Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Thanks. I gave up my '97 Oakland Ames Elephants. It had a lot of roll bends, but it will look fine framed. I have 2 other posters from those shows already framed, which is the only reason I let that one go. Despite the damage I think the person I traded with will be very happy. I sent him pictures so he knows what to expect.

This is only the 3rd time I've traded away a poster for a show I'd been to and it always makes me kinda verklempt. I need professional help! ;)

Peace,
    KJ

Yea, you offered me that print too, and it was very tempting. The only reason I didn't take it myself is because I really want that Hawaii Klausen :p. I can't imagine that person not being happy!

Again, congrats on getting the DC.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Wow, sounds like you guys and a few others really lucked out, right time right place. Even if I had been aware of it I probably would have balked at the $540 bucks. That's a lotta lettuce to shell out all at once.

btw, got a DC on it's way. Can't wait! These boards need a cartwheels emoticon but for now :D

Peace,
    KJ
    Very glad you finally got one! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    yosi wrote:
    Yea, you offered me that print too, and it was very tempting. The only reason I didn't take it myself is because I really want that Hawaii Klausen :p. I can't imagine that person not being happy!

Again, congrats on getting the DC.

i feel you on the wanting the Hawaii I just got one in a trade and will not let go sorry but it is a great poster.

However I want the DC too...... really bad

it will be intersting to see what happens to the hawaii (both in value and availability) knowing now that 10C won't sell it
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    KDH12 wrote:
    i feel you on the wanting the Hawaii I just got one in a trade and will not let go sorry but it is a great poster.

However I want the DC too...... really bad

it will be intersting to see what happens to the hawaii (both in value and availability) knowing now that 10C won't sell it

Well, good luck getting one! Sometimes I wish that there were more of these printed because I really care a lot more about the artwork than the monetary value.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    yosi wrote:
    Well, good luck getting one! Sometimes I wish that there were more of these printed because I really care a lot more about the artwork than the monetary value.

Yeah I agree with u....its not going to make the Artist wealthy limiting quantity.........The Artist doesn't gain anything by the price increasing after the poster has been sold. So wouldnt it be better to print and sell more and the Artist to make more money..

I really love the Hawaii because of its surf theme not because I could sell it to somewhere that has money to spend on posters..

Is it correct the 10c are not selling the Hawaii at all?
    Has that ever happened with posters b4 where the 10c havent sold them?
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    something to make taper's head explode (and those that don't understand the poster craze) ... one of the EMEK PJ prints on the bay right now .... didn't take long for that to shoot over a grand.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    More masterful framing by the MasterFramer......

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r138/Toddpix/Posters/DSCN2298.jpg

Thanks again G! You make my house look soooo much nicer!

C'ya soon.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
    GR8Dane wrote:

C'ya soon.

We need a close up pic of the the two mats with print :)

Ahhh G! getting a little jealous here ;)
    You asked for it... you got it..... Lovin the silver!

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r138/Toddpix/DSCN2299.jpg

Now if I could just learn how to use the damn camera!

• jimed14 wrote:
    something to make taper's head explode (and those that don't understand the poster craze) ... one of the EMEK PJ prints on the bay right now .... didn't take long for that to shoot over a grand.

Those are not legitimate bids... look at the bidding history. I saw the same thing happen to LizardKings Easy Street before he had his troubles.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • GR8Dane wrote:

If you put it some where that has more light then the flash wont be as necessary and the camera will focus better :) I forgot to take pictures of that one :(
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    GR8Dane wrote:

C'ya soon.
    Looks nice. Doesn't match the red wall though, time to repaint the house. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    GR8Dane wrote:

Thanks for the detail I wanted to see it up close looks great
    fyi ... for anyone who liked Burlesque's latest run of Arcade Fire posters ... they are going to sell them in sets tomorrow (11/7)

http://omgposters.com/2007/11/06/arcade-fire-poster-sets-by-burlesque-design-onsale-info/

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    jimed14 wrote:
    fyi ... for anyone who liked Burlesque's latest run of Arcade Fire posters ... they are going to sell them in sets tomorrow (11/7)

http://omgposters.com/2007/11/06/arcade-fire-poster-sets-by-burlesque-design-onsale-info/

If anyone wants just the West Coast and the Red Rocks

let me know I have a pair to trade/sell
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • jimed14 wrote:

This is a good deal.

Plus..they announce their sales like professionals instead of like these jacklegs around here.

