Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    bostonlou wrote:
    just want to say i've dealt with seattlebatman and all was fine and he was cool... very nice actually...

same thing can be said about others we/I have met..... ;)

people tend to be quite different versus their online personas
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    so, when is this Bk site opening up?

what is the site name? artillery.com?

thanks
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    taper... when you talk to him next ask him if he's got any coke ;)

What makes you think he is going to share it with you guys if he not willing to share a few rails with some fun loving Burger King eating fatties! :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Hawkshore wrote:
    What makes you think he is going to share it with you guys if he not willing to share a few rails with some fun loving Burger King eating fatties! :)

ha! good point!

:D
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    same thing can be said about others we/I have met..... ;)

people tend to be quite different versus their online personas

yeah you're much more fun online... ;)

i had no idea you and santos were twins!!
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    bostonlou wrote:
    yeah you're much more fun online... ;)

i had no idea you and santos were twins!!

someone thought it was a good idea to get up early and be in line by 8 AM..... add heat/humidity and I tend to hate everyone even more....

and you were quite tame too.... wonder why that was?...... smooches
    wishlistfoundation.org
    someone thought it was a good idea to get up early and be in line by 8 AM..... add heat/humidity and I tend to hate everyone even more....

i made plenty of friends that night... although most of them cost $1 and came in a bottle

(this is good ammo for the quotes thread) :)
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385

the bro and myself got to aloha stadium at 11pm the night before the pj/u2 show, and there were like 100-200 people already camped out. so we spent a total of over 24 hours at the god forsaken stadium for 1 hour of pearl jamz. well worth it, since we got about 50 ft from the stage and a pretty nice klausen poster... :)
  • So I'm thinkin

Is it the purple Vic or the regular Vic that I buy off Seattlebatman?

;)
    the Minions
  • So I'm thinkin

Is it the purple Vic or the regular Vic that I buy off Seattlebatman?

;)

you should be thanking him for selling his posters on ebay at inflated prices ;)
  • Seriously though....

What do you guys think about this purple variant of the Vic? Is it inflated and going to go down eventually, or are the collectors uncertain what the market will be for this one and waiting for Artillery to go online to see what happens. There's only 100, right? Or are there unsigned purples also?
    the Minions
  • whistlewhistle Posts: 268
    So it turns out i kinda forgot about flatstock over the weekend... being in TO didn't have that much effect on me. But after reading 87pages it turned out it was quite the cluster f**k!
    Im not going to bring up any of the super hero discussions though... but i did see some posts hinting about brads site? was there anything said to anyone over the weekend?

also, did anyone pick up the new DD print... the set of 3?
    http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=whistle55&view=4

08/22/98 - 06/29/03 - 09/28/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/11/05 - 09/12/05 - 09/13/05 - 09/19/05 - 05/09/06 - 05/10/06 - 05/16/06 - 05/19/06 <-- best bday present ever! - 12/02/06
  • I think we still have maybe a week left before shipment, if they stay closer to the low end of the 4-6 week ship schedule.

But, then again, it might take longer for it to get to Antarctica. ;)

I am still waiting for my Euro Sub to arrive.....
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • gvn2fly12 wrote:
    I am still waiting for my Euro Sub to arrive.....

you should have gotten that by now

those went out early last month
    the Minions
  • I want to start off by saying thanks for all of the entertainment over the last few days and an extra thanks to some of you for sort of sticking up for me.

I know all of you are over me by now but I do not spend a lot of time online, so I have missed a few insults directed at me and would like to say a couple more things. I know this will fall on deaf ears but the person who talked about The Flight to Mars VIP CCFA event totally lied about what happened. It is true that I had a lot of items to get signed by Mike but I waited until the other 3 people were done before I asked him to autograph them for me because I knew it would take a little while to sign the 30 or so Lance Mercer photos that I brought with me. As a matter of fact, I had lunch today with Lance Mercer. Then Mike took the time to tell me about every photo. I know nobody cares but I have gotten autographs from Mike and the rest of the band on several occasions. I have every 7" lp, 12" lp and fan club 45 along with several other items signed by the entire band. Mike and Ed know me by name and always make it point to come over and sign autographs for me and talk to me for a few minutes. I bet most of you do not know that Ed is also an autograph collector. We have been at many of the same book signing here in Seattle.

