Options

Toronto 5/11 show OFFICIALLY moved to 5/12

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    I decided....not gonna reschedule flights if its moved...I saw 2 Philly shows, going to QC< OTT<TOR and if I miss one TOR show it won't kill me, I still have Wrigley. They aren't gonna go so far off book at last show that I"m gonna cry. I got so many great songs at 2 Philly shows I'm not even looking at MSG list. If I miss it oh well, what I'll be sad about is not sharing last show iwth my friends in Toronto...but oh well.
  • Options
    jessebasijessebasi Toronto Posts: 149

I decided....not gonna reschedule flights if its moved...I saw 2 Philly shows, going to QC< OTT

Rumours of Vitalogy for nite 2...stick around...
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
  • Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    No way a second round sweep happens but I will hope for it. If not then I'll have to miss softball two weeks in a row!
  • Options
    man_uv_the_hourman_uv_the_hour Toronto Posts: 107
    edited May 2016
    I wonder what all you people hating on the raptors would be saying if it was your philly team or your New York team that bumped one of your pj shows in the last week.. And even if it does happen to be a sweep (which it probably won't), why is it everyone's hope that it's the raptors that get swept? Lotta hate for the raptors here.. As if they've done something wrong.. Pretty weird..

Raptors dominated Miami all year, by the way..
    Post edited by man_uv_the_hour on
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Basketball blows normally, it blows even more when it fucks with a scheduled event that is worth seeing. Fuck basketball and fuck the raptors.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    jessebasi said:

I decided....not gonna reschedule flights if its moved...I saw 2 Philly shows, going to QC< OTT

lol. A rumour that you just created???
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Damn! This wasn't a dream?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,413
    edited May 2016
    Kind of interesting that it was Dwayne Wade who challenged the band to a pick up game back in early April and the band can now (potentially) watch the Heat play game 5 against the Raps.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,669
    rummy said:

Kind of interesting that it was Dwayne Wade who challenged the band to a pick up game back in early April and the band can now (potentially) watch the Heat play game 5 against the Raps.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jeff courtside for the game.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    jessebasijessebasi Toronto Posts: 149
    BeerBaron said:

jessebasi said:

Talking to some people who said bc it was the final night of the first leg that they're saving it. However, the same people told me Avocado for MSG 2, so not sure if their source is bs or not.
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    They decided to play Ten in Philly the day of the show. I am guessing they have a baseline of the sets they are playing in Canada but I highly doubt anyone else knows what the plan is beyond pure speculation. Who knows though.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,563

I wonder what all you people hating on the raptors would be saying if it was your philly team or your New York team that bumped one of your pj shows in the last week.. And even if it does happen to be a sweep (which it probably won't), why is it everyone's hope that it's the raptors that get swept? Lotta hate for the raptors here.. As if they've done something wrong.. Pretty weird..

I think non-basketball fans who have tickets to the PJ show dont care who sweeps. Just as long as SOMEONE sweeps.

And the Raptors are probably getting hate right now because...well...this show isnt in atlanta or cleveland....if the raptors were out of it, there woulndt even be a problem.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    jessebasi said:

BeerBaron said:

jessebasi said:

Talking to some people who said bc it was the final night of the first leg that they're saving it. However, the same people told me Avocado for MSG 2, so not sure if their source is bs or not.
    Please, no full-Avocado...or anything post 2000. It's not that they aren't good albums - I really do like most songs on them - but it'll absolutely kill the somewhat-fickle Toronto crowd.

Full Binaural, Riot Act, and Avocado should be saved for smaller (10c-only?) venues - assuming they'll actually do this again.

With everything above said, I'd love to hear Of the Girl, Rival, NAIS, or Parting Ways on May 10 or 11/12,
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752

Does anyone really give a shit? I thought everyone was just kind of joking because they don't care one way or the other..... But maybe that is my west coast Canadian side talking. Basketball seems to basically be a total non-factor out here. We couldn't even carry an NBA team when we tried. But you do have a point... it does seem like everyone assumes the Raptors will lose. Perhaps they actually follow the sport and have a reason to think that? Perhaps they are the obvious underdog, and it's not about "hating" them for the PJ schedule being changed. Also, I don't think anyone actually expects them to be swept.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i am a raptors fan ... and I think there is a real good chance this team will get swept ... i'd put it at 40% rising to 60% if they lose tonight and then to 80% if they lose game 2 ...

this team is not very good ...
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I'm surprised that a team could have such huge odds of being swept could have even made it into the playoffs... a 4-0 sweep isn't all THAT common in professional sports....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Does anyone really give a shit? I thought everyone was just kind of joking because they don't care one way or the other..... But maybe that is my west coast Canadian side talking. Basketball seems to basically be a total non-factor out here. We couldn't even carry an NBA team when we tried. But you do have a point... it does seem like everyone assumes the Raptors will lose. Perhaps they actually follow the sport and have a reason to think that? Perhaps they are the obvious underdog, and it's not about "hating" them for the PJ schedule being changed. Also, I don't think anyone actually expects them to be swept.
    Just curious (no other intent - and yes, I'm very off topic):
    Do the people out west care about the Blue Jays? Last October, "everyone" was going on about how Donaldson, Bautista, and Co. were "Canada's Team." I kind of wondered if this was really the feeling outside of (Southern) Ontario. Unlike the NHL, the Jays and Raptors are the only Canadian teams their respective leagues and are said by the media to represent the country. Is that true in your experience?
  • Options
    Glorified_NGlorified_N Posts: 57

Basketball blows normally, it blows even more when it fucks with a scheduled event that is worth seeing. Fuck basketball and fuck the raptors.

