*** Toronto, ON Fanviews Here 5/10/16 ***

12345679»

Comments

• MayDay10 said:
    Read this yesterday was at both shows and also live in London, such a shitty disease was happy that the band gave them this moment much deserved.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I was in sec 110 and got to sit next to another 10 clubber :rock_on: and our section was awesome! The lady that "manned" our entrance was spectacular! We had A LOT OF LOITERING!!!!

My first time Mike's side! :rock_on: I have no idea how many times it looked like he was gonna fall right off the stage!

It's already been said how ON Jeff and Mike were!

GO opener - loved!

I don't get to see their gear - Jeff's bass on DTE was wicked and he whipped a pick out like a dart! :fearful:

I'm not going to go over the set because obviously you guys get that and I don't need to explain !!!!!!!! :rock_on::rock_on::rock_on: YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

RVM was the best I've heard! Loved Jeff's splits haha. Porch seemed like it got cut off short..booo. Alive seemed like it got cut short. ..booo.

MATT WAS ON FIRE! WOW! :rock_on: Also loved the mini solo!! :rock_on: LOVED!

Boom came out late. Don't even remember but very late.

I enjoyed the changes in lighting or strobing. Cool effects over the crowds!

There was a guy in the row in front of me that apparently fell on someone in front of him and security took him and he didn't come back. He was pissed! People were saying it was an accident.

Another dude across the isle was puffin on somethin.....A LOT and all nite long. And the lady he was with was definitely prego.

There was a blonde near by next to sec 110 and she was havin a blast just like I was!! And there was a young kid in front of her that looked bored. And a very very drunk man that had on 2 hats left from behind the blonde that thankfully just left quietly haha.

Yes the final set was super loud. Twice I covered my ears and then could not hear my neighbor I felt so bad I just had to tell him I can't hear you. So loud. I should've wore plugs. When we left my ears were jacked!

DONNA WAS BLAZING HOT!!!!! That video D posted the audio does ZERO justice! ZERO! She had me all amped up. I could've easily done another 3 hour show haha! Beautiful! Amazing! :rock_on:

My #1 show!

Can't say enough how much that crowd was on and loud and I think we shook that arena.

Loved hockey hall of fame!! We ate at Loaded Perogie YUM!!!!

When we got back to Novotel and reached the elevator 2 guys were already there and one looked over at me sweaty as hell "that show sucked" BAHAHAHAHHAH! We all laughed our faces off!

Beautiful city! Beautiful people! See you next time!

Oh! And during the closer Ed thru a tambo at some peeps in front of Mike. A dude and a dudette both caught it. They both stood there haha :open_mouth: holding it. Haha neither one would let go. They just stood there staring at Ed :tired_face: waiting for him to tell them who gets it. Well Ed must've moved on and that dude didn't let go :frowning: the dudette was so disappointed.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    This show was better than I gave credit earlier. After watching the videos, I do really like Sleight of Hand and Rival. Unfortunately, the first three songs on the album are skippers for me, and then there are a couple more later on (Grievance, Thin Air), so listening from start to finish didn't get me pumped like other shows have. But immediately after the show I said it was disappointing, and that was an overreaction. Looking back on it, I wish I were back there experiencing it all again. I don't know when the next time I'll see these guys will be, but most likely a couple of years before they come back to the Midwest. Each time is a blessing, whether you like every song they play that night or not
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    2nd encore was loud.. scratch that - the whole show was pretty loud! I was so glad to have the next day off work, not just because of the 5 hour drive home but my right ear was pretty fucked that whole next day. (It was better by Wednesday night.) Starting to think I'm about 12 years too late to the earplug party and ought to get smart about it right now.

Still on cloud 9 from this show... It's funny to think I had no intentions of going unless I got picked in the lottery. So glad it happened!
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • AMAZING!!!!!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Cheo RamirezCheo Ramirez Posts: 676

8 pages of comments and barely a mention of Parting Ways?
    c'monnnn

driftinnnn awaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy
    driftinnnn awaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    driftinnnn awaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    driftinnnn awaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Loved knowing it was coming once i clued in that this was another full album show.

this......expecting the song in every concert
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Cheo RamirezCheo Ramirez Posts: 676
    bootleg come to me
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • pearljamnewfpearljamnewf Posts: 204
    jordan k said:

Well this was my 19th show and I am so glad I went. Every year since 2000 I have worn my Binaural shirt to the first show I go to on any given season. And to not only experience my first full album at a show but for it to be Binaural was something I will never forget. My wife and I were in the pit (Mikes side) and around the second song in to album my Neighbours started wondering if this was going to be them playing Binaural, and by the 4th song we knew it was on.

