Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• yosi wrote:
    Wow. I can't believe I was gone all weekend and still didn't miss this. That's twice I didn't miss it. I'm usually never this lucky.

i hear they have a sweet 7 card stud game up in binghamton. lots of municipal workers.
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    I've been assuming it would go up all week.

I don't know why??????

Okay whats your point, we have been waiting 1-2 years for this, so I was not going to bet (or assume) that it was on for this week.
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • whistlewhistle Posts: 268
    i hear they have a sweet 7 card stud game up in binghamton. lots of municipal workers.

These aren't municipal workers. They work for the state you idiot!

Well we're here...
    http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=whistle55&view=4

08/22/98 - 06/29/03 - 09/28/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/11/05 - 09/12/05 - 09/13/05 - 09/19/05 - 05/09/06 - 05/10/06 - 05/16/06 - 05/19/06 <-- best bday present ever! - 12/02/06
  • KDH12 wrote:
    Okay whats your point, we have been waiting 1-2 years for this, so I was not going to bet (or assume) that it was on for this week.

Yeah, you're obviously a younger generation than me.

Not to come across sounding like your grandpa, but there was a time when professionals gave you a time frame they'd stand by it not just shit all over your free time like your assumptions and expectations weren't as valuable as theirs.
    When someone tells me something I would assume that they would have the character to abide by their word.

Not around here.

And these days it's suddenly becoming the rule rather than the exception.

just sayin
    the Minions
    Yeah, you're obviously a younger generation than me.

Not to come across sounding like your grandpa, but there was a time when professionals gave you a time frame they'd stand by it not just shit all over your free time like your assumptions and expectations weren't as valuable as theirs.
    When someone tells me something I would assume that they would have the character to abide by their word.

Not around here.

And these days it's suddenly becoming the rule rather than the exception.

just sayin

Don't assume somthing about someone's age either....... maybe I am just more laid back and how you spend your free time in the end is really your choice........

that said you sound a little bitter grandpa thus maybe you should just pass when they go onsale since it is a matter of professionalism.....
  • KDH12 wrote:
    Don't assume somthing about someone's age either....... maybe I am just more laid back and how you spend your free time in the end is really your choice........

that said you sound a little bitter grandpa thus maybe you should just pass when they go onsale since it is a matter of professionalism.....

so let's get this straight...

you're sayin it's ok with you that someone wouldn't keep their word.

Like, if we traded posters and you sent me yours and I told you I'd send you mine...but you didn't ever get it and I kept putting you off...copping out and keeping you hanging you wouldn't be upset?

I'm just sayin this slacker generation is not as cool as they think they are.
    the Minions
  • so let's get this straight...

you're sayin it's ok with you that someone wouldn't keep their word.

Like, if we traded posters and you sent me yours and I told you I'd send you mine...but you didn't ever get it and I kept putting you off...copping out and keeping you hanging you wouldn't be upset?

I'm just sayin this slacker generation is not as cool as they think they are.

Please show me where Number 7 said his site was going up FOR SURE this week? Did he promise you in private or something? I don't understand why you are so bent out of shape about this. This very sense of entitlement is what Brad spoke about.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • ...but there was a time when professionals gave you a time frame they'd stand by it not just shit all over your free time like your assumptions and expectations weren't as valuable as theirs.

Are you serious? I hope you are joking with this comment... you think Brad is shitting all over your free time? Since when does he owe us as individuals ANYTHING?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Please show me where Number 7 said his site was going up FOR SURE this week? Did he promise you in private or something? I don't understand why you are so bent out of shape about this. This very sense of entitlement is what Brad spoke about.
    What I have understood is he has gone though hell trying to get his website up and running. That is not his major interest or job. He's doing his best people! It will be up when it is up. He doesn't owe anyone anything. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • wolfbear wrote:
    What I have understood is he has gone though hell trying to get his website up and running. That is not his major interest or job. He's doing his best people! It will be up when it is up. He doesn't owe anyone anything. :)

Agreed... well said ;)
  • It was not my intention to come across as bragging. I feel extremely fortunate for every encounter with Ed, Mike, Jeff, Stone, Matt & both Daves. I cherish every autographed item I have ever gotten from the band. I really could not part with any of them but if I did Lou you would be one of the first in line.