^^^^^yes!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    edited May 2016
    Maybe we'll see Jeff Ament court side with Drake ...

I hope everyone is doing ok booking an extra night in Toronto & changing their flights if a Game 5 does happen.
  • Options
    rummy said:

PJ_Soul said:

Do the people out west care about the Blue Jays? Last October, "everyone" was going on about how Donaldson, Bautista, and Co. were "Canada's Team." I kind of wondered if this was really the feeling outside of (Southern) Ontario. Unlike the NHL, the Jays and Raptors are the only Canadian teams their respective leagues and are said by the media to represent the country. Is that true in your experience?
    No, no one really cared about the Blue Jays out here. I mean, of course there must be some people - those who moved here from Toronto. ;) What we do tend to care about a bit more is the Seattle Seahawks, our default NFL "home team".

I absolutely hear people say that they want a Canadian NHL team to win the Stanley Cup though, even if it's not "their" team. Even if it's the Leafs, if you can believe that! =) I personally think this is really stupid, since I feel that it's all about the players and the coaches (the majority of whom are Canadian anyhow, no matter what team you're talking about), but I think I am in the minority on that one. My teams, after the Canucks, are the Rangers, followed by Chicago. But most people just blindly follow any team that happens to be Canadian once their #1 team is out of the running. Not sure wtf they do once all of the Canadian teams are out... I think most of them actually stop paying attention altogether.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

rummy said:

PJ_Soul said:

No, no one really cared about the Blue Jays out here. I mean, of course there must be some people - those who moved here from Toronto. ;) What we do tend to care about a bit more is the Seattle Seahawks, our default NFL "home team".

I absolutely hear people say that they want a Canadian NHL team to win the Stanley Cup though, even if it's not "their" team. Even if it's the Leafs, if you can believe that! =) I personally think this is really stupid, since I feel that it's all about the players and the coaches (the majority of whom are Canadian anyhow, no matter what team you're talking about), but I think I am in the minority on that one. My teams, after the Canucks, are the Rangers, followed by Chicago. But most people just blindly follow any team that happens to be Canadian once their #1 team is out of the running. Not sure wtf they do once all of the Canadian teams are out... I think most of them actually stop paying attention altogether.
    With no Canadian-based teams even making the playoffs, they do say NHL ratings are way down around here (GTA) which probably helps the Raptors a bit. Heck, big-market teams like Chicago and NYR are now gone so that hurts some more. No Stamkos for TB playing. Like him or not, if Crosby's Penguins get knocked out, they'll drop to a new low.

Oh, Pearl Jam. I have nothing to add about them at this point in time. Sorry.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm surprised that a team could have such huge odds of being swept could have even made it into the playoffs... a 4-0 sweep isn't all THAT common in professional sports....

the nba has a lot of bad teams ... the raptors lost in the first round last year in 4 and they were the favoured team ...

and i would say there are more blue jays fans in the YVR region than people think ... the seattle mariners games are almost a home game for the jays with the amount of canadians at mariners games ...

• Options
    edited May 2016
    polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

the nba has a lot of bad teams ... the raptors lost in the first round last year in 4 and they were the favoured team ...

and i would say there are more blue jays fans in the YVR region than people think ... the seattle mariners games are almost a home game for the jays with the amount of canadians at mariners games ...

I guess, but I've been to plenty of non-Blue Jay Mariners games and there are plenty of Canadian fans at those as well. But yeah, there are quite a few Toronto natives in Vancouver. They are the exceptions. No Vancouver natives are really going to give much of a shit about the Blue Jays just because they are the Canadian MLB team. I think more are interested in the Mariners actually. But sure, of course a Mariners/Jays game is going to draw those Toronto natives.
    I guess there could be a minor bandwagon streak on the West Coast if the Jays actually made it to the World Series. I think I have a vague memory of that happening (and then everyone immediately forgot about them again) ... they made it to the World Series once or twice, right?? :tongue: Must have been a looooooong time ago.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    realbarabbarealbarabba Posts: 65
    edited May 2016

sorry.... but I did not hate toronto, until Saturday.... I never saw the raptors in my life and even know they were in the playoffs...
    but their game costs me a lot of money and the chance to see pj for a lot of people... so yes, now i hate them, and i could be happy if they win only in game 4 if they are 3-0....
    Post edited by realbarabba on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

I guess, but I've been to plenty of non-Blue Jay Mariners games and there are plenty of Canadian fans at those as well. But yeah, there are quite a few Toronto natives in Vancouver. They are the exceptions. No Vancouver natives are really going to give much of a shit about the Blue Jays just because they are the Canadian MLB team. I think more are interested in the Mariners actually. But sure, of course a Mariners/Jays game is going to draw those Toronto natives.
    I guess there could be a minor bandwagon streak on the West Coast if the Jays actually made it to the World Series. I think I have a vague memory of that happening (and then everyone immediately forgot about them again) ... they made it to the World Series once or twice, right?? :tongue: Must have been a looooooong time ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F5HwiGm7lg
  • Options
    Oh wow, they even won, lol.