Comments

• Options
    OkumOkum Vancouver, BC Posts: 231
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,544
    Okum said:

Air Canada Centre ‏@AirCanadaCentre 2m2 minutes ago
    If needed, May 11 will be Raptors playoff Game 5. The @PearlJam show scheduled for May 11 would then move to Thurs May 12. Updates to follow

Brad you're flying in?! Fantastic!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    Okum said:

If needed, May 11 will be Raptors playoff Game 5. The @PearlJam show scheduled for May 11 would then move to Thurs May 12. Updates to follow

Thanks Brad!
  • Options
    BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    So, there you go. The only way it isn't on May 12 is if either team sweeps the first four games - this only happens about 15% of the time.

85% chance you need to change your travel arrangements. If you don't like those odds, you'll know more definitively after Game 2 on May 5th.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    my vote is to move both shows to the 12/13th...

fuck up everyone's traveling plans, but make a window for me to fly up friday for the show... :)... wonder if I have enough points...

I get to see my bro, miss the inlaws, and have a fun weekend in T.O...

that's how it should have been scheduled in the first place anyways.... if the band wasn't too cheap to pay for the weekend dates... knowing that their going to sell out major markets like NYC, TO, Philly these days is why you will never see another weekend date from the band in those cities...

anyway... I'm only joking. Hopefully it all works out well for everyone... makes me glad I didn't go to toronto to try and catch the shows in the middle of the week... United and/or Scare Canada is going to anally rape everyone attempting to change flights... can anyone say minimum $200 change fee + fare difference?

why the NBA is being dicks about having to have the game on the 11th is a little bit mind numbing to me... just move it a day and have them play back-to-back nights on the 12th and 13th in T.O and Miami... not like it's never bee done before...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    OkumOkum Vancouver, BC Posts: 231
    100 Pacer said:

Okum said:

Brad you're flying in?! Fantastic!
    I'll be at QC, OTT and TOR1, hopefully TOR2.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    MOST EPIC ABOUT IT!!
    THE POSTERS MIGHT HAVE THE OLD DATE ON THEM!!!HEHEHEHEHEE
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751

MOST EPIC ABOUT IT!!
    THE POSTERS MIGHT HAVE THE OLD DATE ON THEM!!!HEHEHEHEHEE

Worth $50,000 on eBay!
  • Options
    jessebasijessebasi Toronto Posts: 149
    The following was posted on the TM event page:

*EVENT NOTICE* Paul Mercs Concerts announces that the sold out Pearl Jam show on May 11th at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario may be affected by the Toronto Raptors NBA Playoff run. If Game 5 is needed, it will be scheduled to be played on May 11th at the Air Canada Centre and the Pearl Jam date scheduled for that day will move to May 12th, as part of Pearl Jam's North American concert tour.
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    Cheapest ticket I saw yesterday was $168 (excluding fees). This morning cheapest ticket is $220 up in the 300 digits for this Game 5 Raptors game .. off Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    jessebasi said:

*EVENT NOTICE* Paul Mercs Concerts announces that the sold out Pearl Jam show on May 11th at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario may be affected by the Toronto Raptors NBA Playoff run. If Game 5 is needed, it will be scheduled to be played on May 11th at the Air Canada Centre and the Pearl Jam date scheduled for that day will move to May 12th, as part of Pearl Jam's North American concert tour.

Cool, all we needed to hear. Now we can adjust accordingly.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217

jessebasi said:

Show can stay on the 11th until each team has one win, which means we may not see a change in the show till after the 9th.
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    Jimminez said:

jessebasi said:

Show can stay on the 11th until each team has one win, which means we may not see a change in the show till after the 9th.
    Unfortunately this is true. All the band can do though is tell us what day the show WOULD be rescheduled to.

Everything else is pretty much out of their hands, so I appreciate them letting us know
  • Options
    hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 582
    edited May 2016
    Sucks the date will likely change, but great they are being up front about it and communicating about it. Can't ask for more then that.
  • Options
    jessebasi said:

Thanks!
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    PJ should just move the date to May12. With so many fans travelling it seems the best thing to do, but I'm sure there's more to it which is why they have to wait.
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    Red Lukin said:

PJ should just move the date to May12. With so many fans travelling it seems the best thing to do, but I'm sure there's more to it which is why they have to wait.

Potentially saves tear down and set up costs if they wait till they know for certain.
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    shep said:

fuck up everyone's traveling plans, but make a window for me to fly up friday for the show... :)... wonder if I have enough points...

that's how it should have been scheduled in the first place anyways.... if the band wasn't too cheap to pay for the weekend dates... knowing that their going to sell out major markets like NYC, TO, Philly these days is why you will never see another weekend date from the band in those cities...

anyway... I'm only joking. Hopefully it all works out well for everyone... makes me glad I didn't go to toronto to try and catch the shows in the middle of the week... United and/or Scare Canada is going to anally rape everyone attempting to change flights... can anyone say minimum $200 change fee + fare difference?

why the NBA is being dicks about having to have the game on the 11th is a little bit mind numbing to me... just move it a day and have them play back-to-back nights on the 12th and 13th in T.O and Miami... not like it's never bee done before...

Back to back in the playoffs? The regular season is one thing...playoffs, especially when a gane could run late wjth OT?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Based on this, we won't know for sure until game 5 is deemed to be necessary. That will be Thursday night at the earliest.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Anyone think they will just honor the tickets already purchased, or will they print new ones? I bought my Toronto 2s off of stubhub. Would hate to see whoever I bought them off get new tickets and then sell those on stubhub again.
  • Options
    Goom BasparGoom Baspar Posts: 23

Anyone think they will just honor the tickets already purchased, or will they print new ones? I bought my Toronto 2s off of stubhub. Would hate to see whoever I bought them off get new tickets and then sell those on stubhub again.

I imagine they would honor the original tickets - that is what most rescheduled concerts do but not 100% sure.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648

shep said:

Back to back in the playoffs? The regular season is one thing...playoffs, especially when a gane could run late wjth OT?
    it's basketball... to tell you the truth I couldn't give any less of a fuck...

and if the leafs (or any canadian teams) were in the playoffs, neither would the rest of canada.

and again, it's basketball... they run up an down a court... I can run 8-miles on back to back days, and I'm not a professional athlete
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Not impressed
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    One more reason to hate basketball.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    PJ_Soul said:

One more reason to hate basketball.

I'm a huge sports fan and could honestly care less about basketball. I've seen a few live games and found it boring. Half the crowd seems to be there only to try to get on the jumbotron.
  • Options
    Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 730
    PJ should perform the national anthems on the 11th.

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    Now everyone is going to bitch about basketball? :lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center