Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    my2hands wrote:
    quick question for you my friend... why would you want to frame and hang a poster on your wall from a show you didnt go to? help me understand.
    As many have said its a combination of the images and your favorite band.
    For example, I want a Klausen Honolulu. U2 and Pearl Jam are my 2 favorite bands. Had I not had a young child I likely would have taken a birthday trip from Boston for the show, but it wasn't in the cards for me at the time. But the colors on the poster look fabulous, the image is cool and it says "U2 and Pearl Jam" which makes it very appealing to me, I would love to have it hanging on my wall.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Poncier wrote:
    For example, I want a Klausen Honolulu. U2 and Pearl Jam are my 2 favorite bands. Had I not had a young child I likely would have taken a birthday trip from Boston for the show, but it wasn't in the cards for me at the time. But the colors on the poster look fabulous, the image is cool and it says "U2 and Pearl Jam" which makes it very appealing to me, I would love to have it hanging on my wall.

Birthday trip? Small world. That concert WAS my birthday trip, as my bday is Dec 9th (show day) and they are my two favorite bands as well.

My 2 fave bands, in one of my fave places (Hawaii), on my bday? Nothing was going to keep me from going!

Of course my kid is 32 years old next Tuesday, so lucky for me that wasn't an issue.

Old, but still rockin
    KJ
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Poncier wrote:

dude dont engage him,

you need not explain yourself, especially to him

:rolleyes:

for me its
    pearl jam*
    bruce/esb*
    u2

*these 2 slots swap every now and again
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    This poster is so popular
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/56376

The artist has even raised the price from $20 to $50
    http://www.myspace.com/madpakyderms

... and no, the horse is not dead yet

you should get a share of the increased profits!!

anyone wants one i'll sell mine for 49
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Birthday trip? Small world. That concert WAS my birthday trip, as my bday is Dec 9th (show day) and they are my two favorite bands as well.

My 2 fave bands, in one of my fave places (Hawaii), on my bday? Nothing was going to keep me from going!

Of course my kid is 32 years old next Tuesday, so lucky for me that wasn't an issue.

Old, but still rockin
    KJ
    Mine is Dec 4th. (10c # is 70xxx also, I shit you not.)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • kj1nyr wrote:

Old, but still rockin
    KJ

I was thinking the same thing, as my birthday is Dec 8th. Glad someone took the trip for me at least ;)
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
    Poncier wrote:
    Mine is Dec 4th. (10c # is 70xxx also, I shit you not.)

LOL, it's almost like we're twins!! ;)
    benJAMin wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing, as my birthday is Dec 8th. Glad someone took the trip for me at least ;)

Happy to oblige! Looks like we have a lot of December babies here.

Chalk it up to 14 years of knowledge about the band's habits or just dumb luck, but when I was planning my trip last year (before I had tickets of course!) I just knew PJ would play a solo show and that it would be before the U2 show. We booked our flight to arrive a week early just in case, and imagine my joy when the Dec 2nd show was announced, the day I arrived on Oahu!

Thank you 10C - we were 2nd row between Ed and Stone. Awesome show! The highlight of the trip as the U2/PJ show was a logistical nightmare (2+ hours in traffic, no parking, no organization, posters sold out and we were pretty far back from the stage).

Hopefully the band will give us another birthday show this year somewhere on the mainland.

Peace,
    KJ
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Hopefully the band will give us another birthday show this year somewhere on the mainland.

Peace,
    KJ

in the meantime do yourself a favor and catch one of the multitude of upcoming springsteen and e streeters' shows on the upcoming leg 1- including a west coast roadtrip before heading back east for 2 nights in boston before jetting off to europe.

oh and there will definitely be plenty of posters to be had easily for this tour.
    :)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    in the meantime do yourself a favor and catch one of the multitude of upcoming springsteen and e streeters' shows on the upcoming leg 1- including a west coast roadtrip before heading back east for 2 nights in boston before jetting off to europe.

oh and there will definitely be plenty of posters to be had easily for this tour.
    :)

Luckily growing up in NYC I got to see the Boss and the ESB several times back in the day and maybe twice since I've been out west. I let my fan club membership lapse too, though I still get emails. Didn't plan on going this tour 1) cause they're not coming to Phoenix, 2) cause money is really tight and 3) the tickets have gotten way too expensive. I'll have to live vicariously through you Bath.

Peace,
    KJ
  • http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/art/420675144.html

Kinda spendy, but maybe one of you are interested, to much cash for me.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Not looking like tonight....best of luck to all if it happens over the next week while I'm on hols :D
    I need a coffee!
  • mailing list is back up :(
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Hey all, so it seems to me like I missed the Artillery sale. I don't feel like reading through twenty pages of this thread to make sure. Could someone just reply to me and let me know if the sale happened, or if the site only launched. Thanks very much.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • yosi wrote:
    Hey all, so it seems to me like I missed the Artillery sale. I don't feel like reading through twenty pages of this thread to make sure. Could someone just reply to me and let me know if the sale happened, or if the site only launched. Thanks very much.

You didn't miss shit....more of the same. Site was up for a couple days, able to look through the posters as before, no prices, no buying, now back to the mailing list page...
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • yosi wrote:
    not yet your still in luck.
    Go Birds!!!!
    not yet your still in luck.

Holy shit. So why was the site "up" again today?
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    back to just taking emails.....

must be getting close!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• I was thinkin Artillery would be up at 7:00. Oh well, another day another time!
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    I think they added a poster in the 2007 section..
  • skere26 wrote:
    I think they added a poster in the 2007 section..

same as before
    the Minions
    Yeah, it's back to browsing mode, still "Not for purchase".

The waiting drove me mad.
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Yeah, it's back to browsing mode, still "Not for purchase".

The waiting drove me mad.

Still like that.
  • Its up and running!
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    and its down.......
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • No Gorge posters????
    the Minions
  • No Gorge posters????

nope...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Was the Vic the regular edition or the purple?
    How much was the hawaii
    the Minions
  • Was the Vic the regular edition or the purple?
    How much was the hawaii

both vics were up... purple was 100, brown was 60

hawaii was 85
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    Was the Vic the regular edition or the purple?
    How much was the hawaii

Both the regular and the Purple Variant

Regular Vic: $60
    Purple variant: $100
    Hawaii: $ 85 maybe?? (someone confirm please hehe)

EDIT: MF on the case as always :D
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.