Yeah...I'm bitter:)
    the Minions
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    This is a good deal.

Plus..they announce their sales like professionals instead of like these jacklegs around here.

Yeah...I'm bitter:)

such as artillery ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    jimed14 wrote:

All sold out. Another dent in the CC.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    such as artillery ?

Yes sometimes I think Klausen and SLH are evil twins out to get me:D
    the Minions
  • cerebus wrote:

Yeah they went fast but the site didn't crash did it?

That sight crash excuse....lame

btw...I know BK's site crashed I'm referring to this one (10c).

Everyone is saying the poster sales went unannounced bcause they were afraid the site would crash.
    the Minions
    Yeah they went fast but the site didn't crash did it?

That sight crash excuse....lame

btw...I know BK's site crashed I'm referring to this one.

It didn't crash as far as could see. Everything went through relatively smoothly.
    cerebus wrote:

I passed ... the Red Rocks and West Coast were the only two I liked, scored those through the AF website ...

Not digging the other two ... even if you cut that 2 sided one up as instructed ...

jimed14 wrote:
    I passed ... the Red Rocks and West Coast were the only two I liked, scored those through the AF website ...

Not digging the other two ... even if you cut that 2 sided one up as instructed ...

i snagged those also ... thought they were cool

but they failed the wife's approval test somehow

so if anyone wants to buy em ... let me know

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/stock.php?id=62512
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/stock.php?id=62511
    bostonlou wrote:
    i snagged those also ... thought they were cool

but they failed the wife's approval test somehow

so if anyone wants to buy em ... let me know

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/stock.php?id=62512
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/stock.php?id=62511

uh oh ... starting to get the thumbs down from the wife when it comes to non-pj posters ... only a matter of time before she invades the rest of the collection ;)

Just slap them on ebay and make a little profit ... the red rocks one is only out of 440 or so ... a bit more limited then the previous ones.

jimed14 wrote:
    uh oh ... starting to get the thumbs down from the wife when it comes to non-pj posters ... only a matter of time before she invades the rest of the colelction ;)

Just slap them on ebay and make a little profit ... the red rocks one is only out of 440 or so ... a bit more limited then the previous ones.

I used to run all the poster purchases past my wife, but she vetoed so many that I gave up doing it.

She does get a little suspicious by the constant stream of cardboard tubes through the door though.
  • Does the number on a poster make a difference on its value?

Question is for insurance purposes only;)

I have a #2/225 Klausens South America poster A/P
    the Minions
    Does the number on a poster make a difference on its value?

Question is for insurance purposes only;)

I have a #2/225 Klausens South America poster A/P

it's been discussed on e-beans quite a bit ... overall, I'd say no ...

There was an artist mentioned (can't remember who) that actually "ranks" the quality of the print, then puts the best at 1, and numbers sequentially ... then, I'd say yes ...

otherwise, I'm not so certain.

#2 of 225 doesn't mean it was the 2nd printed or it's the 2nd best ... just means it was the 2nd signed.

I have #12 of 350 for Showbox ... can't imagine it's low number has too much significance ....

actually, I should say, masterframeer has #12 of 350 of showbox, but he should be framing it and sending it back to me eventually.

jimed14 wrote:
    uh oh ... starting to get the thumbs down from the wife when it comes to non-pj posters ... only a matter of time before she invades the rest of the collection ;)

first i have to get unbanned on ebay ;)
    jimed14 wrote:
    it's been discussed on e-beans quite a bit ... overall, I'd say no ...

There was an artist mentioned (can't remember who) that actually "ranks" the quality of the print, then puts the best at 1, and numbers sequentially ... then, I'd say yes ...

otherwise, I'm not so certain.

#2 of 225 doesn't mean it was the 2nd printed or it's the 2nd best ... just means it was the 2nd signed.

I have #12 of 350 for Showbox ... can't imagine it's low number has too much significance ....

actually, I should say, masterframeer has #12 of 350 of showbox, but he should be framing it and sending it back to me eventually.

Your one better than me.... I got #13, and soon MasterFramer will have it as well.....

GR8Dane wrote:
    Your one better than me.... I got #13, and soon MasterFramer will have it as well.....

question for you on that ...

I originally assumed all of the klausen sales were A/P ... but, seeing as it stated #12/350, I'm guessing it's a signed and numbered 1st edition. guess he posted on BRY that he did s/n the first 50 of teh first edition

I'm not even sure there actually *is* an A/P run

is that your take?

was yours 13/350?