HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    jesus. another $175 out of my pocket. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    nicknyr15 said:
    rberko1 said:
    I'm REALLY surprised how slow ticket sales are for Tool, actually. As nearly impossible as it was to get tix for Pearl Jam in Baltimore, there are still tickets in almost every section for Tool... close to an hour after on-sale.
    Tickets are expensive and a lot of people got it out if their system on the first legs. These will sell over time. 

Although they focus more on their home state, this will still be 8 shows in the northeast since November plus they played about 6 more in the NE in 2017

Yes PJ has more demand but there is no comparison to the number of shows performed 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748

Quebec City an hour and a half after the sale started. I think they overshot with two shows in QC. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    PJNB said:

Quebec City an hour and a half after the sale started. I think they overshot with two shows in QC. 
    Still good seats for pj too in QC.... tempting to go from nyc 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    jesus christ. how is "platinum seat pricing" legal? based on demand? I got tix for $175. all remaining seats around me (better and worse) are $544. that's real time scalping!!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,718
    I hate to root against anything, but I find myself actively rooting against concert sales. I hate it, but I can’t help it. I think the prices have become out of control and it needs a correction. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    jesus christ. how is "platinum seat pricing" legal? based on demand? I got tix for $175. all remaining seats around me (better and worse) are $544. that's real time scalping!!
    Ha...just checked Nassau and it's the same thing for me. Let's consider ourselves lucky!
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I hate to root against anything, but I find myself actively rooting against concert sales. I hate it, but I can’t help it. I think the prices have become out of control and it needs a correction. 
    The move for a lot of these shows is wait until later and buy on StubHub. That's my plan for Black Keys. There are a TON of tickets available. There will be steals left and right close to the date.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Ha...just checked Nassau and it's the same thing for me. Let's consider ourselves lucky!

Concert prices are very frustrating but I cant say I'm not tempted to grab a front row for $450. But of course I puppied out and bought face.

Regarding slower sales, they should have played the spring in Europe and the fall in the states. These dates are too darn close to the dates they just played 3 months ago.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,718
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The move for a lot of these shows is wait until later and buy on StubHub. That's my plan for Black Keys. There are a TON of tickets available. There will be steals left and right close to the date.
    My plan exactly 
  • Options
    tusevuntusevun Posts: 217
    Last Tool show I paid $35/ticket for 4 together. Will never pay list price for them again. If you are patient you will get a deal. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

Concert prices are very frustrating but I cant say I'm not tempted to grab a front row for $450. But of course I puppied out and bought face.

Regarding slower sales, they should have played the spring in Europe and the fall in the states. These dates are too darn close to the dates they just played 3 months ago.
    The VIP tix are a bargain when you put that package up against Platinum. I think you'll still feel pretty good about paying face for this show in a couple months. Some deals may pop up but nothing like the fire sale that some of these amphitheater shows will be. 
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    just snagged two good wing tix on Justin's side for 150 each for Tacoma.  My 3rd show this tour.. Give me some 7empest please!!
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Picked up a single on the Floor 20 row in Vancouver for $250 .
    Ouch, pricey show but this will be number 10 for me.
    Rage and Tool in the same month! :)

Platinum seats are a joke they should just go back to GA
     Work and earn your spot on the floor.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options

mr bungle said:
    just snagged two good wing tix on Justin's side for 150 each for Tacoma.  My 3rd show this tour.. Give me some 7empest please!!

This will be my 3rd show of the FI tour as well, and my only regret is that’s all I’ve been able to get to. 

Zero Fs given for the amount of money I’ve spent on this tour, it’s been worth every penny so far, and I doubt Uniondale will change that. 

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,472

mr bungle said:

This will be my 3rd show of the FI tour as well, and my only regret is that’s all I’ve been able to get to. 

Zero Fs given for the amount of money I’ve spent on this tour, it’s been worth every penny so far, and I doubt Uniondale will change that. 

Word.
  • Options
    Sec 115 last row aisle seats.  4 of us going so we will enjoy this.  It's perfect height and distance to just take it all in.
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Got tix to Madison. Front row of the 200 level in the back corner. I've said it before...up front is great but in order to really take in the production that is the Tool show, you have to be back some. The visuals and the music is hair raising!! You will not be disappointed!!

