Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Biss wrote:
    Sorry guys,
    I didn't understand were he takes to posters...did Brad finally sold it by the Artillery site? If is it so I missed the comunication about it... :(

No he didn't get sell them on the site, he sold them at a poster convention :D
    I need a coffee!
  • BissBiss Posts: 255
    Ok, now I've understand... :)

We were not invited...
    00: Milan
    06: Verona, Milan, Pistoia
    07: Storm in Venice, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    08: Camden I, MSG I, MSG II, Hartford
    09: Berlin, Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    11: East Troy1, East Troy2, Montreal, Toronto1, Toronto2

Next Tour: everywere!
  • Anybody get the A/P Ames lolla's posters? I have not recv'd the two prints yet.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Anybody get the A/P Ames lolla's posters? I have not recv'd the two prints yet.

I think we still have maybe a week left before shipment, if they stay closer to the low end of the 4-6 week ship schedule.

But, then again, it might take longer for it to get to Antarctica. ;)
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."
    -The Duke
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    I think we still have maybe a week left before shipment, if they stay closer to the low end of the 4-6 week ship schedule.

i'd love to know what takes them so long...
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    OrangeBug wrote:
    I had a run in with seattlebatman...

seattlebatman, some other guy and myself were the platinum vip guests at the FTM show back in April. We were told that we would get one-on-one time with Mike and that we could get "one or two" small items signed as we talked him. So, seattlebatman was first and guess what, he brought a BOX of goodies to get signed by Mike. Probably around 30-40 items - posters - photos - books etc. Mike was great and signed all the items one-by-one. This took about 15-20 minutes which left about five minutes for the other guy and I to split. We all donated over $2000 each for the charity and the opportunity to hang and talk to Mike was the biggest part for me and seattlebatman took that away so he could get all his memorabilia signed. To flip or not I don't know but I thought it was a shitty, selfish thing to do to the other people that donated.

We all know seattlebatman is a major flipper and that sucks. but there is really not much wrong in selling something for more than you bought it for. I myself have sold a few posters in times of financial trouble. My real BIG problem is with the artificial market spike people are creating around these posters especially Brad's posters. Come on, $600 for a 6 month old poster from a relatively unknown artist. I am pretty sure that there are people intentionally escalating the bids on ebay to get these posters to these prices.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-Jam-U2-Hawaii-poster-12-9-06-Klausen-SIGNED-d_W0QQitemZ230163522258QQihZ013QQcategoryZ104990QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    His life. His karma.

this seattbatman seems like a REAL fucking asshole

why would mike sign all that shit? it is obvious what he did it for
    He has more than one Vic since we both went, and we have 4 lolla since we took the kids, So actually I am selling mine it's not his. And We have three Benaroya, I am pretty sure we don't need all of them.

Grow up

how about you grow up and stop using your children to help your asshole poster hoarding

nothing worse than using your fucking kids to flip posters

this shit has hit a new level. disgusting.
  • bostonlou wrote:
    i'd love to know what takes them so long...

It's a social experiment, to see just how lathered up we'll get before we storm their facilities, foaming from the mouth in our various states of posterlust
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."
    -The Duke
    If you wanted a poster so bad, then you should have purchased an airplane ticket and a $35 dollar Bumbershoot ticket, Rented a car and hotel to obtain them.We know a guy that flew out from Michigan just for Flatstock, he spent over $500 dollars in expenses plus whatever he spent on his posters, not once did I hear him bitching about how much he had to spend to obtain his posters. stop your freaking complaining, you have no idea what happened at Flatstock, And the person that Brad was talking about "paying kids to buy posters" was not Seattlebatman. It was a guy infront of him he had 4 kids that he brought to get the multiples. I mean honestly your pissed because you don't have some of those posters, and you cannot afford or don't want to pay the steep secondary market prices. I am the mother of those daughters you keep mentioning. And I can assure all of you that they were not paid to get posters, they were looking forward to the show, they also like seeing Brad, and they love Brad's work. Our oldest daughter has posters of her own, and both of the girls have numerous PJ prints framed on their bedroom walls, the oldest had written several papers on Eddie and turned them in for school projects, the youngest loves Jeff, You do not know our family therefore you have no right to judge. I cannot believe that you have nothing better to do with your time than sit on the message pit talking trash about people you do not know. You have no idea what it means to be a "collector" Seattebatman has collected more than 400 posters over the years, most of them Pearl Jam. He did not make up his expressobeans collection, it's the real deal. Most of you have no idea the dedication it takes to have a collection like that.
    Marie

good job... show your kids how to be big fans by hoarding posters and flip them in ebay for cash. teaching them profit by any means

good training if you want them to be pole dancers

not to mention your husband is a fucking fraud selling his vic ticket stub and wristband? there is not 1 fan i know of that would EVER sell that stub or wrist band. you are both frauds, and it is obvious
  • I think we still have maybe a week left before shipment, if they stay closer to the low end of the 4-6 week ship schedule.

ha, thanks
    God Loves Pearl Jam
    last question about seattlebatman, i promise

he has an uncut NEOCON signed set on ebay right now. how rare is this, and does this show that he knows BK well? how else could you get it? seems fishy the same guys kids are allowed to buy multiple posters while he was on a first name basis with BK

there was an entire NEOCON set signed on ebay last week. i asked the seller how he has signed NEOCONS and he said he is friends with BK and gets his stuff direct from BK

just throwing that out there
  • The SeattleBatman stalker family discussion is soooo last Monday.