Hey!! I was right next to you. I had the Mike black yellow pic shirt on and my friend was in the Cubs jersey, Great review. It was an awesome experience to share with great fans like you and your lovely wife! See you on the road...
  • pearljamnewfpearljamnewf Posts: 204
    20th show for me and this one will never leave the memory. This is why I travel and crave seeing this great band live. A full album was such a treat. A week later and I really appreciate Binaural more. The performance was just beautiful. Thin Air & Of the Girl were just gorgeous.

Once that mind screw of what I was experiencing ended. The end of first set was just a total energy release. Had a great view of Mike from GA pit. Was a row behind rail. Matt Fucking Cameron sign guy in front of me.

Imagine was a great sight, Let me sleep just amazing. Comfortably Numb was on the most wanted list for me. SOLAT I remember watching Mike the entire song. Even Flow solo... come on...how does he do it? Even Eddie bowed in appreciation of what happened. Real Me Jeff destroyed.

Thank you PJ, thank you 10club, thank you to all great fans in pit.

Wow.
  • jordan kjordan k Posts: 196

20th show for me and this one will never leave the memory. This is why I travel and crave seeing this great band live. A full album was such a treat. A week later and I really appreciate Binaural more. The performance was just beautiful. Thin Air & Of the Girl were just gorgeous.

Once that mind screw of what I was experiencing ended. The end of first set was just a total energy release. Had a great view of Mike from GA pit. Was a row behind rail. Matt Fucking Cameron sign guy in front of me.

Imagine was a great sight, Let me sleep just amazing. Comfortably Numb was on the most wanted list for me. SOLAT I remember watching Mike the entire song. Even Flow solo... come on...how does he do it? Even Eddie bowed in appreciation of what happened. Real Me Jeff destroyed.

Thank you PJ, thank you 10club, thank you to all great fans in pit.

Wow.

I bet my wife and I were right behind you then!
    Key Arena - Nov 05 2000, General Motors Place - May 30 2003, General Motors Place - Sep 02 2005, Canada Olympic Park - Aug 08 2009,Key Arena - Sep 22 2009, GM Place - Sep 25 2009, The O2 - Jun 22 2010, Odyssey Arena - Jun 23 2010, Hyde Park - Jun 25 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Scotiabank Saddledome - Sep 21, 2011, Rexall Place - Sep 23, 2011, Pacific Coliseum - Sep 25, 2011, Portland OR 11-29-2013, Spokane WA 11-30-2013, Vancouver BC 12-04-2013, Seattle WA 12-06-2013, Toronto ON 05-10-2016, Toronto ON 05-12-2016, Seattle WA 08-08-2018, Seattle 08-10-2018

EV Arlene Schnitzer Hall - July 14 2011, EV Benaroya Hall - July 16 2011

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    FoxyRedLa said:

I was in sec 110 and got to sit next to another 10 clubber :rock_on: and our section was awesome! The lady that "manned" our entrance was spectacular! We had A LOT OF LOITERING!!!!

My first time Mike's side! :rock_on: I have no idea how many times it looked like he was gonna fall right off the stage!

It's already been said how ON Jeff and Mike were!

GO opener - loved!

I don't get to see their gear - Jeff's bass on DTE was wicked and he whipped a pick out like a dart! :fearful:

I'm not going to go over the set because obviously you guys get that and I don't need to explain !!!!!!!! :rock_on::rock_on::rock_on: YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

RVM was the best I've heard! Loved Jeff's splits haha. Porch seemed like it got cut off short..booo. Alive seemed like it got cut short. ..booo.

MATT WAS ON FIRE! WOW! :rock_on: Also loved the mini solo!! :rock_on: LOVED!

Boom came out late. Don't even remember but very late.

I enjoyed the changes in lighting or strobing. Cool effects over the crowds!

There was a guy in the row in front of me that apparently fell on someone in front of him and security took him and he didn't come back. He was pissed! People were saying it was an accident.

Another dude across the isle was puffin on somethin.....A LOT and all nite long. And the lady he was with was definitely prego.

