Options

Toronto 5/11 show OFFICIALLY moved to 5/12

Comments

• Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,524
    demetrios said:

Raptors lost last night? Excellent! Let's go Heat. Sweep this team please. Sick of Drake. They show more of him on local Canadian news stations then the players of the game. :/

I am so with you! for good luck, I just made a bet on the Heat winning the series 4-0 on bet365. It's only $5, but returns $40...just about enough to buy a t-shirt at night 2! haha
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,758

Im sure TV ratings have something to do with it to. They want to make sure every single day, the NBA is getting on TV, and atleast 2 games on the weekends. Its all about the $$

Yep. This is what it's all about. It's unfortunate that the NBA's scheduling tactics are negatively impacting this show and fans with travel plans.
  • Options
    Sandy66Sandy66 Queensland, Australia Posts: 226

Sandy66 said:

Sandy66 said:

Well I won't be going if the date changes, just found out it will cost me an extra $650 to change my flights :(

Hopefully the band plays a really awesome setlist night 1 for the people who can't attend the 2nd show
    What sucks is I coughed up big money on stub hub to get a great seat seeing as it was my last show now if it is changed I don't know where I stand getting a refund or reselling
    well ,maybe the Raptors get swept, you came through for me in Memphis, I hope it happens, if not, I hope night 1 is one of the best shows ever, and you get to hear some of your white whales
    Thanks Hank, I have had a good run so can't complain too much and yes hopefully night 1 will be extra awesome if night 2 gets moved (go Heat). I met up with Rock Mama in Columbia and was her ticket buddy again so meeting her in Memphis worked out well for me too. :)
    BDO, Melbourne, 2014.   EV Solo, Melbourne, 2014.   Memphis, 2014.   Detroit, 2014.   St Paul, 2014.  Global Citizens Festival, NYC, 2015.   Columbia, 2016.   Jazz Fest, New Orleans, 2016.   Philly 1 & 2, 2016.   MSG 1 & 2, New York, 2016.  Ottawa, 2016.   Toronto 1, 2016.  Amsterdam 1 & 2, 2018.  London 1, 2018.  Padova, 2018.  Rome, 2018.  Prague, 2018.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    If anyone needs to ditch their tix, please keep me in mind :)
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Sandy66 said:

Sandy66 said:

Sandy66 said:

Well I won't be going if the date changes, just found out it will cost me an extra $650 to change my flights :(

Hopefully the band plays a really awesome setlist night 1 for the people who can't attend the 2nd show
    What sucks is I coughed up big money on stub hub to get a great seat seeing as it was my last show now if it is changed I don't know where I stand getting a refund or reselling
    well ,maybe the Raptors get swept, you came through for me in Memphis, I hope it happens, if not, I hope night 1 is one of the best shows ever, and you get to hear some of your white whales
    Thanks Hank, I have had a good run so can't complain too much and yes hopefully night 1 will be extra awesome if night 2 gets moved (go Heat). I met up with Rock Mama in Columbia and was her ticket buddy again so meeting her in Memphis worked out well for me too. :)
    You are going to have to update your list of shows attended :)
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,458
    Not sure this is a good omen for Raptors fans, one of the players is doing a press conference right now...wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs cap, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    weremin23weremin23 Posts: 309
    Am I in the minority thinking the nba is fixed?
  • Options

Not sure this is a good omen for Raptors fans, one of the players is doing a press conference right now...wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs cap, lol.

anything Maple Leafs related has been bad news since 1967
  • Options
    Sandy66Sandy66 Queensland, Australia Posts: 226

Sandy66 said:

Sandy66 said:

Sandy66 said:

You are going to have to update your list of shows attended :)
    Done, didn't put in Toronto 2 in case I jinx it, lol
    BDO, Melbourne, 2014.   EV Solo, Melbourne, 2014.   Memphis, 2014.   Detroit, 2014.   St Paul, 2014.  Global Citizens Festival, NYC, 2015.   Columbia, 2016.   Jazz Fest, New Orleans, 2016.   Philly 1 & 2, 2016.   MSG 1 & 2, New York, 2016.  Ottawa, 2016.   Toronto 1, 2016.  Amsterdam 1 & 2, 2018.  London 1, 2018.  Padova, 2018.  Rome, 2018.  Prague, 2018.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,363
    weremin23 said:

Am I in the minority thinking the nba is fixed?

Yes.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,456

Good!!! Hope they get swept!! So I can see show as planned
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,458

Good!!! Hope they get swept!! So I can see show as planned
    Certainly that's my hope for all the out-of-towners trying to make this show. That and I get a certain delight from watching my hometown fans when the teams lose (as I mentioned elsewhere, we (they, lol) win a series, they act like they've won the championship, lol).

If there's any sort of silver lining, it's that this is utterly out of the band's hands, so we can focus our scorn squarely on the NBA and their inconsistent scheduling practices.

Fingers crossed for a sweep, but sadly I just don't see it happening (although I follow hockey, not basketball, so what do I know, lol).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652

hey now.... slow down there...

they did just snag the number 1 overall draft pick for the 2016 class....

chances are they will pull an "edmonton", but we'll have to wait years to find that out...

Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep said:

hey now.... slow down there...

they did just snag the number 1 overall draft pick for the 2016 class....

chances are they will pull an "edmonton", but we'll have to wait years to find that out...

• Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 644
    edited May 2016
    Well our trip has pretty much gone up in flames without getting started and that will be without seeing a show at all. My ticket buddy and I are booked to fly out of Vancouver bound for Toronto Sunday,(my idea, just thinking it would be nice to get in a day early and get fully prepared for the Tuesday night, a show which we still had to dig up tickets for. I busted on the lottery again(no I didn't try for GA as my first pick). Thank goodness we don't have to eat any 10c tix. We're booked to fly home Thursday afternoon(we both agreed that was the day to head home) and we won't make the trip for 4 nights to see one show. The cost of changing each leg is $325.00/person plus hotel rates are through the roof so changing flights/hotels is out. Now if one had known there were even a remote chance of this happening we could be in Quebec then Ottawa or just booked Toronto for arrival May 9 and leave May 13 and all bases would be covered. I cannot see how the band/management can be let off the hook blame wise here. Could they not have identified even a remote possibility even after the tickets were sold that a show might have to be moved to a different date. Even if we'd have had 2-3 weeks notice the cost was likely still modest to switch flights etc.. Of course I would still have tried to grab a pair back in January for the second show and adjusted my travel dates no problem. Very disappointed and I'm sure we have lots of company. Oh and we have non-refundable flights to boot.
    Post edited by DJ253147 on
  • Options
    Man I really hope this is a sweep. This is going to be one hell of an expensive fucking change up that I sure as shit can't afford!

Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    jessebasijessebasi Toronto Posts: 149
    I would honestly bet money on the fact (sorry ppl who gotta fly out) that the Raps win tonight. They never win game 1, and they're gonna win one at home.
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,650
    Game 2 tonight!
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    jessebasi said:

I would honestly bet money on the fact (sorry ppl who gotta fly out) that the Raps win tonight. They never win game 1, and they're gonna win one at home.

im torn
    as much as id like a sweep(no offense raptor fans- pj over sports always, even my local teams), i realize its not even close to likely and id pretty much almost rather know for 100% certain and have toronto win so I can decide on the scramble.

Unfortunately its looking like i can only do one show if they split it up.. question is - which show?

on one hand 10th was sold via tenclub so they know they will have more diehards there but on the other hand its the last show for a while - with a day off
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    ^ i meant the 12th would be the last show and have a day off.. to be clear..

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    I'd like to (selfishly) think the 10th would be the "better" show, but they will give it their all on the 2nd night, particularly if it needs to be moved. Maybe they should just make PJ history and play the same set twice :P
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Changing flights at this point is going to be too expensive and it's honestly just not worth it. If there is a game 5 I'll have a pair in the lower bowl for sale. I wonder f I can trade my 4 tickets for both nights for GA night 1, that would make up for missing out on night 2
    NYPJ
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,639
    I've said it before but to people waiting the series out, the chance of a sweep is like less than 5% in my opinion. These 2 teams are just not good enough to sweep the other.

The concert is almost surely going to be the 12th
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

I've said it before but to people waiting the series out, the chance of a sweep is like less than 5% in my opinion. These 2 teams are just not good enough to sweep the other.

The concert is almost surely going to be the 12th

imagephoto 104606-jim-carrey-heart-OW-gif-dumb-a-lqQO_zpsr8zrxhbd.gif" />
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,570
    At least it isn't the band canceling on its fans this time. You got that going for you Toronto people.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,639

At least it isn't the band canceling on its fans this time. You got that going for you Toronto people.

Agreed. Raleigh really sucked, but atleast this one is out of their hands, and they gave us over a weeks notice that the postponed show could happen. Thats really all you can ask of them in this situation.

I think they KNEW this was a possibility, and thats why they didnt have a 10c sale for the show
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    I think night 1's setlist is gonna be killer because of this.
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,083
    Come on Miami! You win tonight & 2 more games at home, you win the Championship at home. Do it. Do it for the Pearl Jam's fans all over the world traveling and having a hard time changing their traveling plans, because of the NBA. If Raptors has a problem with that talk to the NBA. It's their fault not having to put game 5 to Thursday. I would of rooted for you, but the head of the NBA are punks, so with Miami up a game, sweep baby, sweep the Raptors.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Come on Miami! You win tonight & 2 more games at home, you win the Championship at home. Do it. Do it for the Pearl Jam's fans all over the world traveling and having a hard time changing their traveling plans, because of the NBA. If Raptors has a problem with that talk to the NBA. It's their fault not having to put game 5 to Thursday. I would of rooted for you, but the head of the NBA are punks, so with Miami up a game, sweep baby, sweep the Raptors.

Not gonna happen. Sorry, just not gonna happen. Miami aren't THAT good and the Raptors aren't THAT bad.
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,650
    edited May 2016
    Raps will probably win the series. Theyre a top 5 team. Miami is relying on old man Wade too much