If he cherishes every autograph why was this sold:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140136651722

I'm just sayin.
  • Are you serious? I hope you are joking with this comment... you think Brad is shitting all over your free time? Since when does he owe us as individuals ANYTHING?

Yeah, if you twist it that way then it sure sounds like that is what i'm saying.

True he doesn't owe me anything. I really could care less if he ever gets his site up. I could care less if he quits doing art, selling art, or communicating with his fans.

I don't care if 10c sells the rest of their tour posters.

I'm talking about character.

If I told you I was going to send you some prints for framing wouldn't you expect me to send you some prints? Or at least tell you, "hey I'm not going to send you those prints afterall" instead of leaving you guessing. You don't owe me anything and I don't owe you anything other than I told you I was going to give you some business.

But it's wrong.

You might be anticipating the income I was going to give you.

It's just good business.

Don't you get what I'm saying?

How many people are waiting, checking his website, checking this thread. Just glance through Who's online sometime and see how many are looking at the 07 Poster thread. Sometimes there's alot of people "lurking" trying to find out what's going on.

But you're right 100%

jeeeeez
    the Minions
  • alias75 wrote:

I'm just sayin.

Words cannot describe this guy... he sent me a message saying I need to "do my fucking job" and frame his signed FTM posters so he can sell them. Awesome... I'll get right on it as soon as I get them Batman...
  • Words cannot describe this guy... he sent me a message saying I need to "do my fucking job" and frame his signed FTM posters so he can sell them. Awesome... I'll get right on it as soon as I get them Batman...

Wow, this guy is something. Of course you are going to get it done right, after all he's got a family to feed.
  • number 7 wrote:
    the site should launch this week...i don't want to say a time for certain, because as we know, it's fallen through in the past.

I still have hawaii's, dusseldorfs, copenhagen, vics, and more...

the site should be up this week...

I guess I was just stupid when I thought this meant the site would go up this week.

But no you're right...he doesn't owe me anything.

He doesn't owe anyone anything.

I'm not upset at him but you cocksuckers are sure pissing me off:)

give you a little smiley calm your ass down.
    the Minions
  • Yeah, if you twist it that way then it sure sounds like that is what i'm saying.

True he doesn't owe me anything. I really could care less if he ever gets his site up. I could care less if he quits doing art, selling art, or communicating with his fans.

If I told you I was going to send you some prints for framing wouldn't you expect me to send you some prints? Or at least tell you, "hey I'm not going to send you those prints afterall" instead of leaving you guessing. You don't owe me anything and I don't owe you anything other than I told you I was going to give you some business.

But it's wrong.

It's just good business.

How many people are waiting, checking his website, checking this thread. Just glance through Who's online sometime and see how many are looking at the 07 Poster thread. Sometimes there's alot of people "lurking" trying to find out what's going on.

But you're right 100%

jeeeeez

No I get what you are saying, but to call him out and say he's being unprofessional is hardly productive. If ANYTHING we should be supportive. Shit happens, its his art, his site, his schedule... with his past actions dont you think he'll let us know when it will finally go live? Why give him a hard time for saying "It SHOULD be up this week". If you said you MIGHT send me some posters to frame I wouldnt bank on that income until you sent them to me.
  • I guess I was just stupid when I thought this meant the site would go up this week.

But no you're right...he doesn't owe me anything.

He doesn't owe anyone anything.

I'm not upset at him but you cocksuckers are sure pissing me off

give you a little smiley calm your ass down.

:):D:):D:)
  • alias75 wrote:
    Wow, this guy is something. Of course you are going to get it done right, after all he's got a family to feed.

Yes I will be holding up my part of the agreement, even though he told me that he is going to sell them, which is a shame but they are his to do with how he pleases, just like all his other "stuff"
  • Yes I will be holding up my part of the agreement, even though he told me that he is going to sell them, which is a shame but they are his to do with how he pleases, just like all his other "stuff"

Well you could always tell him to go with someone else if you don't agree with his methods, even if it is his "stuff." Tell him that Michael's offers a 50% discount on occasion and he could make even more on his prints if he went with their framing.
  • alias75 wrote:
    Well you could always tell him to go with someone else if you don't agree with his methods, even if it is his "stuff." Tell him that Michael's offers a 50% discount on occasion and he could make even more on his prints if he went with their framing.