And fuck yes...give me 7empest!!!!!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    edited March 2020

mr bungle said:

Same! Seen 4 shows since May of last year (and one that got cancelled day of).  Grabbed a great dead center middle floor seat for OKC.  Will be my 11th Tool show
    Post edited by NSL on
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • Options
    NSL said:

mr bungle said:

Same! Seen 4 shows since May of last year (and one that got cancelled day of).  Grabbed a great dead center middle floor seat for OKC.  Will be my 11th Tool show

I’ll be at 11 also in May. Considering they went 12 years without playing anywhere near me (biggest city in the country) not bad! Happy to get the chance to see them again!
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,190
    nicknyr15 said:
    rberko1 said:
    I'm REALLY surprised how slow ticket sales are for Tool, actually. As nearly impossible as it was to get tix for Pearl Jam in Baltimore, there are still tickets in almost every section for Tool... close to an hour after on-sale.
    Tickets are expensive and a lot of people got it out if their system on the first legs. These will sell over time. 

Although they focus more on their home state, this will still be 8 shows in the northeast since November plus they played about 6 more in the NE in 2017

Yes PJ has more demand but there is no comparison to the number of shows performed 
    Also, Tool is the same show over and over. 1.. maybe 2 songs will change each leg/show. I spent thousands trying to catch them playing opiate and gave up. Just not a band worth seeing more than once per tour unless you want to see the same exact show multiple times and spend money for 1 different song. I think that's a big part of slower sales to start.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    rberko1 said:

Also, Tool is the same show over and over. 1.. maybe 2 songs will change each leg/show. I spent thousands trying to catch them playing opiate and gave up. Just not a band worth seeing more than once per tour unless you want to see the same exact show multiple times and spend money for 1 different song. I think that's a big part of slower sales to start.

It’s also smaller markets. A place like Nassau is impossible to get to from anywhere in the country outside of LI. Wilkes Barre is a very small market hours from any city, just to name 2 shows as an example. But they still will sell out

Their shows (with few set changes) and musicianship is a lot like Rush, who used to warm up on their own for a month, then practice together for a month, then do five days at a small arena putting the show in place.  Changes are difficult for sound to be matched to a laser and light and video performance along with music that requires nine weeks of practice. I believe Tool does not practice together as extensively as Rush did before tours.  But they will soundcheck a new song for weeks before performing it live. That’s why few get added. Fans down under are saying 7empest was challenging for them to perform. 

From this upcoming May, over a 13 month period, Tool is expected to perform 105 shows. That does not compare to any level of work PJ has done recently and it’s a ton of shows to sell. I’d love to see PJ announce 105 shows at once, put their tenure and club scheme on hold and see how well it sells. Opportunities for new fans. Their songs can be warmed up a few times in sound check and added to the set with no elaborate visual production considerations. They are both great bands but comparing what each does on tour is like apples and oranges.

I’ll agree the set lists can be frustrating. The 2 shows I caught in the fall were the same, and I missed swamp song, the pot and part of me by days. 
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    https://plsn.com/articles/production-profile/tool-fear-inoculum-tour/

Good article on the Tool production ...

“Pneuma” contains 42 video cues, 70 lighting cues and 20 laser cues.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Portland tonight!
    #FHP
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Horos said:
    Portland tonight!

Enjoy, I hope you get 7empest!!! 

Spokane's poster was unreal... they've really been killing with a lot of these (there's been some misses too, that's for sure)

I'm holding my breath these days, nervous that they're going to cancel some of this tour. It won't be the end of the world if they do, but I'm really looking forward to catching one more show if possible.  

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Horos said:
    Portland tonight!

Enjoy, I hope you get 7empest!!! 

Spokane's poster was unreal... they've really been killing with a lot of these (there's been some misses too, that's for sure)

I'm holding my breath these days, nervous that they're going to cancel some of this tour. It won't be the end of the world if they do, but I'm really looking forward to catching one more show if possible.  

Same here, hoping 7empest is played in Baltimore, but it looks to be a staple now. Assuming the zombie apocalypse has not started by then. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613

I know it’s serious but gotta find some humor in these crazy times. 

And I always thought coronavirus was when your hungover the next day and are pissing out your ass from all the Coronas and shitty food you ate to soak up the booze. Oh how I was mistaken. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Any one go to the Portland show? Setlist.fm shows only 11 songs. Might just be early and it’s not correct yet. But 11 songs. That seems odd. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Any one go to the Portland show? Setlist.fm shows only 11 songs. Might just be early and it’s not correct yet. But 11 songs. That seems odd. 

Rumor is Eugene show cancelled per reddit. Announcement on tour expected Thursday.  No word on toolband.com yet.