Can we talk about the drunks?

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    edited May 2016
    #EvenBros = concert attendees who allow themselves to become so inebriated that they negatively affect the experience of those around them. This includes (but is not limited to): falling, pushing, puking, pissing, unwanted hugging, face-shouting, fight-picking, and other acts of douchey-ness.

#EvenHos = female version of EvenBros, but also includes 'obnoxious selfie taking'

I say we add the hash tag because it's as annoying as they are...
    Post edited by DeLukin on
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    DeLukin said:

#EvenBros = concert attendees who allow themselves to become so inebriated that they negatively affect the experience of those around them. This includes (but is not limited to): falling, pushing, puking, pissing, unwanted hugging, face-shouting, fight-picking, and other acts of douchey-ness.

#EvenHos = female version of EvenBros, but also includes 'obnoxious selfie taking'

Great thanks this should be on a Tshirt !! Calling Senrock
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    We saw at least three people in our section (103) on night 1 who definitely had way more than they could handle. All three of them were puking up a storm and were carried out by friends after the show. Everybody can do what they please, but if I would get puked on, I'd be pissed. I don't get spending that much on a ticket and then just getting fucking shitfaced.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

It's not a Philly thing.
    It's not a Pearl Jam fan thing.
    It's a concert thing. Every American rock concert. In every city.

So true.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Posts: 207
    edited May 2016
    rgambs said:

EvenBros lol I love it...and EvenHos too.
    Those girls all tarted out wearing hooker heels and Kelly Bundy dresses, with a flannel to "make it grunge", so drunk they can't walk without hanging on to each other, swaying and swerving across the concourse, all while staring at or bellowing into a phone the size of a damn etch a sketch...

:rofl: etch-a-sketch, that's f'n hilarious. If you have not seen this thread it's pretty funny.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/17949/boston-2-puke#latest
    Post edited by ham_on_rye on
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,651
    DeLukin said:

I like it!!
  • Getting buzzed is fine. Getting sloshed is irritating.

Even Bros looking to fist bump you every f**king song, slobbering into you, wallowing away... tempting you to smash them. It definitely takes away from the experience, but hear this... it's far from unique to PJ. DMB shows feature an all star cast of drunken idiots every show.

They... no shit... ran out of beer at the MGM in Vegas two thirds through the show. The MGM in Vegas. We were forced to buy margaritas.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414

We were forced to buy margaritas.

This cracked me up. Hahaha!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    dude in front of me at philly 1 was so drunk he just feel backwards on the stairs. another guy two rows in front of me was passed out sitting down. good times. fan club section too.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    that's why I smoke 5 doobies for every beer....keeps me "HIGH" DRATED" so I don't get too drunk and act a fool
  • DeLukin said:

That's funny.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 3,051
    We went to get into our car after Jax only to find some guy pissing on the car parked next to mine. That was interesting.

Aside from the obnoxious factor, the thing that really bothers me is that some of these assholes get behind the wheel after over indulging.

No excuse.

If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Yep, and this is mostly why I decided not to go to Philly 2 b/c being a female alone there is just...no. I realize it's not just Philly where people are sloppy to dangerously drunk but still the stories that come out of there are awful. Heh maybe I've also heard too many reports from Wolfie out of Philly (stern show). Evenbros is brilliant. That said, we had some in Tampa and my parents and I left the show with beer soaked lower legs and feet. I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want it to ruin my parents first show, and well, they are in their 60s so simply sloppy rude drunks bros aren't worth the energy.
  • mfc2006 said:

We were forced to buy margaritas.

This cracked me up. Hahaha!
    Lol

You've been there, eh?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Getting buzzed is fine. Getting sloshed is irritating.

Even Bros looking to fist bump you every f**king song, slobbering into you, wallowing away... tempting you to smash them. It definitely takes away from the experience, but hear this... it's far from unique to PJ. DMB shows feature an all star cast of drunken idiots every show.

They... no shit... ran out of beer at the MGM in Vegas two thirds through the show. The MGM in Vegas. We were forced to buy margaritas.

My sister and I saw Gone with the Wind at the theater (luxurious for that time) in the Vegas MGM hotel before its big fire.

At Puscifer there was a chick in front of us who got sick from shrooms. Tool, a couple years before, drunk as fuck dude in front of us but a happy drunk, thankfully. Went nuts over the Rice jersey I was wearing.

Me - "Thanks! But please don't touch me or the jersey." Yes, he went in for a hug - not aggressively, but nope!

I think in this era of things being mostly about YOU - the bubble mindset - drunk jerks (jerks in general) will be more prevalent. Shit, just look at driving, or flying.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:

I think in this era of things being mostly about YOU - the bubble mindset - drunk jerks (jerks in general) will be more prevalent. Shit, just look at driving, or flying.

I couldn't agree more. One of my concert buddies said the other day, "We have such a great community of people." (Meaning PJ.) We do. I couldn't agree more. We just need to keep in mind the space we occupy whether it be physically or by other sensory means. That is for any concert. It's not to say not to enjoy. Just take care of yourself and be mindful of the people around you.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    or texting while diving
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    Tiki said:

or texting while diving

Belly flop =)
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    You people should never attend wing bowl then
    deadendp said:

hedonist said:

I couldn't agree more. One of my concert buddies said the other day, "We have such a great community of people." (Meaning PJ.) We do. I couldn't agree more. We just need to keep in mind the space we occupy whether it be physically or by other sensory means. That is for any concert. It's not to say not to enjoy. Just take care of yourself and be mindful of the people around you.
    Ah, so simple, it'd seem.

