Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    never saw it, never heard of it

I never heard of it either, which is why I was so curious. I definitely would be down for one though... It would certainly save a lot of hassle. :D
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    a sub?
    a sub?

I believe it stands for subscription. You sign up for one, and then the artist sends you all the prints in the subscription. For example, Dan McCarthy has a yearly subscription where you pay $300 and then get a new print each months. Ames has been doing subscriptions for tours, and I believe you get all their prints for the tour at once. So if Klausen did a subscription for a tour, you'd either get each print for their tour after each show, or all at once. Also, generally prints from a sub are A/P.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong or missing something.
  • He put up a classifide add on gigposters at like 2:00 am and sold 50 subs for the europe 06. It was well before the tour got started.
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • yosi wrote:
    I believe it stands for subscription. You sign up for one, and then the artist sends you all the prints in the subscription. For example, Dan McCarthy has a yearly subscription where you pay $300 and then get a new print each months. Ames has been doing subscriptions for tours, and I believe you get all their prints for the tour at once. So if Klausen did a subscription for a tour, you'd either get each print for their tour after each show, or all at once. Also, generally prints from a sub are A/P.

You are correct. The best part is most of the time you get bonus or test prints (also s/n). Although on the last Ames and the one Klausen sub you didnt get any extras.
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    yosi wrote:

I see. that's pretty damn sweet. thanks.
  • jjbehrenjjbehren Posts: 167
    He put up a classifide add on gigposters at like 2:00 am and sold 50 subs for the europe 06. It was well before the tour got started.

Yes, this is what happened. He did sell a sub.

Edit: And he seems to have a thing for surprise late-night offerings. You must have insomnia to score anything from him.
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=6105

6/26/98, 6/30/98, 6/13/99, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 6/15/03, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/26/06, 6/27/06
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Posters from the auction at the Legacy AIC show last night....

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r138/Toddpix/DSCN2292.jpg
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • GR8Dane wrote:

these are awesome...details please
    the Minions
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    GR8Dane wrote:

Well done, very nice.
    Love the table cloth.;)
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • GR8Dane wrote:

Those are pretty damn cool mang! Congrats!
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    C'mon now.... Don't be bashin' the wifes favorite tablecloth.... (I hate it....)

Alice in Chains played a benefit at Benaroya last night for Childrens Hospital (where my wife works) with the Settle Symphony, and Northwest girls choir. Incredible show that included Ann, and Nancy Wilson of Heart, the original drummer from Santana, Michael Shrieve. (Youngest guy to play at Woodstock.) Andre Feriante, a virtuoso guitarist. Taylor Carol, 12 year old cancer survivor that came out and sang. Just an incredible event that raised money for a great place!!!!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    GR8Dane wrote:

FYI for those who are interested, the bugs are for sale for $50 each on http://lonestarposters.com/stock/

Personally I see enough of these same critters around my yard, don't want them in the house! ;) (price of living in the desert)

Peace,
    KJ
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    GR8Dane wrote:

someone wrote all over them ;)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    The more I think about how this was done the more red assed I get about it.

Oh well it's the weekend and my girlfriend and her lesbo friend are coming over.

:D:D:D

trade?

DC for the lesbo

let me know
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Klausen never sold a sub...

like others said... it was on gigposters and posted on bry out of the blue

luckily i got one of the last ones in the morning

may have been more than 50 though

that's how i have a dc ap
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • bostonlou wrote:

And the cincy ;)
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    bostonlou wrote:
    trade?

DC for the lesbo

let me know

LMAO.....that sounds a good trade...:p
    bostonlou wrote:

So then how come you don't have Hawaii or a bunch of others? Not trying to be a dick, just curious to how the sub worked. Or did you trade and sell them?
  • QballQball Posts: 283
    yosi wrote:
    So then how come you don't have Hawaii or a bunch of others? Not trying to be a dick, just curious to how the sub worked. Or did you trade and sell them?
    Klausen sold the sub of a North American 06 sub of Cinci, Chicago, Denver, DC,LA, Gorge, New Jersey, Portland, Toronto for $540 ($60/poster+shipping). The Hawaii was not in the sub because that show was added later and was not part of the 2 NA legs in 06. Also he didn't sell them through BRY. Only through gigposters.com There was an announcement on BRY but no actual sale. He put these on sale sometime very early in the morning. (3 a.m. EST I think) Luckily start work early in the a.m. so I got one.
    Qball wrote:
    Klausen sold the sub of a North American 06 sub of Cinci, Chicago, Denver, DC,LA, Gorge, New Jersey, Portland, Toronto for $540 ($60/poster+shipping). The Hawaii was not in the sub because that show was added later and was not part of the 2 NA legs in 06. Also he didn't sell them through BRY. Only through gigposters.com There was an announcement on BRY but no actual sale. He put these on sale sometime very early in the morning. (3 a.m. EST I think) Luckily start work early in the a.m. so I got one.

Ah. Thanks very much for the clarification.
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    Anyone pick up the Kawasaki print yesterday?
  • yosi wrote:

Perhaps it was not part of the sub? That Hawaii show wasnt "announced" until the tour was nearly over right?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • bostonlou wrote:

Well Im glad you grabbed one then ;)
    Perhaps it was not part of the sub? That Hawaii show wasnt "announced" until the tour was nearly over right?

Yea, it sounds like thats the case.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    cerebus wrote:
    Anyone pick up the Kawasaki print yesterday?
    I forgot. My bad. Curious as to how many will be printed.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Qball wrote:

Wow, sounds like you guys and a few others really lucked out, right time right place. Even if I had been aware of it I probably would have balked at the $540 bucks. That's a lotta lettuce to shell out all at once.

btw, got a DC on it's way. Can't wait! These boards need a cartwheels emoticon but for now :D

Peace,
    KJ
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Wow, sounds like you guys and a few others really lucked out, right time right place. Even if I had been aware of it I probably would have balked at the $540 bucks. That's a lotta lettuce to shell out all at once.

btw, got a DC on it's way. Can't wait! These boards need a cartwheels emoticon but for now :D

Peace,
    KJ

Hell yea! That's awesome and congrats on the DC. Hope you didn't give up too much for it! :D
    yosi wrote:
    Hell yea! That's awesome and congrats on the DC. Hope you didn't give up too much for it! :D

Thanks. I gave up my '97 Oakland Ames Elephants. It had a lot of roll bends, but it will look fine framed. I have 2 other posters from those shows already framed, which is the only reason I let that one go. Despite the damage I think the person I traded with will be very happy. I sent him pictures so he knows what to expect.

This is only the 3rd time I've traded away a poster for a show I'd been to and it always makes me kinda verklempt. I need professional help! ;)

Peace,
    KJ
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    kj1nyr wrote:

Peace,
    KJ

Pleased u got a DC....Cant wait to see pics of it framed and hanging next to your other gems....:)