Options

Republican Convention 2016/ Cleveland

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    That was fucking incredible. Hahahahahah. What a disaster
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    What a gong show. Trump walks out to take the spotlight off Cruz at the end of speech.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I know. Hilarious!!!
  • Options
    Pretty pretty sure that Cruz's moment is going to look a little better than Rubio's in 4 years from now
  • Options
    Bedtime. Didn't see too much of tonight but that Cruz speech was all I need to see
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    edited July 2016
    The GOP seems to be having trouble finding music by artists that will allow them to use it at the convention. May I suggest "crazy train" by ozzy. Seems perfect, especially after pence speech.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    What a thoroughly entertaining night. Bernie supporters must be wishing their candidate had Cruz's cojones.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    A nazi asshole trolling a nazi asshole. It's like deciding whether to root for Yanks or Red Sox.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Rick Scott is a douche bag. The Orlando shooting was not Isis inspired

He looks a lot like Peter Garrett from Midnight Oil.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    edited July 2016
    A nazi asshole trolling a nazi asshole. It's like deciding whether to root for Yanks or Red Sox.
    ^^^^^^Hey easy on the Red Sox.....at least they're not the evil empire.

Peace

Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    She forgot what meeting she was at for a second.
    Train friggin wreck
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,019
    edited July 2016
    Smellyman said:

She forgot what meeting she was at for a second.
    Train friggin wreck

DJT is reaching out to the females.

LI is pretty scary. the AG from FL and the "women in business for Trump" lady were pretty effing amazing too.

I thought Mrs. Newt was going to start stuttering, her head was going to ratchet back and forth and then her face was going to fall off.

but Teddy Ballgame? I seriously thought they were going to rush the stage with pitchforks.

So many oh snap, are you effing kidding me moments....that RNC feed is pure gold. I'm avoiding the the network (especially CNN) commentary from here on in. CNN didn't even show the above salute live because AC was in the middle of a panel discussion about Melania that I switched off just in time to see the end of that truly wonderful Republican moment.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    pureoc said:

The GOP seems to be having trouble finding music by artists that will allow them to use it at the convention. May I suggest "crazy train" by ozzy. Seems perfect, especially after pence speech.

Pete's Eminence Front was played earlier in the evening by GE Smith and the band.

The sun shines
    And people forget
    The spray flies as the speedboat glides
    And people forget
    Forget they're hiding
    The girls smile
    And people forget
    The snow packs as the skier tracks
    People forget
    Forget they're hiding

Behind an eminence front
    Eminence front, it's a put on
    It's an eminence front
    It's an eminence front, it's a put on
    An eminence front
    Eminence front, it's a put on
    Eminence front
    It's an eminence front
    It's a put on, it's a put on, it's a put on

Come and join the party
    Dress to kill
    Won't you come and join the party
    Dress to kill, dress to kill

Drinks flow
    People forget
    That big wheel spins, the hair thins
    People forget
    Forget they're hiding
    The news slows
    People forget
    Their shares crash, hopes are dashed
    People forget
    Forget they're hiding

Behind an eminence front
    An eminence front, it's a put on
    It's just an eminence front
    An eminence front
    Eminence front
    It's a put on, it's a put on, it's a put on

Come on join the party
    Dress to
    Come on join the party
    Dress to
    Come on join the party
    Dress to
    Come on join the party
    Dress to kill
    Dress yourself, dressed to kill
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,766
    Can't believe I'm saying this but good for Cruz! Didn't give into the political party bullshit and refused to endorse that piece of trash.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I'm no fan of Cruz, and think he's a Christian jihadist like Pence, but I do like the shit stirring. That was fun and entertaining. I wonder how this will affect him going forward. Does he become a hero because he stood on principle? Does he become a pariah because he went back on his pledge and showed the party that he can't be trusted? Was Trump an idiot for letting Cruz go up there knowing full well Cruz wasn't going to endorse him? Was Trump a genius for letting Cruz go up there knowing full well Cruz wasn't going to endorse him, and would piss off the party faithful? The WA State Republican chairwoman cornered him by the elevators after his speech and told him he was a traitor. Our delegation was primarily Cruz supporters (I think we only had 1 Trump delegate), so she was a fan of Cruz until the speech. It was awesome to think about her head exploding during that speech.

