Options

We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• Options
    rocardosoreisrocardosoreis Brazil Posts: 29

there is an Italy date (Piazza del Duomo a Pistoia) Wednesday, July 19, 2017 floating in FB
    for the pic looks more as an Eddie solo thing... but I guess we will find out on the 10th...

If it's for real I'm going to prepare to sell a kidney.
    That old blue car
    We used to race.
    MSG 11/07/2016 (TOTD)
    Rio 11/22/2015
    Rio 11/06/2011

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2016
    mfc2006 said:

if they head to NZ/Aus/Asia, I would imagine there would be some West Coast dates either before or after that tour

I like where you are going...

Didn't The Greek mention Australia in 2017 earlier in this thread?

Here is my prediction...

September - Western USA
    November/December - Asian Pacific Rim

I think they would announce any pacific rim tour dates far in advance to maximize sales and could announce the USA dates at a later date

That leaves tons of time for writing, recording, and side projects as previously mentioned

It will be interesting to watch those 9/1 & 9/2 dates at the Gorge

Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    buck502000 said:

James Taylor announced a Wrigley show for July today.....,

Dead & Company just announced 2 shows each at Fenway & Wrigley...

I have zero interest in seeing PJ anytime soon in a baseball stadium so I hope the inevitable USA stadium tour is a few years away
    The James Taylor show at Wrigley was announced on November 28. The Dead and Company shows at Wrigley were announced on December 1. I'm sure it's only a matter of time until Billy Joel announces another Wrigley show. The PJ shows at Wrigley in 2016 weren't announced until January 19, 2016, but I doubt that PJ would play Wrigley again so soon. Would love to see a repeat of 2007 with PJ headlining Lolla and also doing one or two 10C member shows. Unfortunately, most likely scenario is PJ skipping Chicago altogether this year.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I thought PJ at Wrigley in 2013 was a one-time deal......
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    ill travel anywhere on the planet..hope is europe for do alot of shows cos traveling is easier and cheaper..if not..i want asia or australia or south africa cos never saw the band there before
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    let's make a weekend festival happen again soon
  • Options
    But somewhere never toured before would also be cool
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I'll confirm it's not Ed solo tour, but full band Europe tour. Now maybe Ed also does solo stuff later, but I do know Europe tour is a go. Summer is when I was led to believe. If I can get specifics like dates and countries, I'll let u know. I'm hoping to hear news about US tour as well.
  • Options
    jmug23 said:

I'll confirm it's not Ed solo tour, but full band Europe tour. Now maybe Ed also does solo stuff later, but I do know Europe tour is a go. Summer is when I was led to believe. If I can get specifics like dates and countries, I'll let u know. I'm hoping to hear news about US tour as well.

If you are wrong, I hope people dont call you out too bad.

If you are right, then woohoo for those in Europe.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544

But somewhere never toured before would also be cool

For us traveling fans that would be awesome. An excuse to go somewhere new.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    jmug23 said:

Awesome! Thanks for the info.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

jmug23 said:

If you are wrong, I hope people dont call you out too bad.

If you are right, then woohoo for those in Europe.
    I don't mind, I'm a big boy:) like i said before, I'm not trying to be that guy who pretends to know more than I do. I just happen to know someone in the very inner circle of our favorite band and this person relays a lot to me because he knows I'm obsessed :) he told me about Europe and said it was a go. I didn't ask dates or countries because I don't want to over step my boundaries.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

jmug23 said:

mcgruff10 said:

jmug23 said:

You are welcome. I'm hoping to hear something about potential US tour. If I hear, I'll pass it along:)
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    demetrios said:

They posted this last night over on their Flickr page too. Yeah thinking what I'm thinking?

A Flickr page?! Link please?

2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    jmug23 said:

mcgruff10 said:

jmug23 said:

mcgruff10 said:

jmug23 said:

You are welcome. I'm hoping to hear something about potential US tour. If I hear, I'll pass it along:)
    Yeah I can't swing Europe but I can definitely fly somewhere in the us to keep the streak alive.
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Wow I'm just excited there was a "clue" tweet. I was really thinking we would be dry for the next year with no tours planned.

"If you book them, they will come."
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,948
    If Europe is on the cards it will be interesting to see which parts....Portugal, Spain and other more Southern European countries haven't had as many shows as central and Northern Europe of late.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    siljosiljo Posts: 2,201
    edited December 2016

If Europe is on the cards it will be interesting to see which parts....Portugal, Spain and other more Southern European countries haven't had as many shows as central and Northern Europe of late.

Croatia is a sure thing... at the end of Zagreb show in 2006, Ed said "see you next year"... 2017 is "next year" :blush:
    Post edited by siljo on
    Standing on a hill, staring at a mountain...
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    jmug23 said:

Thats interesting, and maybe the plan changed, but are you sure this isnt old information? I heard a euro tour was likely and then was put on the side, and its unlikely there will be any dates until the very back end of next year. I sincerely hope you got updated info though and they went full circle
  • Options
    dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    If true then Prague should be there. Poland also deserve something more than a festival show.
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,697
    Ireland too. Would be 7 years if they come back next year
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Little birdie is chirping a possible July 8 show in Istanbul.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Finland has been waiting since 1993. Although it has been fun travelling around Europe, it would be a nice surprise
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,963
    i really hope they come to Portugal but not on a festival (Super Bock Super Rock or Nos Alive) its been 11 years next year that they have come play here without being on a festival
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    siljo said:

Croatia is a sure thing... at the end of Zagreb show in 2006, Ed said "see you next year"... 2017 is "next year" :blush:
    At the end of Fenway 2 Ed said see you next year as well. Book it!
  • Options

siljo said:

At the end of Fenway 2 Ed said see you next year as well. Book it!
    "We ll never not play Boise again." Ed vedder 2000
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    edited December 2016
    TommyT83 said:

Ill be amazed if that happens. A european tour is one thing but taking in a city where US employees and relatives were advised to leave recently makes me think its a non starter.
    Post edited by VillagePJ on
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Zero chance they play Turkey
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    people providing misinformation?
  • Options
    seykooooahseykooooah Istanbul Posts: 32
    TommyT83 said:

There are some events on Facebook (also for AC DC, Depeche Mode, Coldplay) but they are fake.

Fingers crossed even for an Europe Tour.
    God Pearl Jam on you!

July 2, 2012 Prague.