No can do... it was part of the auction package that wishlist put together... I owe it to him.
  • No can do... it was part of the auction package that wishlist put together... I owe it to him.

Well I guess you have no choice, I wasn't aware of the contractual agreement.
    Yeah, if you twist it that way then it sure sounds like that is what i'm saying.

But it's wrong.

It's just good business.

But you're right 100%

jeeeeez

#7 if you are reading this ignore this person and keep doing what you are doing :)

now strangest.... why would you waste your weekend by the computer if you did not care if anything was ever sold. If you did not care you should have been at the beach.

The comparison you make with the poster trade or the framing from MF are not legit sorry.... cuz even if you are at the computer when the site is up odds are you will not get what you want so there is no gurantee, therefore if you do not send me a poster in a trade then you just stole my poster from me.... if you do not get a poster from BK then it is just bad luck.

Lastly...... one should not judge another charater especially if they do not really now that person who they are juddging. No promises were made, no date and time was set. people who were waiting never missed out on anything cuz mothing was planned.......... but there might be no end to this conversation.
  • KDH12 wrote:

yeah you're right...there's lots of "laid back" old geezers...my bad

laid back=I see you're too lazy to wipe your own ass
    the Minions
  • KDH12 wrote:
    #7 if you are reading this ignore this person and keep doing what you are doing :)

now strangest.... why would you waste your weekend by the computer if you did not care if anything was ever sold. If you did not care you should have been at the beach.

The comparison you make with the poster trade or the framing from MF are not legit sorry.... cuz even if you are at the computer when the site is up odds are you will not get what you want so there is no gurantee, therefore if you do not send me a poster in a trade then you just stole my poster from me.... if you do not get a poster from BK then it is just bad luck.

Lastly...... one should not judge another charater especially if they do not really now that person who they are juddging. No promises were made, no date and time was set. people who were waiting never missed out on anything cuz mothing was planned.......... but there might be no end to this conversation.

It's not that I 've wasted time at the computer all week. I've got a land-design project due for next week and I've been in front of this monitor all week and would have been anyway and will be in front of it for the better part of the next 2 days.

But I have been regularly checking the Artillery site (as well as this site) for word on the sale.

I know I'm not the only one waiting. You're waiting aren't you? I believe I've seen you here almost every night this week. Several others here as well. How many more lurking???

Maybe we're not wasting our time but just being "fans"

Speculating, curious.

And I do believe we all judge the character of people we do not know, ever been to a job interview? Don't give me that shit (I can't judge his character because I dont 'know him) that's crap!!!

If you don't treat your customer the way you'd want them to treat you it reflects poorly on your character.
    the Minions
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    It's not that I 've wasted time at the computer all week. I've got a land-design project due for next week and I've been in front of this monitor all week and would have been anyway and will be in front of it for the better part of the next 2 days.

But I have been regularly checking the Artillery site (as well as this site) for word on the sale.

I know I'm not the only one waiting. You're waiting aren't you? I believe I've seen you here almost every night this week. Several others here as well. How many more lurking???

Maybe we're not wasting our time but just being "fans"

Speculating, curious.

And I do believe we all judge the character of people we do not know, ever been to a job interview? Don't give me that shit (I can't judge his character because I dont 'know him) that's crap!!!

If you don't treat your customer the way you'd want them to treat you it reflects poorly on your character.

Dude maybe you need to go outside and take a break cause staring at that screen for so long is messing with ya :)
    I need a coffee!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    alias75 wrote:

I'm just sayin.

because he is a fraud. he doesnt cherish any of his autographs, he only hassles the nice people of the band and bk to sell their shit. any time an asshole asks for 30 autographs they should deny him. it is just fuggin ridiculous.

hopefully they catch on to this "hitchhiker" soon and cut him off
  • While Strangest Tribe is busy making valid points, others are fighting each other to be the first to hang off Brad's nuts. ;)
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • While Strangest Tribe is busy making valid points, others are fighting each other to be the first to hang off Brad's nuts. ;)

...Nice
    God Loves Pearl Jam
    While Strangest Tribe is busy making valid points, others are fighting each other to be the first to hang off Brad's nuts. ;)

classic! :D
    everyone relax...

at least you will soon have an opportunity to buy some of his art via his website. as it stands now you have to go through flippers or wait 3 years for the 10c to offer them

unless you want to deal with BK's sub contractor seattlebatman... lol! :)