What will today bring?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,375

Can't believe I'm saying this but good for Cruz! Didn't give into the political party bullshit and refused to endorse that piece of trash.

Yeah I agree at least he's distancing himself from the baboon show plus his still pissed at asshole Trump for disrespecting his wife I just wish Cruz would of punched Trump in his face just for good measure !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    I'm thinking about a Cruz sign for the yard.
  • Options

Yeah I agree at least he's distancing himself from the baboon show plus his still pissed at asshole Trump for disrespecting his wife I just wish Cruz would of punched Trump in his face just for good measure !
    I love seeing all the progressive Ted Cruz haters showing their love for him now. It really is amazing. Let's be clear that everyone on here has always hated Cruz. Given the chance none of you would ever cast a vote for Ted Cruz. When Ted Cruz held up the budget deals over a year ago nobody on here thought he was speaking truth to power. I actually love what he did last night (although I believe it hurts him and not Trump over the long term) but let's not pretend that you all have some new found respect for the man which might put you in the Ted Cruz camp in the future.
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539

I AM SAM. I AM SAM. SAM I AM.

THAT SAM-I-AM! THAT SAM-I-AM! I DO NOT LIKE THAT SAM-I-AM!

DO WOULD YOU LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM?

I DO NOT LIKE THEM,SAM-I-AM.
    I DO NOT LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM.

WOULD YOU LIKE THEM HERE OR THERE?

I WOULD NOT LIKE THEM HERE OR THERE.
    I WOULD NOT LIKE THEM ANYWHERE.
    I DO NOT LIKE THEM, SAM-I-AM.

WOULD YOU LIKE THEM IN A HOUSE?
    WOULD YOU LIKE THEN WITH A MOUSE?

I DO NOT LIKE THEM IN A HOUSE.
    I DO NOT LIKE THEM WITH A MOUSE.
    I DO NOT LIKE THEM HERE OR THERE.
    I DO NOT LIKE THEM ANYWHERE.

WOULD YOU EAT THEM IN A BOX?
    WOULD YOU EAT THEM WITH A FOX?

NOT IN A BOX. NOT WITH A FOX.
    NOT IN A HOUSE. NOT WITH A MOUSE.
    I WOULD NOT EAT THEM HERE OR THERE.
    I WOULD NOT EAT THEM ANYWHERE.
    I WOULD NOT EAT GREEN EGGS AND HAM.

WOULD YOU? COULD YOU? IN A CAR?
    EAT THEM! EAT THEM! HERE THEY ARE.

I WOULD NOT, COULD NOT, IN A CAR.

YOU MAY LIKE THEM. YOU WILL SEE.
    YOU MAY LIKE THEM IN A TREE!

I WOULD NOT, COULD NOT IN A TREE.
    NOT IN A CAR! YOU LET ME BE.
    I DO NOT LIKE THEM IN A BOX.
    I DO NOT LIKE THEM WITH A FOX.
    I DO NOT LIKE THEM IN A HOUSE.
    I DO NOT LIKE THEM ANYWHERE.

A TRAIN! A TRAIN! A TRAIN! A TRAIN!
    COULD YOU, WOULD YOU ON A TRAIN?

NOT ON TRAIN! NOT IN A TREE!
    NOT IN A CAR! SAM! LET ME BE!
    I WOULD NOT, COULD NOT, IN A BOX.
    I WOULD NOT, COULD NOT, WITH A FOX.
    I WILL NOT EAT THEM IN A HOUSE.
    I WILL NOT EAT THEM HERE OR THERE.
    I WILL NOT EAT THEM ANYWHERE.
    I DO NOT EAT GREEM EGGS AND HAM.

SAY! IN THE DARK? HERE IN THE DARK!
    WOULD YOU, COULD YOU, IN THE DARK?

I WOULD NOT, COULD NOT, IN THE DARK.

WOULD YOU COULD YOU IN THE RAIN?

