Options

Toronto 5/11 show OFFICIALLY moved to 5/12

Comments

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    I've said it a bunch of times here already but I'm going to say it one more time: the NBA scheduling committee is in the wrong here for multiple reasons (not just our own interests).
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    rummy said:

I've said it a bunch of times here already but I'm going to say it one more time: the NBA scheduling committee is in the wrong here for multiple reasons (not just our own interests).

Why?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    jessebasi said:

There won't be a venue change. They're just gonna switch the date.

Exactly. They would have to cancel the show and sell tickets to a completely new show if they changed the venue. There's not enough time for that. And if they somehow pulled that off, there is no way they play the Rogers Centre.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    RP112579 said:

rummy said:

Why?
    There is no need for them to schedule this series they way they have when they have already given multiple days off to some of the teams who are already playing in the second round. In fact, game 7 of the Raptors/Heat series will be a day before that of the Warriors/Blazers series - and they're playing their game 2 tomorrow night!
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    jessebasijessebasi Toronto Posts: 149
    rummy said:

RP112579 said:

rummy said:

Why?
    There is no need for them to schedule this series they way they have when they have already given multiple days off to some of the teams who are already playing in the second round. In fact, game 7 of the Raptors/Heat series will be a day before the Warriors/Blazers series - and they're playing their game 2 tomorrow night!
    They don't give a flying f...
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    rummy said:

RP112579 said:

rummy said:

Why?
    There is no need for them to schedule this series they way they have when they have already given multiple days off to some of the teams who are already playing in the second round. In fact, game 7 of the Raptors/Heat series will be a day before the Warriors/Blazers series - and they're playing their game 2 tomorrow night!
    Right, which is exactly why they have to schedule this series that way. They are already behind all of the other series that did not go seven games in the first round. So, no extra days off in between games for Raps/Heat.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,545
    I vote for a show at Massey Hall on May 11 in the meantime.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    jessebasi said:

rummy said:

RP112579 said:

rummy said:

Why?
    They don't give a flying f...
    You may be right but they are going to burn the f**k out of their own players. Give them an extra day of rest once or twice during the series to help maintain the quality of play.
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

That would be a beautiful show, but a ticketing nightmare.
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

rummy said:

RP112579 said:

rummy said:

Why?
    Right, which is exactly why they have to schedule this series that way. They are already behind all of the other series that did not go seven games in the first round. So, no extra days off in between games for Raps/Heat.
    I see your point but ... the Warriors/Blazers series is scheduled to end AFTER the Raptors/Heat series is scheduled to end....and Steph Curry is still hurt...
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,408
    If you don't know shit then don't post rumors....everyone is an "expert" and has a guess....
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,545
    jessebasi said:

100 Pacer said:

Run a 10C lottery with no physical tickets - just the 10C member's name on a list at the door like the '07 Vic Theatre show.

Done and done.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    rummy said:

RP112579 said:

rummy said:

RP112579 said:

rummy said:

Why?
    I see your point but ... the Warriors/Blazers series is scheduled to end AFTER the Raptors/Heat series is scheduled to end....and Steph Curry is still hurt...
    Yeah, there are 3 days off between games 2 and 3. Very unusual. But I'm sure the NBA wanting their best player back on the court ASAP, has something to do with that.
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

jessebasi said:

100 Pacer said:

Run a 10C lottery with no physical tickets - just the 10C member's name on a list at the door like the '07 Vic Theatre show.

Done and done.
    That would work...

In addition to the rescheduled ACC show.

Massey is my fav venue so PJ MAKE IT HAPPEN
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    Saw on Canadian PJ page on FB for what it is worth that someone talked to someone in PJ org and the 11th is being bumped to the 12th announcement to come soon.

• Options
    TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 535
    I am going to put my bet down on the May 11th show going to be moved to May 12th. That seems the most logical. I highly doubt the band will play 3 nights in a row. The bad part for those living outside of Toronto is the flights/hotels etc. The good part for people like me that are going to Ottawa and then the 2 Toronto shows is that we get a breather day on May 11th to recoup a bit! I do feel for those from out of town but I really can't see them moving it to May 9th.
  • Options

I am going to put my bet down on the May 11th show going to be moved to May 12th. That seems the most logical. I highly doubt the band will play 3 nights in a row. The bad part for those living outside of Toronto is the flights/hotels etc. The good part for people like me that are going to Ottawa and then the 2 Toronto shows is that we get a breather day on May 11th to recoup a bit! I do feel for those from out of town but I really can't see them moving it to May 9th.

Exactly.
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 582
    ugggghhh. Now I'll miss Brian Jonestown Massacre on the 12th and have to reschedule my air bnb. Ah well, things you do for the band you love. Hope the show on the 12th is now of epic porportions!!
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Yes Massey Hall and those who got shut out for tix on May 11th get first dibs..
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

rummy said:

RP112579 said:

rummy said:

RP112579 said:

rummy said:

Why?
    Yeah, there are 3 days off between games 2 and 3. Very unusual. But I'm sure the NBA wanting their best player back on the court ASAP, has something to do with that.
    Lebron is fine. ;-)
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691
    I hope the raptors lose in 4 anyway..
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    realbarabbarealbarabba Posts: 65

BeerBaron said:

The last time they played 3 shows on consecutive nights was 2005 (IIRC). I doubt the 9th will happen. The 12th is a better bet

which almost all travelers has booked fklights back and dont have hotel reservation
    gonna suck for alot of people the change
    Amen Dimi, Amen.....
    you know exactly how i feel (i have a flight for Milan the 12th)... but ok i love this guys more than other thing so probably I would change it, maybe i will loose 3/400 euros? ok, fine...
    but the worst thing is that maybe they will tell us the 9th!
    At least tell us, today, "what if....."
  • Options
    tinz. said:

I hope the raptors lose in 4 anyway..

But then we might not know until monday... ack.
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    most likely bumping a day... if the do change the venue... Ricoh Coliseum would be nice... but it's considerably smaller compared to the ACC
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    pepsigatorspepsigators St. John's, NL Posts: 182
    I called Air Canada Centre and the person i spoke with said that the show would only be moved if game 5 was necessary and would be announced at that time. I asked if the PJ show would be moved to the 12th if game 5 was necessary and they said yes. I've taken the gamble and changed my flight. Take it for what its worth.
  • Options

I called Air Canada Centre and the person i spoke with said that the show would only be moved if game 5 was necessary and would be announced at that time. I asked if the PJ show would be moved to the 12th if game 5 was necessary and they said yes. I've taken the gamble and changed my flight. Take it for what its worth.

Aaaaarrrrrggghhhhhh. No notice!!!

Pls go 1-1 to start the series just to end our waiting game!!!
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,408
    then please make that public PJ!!
  • Options
    pepsigatorspepsigators St. John's, NL Posts: 182
    jessebasi said:

I'm still hoping we'll hear something official today. But i'm sure from the venue perspective they are unable to announce anything until its for sure.
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    jessebasi said:

Hopefully they are waiting on the 1-1 and that's when an announcement will be made.
  • Options
    The ACC just tweeted:

"If needed, May 11 will be Raptors playoff Game 5. The Pearl Jam show scheduled for May 11 would then move to Thurs May 12. Updates to follow"

Everyone reschedule your flights!!!!!!!
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton