'00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Fenway and Wrigley were among some of the best show's this band has ever been apart of. I get the love for arena show's but I love the fact that we have the opportunity for both. 
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,487
    They havent played London, UK since 2010! coming up to 8 years! what gives???
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    I love the atmosphere at stadium shows...they feel more special than a run of the mill arena show. I'd be all-in for Fenway. I've never been there.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    ComeToTX said:
    I've been lucky enough to see them at Wrigley and Fenway but I won't  be traveling for anymore stadium shows. 
    I hope they play Texas!!  I want to go there really bad. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited August 2017
    people are "funny" when they say they don't want the band to play for 3 hours...tired old people suck !!
    so let the new young fans have a 3 hour show because they can handle it and deserve it more ! tired old people stay at home. please. and we really don't care if you've seen the band a lot....
    i'm old and cranky but not super crazy...i wish the band would play 2 full sets, 3.5 hour show minimum. no opener. they can play all the hits and i won't leave early.  bruce does it right.
    Post edited by helplessdancer on
  • eloviateeloviate Posts: 58
    Except in 2012 and 2014, and then hopefully next year
  • eloviateeloviate Posts: 58
    eloviate said:
    Except in 2012 and 2014, and then hopefully next year
    D'oh. Yeah, London 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    nalyd61 said:
    Heard twice this week they will be at Fenway next August. 2 maybe 3 nights.  
    Def a rumor but based on info I'd say cautiously optimistic 
    I have zero information but I have a hunch they might play Citizens Bank Park in Philly next year. Citizens Bank has a few shows each year and I think PJ would be a big draw for them.  I can definitely see it happening. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    people are "funny" when they say they don't want the band to play for 3 hours...tired old people suck !!
    so let the new young fans have a 3 hour show because they can handle it and deserve it more ! tired old people stay at home. please. and we really don't care if you've seen the band a lot....
    i'm old and cranky but not super crazy...i wish the band would play 2 full sets, 3.5 hour show minimum. no opener. they can play all the hits and i won't leave early.  bruce does it right.
    I can handle a 3 hour show just fine.  Im young and energized LOL. My issue is pacing/flow/ whatever you want to call it. That and the songs are sped up these days.  The songs still sound great, just a bit more rushed than the studio versions or the 96/98/00/etc bootlegs. im partial to those older sets and how they flowed. Just my preference 

People absolutely get their money's worth either way.  A three hour show from a group of legends is awesome in its own right so my comments shouldnt come across as complaining.  

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    pjhawks said:
    nalyd61 said:
    Heard twice this week they will be at Fenway next August. 2 maybe 3 nights.  
    Def a rumor but based on info I'd say cautiously optimistic 
    I have zero information but I have a hunch they might play Citizens Bank Park in Philly next year. Citizens Bank has a few shows each year and I think PJ would be a big draw for them.  I can definitely see it happening. 
    I like the way you think and hope you're right. A road trip to Philly would be a blast :sunglasses:
  • pacing/flow lol ya ok...they just don't know how to make a setlist after 25 years !!  he he
    as far as the speed of the songs sounding rushed well if the trade off is getting 30 songs then i choose 30 songs  lol
    if they went back to 18.5 songs per show with crazee eddie screaming and/or climbing the rafters cause he doesn't know what to do with his hands while mike is wailing on and on...then when/if those days hit i'm outta here!!
    until then...no opener and 30songs per show PLEASE&THANKS  :)
    play anywhere in colorado. please
  • pacing/flow lol ya ok...they just don't know how to make a setlist after 25 years !!  he he
    as far as the speed of the songs sounding rushed well if the trade off is getting 30 songs then i choose 30 songs  lol
    if they went back to 18.5 songs per show with crazee eddie screaming and/or climbing the rafters cause he doesn't know what to do with his hands while mike is wailing on and on...then when/if those days hit i'm outta here!!
    Hold on a darn second.....I am not going to walk away from a rafter swinging, political ranting, McCreedy jamming show...those were some of my favorites.....The chance that a show could go off script like that is part of the intrigue....
    edited August 2017
    pacing/flow lol ya ok...they just don't know how to make a setlist after 25 years !!  he he
    Didn't i say 98/00??  That was like 25-29 songs per night.  That's a long show.  Nothing rushed.  I just like a straight up show like those tours.  Forgive me for not being a huge fan of an 8 song ballad beginning to a show or an encore.   The energy never waned.  They still put on amazing shows today.  I just prefer the older style.  I'll take any PJ shows over them not touring at all.  Yield and Binaural tours are their peak tho. 

And i'll take opening bands too.  Makes the night even more fun seeing legends or good young bands before PJ.  
    We're far apart on this one :lol:
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    I think a cross Canada tour is due. Last time that happened was when Bush was president (if I am not mistaken).
    Wishful thinking.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • tgoldentgolden Posts: 14
    my2hands said:
    Can a brother get some Red Rocks in his life?

Other than that, just hit the easy coast so we can cherry pick a few instant classics :)
    No shit man,  I'm dying for a RR show 
  • weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    I think a cross Canada tour is due. Last time that happened was when Bush was president (if I am not mistaken).
    Wishful thinking.
  • the problem i have with pj's opening bands is most of the time they don't pick bands i would pick. other than mmj and band of horses they are mostly off with their choices. imo
    i wont say what opening bands i didn't like but i can think of at least 3-4 that i couldn't stand. i'm old. so maybe it's cause i'm not that flexible and usually i don't say "couldn't stand"...but...
    having said that im very happy they have not made me stand at the rail for 2+ hours only to see a band i don't like for the past few tours. no opening band is the way. springsteen has everything right. even down to how he handles GA
    all imo. i could be wrong...
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Wishful thinking.
    Canada got the pj20 tour in 2011 :)

We did ok in 2016 with shows in Ontario, Quebec, and BC.    I won't complain if they do a more extensive Canadian tour though.  It usually means a Vancouver stop :)
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Really? ^^^
    Really? ^^^
    Nothing 100% official yet but looks like a legit leak
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Really? ^^^
    Makes sense.  I think they were already rumoured for Lollapalooza Brazil, usually the same bands try to play the couple of Lolla festivals they have in south america?
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    I'm not buying . . .  Awfully early for Performer list drop.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    wbutler29 said:
    I'm not buying . . .  Awfully early for Performer list drop.
    Not really.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
    AND there was an earlier post with a pic of a different Lollapalooza Brasil poster with Pearl Jam headlining, so I'm buying it.

Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:

• And i'll take opening bands too.  Makes the night even more fun seeing legends or good young bands before PJ.  
    My first PJ experience was at the Salem (OR) Armory...the headliner was RHCP with two openers: Nirvana and PJ....

I came in from the parking lot about halfway through PJ's set and thought to myself..."hmmmm----these guys might just make it...."
  • PJNB said:
    Really? ^^^
    Nothing 100% official yet but looks like a legit leak
    That´s been the rumour down here for the past month, so maybe....
  • CountingStepsCountingSteps Posts: 373
    edited August 2017
    PJNB said:
    I find it odd that the only sponsor mentioned is Itaú. Also, the bird and the "Estamos todos" slogan (which one can barely see below) are from this year's edition.
    Fake or not, I do think they will be coming next year, for rumors in both 2013 and 2015 proved to be true :D

And i'll take opening bands too.  Makes the night even more fun seeing legends or good young bands before PJ.  
    My first PJ experience was at the Salem (OR) Armory...the headliner was RHCP with two openers: Nirvana and PJ....

I came in from the parking lot about halfway through PJ's set and thought to myself..."hmmmm----these guys might just make it...."
    I rest my case!