Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    I believe you asked this exact quote to me back in the 06 thread.

You oldie

it's likely

although i didn't add the "kidding" and got blasted for it
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • While we're here waiting, did anyone go for the new Slater stuff today?

I picked up the Social D and its variant plus the Wolfmother.
    the Minions
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    While we're here waiting, did anyone go for the new Slater stuff today?

I picked up Wolfmother, Morrissey and the Morrissey Variant ... thay will probably be it for me on this new batch ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • kinikini Posts: 97
    While we're here waiting, did anyone go for the new Slater stuff today?

grabbed the wolfmother
    9/25/92, 9/26/92, 9/27/92, 2/20/97, 2/21/97, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
  • jimed14 wrote:
    I picked up Wolfmother, Morrissey and the Morrissey Variant ... thay will probably be it for me on this new batch ...

Yeah

I've got to think about the Goldfinger
    but the old lady's a Bond fan of the Sean Connery type
    the Minions
    kini wrote:
    grabbed the wolfmother

the wife came home tipsy

i'm about to go make sweet love to the wolfmother

;)

brad if you sell shit tonight... that's fucked up

(and yes i pretty much just assured he will try his best) ;)
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    bostonlou wrote:
    the wife came home tipsy

;)

Behave now Lou........
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • bostonlou wrote:
    the wife came home tipsy

;)

Are you done yet making sweet love to the wolfmother? Its been like 10 minutes. ;)
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
    Are you done yet making sweet love to the wolfmother? Its been like 10 minutes. ;)

Hes been back for three.....

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    looks like a no go tonight...

will you be able to buy multiples of one poster? (i hope not!)
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    Wow
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • what did I miss? Why did everyone think his site was going live tonight?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    what did I miss? Why did everyone think his site was going live tonight?

Monday.. 1-Seven????
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Monday.. 1-Seven????

you lost me... what does that have to do with tonight? :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

cuz the mailing list page is now gone, you can scan thru the years / posters again.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Well if it goes up today or tomorrow I will promise to tell my future wife that its over and I'm marrying BK in Feb instead.....goin on hols early sunday morning :D

Its gonna be emotional :p
    I need a coffee!
  • Irish Al wrote:
    Well if it goes up today or tomorrow I will promise to tell my future wife that its over and I'm marrying BK in Feb instead.....goin on hols early sunday morning :D

Its gonna be emotional :p

You'll be searching the hotel in Majorca for internet.
    He he he, another holiday ruined!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096

You missed nothing except people getting excited over nothing.... that is why my comment was merely wow..... cuz I went to work came home and there had been ten pages of nothing in just a few hours.....
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    You'll be searching the hotel in Majorca for internet.
    He he he, another holiday ruined!!

I so wont :o
    I need a coffee!
  • KDH12 wrote:
    You missed nothing except people getting excited over nothing.... that is why my comment was merely wow..... cuz I went to work came home and there had been ten pages of nothing in just a few hours.....
    We were excited about somethin, which turned out to be nothin. But if it'd been somethin we wouldn't not be talkin about nothin this mornin. For a minute I was excited about somethin and if I had known it was really nothin I might not have been so excited.

Too bad you weren't here to enlighten us about nothin. :)

Good mornin
    the Minions
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    We were excited about somethin, which turned out to be nothin. But if it'd been somethin we wouldn't not be talkin about nothin this mornin. For a minute I was excited about somethin and if I had known it was really nothin I might not have been so excited.

Too bad you weren't here to enlighten us about nothin. :)

Good mornin
    Now thats saying somethin!
    This weekend we rock Portland
    what's jermaine's email say today?

i can't get to yahoo mail at work... but i can see a preview through my yahoo
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    Anyone want to trade posters for vinyls, fan club singles, albums, singles, official bootlegs and promos? I have quite alot!

I also have a DVD of the Boston Orpheum show (1994) that was shot by the crew. Not in circulation as far as I know.

Let me know. Im looking for LA, DC, Honolulu, Dussedorf and Easy Street. All Klausen! Im also looking for Brisbane and Perth 2003

Nijmegen 2007 is the only poster I have to trade.

Hit me a pm!
    I will swallow poison
    bostonlou wrote:
    what's jermaine's email say today?

i can't get to yahoo mail at work... but i can see a preview through my yahoo

Life size Squires for sale.....

Here it is....

Hello...

Today, today, today...all you lovers of quadrupedal instigators! LIFESIZE Squire is the first in a series of large-scale designer sculpture from Jermaine Rogers.
    Next week, mid-week....various VEIL releases, a few Blow-Up 'Monkey Hustlers', and a print or 3. LOOK FOR AN EMAIL WITH ALL THE INFO. ON MONDAY, SEPT. 17TH.
    And now, a press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

RESERVE YOUR LIFESIZE SQUIRE BY JERMAINE ROGERS THIS FRIDAY...TODAY!

