Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Any one go to the Portland show? Setlist.fm shows only 11 songs. Might just be early and it’s not correct yet. But 11 songs. That seems odd. 
    That is accurate.

#FHP
  • Options
    Any one go to the Portland show? Setlist.fm shows only 11 songs. Might just be early and it’s not correct yet. But 11 songs. That seems odd. 

Rumor is Eugene show cancelled per reddit. Announcement on tour expected Thursday.  No word on toolband.com yet.
    I live in Eugene local news is saying the show is still on.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos said:
    Portland tonight!

Enjoy, I hope you get 7empest!!! 

Spokane's poster was unreal... they've really been killing with a lot of these (there's been some misses too, that's for sure)

I'm holding my breath these days, nervous that they're going to cancel some of this tour. It won't be the end of the world if they do, but I'm really looking forward to catching one more show if possible.  

I didn't care for the poster so I passed. Did get 7empest though.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Looks like it is cancelled after all.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    . Dbl
  • Options
    Horos said:
    That is accurate.

Seems they skipped Parabol/a?
  • Options
    Horos said:
    That is accurate.

Seems they skipped Parabol/a?
    yep
    #FHP
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495

https://toolband.com/news/2020/tonights-eugene-show-postponed/

"The remainder of the previously announced North American tour dates are currently unaffected."

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754

https://toolband.com/news/2020/tonights-eugene-show-postponed/

"The remainder of the previously announced North American tour dates are currently unaffected."

And now this. Wonder if cancelation or postponement is coming from them or they will just pick up the shows again when they are allowed. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/touring/9333748/live-nation-global-pause-tours-concerts-coronavirus?fbclid=IwAR2Z7v2ziDhRiU8IKgkSHe4llI-HVmEcBCcM--d4OWulR0HmVa0Btlp3yKU
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    edited March 2020
    Pretty awesome video I came across last night. Provides a nice 11 minute break from the Coronavirus talk.

https://youtu.be/FssULNGSZIA
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    Horos said:
    That is accurate.

full show right? just filled with 10 to 15 min songs?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Pretty awesome video I came across last night. Provides a nice 11 minute break from the Coronavirus talk.

We watched the same last night.  His playing is the drumming equivalent of rubbing your tummy and head at the same time - this weird coordination where the right arm's about the wrist and left's about the fingers.  Those sticks were blurred half the time!

And the leg/foot movements.  Jesus.

He's orchestral, in a way.
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    hedonist said:

We watched the same last night.  His playing is the drumming equivalent of rubbing your tummy and head at the same time - this weird coordination where the right arm's about the wrist and left's about the fingers.  Those sticks were blurred half the time!

And the leg/foot movements.  Jesus.

He's orchestral, in a way.
    Yeah, really incredible to watch, especially from that perspective. 

His talent can't even be described in words. Its unbelievable to watch.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Horos said:
    That is accurate.

full show right? just filled with 10 to 15 min songs?
    Yes it ran about 2 hours 15 minutes.

I was kicking myself for not going to the Eugene show and going to Portland because the venue is much smaller in Eugene. People were basically giving away tickets in Portland so I was going to see if I could find one in Eugene. Glad I went to Portland now.
    #FHP
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503

Unbelievable!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    edited March 2020

That video is unf'ing real.

He makes it look so natural, but there's nothing natural about it. (I was on the rail for that show too... B) )

In other Tool related topics: I wish they would just pull the plug on the April dates already. I think it's a foregone conclusion the shows won't be happening... people need their money back.

• Options

Saw it... no current option for a refund sucks.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I'm trying to sell a 2002 PT Cruiser.  Turns out there's a TOOL cd stuck in the CD player.

$2002  

seriously
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Ya I would love a refund right now for Tool. Could use the cash and could easily get a cheaper ticket if the date happens to work out in the future. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    edited March 2020
    PJNB said:
    Ya I would love a refund right now for Tool. Could use the cash and could easily get a cheaper ticket if the date happens to work out in the future. 
     I have asked and was told strict no refund policy.  It really sucks.  Hundreds of dollars in limbo at the moment.  Whats even worse is they're still keeping the delivery delay active so I can't even list them for resale at the moment.  Id take less than face value right now just to get them off of my hands.  

Good lesson to myself for the future:  TOOL tickets aren't in that high of demand, don't buy ahead of time and just hit up resale close to the show
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,476
    Tool just postponed the rest of the tour.
  • Options
    LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 258
    I feel like the entire Lateralus album was written for these current times of quarantine and isolation, lack of communication etc.  'The Patient' just knocked me over..."Gonna wait it out.....Be patient..."
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/fZFOe7A6p10

I know they said the same thing after 10,000 days released minus the lockdown we are in now but this has me interested in new music coming sooner rather than later at the very least!
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,493
    I want the Fear Inoculum vinyl!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    While I would love new Tool, I won’t be getting my hopes up... Danny has a track record of making optimistic comments about new material that don’t pan out. 
  • Options
    While I would love new Tool, I won’t be getting my hopes up... Danny has a track record of making optimistic comments about new material that don’t pan out. 
    Ya I seem to remember he or one of the other two made headlines soon after 10,000 Days was out saying new music was coming soon or something along those lines. That said no lawsuit now for an excuse and being lockdown could mean something sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed but well aware of what is likely to happen. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Ya I seem to remember he or one of the other two made headlines soon after 10,000 Days was out saying new music was coming soon or something along those lines. That said no lawsuit now for an excuse and being lockdown could mean something sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed but well aware of what is likely to happen. 

I recall late 2013 Danny said that sin Ethel lawsuit is settled they have the new material ready to record. 

In hindsight the wait was worth it.