And so is your DC thread, give yourself a chance to get it before pissing and moaning about it.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    my2hands wrote:
    last question about seattlebatman, i promise

he has an uncut NEOCON signed set on ebay right now. how rare is this, and does this show that he knows BK well? how else could you get it? seems fishy the same guys kids are allowed to buy multiple posters while he was on a first name basis with BK

there was an entire NEOCON set signed on ebay last week. i asked the seller how he has signed NEOCONS and he said he is friends with BK and gets his stuff direct from BK

just throwing that out there
    I believe SeattleAquaman has said that he hangs at the 10c offices and waits for Brad to leave and then gets him to sign stuff, so that would be my guess.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier wrote:
    I believe SeattleAquaman has said that he hangs at the 10c offices and waits for Brad to leave and then gets him to sign stuff, so that would be my guess.

he also tries to climb in the front seats of many celebrities cars. if they won't pose for a picture with him, he chases them down in his batmobile.
  • he also tries to climb in the front seats of many celebrities cars. if they won't pose for a picture with him, he chases them down in his batmobile.
    or shoots the Bat-Winch out of his Bat-UtilityBelt
    who has worried about making plans for saturday ??

:)
  • bostonlou wrote:

me, sort of. but i already have plans. if bk decides to try to sell posters then, so be it.

i know a certain superhero from the pacific northwest who has blocked of the rest of his week though...
    bostonlou wrote:

I'm probably screwed if its Saturday (and that is my assumption based upon history), but what can you do. Maybe my2hands will pick me up a Honolulu.
    he also tries to climb in the front seats of many celebrities cars. if they won't pose for a picture with him, he chases them down in his batmobile.
    Plus he acts on the side too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPRscxQZs8E&mode=related&search=
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    bostonlou wrote:

I am a little worried about the whole weekend cuz the cubs are only half game up and there is still 24 games to play......
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Poncier wrote:

classic!

it kinda looks like him too.
    KDH12 wrote:
    I am a little worried about the whole weekend cuz the cubs are only half game up and there is still 24 games to play......

we don't know what's that like in boston! ;)

just want to say i've dealt with seattlebatman and all was fine and he was cool... very nice actually...
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    me, sort of. but i already have plans. if bk decides to try to sell posters then, so be it.

i know a certain superhero from the pacific northwest who has blocked of the rest of his week though...

More super-villain than superhero IMO. Doesn't mean he's not personable.

par·a·site [par-uh-sahyt] –noun
    1. an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.
    2. a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.
    3. (in ancient Greece) a person who received free meals in return for amusing or impudent conversation, flattering remarks, etc.

[Origin: 1530–40; < L parasītus < Gk parásītos
    one who eats at another's table

—Synonyms 2. sycophant, toady, leech, sponge, hanger-on.
  • Heath Ledger is playing the Joker in the new Batman movie....a gay cowboy as the joker...Boo
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • This is turing into the Beanie Baby crazy of the late 90's. The real question is....will posters go the way of Beanie Babies and eventually become completely worthless (outside of pre-2000 posters). I'm not saying this is what will happen but the whole bringing the kids thing to get around limits is reminding me of that.
  • bostonlou wrote:
    we don't know what's that like in boston! ;)

just want to say i've dealt with seattlebatman and all was fine and he was cool... very nice actually...

BotsonLou is really BostonRobin in disguise, I knew it!!!

;)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I was thinking about this ...

Is it possible they stretched this to over a year to make those that weren't really in it as PJ fans to pay 2x 10c fees?

Probably a bit too calculated ... but, just a thought.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    BotsonLou is really BostonRobin in disguise, I knew it!!!

;)

curses!!

hey was it you or pjtaper that said they would knock my teeth out?

i was going to bring it up when he said he wasn't a tough guy but i wasn't sure which it was? ;)
  • This is turing into the Beanie Baby crazy of the late 90's. The real question is....will posters go the way of Beanie Babies and eventually become completely worthless (outside of pre-2000 posters). I'm not saying this is what will happen but the whole bringing the kids thing to get around limits is reminding me of that.

sooner or later the speculators will make their money, break even, or cut their loses leaving the "real" collectors with some deflated prices that'll help them get posters cheaper

but the rock art poster scene has been around 40+ years and as long as there's artists and music there'll be gay jokers and stalking batmen (not that there's anything wrong with them)

not the same as the Beanie Babies where there was literally millions produced and everyone thought they had something special but didn't. And that's why there should never be second printings of rock art posters.
    the Minions
  • bostonlou wrote:
    curses!!

hey was it you or pjtaper that said they would knock my teeth out?

i was going to bring it up when he said he wasn't a tough guy but i wasn't sure which it was? ;)

taper... when you talk to him next ask him if he's got any coke ;)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07