Options

Pearl Jam Mailed It In On Monday Night

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    NWOntario said:

I won't let this thread die till I remind people that there were complaints following PJ20 about Chris Cornell having too much of a presence and two of the Temple of the Dog songs being repeated at the second show.

That actually was very annoying.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    mcgruff10 said:

NWOntario said:

I won't let this thread die till I remind people that there were complaints following PJ20 about Chris Cornell having too much of a presence and two of the Temple of the Dog songs being repeated at the second show.

no Cornell and TOTD.... NO PJ.. i don't understand why people got so annoyed.
    it was a celebration of their history. i count myself lucky to see TOTD play "Call Me A Dog"

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

NWOntario said:

it was a celebration of their history. i count myself lucky to see TOTD play "Call Me A Dog"
    And it was fucking awesome. Both nights.
  • Options

lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

NWOntario said:

And it was fucking awesome. Both nights.
    YES IT WAS!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

NWOntario said:

One night was plenty. And totd was created after pj was formed, correct?
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    mcgruff10 said:

lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

NWOntario said:

TOTD came out four months before Ten.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    PHUCKIN PHISH!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    NWOntario said:

mcgruff10 said:

lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

NWOntario said:

so mookie blaylock was formed before totd. got ya.
  • Options
    don't think so. Cornell had recruited the former members of MLB to play on this record before or at the same time they were looking for a singer. I mean Ed was in Seattle rehearsing when he sang on the TOTD album. the timeline is a little hazy but TOTD was the catalyst for PJ. getting Mike in the band and def Matt Cameron playing on the demos.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

don't think so. Cornell had recruited the former members of MLB to play on this record before or at the same time they were looking for a singer. I mean Ed was in Seattle rehearsing when he sang on the TOTD album. the timeline is a little hazy but TOTD was the catalyst for PJ. getting Mike in the band and def Matt Cameron playing on the demos.

I get it. But i still don't like that they played 2 days in a row at pj 20. lol
    I never liked totd and I am not a fan of Cornell's voice. To each their own bud.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

lolobugg said:

I never liked totd and I am not a fan of Cornell's voice. To each their own bud.
    you were in the majority surprisingly.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    edited May 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

NWOntario said:

Yes and no. Check this out:

http://www.fivehorizons.com/archive/articles/radio041491.shtml

There used to be a great TOTD fan page that delineated the band's history a lot better...but it's gone AWOL (the URL, www.reachdown.com, seems to be available for purchase...). Ultimately, as with almost anything related to the Seattle sound, it's all a bit murky :p
    Post edited by NWOntario on
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

mcgruff10 said:

lolobugg said:

you were in the majority surprisingly.
    yeah a lot of people were pissed!
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    NWOntario said:

mcgruff10 said:

NWOntario said:

Yes and no. Check this out:

http://www.fivehorizons.com/archive/articles/radio041491.shtml

There used to be a great TOTD fan page that delineated the band's history a lot better...but it's gone AWOL (the URL, www.reachdown.com, seems to be available for purchase...). Ultimately, as with almost anything related to the Seattle sound, it's all a bit murky :p
    That was a great read, thanks for posting
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited May 2016

It was my fifth show of this tour and I had an excellent time. Footsteps, Breath, special guests, the Man trilogy, and some great sing a longs. I think you were expecting too much.

it seems like everyone is expecting too much lately, i don't get it
    How was I expecting too much? They mailed this show in and played the greatest hits. What sets this group apart is that they, normally, do not do that.
    Let me guess, you send back food at restaurants.

As to letting life get in the way, your choices.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    RE4790 said:

This isn't some Oberlin safe space, people are allowed to post opinions and feelings about the shows that maybe different from yours and it's on you if it bothers you or you let it diminish your experience in any way. I really enjoyed night 2, even more than night 1, but that is my unique lived experience. Everyone is entitled to their own.

Sure but if your able to see PJ at MSG and whine about the set list and claim band is mailing it in it's should be expected to be called a whiner.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    word
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Bdog10 said:

dkast85 said:

@Bdog10 i agree with you that it's laughable when PJ fans say no other bands mix up their sets like PJ. That is so false it's insane. Even DMB, a band that is made fun of like mad around these parts, would not repeat a song on a two night run. And obviously PJ repeats more songs than Phish but that's not really fair. Phish's catalogue is literally endless and they have been around a lot longer. So it's very different. PJ is a rock band. Phish is forced to craft a different show each night. The thing PJ fans don't get about that is that means a lot more than "THEY PLAYED______." You can look at PJ setlist and tell how good a show it was/wasn't. Looking at phish setlist tells you very little. What phish did on 10/31/14 is something so original i literally don't think any band could come close to that.

I agree man. Somehow I'm secretary wishing that I could go on a 3 day PJ run with no repeats, but unfortunately I don't think that will ever happen.

secretary wishing.....is this a new thing?