I would also like to tell you who care how I get a lot of the Pearl Jam stuff both for my collection and to sell on Ebay. Fellow collectors contact me and ask me if I want to buy their entire collections because they need the money. There may be only one or two items that I need in their collection for my collection but I buy it anyway to help them out and to add to my collection and use the other stuff to either trade for more stuff or to sell it off to use the money to add to my Pearl Jam collection. That is how I got 3 copies of the Benaroya hall LP box set. I would NEVER sell anything that I do not have multiples of.

All of this makes me think of an old quote I read one time; I wish I could think of who said it.
    "It is senseless to argue with a moron, you will never win."

Sincerely,
    Seattlebatman

By the way that Youtube video with the football player was some really funny stuff, thanks for the one laugh in all of this
  • I want to start off by saying thanks for all of the entertainment over the last few days and an extra thanks to some of you for sort of sticking up for me.

I know all of you are over me by now but I do not spend a lot of time online, so I have missed a few insults directed at me and would like to say a couple more things. I know this will fall on deaf ears but the person who talked about The Flight to Mars VIP CCFA event totally lied about what happened. It is true that I had a lot of items to get signed by Mike but I waited until the other 3 people were done before I asked him to autograph them for me because I knew it would take a little while to sign the 30 or so Lance Mercer photos that I brought with me. As a matter of fact, I had lunch today with Lance Mercer. Then Mike took the time to tell me about every photo. I know nobody cares but I have gotten autographs from Mike and the rest of the band on several occasions. I have every 7" lp, 12" lp and fan club 45 along with several other items signed by the entire band. Mike and Ed know me by name and always make it point to come over and sign autographs for me and talk to me for a few minutes. I bet most of you do not know that Ed is also an autograph collector. We have been at many of the same book signing here in Seattle.

I would also like to tell you who care how I get a lot of the Pearl Jam stuff both for my collection and to sell on Ebay. Fellow collectors contact me and ask me if I want to buy their entire collections because they need the money. There may be only one or two items that I need in their collection for my collection but I buy it anyway to help them out and to add to my collection and use the other stuff to either trade for more stuff or to sell it off to use the money to add to my Pearl Jam collection. That is how I got 3 copies of the Benaroya hall LP box set. I would NEVER sell anything that I do not have multiples of.

All of this makes me think of an old quote I read one time; I wish I could think of who said it.

Sincerely,
    Seattlebatman

By the way that Youtube video with the football player was some really funny stuff, thanks for the one laugh in all of this

Translation... "ME ME ME, I I I I, Ed and I our friends, ME ME ME ME, I I I I, I know Mike well, ME ME ME, I I I I...."

*yawn
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07

As a matter of fact, I had lunch today with Lance Mercer. Then Mike took the time to tell me about every photo. I know nobody cares but I have gotten autographs from Mike and the rest of the band on several occasions. I have every 7" lp, 12" lp and fan club 45 along with several other items signed by the entire band. Mike and Ed know me by name and always make it point to come over and sign autographs for me and talk to me for a few minutes. I bet most of you do not know that Ed is also an autograph collector. We have been at many of the same book signing here in Seattle.

Sincerely,
    Seattlebatman

Ya know, I know you weren't the one paying the kids to stand in line, that was somebody else entirely...and I don't agree with selling Brad's posters for hundreds of $$$, making a profit off someone else's hard work -- the greediness that Brad talked about and the sense of entitlement that a lot of PJ fans seem to have, that the band or their employees "owe" them something. I cannot get my head around that....

However, I don't think that you, Seattlebatman, owe anyone here an explanation about what you choose to do. That's your gig and you do what you want...but honestly, you don't have to explain your motives to people on the Message Pit. I don't agree with poster flipping one bit or discovering a loophole to beat the system, but also don't agree with your feeling you have to explain. Quite simply, it's not our business.

However cool your collection is and how you acquire it might be a whole lot of fun, you kind of came across as bragging in trying to justify what you do. There is no need for you to do that either... Mike is an affable guy, and when I asked him to sign my copy of 5 x 1, he went through it telling stories about all the photos...In fact, I had to take the book away from him so that other people could have a few moments with him! He was all, "Just wait! There's another one in here..." And I think that's just the kind of guy he is, so I can completely understand why he would do that with your copies of photos.
    be philanthropic
  • In the end, I doubt anyone really gives 2 shits about this guy. Some people paint pictures to relax, others stalk artists/celebrities. To each his own.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
    In the end, I doubt anyone really gives 2 shits about this guy. Some people paint pictures to relax, others stalk artists/celebrities. To each his own.