I WOULD NOT, COULD NOT IN THE RAIN.
    NOT IN THE DARK. NOT ON A TRAIN.
    NOT IN A CAR. NOT IN A TREE.
    I DO NOT LIKE THEM, SAM, YOU SEE.
    NOT IN A HOUSE. NOT IN A BOX.
    NOT WITH A MOUSE. NOT WITH A FOX.
    I WILL NOT EAT THEM HERE OR THERE.
    I DO NOT LIKE THEM ANYWHERE!

YOU DO NOT LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM?

COULD YOU, WOULD YOU, WITH A GOAT?

I WOULD NOT, COULD NOT WITH A GOAT!

WOULD YOU, COULD YOU, ON A BOAT?

I COULD NOT, WOULD NOT, ON A BOAT.
    I WILL NOT, WILL NOT, WITH A GOAT.
    I WILL NOT EAT THEM IN THE RAIN.
    NOT IN THE DARK! NOT IN A TREE!
    NOT IN A CAR! YOU LET ME BE!
    I DO NOT LIKE THEM IN A BOX.
    I DO NOT LIKE THEM WITH A FOX.
    I WILL NOT EAT THEM IN A HOUSE.
    I DO NOT LIKE THEM ANYWHERE!
    I DO NOT LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM!

YOU DO NOT LIKE THEM. SO YOU SAY.
    TRY THEM! TRY THEM! AND YOU MAY.
    TRY THEM AND YOU MAY, I SAY.

sAM! IF YOU LET ME BE,
    I WILL TRY THEM. YOU WILL SEE.

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    BS44325 said:

I love seeing all the progressive Ted Cruz haters showing their love for him now. It really is amazing. Let's be clear that everyone on here has always hated Cruz. Given the chance none of you would ever cast a vote for Ted Cruz. When Ted Cruz held up the budget deals over a year ago nobody on here thought he was speaking truth to power. I actually love what he did last night (although I believe it hurts him and not Trump over the long term) but let's not pretend that you all have some new found respect for the man which might put you in the Ted Cruz camp in the future.
    Cruz is an asshat. But it's worth saying something g when you alone are standing up against an entire party at the convention.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,717
    edited July 2016

BS44325 said:

Cruz is an asshat. But it's worth saying something g when you alone are standing up against an entire party at the convention.
    Exactly. I don't like Cruz any more than I ever did - I hate him and would actually prefer Trump over him for president. Definitely no love for him. But that doesn't mean his speech wasn't awesome, lol. I think that is all anyone is saying.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    #dontrusted
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Why is it so hard to understand that you can respect someone's position on one thing and completely disagree with them on everything else?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,375
    BS44325 said:

Hey we can like that he did last night but I would never ever vote for him or any other Republican ever do I respect him for last night but that's about it still find him & the whole GOP party repulsive !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    he looked PF scared you ask me.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Why is it so hard to understand that you can respect someone's position on one thing and completely disagree with them on everything else?
    It is not hard but when nobody on here ever respected his "truth to power" stance before it is amazing to see so much respect for that stance now. Not once have I ever seen somebody write "Man do I hate Ted Cruz but I sure do respect his stance on shutting down the government because he passionately disagrees with Obamacare." The only reason anybody respects it now is that opposition to the Republican nominee of the moment always supersedes anything else.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It is not hard but when nobody on here ever respected his "truth to power" stance before it is amazing to see so much respect for that stance now. Not once have I ever seen somebody write "Man do I hate Ted Cruz but I sure do respect his stance on shutting down the government because he passionately disagrees with Obamacare." The only reason anybody respects it now is that opposition to the Republican nominee of the moment always supersedes anything else.
    Perhaps because I don't respect that opinion...
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Exactly. You don't really respect his opinion to buck the system you just respect the times he agrees with you.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Exactly. You don't really respect his opinion to buck the system you just respect the times he agrees with you.
    Ahhhh, yeah...especially when it comes to Cruz considering he is a lunatic.
  • Options
    I don't respect anything about Ted Cruz, even his sticking to the script in the face of an angered mob ("ENDORSE TRUMP!")...if he was so principled (which he is not), he would have stayed home like John Kasich.

All Trump did was say his wife was ugly...