Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Does the number on a poster make a difference on its value?

Question is for insurance purposes only;)

I have a #2/225 Klausens South America poster A/P
    I think most collectors prefer lower numbers... KEEP THAT PRINT, its a beauty!
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    jimed14 wrote:
    fyi ... for anyone who liked Burlesque's latest run of Arcade Fire posters ... they are going to sell them in sets tomorrow (11/7)
    cerebus wrote:
    All sold out. Another dent in the CC.

Arcade Fire's website sold them individually a couple of weeks ago. I think someone posted it here as well.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • jimed14 wrote:
    fyi ... for anyone who liked Burlesque's latest run of Arcade Fire posters ... they are going to sell them in sets tomorrow (11/7)

http://omgposters.com/2007/11/06/arcade-fire-poster-sets-by-burlesque-design-onsale-info/

Had them in my cart but then when I went through to log into PayPal I got a 'Certificate Expired' message - this has happen a few times in the past with PayPal. Anyone know if its an IE7 issue? I'm also using Norton 360. Needless to say I missed out on the posters :( Anyone got any ideas?
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    jimed14 wrote:
    question for you on that ...

I originally assumed all of the klausen sales were A/P ... but, seeing as it stated #12/350, I'm guessing it's a signed and numbered 1st edition. guess he posted on BRY that he did s/n the first 50 of teh first edition

I'm not even sure there actually *is* an A/P run

is that your take?

was yours 13/350?

From what I have read, only the first 50 are signed and numbered.... But I have no idea if this is correct.... Help, number 7?
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • GR8Dane wrote:
    From what I have read, only the first 50 are signed and numbered.... But I have no idea if this is correct.... Help, number 7?

From what I understand, Brad keeps everything from 1 through 10 and the rest are sold as A/Ps. And that is on all of his prints. As for the SA print run? Im sure there is more than just 50 floating around.
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • jimed14 wrote:
    it's been discussed on e-beans quite a bit ... overall, I'd say no ...

There was an artist mentioned (can't remember who) that actually "ranks" the quality of the print, then puts the best at 1, and numbers sequentially ... then, I'd say yes ...

otherwise, I'm not so certain.

#2 of 225 doesn't mean it was the 2nd printed or it's the 2nd best ... just means it was the 2nd signed.

I have #12 of 350 for Showbox ... can't imagine it's low number has too much significance ....

actually, I should say, masterframeer has #12 of 350 of showbox, but he should be framing it and sending it back to me eventually.

Thanks.

I really didn't think there would be any significant difference in value but I've been told that most artists keep #1's for whatever reason making #2's desirable. I've also been told that #1's are usually twice value while #2's still cary a 1.5X value (i'm sure there's a joke in here somewhere).

I'm not selling it but getting a frame and want to make sure the number and sig are visible.
    the Minions
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Thanks.

I really didn't think there would be any significant difference in value but I've been told that most artists keep #1's for whatever reason making #2's desirable. I've also been told that #1's are usually twice value while #2's still cary a 1.5X value (i'm sure there's a joke in here somewhere).

I'm not selling it but getting a frame and want to make sure the number and sig are visible.

for the record, I am in NO WAY an authority on this ... good to poke around ebeans for your 1.5x theory ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    Thanks.

I think that it would cool to get the last # in the edition. For instance 150/150 but that has never happened to me not yet anyway.

I got to Emek prints today one was close 145/150 and the other was not #'d it just said AP with a peace sign ????? that was wierd.
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • KDH12 wrote:
    I think that it would cool to get the last # in the edition. For instance 150/150 but that has never happened to me not yet anyway.

I got to Emek prints today one was close 145/150 and the other was not #'d it just said AP with a peace sign ????? that was wierd.