funny.... when i want to relax i take 2 shits!!

oh and thanks for the link seattlebatman .... i didn't know rvm was your favorite song... hope you don't mind i share it here ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eY1fmuJBVh4
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I feel compelled to respond to all of the crap being said about me and my daughters. First, I am not a stalker, look up the definition of stalker. I am what is called an autograph collector. I do not care if you do not understand what this means. I love to meet famous people and get them to sign stuff for me. Next, I would like to say that I have over 400 posters in my collection, see expressobeans for proof. Of those about 360 are Pearl Jam. I also have about 125 framed on the walls of our house. If, as someone said you checkout my myspace page and look at the photos of my house you will see some of the framed posters on my walls from floor to ceiling throughout our entire house. These couple of photos of our house are just a sample, every room in our house is full of framed posters and autographed stuff. I am sure that my daughters are bigger fans of PJ than some of you are, they are 11 and 15 and have been to 10 shows already. I have been to 99 shows myself since 1992 and a fan club memeber for almost that long. I am sure that I have spent more money on buying posters for my collection either at shows, on Ebay or from other collectors than 99.99% of you. So when I have an opportunity to get a couple extra posters to get back some of the 10's of thousands of dollars I have spent on posters over the years, I do not see a problem with that. I am not greedy and start my auctions at $9.99 and let the market determine the value. I never put a buy it now price or a reserve. I also would not ever pay someone to trick Brad or anyone else into selling me more posters. The last time I checked we still live in a free society and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I see everyday people judging others and trying to force their opinions onto them. It is not right. We are all entitled to live our lives the way we see fit. We are all entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It does not say pursuit of what makes other people happy. Just because you do not agree with the way I do things is not my problem. I am not you. I also do not spend countless hours online in message rooms I have much better things to do with my life than sit around and gossip about people I do not know or have never met.
    Sincerely,
    Seattlebatman & my family

i rarely dip my toe into the poster world but tonight i thought i'd check.......for me this is a top ten post ever......all i can say is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PDKcX0Ji90

:eek: :D
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695

Sincerely,
    Seattlebatman

You're quite welcome.
    This weekend we rock Portland

Sincerely,
    Seattlebatman

SB

Just thinkin,

If you have a plethora of PJ autographed stuff why don't you offer some of it up as a peace offering to those who are buying your stuff off eBay.
    Like if someone buys a poster for more than double what you gave for it they get one of those many, many autographs you have collected. Most of us never happen upon Ed and the guys so you are certainly fortunate enough. Spread the joy that is Pearl Jam.

I believe it would balance your Karma.
    the Minions
    SB

Just thinkin,

If you have a plethora of PJ autographed stuff why don't you offer some of it up as a peace offering to those who are buying your stuff off eBay.
    Like if someone buys a poster for more than double what you gave for it they get one of those many, many autographs you have collected. Most of us never happen upon Ed and the guys so you are certainly fortunate enough. Spread the joy that is Pearl Jam.

I believe it would balance your Karma.

start with me shon... that way i can spread your good name :)
  • It was not my intention to come across as bragging. I feel extremely fortunate for every encounter with Ed, Mike, Jeff, Stone, Matt & both Daves. I cherish every autographed item I have ever gotten from the band. I really could not part with any of them but if I did Lou you would be one of the first in line.
  • lol, wow.
  • It was not my intention to come across as bragging. I feel extremely fortunate for every encounter with Ed, Mike, Jeff, Stone, Matt & both Daves. I cherish every autographed item I have ever gotten from the band. I really could not part with any of them but if I did Lou you would be one of the first in line.

30 autographs by Mike and you cherish every one of them, and why did you put Lou ahead of me ?

It was my idea :(
    the Minions

I could cancel my bid at the last minute;)
    the Minions
  • I love pearl jam but I cannot fathom why you would need 30 autographs from Mike...you have a problem and if I was ed and the boys I would want to know your name just so I could get a restraining order...
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    This is really getting boring now.....hopefully we'll get a poster sale this weekend to take away from all this shit :rolleyes:
    I need a coffee!
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    Irish Al wrote:
    This is really getting boring now.....hopefully we'll get a poster sale this weekend to take away from all this shit :rolleyes:

agreed, beating a dead horse into submission...

doubtful about a sale this weekend though, football's starting, and baseball is getting very interesting.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?