And seriously, the texting shit has made me have to raise my asshole/idiot radar even higher when driving. I actually saw someone hold up a bunch of cars in the midst of a major boulevard because he just STOPPED. To text.

I'm getting an air-horn!

Sorry for veering off-topic. I just have a low threshold for assholes, drunk or self-absorbed, in any environment.
  • G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    Happy to hear your wife wasn't injured.

There are some funny comments in here. At the Big popular east coast shows invariably there's a sizeable group of drunks. I've been there once or twice.. I'm told.

This all reminds me of that "Boston Puke" debacle. Anyone remember that? Ha
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Took a buddy to Camden 03 and he took it out and start pissing in the 5th row because he didn't want to miss anything. Luckily it wasnt pointed towards me or he'd be laying in it a few seconds later. Never took him to a show again. The guy in front of him who's shoes and shorts he pissed on only yelled at him. I was surprised.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

EvenBros and EvenHos. I love it. I'm using these phrases now.

Also, 100% love the vaping at shows. SO MUCH BETTER that the cloud of stank ass weed that sits above your head. I wish everyone who was lighting up at shows would vape. It's so much more pleasant for those of us around you who don't wanna breathe your second hand lol

When i vape with weed i still blow out smoke. Is there some kind of totally smokeless vape pen i haven't heard about?? If so, what are people inhaling??

Anyway, yes, drunks are the worst! I had Neil Young almost ruined by some stupid drunk cow right behind me when i was on the rail. She was the most obnoxious, awful person of all time and she just wouldn't shut the fuck up. She also started making fun of everyone near her who was wearing earplugs. Total loser.
    I stay straight and sober for PJ shows. Who needs booze or drugs when you're at a PJ show?? It's not like one has to try and make it more fun. A PJ show is already maxed out on fun without it, lol.
    It's not smokeless at all, but the vape smoke dissipates faster and doesn't smell as bad than joints or blunts.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,687
    I've been to shows all over the country and would have to agree that Philly is the worst for drunks.

I am of the belief that tailgating and getting full on fall down shitfaced drunk before shows in Philadelphia is a competitive sport for these people.

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,651
    I saw several asleep in their seats by start of second encoure Philly N2....hope they tell everyone how great the show was with their eyes closed
  • adamvs91adamvs91 Posts: 36

Yep, and this is mostly why I decided not to go to Philly 2 b/c being a female alone there is just...no. I realize it's not just Philly where people are sloppy to dangerously drunk but still the stories that come out of there are awful. Heh maybe I've also heard too many reports from Wolfie out of Philly (stern show). Evenbros is brilliant. That said, we had some in Tampa and my parents and I left the show with beer soaked lower legs and feet. I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want it to ruin my parents first show, and well, they are in their 60s so simply sloppy rude drunks bros aren't worth the energy.

You must be referring to the Wing Bowl when you mention Wolfie. Haha.
  • adamvs91 said:

Yep, and this is mostly why I decided not to go to Philly 2 b/c being a female alone there is just...no. I realize it's not just Philly where people are sloppy to dangerously drunk but still the stories that come out of there are awful. Heh maybe I've also heard too many reports from Wolfie out of Philly (stern show). Evenbros is brilliant. That said, we had some in Tampa and my parents and I left the show with beer soaked lower legs and feet. I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want it to ruin my parents first show, and well, they are in their 60s so simply sloppy rude drunks bros aren't worth the energy.

You must be referring to the Wing Bowl when you mention Wolfie. Haha.
    Ha-ha yes I am!!!

Oh also ...op really glad your wife is OK!!
  • Took a buddy to Camden 03 and he took it out and start pissing in the 5th row because he didn't want to miss anything. Luckily it wasnt pointed towards me or he'd be laying in it a few seconds later. Never took him to a show again. The guy in front of him who's shoes and shorts he pissed on only yelled at him. I was surprised.

Ok this makes me wonder if our feet were in fact covered in beer or piss or both. :anguished: I'm glad I'll never know.
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    This is an enjoyable thread. Now that I have a proper description of an EvenBro/Ho. I was at a McCartney show and this lady was out of her gourd. I think she was on something insane because her behavior was distracting and weird at times. I kept wondering how someone could attend this show and be like this. I mean it's flippin' Paul McCartney!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    edited May 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

EvenBros and EvenHos. I love it. I'm using these phrases now.

Also, 100% love the vaping at shows. SO MUCH BETTER that the cloud of stank ass weed that sits above your head. I wish everyone who was lighting up at shows would vape. It's so much more pleasant for those of us around you who don't wanna breathe your second hand lol

When i vape with weed i still blow out smoke. Is there some kind of totally smokeless vape pen i haven't heard about?? If so, what are people inhaling??

Anyway, yes, drunks are the worst! I had Neil Young almost ruined by some stupid drunk cow right behind me when i was on the rail. She was the most obnoxious, awful person of all time and she just wouldn't shut the fuck up. She also started making fun of everyone near her who was wearing earplugs. Total loser.
    I stay straight and sober for PJ shows. Who needs booze or drugs when you're at a PJ show?? It's not like one has to try and make it more fun. A PJ show is already maxed out on fun without it, lol.
    All vaporizers are smokeless. Its not smoke, it's vapor. Big difference.

And by the way, anyone have issues getting a vaporizer into the shows? Hampton they didnt allow it. Had to stash it into my shoe. Did the same in philly, but never got caught with it, so not sure if it was allowed or not. Seems silly you can have cigs but not an ecig.
    Post edited by Lifted on