Was it "Unnatural Resources" the A/P with the peace sign???

that's how mine came
    the Minions
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    Was it "Unnatural Resources" the A/P with the peace sign???

that's how mine came

why yes it was

good to know that I was not the only one ;)

it is a little annoying cuz now we have no idea how many AP's there are

I bought it from him directly and he said it was the last one.
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I have an A/P from EMEK .. it's a Decemberists A/P .... but it is numbered ... 16/25

(should state of 24, as, one of them was on the floor all jacked up, don't think that will ever be sold).
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • KDH12 wrote:
    why yes it was

good to know that I was not the only one ;)

it is a little annoying cuz now we have no idea how many AP's there are

I bought it from him directly and he said it was the last one.

I bought mine from him about 6 months ago he said he only had a few left then.
    the Minions
    From what I understand, Brad keeps everything from 1 through 10 and the rest are sold as A/Ps. And that is on all of his prints. As for the SA print run? Im sure there is more than just 50 floating around.

Well this is in the EB description for the poster....

On BRY (6/16/05) Brad said the 50 S/N he is selling are the first 50 of the print run. The rest were sold at the venue and later by 10c.

• cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    Read on EB that (very) limited edition Isis and Boris prints went via a 'garage sale' today. Anyone lucky enough to pick one up?
    cerebus wrote:
    Read on EB that (very) limited edition Isis and Boris prints went via a 'garage sale' today. Anyone lucky enough to pick one up?

NO... sure wish I was one of the lucky ones though.... There were only two of the Isis, and one of the Boris PP.

GR8Dane wrote:
    NO... sure wish I was one of the lucky ones though.... There were only two of the Isis, and one of the Boris PP.

I just can't seem to get on to their mailing list with any consistency. I'm on for one, then off for two, or that's what it seems.
  • jjbehrenjjbehren Posts: 167
    cerebus wrote:
    I just can't seem to get on to their mailing list with any consistency. I'm on for one, then off for two, or that's what it seems.

You should try getting on artillery's mailing list...:)

I never did receive any emails from that one, not that it mattered in the end.
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=6105

6/26/98, 6/30/98, 6/13/99, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 6/15/03, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/26/06, 6/27/06
    jjbehren wrote:
    You should try getting on artillery's mailing list...:)

I never did receive any emails from that one, not that it mattered in the end.

any luck on the BoNA sale?

• cerebus wrote:

I got the Boris...

I don't know how. When I clicked purchase it was there with the Arcade Fire prints, so I said wtf and bought it. It was $50.

Now I'll have to see if I can get into that band.
    the Minions
    I got the Boris...

I don't know how. When I clicked purchase it was there with the Arcade Fire prints, so I said wtf and bought it. It was $50.

That is not the one we are talking about. They sold a Printers Proof numbered out of twelve last night along with some other things.

• GR8Dane wrote:
    That is not the one we are talking about. They sold a Printers Proof numbered out of twelve last night along with some other things.

Well then I don't understand...which is it? You say there was 12 last night

cerebus says the sale was today. was it last night or today?

before that you said there was only 2 Isis and 1 Boris.

I'm confused.

What did I buy and why was it in my cart with the AF prints?
    the Minions
    KDH12 wrote:

I have a few that are the last in the run, (Klausen NJ 100/100, 99/100 for Toronto) and such. I think it is kind of cool, but I dont care as long as I get the poster I'm after.

Well then I don't understand...which is it? You say there was 12 last night

cerebus says the sale was today. was it last night or today?

before that you said there was only 2 Isis and 1 Boris.

I'm confused.

What did I buy and why was it in my cart with the AF prints?

This is what came from BoNA......

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
    De La Soul once prophecized that "Life can get all up in yo ass, baby YOU betta work it out." So in an attempt to work life out of our collective ass for the moment, we've dug deep into our archives to pull out some real treasures. We have 11 very hard-to-find posters up for grabs, all available on a first-come-first-served basis.

