Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Actually, the Ames Hawaii is going for upwards of $200 unsigned.

Indeed ... and if I didn't get a dusseldorf from this sale ... I would have traded my Ames Hawaii for an unsigned Dusseldorf (about $150 on ebay) and had no concerns what so ever about the perceived value I left on the table.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    KDH12 wrote:
    Not to brake your heart but if I had to guess I think that Emek will only be selling the Coachella vairents via his site, the reg edition was sold at the festival.... but that is just a hunch.......

and I am not to fond of the varients of this one, at least I got a regular at no charge :)
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/63651

so, there was an e-bay auction for this. that was ended by the seller ... assume there was a deal done off line ... waiting to see if details come of how much that was for.

I agree, the original does look better then the variant in this case ... and I agree ... I still want one of the varinats :)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Actually, Hawaii was $35.
    Thats why I said I believe, cause in the back of my head I thought I remembered it being more. Must have been the import tariff 10c had to pay. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • so these posters that sold for $25 at the shows....

are now being sold for 4X that amount on the artists website?????

and there are people here who dont think he will keep on releasing them????

what am i missing here???

if im the artist i would be laughing all the fucking way to the bank....

Just a thought, $25 at show doesn't count the $125 you spent for the 2 tickets to get in. The artist sign and number ones are always worth more, but I agree I spend alot of money on paper and ink, but hell isn't money just paper and ink?
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Lizardking wrote:
    Just a thought, $25 at show doesn't count the $125 you spent for the 2 tickets to get in. The artist sign and number ones are always worth more, but I agree I spend alot of money on paper and ink, but hell isn't money just paper and ink?

Thanks Lizardking....

I will tell that one to my wife. Hopefully it works!!! Posters have a lower print run than cash as well!!!!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • GR8Dane wrote:
    Thanks Lizardking....

I will tell that one to my wife. Hopefully it works!!! Posters have a lower print run than cash as well!!!!

Tell her.."I won't ask what you did in Europe for a month, you don't ask why the Creditcard has a $500 charge going to some Artillary web page"....And good luck with that!!
    Lizardking

Lizardking wrote:
    Tell her.."I won't ask what you did in Europe for a month, you don't ask why the Creditcard has a $500 charge going to some Artillary web page"....And good luck with that!!

uhhhh... that was the first card......

• GR8Dane wrote:
    uhhhh... that was the first card......

:o I have a couch for you!!
    Lizardking

• kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    bostonlou wrote:
    if your firehouse isn't framed and sitting on the wall in a game room then it's a damn shame!!

any firehouse that it

that's why you or kj1nyr is going to hook me up! :)

In your dreams babe, in your dreams. :)
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    That's why I got one from e-bay, I didn't know he would be selling them direct either.

I haven't had much luck with the mass e-mail method, make that any luck...

Missed out on QOTSA Berlin/Koln and also Decemberists and also 10K Lakes...

But I did get the europe art show posters direct from him and a while back I just wrote him direct and got a few by just asking if there were any hanging around... QOTSA Detroit/Engine and QOTSA Albuquerque/Spider

That's how I got my Emek art show print as well, just by asking. But I'm also 0 for 1000 on the email sales. Had much better luck with Hampton and Klausen.
    KDH12 wrote:
    Not to brake your heart but if I had to guess I think that Emek will only be selling the Coachella vairents via his site, the reg edition was sold at the festival.... but that is just a hunch.......

and I am not to fond of the varients of this one, at least I got a regular at no charge :)
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/63651

Variants are nice! :)
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    so these posters that sold for $25 at the shows....

are now being sold for 4X that amount on the artists website?????

and there are people here who dont think he will keep on releasing them????

what am i missing here???

if im the artist i would be laughing all the fucking way to the bank....

But dont flippers sell then 4x the amount the artist sells them for..so wouldnt they the flippers be the ones that are laughing all the way to the bank...;)

After all its the Artists work so he can sell it for what he wants too.........:)
  • aus_suz wrote:
    But dont flippers sell then 4x the amount the artist sells them for..so wouldnt they the flippers be the ones that are laughing all the way to the bank...;)

After all its the Artists work so he can sell it for what he wants too.........:)

if brad klausen wants to charge $800 for a poster.....i say all the power to him!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    if brad klausen wants to charge $800 for a poster.....i say all the power to him!!!!!!

ditto...........:) and so he should...
  • If anyone is interested or even cares, Arnheim lion gone from goods section.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Curious to see if anyone has framed a Vic yet...
    I'm looking for ideas....

Thanks!
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    Anyone here picked up anything from a British artist named Antony Micallef? UK collectors seem to be very big on him at the moment. He has four (pretty expensive) prints out this week:

http://www.lazinc.com/news/
  • cerebus wrote:
    Anyone here picked up anything from a British artist named Antony Micallef? UK collectors seem to be very big on him at the moment. He has four (pretty expensive) prints out this week:

http://www.lazinc.com/news/
    I don't own any, but at 2G's, kinda pricey. I like the 'Peacekeeper' print; but don't quite get the 'bull' theme.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    I don't own any, but at 2G's, kinda pricey. I like the 'Peacekeeper' print; but don't quite get the 'bull' theme.

Yeah, I'm struggling with it myself :)

His work is very sought after though, so I'm sure that he'll sell these out.
  • ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 250
    anyone got shut out and wants a VIC klausen, theres one that just went up on ebay for buy it now $65. I would buy it but i cant afford it, so hopefully a PJ fan that went to the show will get it. There seems to be a lot of people with complaints that they got shut out, SO GO GET IT! seems like a decent deal to me, since these are going for $125 +

I mentioned this in the artillery thread already. Sorry for repeating
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    bostonlou wrote:
    if your firehouse isn't framed and sitting on the wall in a game room then it's a damn shame!!

any firehouse that it

that's why you or kj1nyr is going to hook me up! :)

well, its is in my bully box, and i guess it could be a shame,

but its mine.

forever.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    If anyone is interested or even cares, Arnheim lion gone from goods section.

a glimmer of hope in this otherwise dark week ;)

did anything happen with the toronto print? there was a change to the page on brad's site at 01:17 PDT?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 250
    if anyone feels like they spent too much and wants to get rid of some posters i'm looking for the flatstock 14 and Spain shark - i got shut out 10c sale and no more on artillery :( could someone hook me up? 1st print or AP i dont care, just want the poster at a reasonable price. thanks!
    Previously known as Elzar
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    ZAPPER wrote:
    if anyone feels like they spent too much and wants to get rid of some posters i'm looking for the flatstock 14 and Spain shark - i got shut out 10c sale and no more on artillery :( could someone hook me up? 1st print or AP i dont care, just want the poster at a reasonable price. thanks!

what's your idea of "reasonable"?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
    bostonlou wrote:
    what's your idea of "reasonable"?

32-24-36.... reasonable....

• GR8Dane wrote:
    32-24-36.... reasonable....

Yes that is reasonable, but I prefer my wife 34-24-32, she's no Rosie, but I say she's got it all!!!
    Lizardking

• GR8Dane wrote:

i'm going to buy one of those so i can sell it on ebay.
    i'm going to buy one of those so i can sell it on ebay.

....flipper......

Some people seem to like the 'bull' theme:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/search.php?artist=3367