There was a blonde near by next to sec 110 and she was havin a blast just like I was!! And there was a young kid in front of her that looked bored. And a very very drunk man that had on 2 hats left from behind the blonde that thankfully just left quietly haha.

Yes the final set was super loud. Twice I covered my ears and then could not hear my neighbor I felt so bad I just had to tell him I can't hear you. So loud. I should've wore plugs. When we left my ears were jacked!

DONNA WAS BLAZING HOT!!!!! That video D posted the audio does ZERO justice! ZERO! She had me all amped up. I could've easily done another 3 hour show haha! Beautiful! Amazing! :rock_on:

My #1 show!

Can't say enough how much that crowd was on and loud and I think we shook that arena.

Loved hockey hall of fame!! We ate at Loaded Perogie YUM!!!!

When we got back to Novotel and reached the elevator 2 guys were already there and one looked over at me sweaty as hell "that show sucked" BAHAHAHAHHAH! We all laughed our faces off!

Beautiful city! Beautiful people! See you next time!

Oh! And during the closer Ed thru a tambo at some peeps in front of Mike. A dude and a dudette both caught it. They both stood there haha :open_mouth: holding it. Haha neither one would let go. They just stood there staring at Ed :tired_face: waiting for him to tell them who gets it. Well Ed must've moved on and that dude didn't let go :frowning: the dudette was so disappointed.

I love this review! We were at Novotel too! Too bad we didn't meet!
  • dospawndospawn Posts: 210
    My sister and I were in Sec 105 towards the back and the only other people that seemed to be enjoying themselves as much as we were was a girl and her dad beside us. you'll never see any hate come out from me. I enjoy every fucking show i get to take part in.
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    Ten days later, a little perspective has set in. I absolutely loved the show and that is all that matters. Not telling people what to do, but to me going to a show with no expectations on what will be played and just enjoying what is, is the way to go. Once I became a PJ die hard around 2005 I went to a show hoping and expecting one or two songs. Didn't get them and left annoyed and didn't enjoy the show as much. I changed my attitude then and there. Rock out to any and every song they play! I would still take Corduroy, Even Flow, Black, Jeremy, etc played live by PJ over any other band even if it is my 15th time hearing it live.

I predicted GO as the opener to the guy beside me in the pit.

Seeing Binaural live was one for the ages. I didn't clue in until Light Years as I always mix up God's Dice with Whipping. Even though people around me in the pit by Evacuation were saying Binaural, I thought they were wrong until Light Years. I will say Evacuation and Rival are two of my least favourite Pearl Jam songs and that's probably why I don't listen to Binaural so much.

What I loved about this show is Binaural isn't my most loved PJ album, so I didn't now the order off by heart. Even though I know the album songs, I didn't know the order. As each one started it was a surprise. My favourite and it didn't disappoint live, was Sleight of Hand.

Can't wait for the boot. Did it ever get loud in the encores!

• DUDE!!! Thanks for posting the videos!!
    I just joined this fantabulous fan club the other day(after being a fan for 20 years) I was supposed to be in the PIT for this one but couldn't make it.
    Got to see my first PJ show on 05/12...EPIC!!! Makes me so so sad that I haven't seen them in the past. guaranteed will be at EVERY show here on in!!! :peace:
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    just watched the RITFW vid.. hilarious seeing rdnm mask guy in the vids..
    go donna!
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    Listening to the boot, reliving this in some way.

Convinced it wasnt just 'after-show hype'... this was definitely top 2 or 3 of my 25 shows.
  • JP-DiddyJP-Diddy Posts: 34
    ceska said:

http://imgur.com/cGIcyDM

Security guard wasn't impressed either last night.

I was waiting for that to be memed.
    Bahahaha, that's awesome. And that's me singing!!!!!
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,412
    3 months ago, I ended my live PJ drought with a very special night, reliving it now via the bootleg.

Looking back on the 2 Toronto shows, Binonto (not sure what the consensus is on the name, lol) felt like a laid-back, family affair (which included some kick-ass performances, obviously, lol), while night 2 felt like the band wanted to knock out socks off (which they did to me, lol).

Big shoutouts to JP and RNDM guy!
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Just watching/listening to this show. What's up with the led legs in the front rows!?!  Everyone mesmerized or what?

binural I suppose 
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054