If you are interested in purchasing any of the posters listed below, please email us startinnnnnnng NOW at burlesqueorders@gmail.com with the subject line "GARAGE SALE." We will write you back (expect to hear back starting at 10:00AM Wednesday morning, Minneapolis time) regarding the availability of your selected poster(s), at which point you will have 24 hours to send us a Paypal payment. And now with no further ado, here is THE LIST:

$200 EACH:
    PELICAN (Aaron Horkey) Horseshoe crab design, #15/190
    NEUROSIS (Aaron Horkey) Grey paper / Red flames. Uncut sheet with 2 full posters. 1 of 5. Signed but not numbered
    ATMOSPHERE (Wes Winship) Seven nights in the 7th Street Entry. AP 6/10
    ARCADE FIRE (Wes Winship) Complete Spring 2007 set (4 posters), all #27.

$100 EACH:
    ISIS (Aaron Horkey) on whitewash, #48/71
    ISIS (Aaron Horkey) on whitewash, #27/71
    BORIS (Aaron Horkey) on yellow paper, Printer's Proof (PP) #9/12
    ARCADE FIRE (George Thompson) Skull Lady design, AP (not numbered otherwise)
    NEUROSIS (Aaron Horkey) Purple paper / Pink flames. #27/300

$50 EACH:
    CREATURE (Todd Bratrud), #27/550
    ISIS (Aaron Horkey) on red paper, #27/280

The e-mail came last night at about 6pm. You got what you ordered..... I cant answer that for ya.

• cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    I got the Boris...

You're referring to the yellow edition I assume? It took awhile at first but I think it's a really cool poster now, including the stock color. Just couldn't drop $50 at the time for it.

As for Boris, check out Akuma No Uta. It's good chit.
    cc10106 wrote:
    You're referring to the yellow edition I assume? It took awhile at first but I think it's a really cool poster now, including the stock color. Just couldn't drop $50 at the time for it.

As for Boris, check out Akuma No Uta. It's good chit.

I love the poster, and cannot wait to see the blue version!

GR8Dane wrote:

$100 EACH:
    ISIS (Aaron Horkey) on whitewash, #48/71
    ISIS (Aaron Horkey) on whitewash, #27/71
    BORIS (Aaron Horkey) on yellow paper, Printer's Proof (PP) #9/12
    ARCADE FIRE (George Thompson) Skull Lady design, AP (not numbered otherwise)
    NEUROSIS (Aaron Horkey) Purple paper / Pink flames. #27/300

The first three out of this list would have been the targets for me.
  • I got the Boris Printer's Proof. Just happened to check my email last night before heading to bed and saw the Garage Sale email. It had only been 10 minutes or so, so what the heck, emailed regarding the Isis and Boris prints, got to work this morning, and saw the reply that I could get the Boris print but the Isis prints were already taken.

I'm satisfied! :D

PP 9/12....can't beat that.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • jjbehrenjjbehren Posts: 167
    GR8Dane wrote:
    any luck on the BoNA sale?

Unfortunately no. Didn't see it until a couple hours after the email was sent. Tried for the Whitewash Isis, but obviously missed it.

I think the confusion regarding sales is this:

Last nigh BONA sent out an email reminding people of the Arcade Fire sale that took place today. Included in that email was an "act now" sale, first come first served, for a bunch of older/rare stuff they dug up (list posted above).

Then today the AF poster sets were sold (which I did pick up). I guess they put up a few more Boris Yellow prints today too. I did not notice that.
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=6105

6/26/98, 6/30/98, 6/13/99, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 6/15/03, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/26/06, 6/27/06
  • ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 250
    was just on Artillery browsing around and i found a Copenhagen 07 for sale! added it to the cart then it said sold out. Also noticed Prague was up for sale - wasnt it sold out previously? Maybe BK is slowly selling them 1 by 1 - who knows? maybe someone will get lucky and snag a DC or Easy St
    Previously known as Elzar
    ZAPPER wrote:
    was just on Artillery browsing around and i found a Copenhagen 07 for sale! added it to the cart then it said sold out. Also noticed Prague was up for sale - wasnt it sold out previously? Maybe BK is slowly selling them 1 by 1 - who knows? maybe someone will get lucky and snag a DC or Easy St

That's how I got my Portland poster. It just showed up for sale one day, not in one of the two main releases.