Options

Republican Convention 2016/ Cleveland

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    edited July 2016
    Tiki said:

I don't respect anything about Ted Cruz, even his sticking to the script in the face of an angered mob ("ENDORSE TRUMP!")...if he was so principled (which he is not), he would have stayed home like John Kasich.

All Trump did was say his wife was ugly...

And said his dad was involved with the JFK assassination and threaten to bring his wife's depression up as a campaign topic. But yeah, I generally agree with you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,717
    edited July 2016
    Tiki said:

I don't respect anything about Ted Cruz, even his sticking to the script in the face of an angered mob ("ENDORSE TRUMP!")...if he was so principled (which he is not), he would have stayed home like John Kasich.

No, there is nothing to respect. The Trump speech was great because it ruffled feathers at the shit show. That's it. Cruz did it for his own sake though, not for anyone else (maybe God is some fucked up way). He didn't gain my respect. He just gave me a speech that I thoroughly enjoyed because it made all the idiots at the RNC look like bigger idiots, basically. Yes, I do get some feelings of glee when Trump supporters get all mad and defensive. It's funny.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

No, there is nothing to respect. The Trump speech was great because it ruffled feathers at the shit show. That's it. Cruz did it for his own sake though, not for anyone else (maybe God is some fucked up way). He didn't gain my respect. He just gave me a speech that I thoroughly enjoyed because it made all the idiots at the RNC look like bigger idiots, basically. Yes, I do get some feelings of glee when Trump supporters get all mad and defensive. It's funny.
    It is funny for sure. Again on the flipside though I wonder if we're all seeing it right. Trump knowingly let's Cruz go on stage and shit talk* him. People who are concerned about Trump being some potential Hitler-like authoritarian now have to come to the grips with the fact that he actively lets people shit talk him on prime time television. Is that authoritarian? Hardly. Next week we are going to compare that to the DNC which will be so scripted and boring and where all competition will be requires to bow down before a Hillary. A Hillary that has shown herself to be completely inaccessible to the media in comparison to the Trump family which has been on tve taking questions every second of everyday. How will the American people assess that difference? I am not sure I know anymore.

*interesting aside - I wrote "shit talk" and my iOS autocorrect entered "rebuke". I had to go back and re-type it. Weird.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

It is funny for sure. Again on the flipside though I wonder if we're all seeing it right. Trump knowingly let's Cruz go on stage and shit talk* him. People who are concerned about Trump being some potential Hitler-like authoritarian now have to come to the grips with the fact that he actively lets people shit talk him on prime time television. Is that authoritarian? Hardly. Next week we are going to compare that to the DNC which will be so scripted and boring and where all competition will be requires to bow down before a Hillary. A Hillary that has shown herself to be completely inaccessible to the media in comparison to the Trump family which has been on tve taking questions every second of everyday. How will the American people assess that difference? I am not sure I know anymore.

*interesting aside - I wrote "shit talk" and my iOS autocorrect entered "rebuke". I had to go back and re-type it. Weird.
    Yeah, I did see something about Trump seeing the speech beforehand and letting it happen. I just kind of assumed it's a miscalculation on Trump's part. I feel like Trump is actually starting to overestimate the power of his bullshit now. Now that the real race is on, I don't think he can keep playing the games he's been playing up until now. But to your point about him not appearing authoritarian... I never thought he appeared that way. His ideas are Hitler-esque, and some of his campaign tactics are too, in terms of propaganda, but he's never been one to just tell people to shut up. He can't do that, because he can't shut up himself. He is just constantly out there swinging instead of just shutting down detractors. He's not the least bit shy about confronting his critics and never has been. That in and of itself isn't a bad thing... it's the fact that the critics are usually right and Trump is always just blowing bullshit out of his mouth in response that is the problem, lol. When he defends himself he gets into these bizarre train of thought moments that come off as pretty nutty.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,718
    I'm eagerly waiting for tonight to hear what else I need to be afraid of.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I can't believe all of you are watching it.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,376
    Jason P said:

I stopped after the 1st night , if they are not going to lay out their mission for the country and only talk smack about HC for three days it's unwatchable to me !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126

Jason P said:

I stopped after the 1st night , if they are not going to lay out their mission for the country and only talk smack about HC for three days it's unwatchable to me !!
    ALL of these conventions are unwatchable I can't see what's so entertaining about this false lovest.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    At least the city of cleveland is keeping all the idiots under control so far.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    Jason P said:

At least the city of cleveland is keeping all the idiots under control so far.

What else would you expect the city just won a championship for the first time in umpteen years.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Jason P said:

Where are the Rifftrax guys when you need them?
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,019
    wow #steamrollertrump

illegals committing crimes in Chicago? OFF
    why isn't the guy who intro'd the trumps running?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

Tiki said:

And said his dad was involved with the JFK assassination and threaten to bring his wife's depression up as a campaign topic. But yeah, I generally agree with you.
    AND that 2. what a tool. #sotrump
  • Options
    BUT you know what? #hecouldwin so PAY ATTENTION.......
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

Yeah, I did see something about Trump seeing the speech beforehand and letting it happen. I just kind of assumed it's a miscalculation on Trump's part..
    No miscalculation at all he let Cruz sink his own ship and let everyone see that calling him "Lying Ted" was no mistake...I cant believe Cruz was pompous enough to fall for Trump setting him up...Cruz's political career is over

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Cruz needs to finish his term, then open a law practice where he can piss off people in the courtroom for big bucks. Something he's better suited to.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,843
    pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

Yeah, I did see something about Trump seeing the speech beforehand and letting it happen. I just kind of assumed it's a miscalculation on Trump's part..
    No miscalculation at all he let Cruz sink his own ship and let everyone see that calling him "Lying Ted" was no mistake...I cant believe Cruz was pompous enough to fall for Trump setting him up...Cruz's political career is over

As is Pence's, Christie's, etc.

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Christie has made a fool of himself for months with no payoff from Trump.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

I disagree that Ted's political career is over. When trump loses, and loses badly this November, he will be the first one in line to run against Hilary in 2020.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,843

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

I disagree that Ted's political career is over. When trump loses, and loses badly this November, he will be the first one in line to run against Hilary in 2020.
    It was definitely an all or nothing gamble. I'll give that to him even though his brain is warped.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,376
    pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

Nah he will survive it Christie on the other hand is done he needs Trump to win otherwise he will be selling hot dogs at minor league ball park if that !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

eddiec said:

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

Agreed. He is setting goals himself up pretty well IMO (which is a terrible thing).
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,227

pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

Nah he will survive it Christie on the other hand is done he needs Trump to win otherwise he will be selling EATING hot dogs at minor league ball park if that !!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    edited July 2016
  • Options
    the media will try to normalize the 2 candidates to get a even fight. resist.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    I wonder if he had an hour in a room alone with Bill and Chelsea Clinton if he could be convinced to endorse hilary?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    edited July 2016
    This pretty much means you should vote for Hillary, or at least not Trump
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    You'd think that Shkreli might be smart enough to understand that his support can only hurt, lol. I can't believe he's even still on Twitter.... although apparently almost 3500 idiots still like him.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

You'd think that Shkreli might be smart enough to understand that his support can only hurt, lol. I can't beleive he's even still in Twitter.... although apparently almost 3500 idiots still like him.
    There are idiots that still like Cheney, Dubya and Gohmert. All you have to do is do word searches for those who support them on Twitter and Facebook. Disturbing.
  • Options

This pretty much means you should vote for Hillary, or at least not Trump
    Or write in Bernie and vote Johnson or Stein.