Sept. 14, 2007 - Your chance to acquire one of the year's most anticipated works of art happens soon! That's right, on Friday, September 14, 2pm EST / 11 am MT, pre-orders begin for NOWhere Limited's Ed. of the LifeSize Squire by Jermaine Rogers! The link to order will be listed here: http://www.nowherelimited.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=life_sized_squire

FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. NO EXCEPTIONS.

The LifeSize Squires generated wild response at San Diego Comic Con, where they were unveiled this summer. Pre-orders for the the artist's SDCC '07 exclusive 'Shadow' edition (black, edition of 10) sold out within the first 2 days of the convention! By the end of the show, the portion of the NOWhere Limited edition that was allotted for SDCC were spoken for also! This Friday's sale will offer the remaining portion of the blue NOWhere Limited version of the LifeSize Squire. The price is set at $600USD + Shipping.

This fine art sculpture stands 2 feet high x 2 feet long and features a completely new sculpt based on meticulous drawings by Jermaine Rogers. Only 30 pieces total make up the NOWhere Limited edition of the LifeSize Squire.

New photos of this piece are on view here: http://nowherelimited.com/photoblog/main.php?g2_itemId=181

LIFESIZE SQUIRE BY JERMAINE ROGERS
    NOWHERE LIMITED'S EXCLUSIVE EDITION (BLUE) : ONLY 30 PRODUCED WORLDWIDE
    PRE-ORDER: 09/14/07, 2PM EST, NOWHERELIMITED.COM

Jermaine Rogers is one of the most prolific and relevant artists working today. He works in silkscreens and other types of prints, paintings and limited edition sculpture. Since the early 90's, Rogers has created hundreds of prints for many musical acts such as Ween, Tool, Sonic Youth, Radiohead and David Bowie. Jermaine has produced work for corporate clients such as Microsoft, Scion,Verizon, Sony, Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, The Houston Chronicle and more. The work Rogers has been releasing through NOWhere Limited, however, marks a new phase of the artist's career, one focused directly on fine art. For more information on Jermaine Rogers see his website, http://www.jermainerogers.com.

NOWhere Limited offers a wide variety of contemporary art, with a focus on limited edition artist multiples. Founded in January 2007, this growing and ever-changing gallery is the brainchild of artists Scott Lickstein and Elisha Sarti, the duo behind the acclaimed art showcase, culturegrounds.org.

thanks dog ;)

it's funny how ghee I think these toys are

yet i'm a poster collector

;)
    Niko80 wrote:
    Im looking for LA, DC, Honolulu, Dussedorf and Easy Street. All Klausen!

i think it is funny that EVERYONE wants the same posters, whether they went to the shows or not. i bet if they were worth the original $25 we would see little to no demand

does anyone buy the damn things based on the art rather than the value? (not saying you niko80, just in general it seems everyone wants the same 5-6 posters mostly because of their value
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    my2hands wrote:
    i think it is funny that EVERYONE wants the same posters, whether they went to the shows or not. i bet if they were worth the original $25 we would see little to no demand

does anyone buy the damn things based on the art rather than the value? (not saying you niko80, just in general it seems everyone wants the same 5-6 posters mostly because of their value

I buy them only for the art. If I go to a show and I think the poster sucks I don't buy it.

Of course, maybe I should start buying them and flip them on the bay?

NAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, bad karma.

Peace,
    KJ
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    my2hands wrote:

I want them based on the art. Nothing more. If I have to pay 300 for them then so be it. They are on the top of my wishlist and I need them on my wall!

I think you are onto something when you suggest that the high value creates higher interest in the posters than they would normally get. They create a buzz that some people just gets drawn to. I might be one of those, but my intentions are not make a profit of them.

They are gonna shine on my wall!
    I will swallow poison
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i like the posters for the images.
    if they stir something inside of me, i go for it .
    Also- if i go to a show, and i dont really care for the artwork , i probably would still try to get 1 , strictly for my attendance / collection purposes.

Can anyone assist me in getting a DC 06 and a PJ / U2 Hawaii- should i be absent when the sales go onward- from both artillery and / or 10 Club. ?

thanks a whole lot.

bathgate66
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Niko80 wrote:
    I want them based on the art. Nothing more. If I have to pay 300 for them then so be it. They are on the top of my wishlist and I need them on my wall!

I think you are onto something when you suggest that the high value creates higher interest in the posters than they would normally get. They create a buzz that some people just gets drawn to. I might be one of those, but my intentions are not make a profit of them.

They are gonna shine on my wall!
    '

just to clarify...i wasnt saying you were going to profit from them. it is just the fact that everyone wants the same exact posters. we all cant have the same taste and all think the same posters are cool. it is the value that is drawing the inetrest...

i personaly dont like the copenhagen... some guy with a hammer? but some like it, or love it.

i saw the albany 06 at the show and walked right past it because i didnt like it.

quick question for you my friend... why would you want to frame and hang a poster on your wall from a show you didnt go to? help me understand.