans in this thread don't like the apparel options, and I do realize most people when they get older they throw in the towel as far as fashion goes so they can be a role model of conservatism for their kids to emulate to help create an even more boring world to be the 2020 version of Leave It To Beaver, and by the way, more power to you, I subscribe to the T.S.Eliot philosophy of "Only those who risk going too far, can find out how far one can actually go", it is far easier to be unoriginal, then to risk wiping out because you weren't afraid to embrace the extreme creative parts of your soul. You can never find anything that everyone will like, because there will be people challenging the norms and the accepted givens that majority of society just accepts without ever questioning it's validity, but whatever, most everyone have thrown in the towel too, so you all decide what's normal, and who gets labeled as a freak, and some of those freaks end up giving up their dreams, and killing their imaginations, just so you won't make them feel different. Not me though, I can give shit less what anyone's opinion of me is, or your sensibilities I may have somehow unintentionally offended.
    I keep reading your comments on how other people dress, and how you put down their choices. Does it really matter, you know, since you are here "for the music"? If memory serves, and correct me if I am wrong, your pic in your signature not too long ago had you sporting a black shirt (and the current pic shows the band in mostly black). So why the animosity towards others who choose to wear that color? You even mocked Mike for wearing "hipster" clothes in your other thread. I don't think anyone, including Mike himself, would describe him as a hipster (I know, I know...this was your sarcasm). As for creativity, I'd like to think I express mine in more than just my outfits.
    ELITIST FUK
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

DeLukin said:

I like what they're doing. The stuff is well designed, good quality, reasonably priced, and there is something for everyone.

My only complaint is that they're on to the SKU thing but we all knew that was too good to last, right #SkuGuy?

Obviously not for EVERYONE, at least 3 different fans in this thread don't like the apparel options, and I do realize most people when they get older they throw in the towel as far as fashion goes so they can be a role model of conservatism for their kids to emulate to help create an even more boring world to be the 2020 version of Leave It To Beaver, and by the way, more power to you, I subscribe to the T.S.Eliot philosophy of "Only those who risk going too far, can find out how far one can actually go", it is far easier to be unoriginal, then to risk wiping out because you weren't afraid to embrace the extreme creative parts of your soul. You can never find anything that everyone will like, because there will be people challenging the norms and the accepted givens that majority of society just accepts without ever questioning it's validity, but whatever, most everyone have thrown in the towel too, so you all decide what's normal, and who gets labeled as a freak, and some of those freaks end up giving up their dreams, and killing their imaginations, just so you won't make them feel different. Not me though, I can give shit less what anyone's opinion of me is, or your sensibilities I may have somehow unintentionally offended.
    What about intentionally offended, because I'm pretty sure you just called at least 98% of people here mindless boring sheep without knowing shit about them. So you don't like it when anyone doesn't agree with you but you can tell the forum collectively to go get fucked. Good to know you're just here for the music and fuck all the people around you. Have you looked up the definition of hypocrite in the dictionary lately, you might want to give that another perusal. Also while you are there look up acceptance, compassion and just for kicks narcissism. Dude really way rude on so many levels. Go watch some penguins dance and chill out.
    Bless you, ND.

Hank...before you accuse me (or anyone else), take a look at yourself.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Oh, hi there, SD :)

Got a black PJ shirt I'm planning on wearing tomorrow!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    hedonist said:

Oh, hi there, SD :)

Got a black PJ shirt I'm planning on wearing tomorrow!

:smiley:
    ELITIST FUK
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957

DeLukin said:

https://youtu.be/1Y_7P9Ce9Uc
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,066
    edited June 2016

DeLukin said:

'throw in the towel', 'create an even more boring world', 'afraid to embrace', 'giving up their dreams', 'killing their immagination'
    these are very odd words in this context. you seem very defensive, almost like you think everyone is against you and the constant reassurance you give yourself.
    You need to understand people like different things and if they dont like what you like, then they are boring, thrown in the towel and unoriginal? But if its the other way round then they are labellng people as freaks? take a step back

Also, bear in mind this is a thread about merch, dont get so hung up on it
    Post edited by Force Of Nature on
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I buy some of the merch and don't buy other merch. I don't see it as a big deal in any case. If you want to buy it then go for it. If not then don't buy it. *shrug*
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Yefa said:

I buy some of the merch and don't buy other merch. I don't see it as a big deal in any case. If you want to buy it then go for it. If not then don't buy it. *shrug*

Seems like a simple concept to me.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Yefa said:

Yep. That's what works for me, too.