Tampa show not so great. The base was too much it drowned out everything.

Comments

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    could the buildings have been an issue over the equipment? If I remember the St. Pete show a few years back didn't sound all that great...maybe its just FL haha I kid I kid
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    pjalive21 said:

could the buildings have been an issue over the equipment? If I remember the St. Pete show a few years back didn't sound all that great...maybe its just FL haha I kid I kid

Well it has been a long time waiting for fl so maybe your on to something..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,991

Wma31394 said:

This thread is halarious. We have sound experts..age discrimination..negativity when we are not getting negative..closet catalog snobs..teachers who hate their kids ;)..venue experts..I'm I missing anything???

i think you forgot the shark... jumping.
    :rofl:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    Wma31394 said:

This thread is halarious. We have sound experts..age discrimination..negativity when we are not getting negative..closet catalog snobs..teachers who hate their kids ;)..venue experts..I'm I missing anything???

I think that's about right ....

absolutely fucking hideous.
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Hideous??? But you felt the need to post in the thread.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • I never heard that tune before , it was a first for me. Is that a cover? or a B side?

:open_mouth:

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    "The base".....in the title was enough to show the intelligence of this thread.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• splukinsplukin Posts: 9
    There was a lotta feedback, sure but then you see LBC->Low Light->Red Mosquito->Hard To Imagine...
    Yeah, this show sucked...

We're gonna need a bigger boat...
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    myoung321 said:

I will be honest - the Fort Lauderdale and Miami show were awesome - but the sound was not - if, I am being honest.....

Since I was standing right next to you in Miami I can agree... thought the sound in Tampa was much better.

It's these multi-purpose venues that suck
    I thought Miami sounded great. I guess it really depends where you are.
    NYPJ
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    The show was great. Definitely a standout performance and setlist. The crowd just could have used a few less statues, especially on those rare songs when the band is looking for that feedback.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473

I must be really drinking the kool aid because Tampa was anything but an average show in my eyes. I brought someone to their first PJ show and they are now hooked too. Another friend who had only previously seen them at ACL said that their solo shows "are on a whole other level and can't be matched".

I also brought a first timer with me! At the end of the night she told me "man! I really should have followed these guys music more" I told her, you still can! She was amazed by the show and even though she only knew the radio hits she still danced and very much enjoyed all the others too. PJ gained another fan in Tampa
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898
    edited April 2016
    myoung321 said:

"The base".....in the title was enough to show the intelligence of this thread.

:giggle:
    But let's be fair. Misspelling bass or not, sometimes the bad sound at a show can ruin the show. I'm not saying that happened for PJ (I wasn't there - I wouldn't know), but it's definitely a legitimate complaint at a concert, and that's too bad that some of the seats had bad acoustics, for whatever reason.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

IF I WANTED TO BE NEGATIVE... I would have commented on how many old people were there.
    It was like 50 and over crowd, and that hearing EvenFlow being sung by 55 year olds in a band just seems weird and outdated, and doesn't really hold up like other classic rock groups catalogs.
    And that the setlist theme was based off being a veteran. Proof -is Ed addressing the crowd about veterans in Tampa. But i will stick to the SOUND WAS HORRIBLE. Sure i can just get drunk and have no worries, but hey why not share an opinion? Maybe they will fix it for all you guys heading to the next shows?

Haha . . . This is awesome. I'm 46 and occasionally make the same hilarious observation. Laughing at one's self is a healthy habit.

As for the Ed smashing stuff and cursing at people when he gets pissed off -- at the crowd, the techs, himself -- I'm growing weary of that. As someone who every single day gives my all in the classroom and gets practically nothing in return from the audience, I know the disappointment. But I don't go around throwing desk chairs and calling the school or my students fucked just because they don't cooperate with my version of perfection. It's totally unprofessional. He needs to learn how to work through the worst of situations without throwing such childish tantrums about things he can't control. I find it to be an embarrassing behavior for a 51 year old man.

Okay, unleash on me, people. I'm ready for it.
    Nothing to "unleash" except to just say a classroom of kids is a little different than a rock concert of fans and professionals.
    I'd sure hope you wouldn't flip desks about kids. You'd probably be the worst teacher ever.
    To get mad at a boring crowd when you're playing for hours giving it your all and also having equipment problems. I'd be mad to. These people are paying good money.
    Just a very weak comparison.
    The people paying the money are the fans, which means they can behave any way they want to. Fans are not obligated to react a certain way. They are not required to sing at certain moments, dance during certain songs, or shout woo-hoo at any time. They can take in the concert any way they desire within legal limits. The band is not entitled to any specific type of "energy" from me or anybody else. They really should just play their songs, give it their all (the way they do), and at the end of the day accept that each show is what it is. They shouldn't assume I'm not into the show just because I dont raise my arms into a V during Alive or sing the outro on Sirens. Maybe I have arthritis in my shoulder, for Christ's sake, and can't. Maybe I'm a mute. There's always a reason for people's behavior, and usually it's not what you think it is.

I'm tired of the audience judgments. Just watch the show the way you want and leave me the fuck alone. I'm too busy having my own good time to care what the people in my section are doing. Why can't others just do the same?

And yes . . . It is incredibly unprofessional for an artist to call the people who pay their salary and spend thousands on travel "fuckers." It lacks grace on so many levels. You will not change my mind about that, no matter how bad you think my analogy is.
  • TL170678TL170678 Posts: 422
    US Bank arena was like this in 2014, boot sounds great, but the sound does not mix well..... Pittsburgh arena in 2013 (energy consol) = best acoustics for a PJ show.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

They shouldn't assume I'm not into the show just because I dont raise my arms into a V during Alive or sing the outro on Sirens. Maybe I have arthritis in my shoulder, for Christ's sake, and can't. Maybe I'm a mute. There's always a reason for people's behavior, and usually it's not what you think it is.

I'm tired of the audience judgments. Just watch the show the way you want and leave me the fuck alone. I'm too busy having my own good time to care what the people in my section are doing. Why can't others just do the same?

Yes and YES (and yes, just for good measure).

• Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723

IF I WANTED TO BE NEGATIVE... I would have commented on how many old people were there.
    It was like 50 and over crowd, and that hearing EvenFlow being sung by 55 year olds in a band just seems weird and outdated, and doesn't really hold up like other classic rock groups catalogs.
    And that the setlist theme was based off being a veteran. Proof -is Ed addressing the crowd about veterans in Tampa. But i will stick to the SOUND WAS HORRIBLE. Sure i can just get drunk and have no worries, but hey why not share an opinion? Maybe they will fix it for all you guys heading to the next shows?

Haha . . . This is awesome. I'm 46 and occasionally make the same hilarious observation. Laughing at one's self is a healthy habit.

As for the Ed smashing stuff and cursing at people when he gets pissed off -- at the crowd, the techs, himself -- I'm growing weary of that. As someone who every single day gives my all in the classroom and gets practically nothing in return from the audience, I know the disappointment. But I don't go around throwing desk chairs and calling the school or my students fucked just because they don't cooperate with my version of perfection. It's totally unprofessional. He needs to learn how to work through the worst of situations without throwing such childish tantrums about things he can't control. I find it to be an embarrassing behavior for a 51 year old man.

Okay, unleash on me, people. I'm ready for it.
    Nothing to "unleash" except to just say a classroom of kids is a little different than a rock concert of fans and professionals.
    I'd sure hope you wouldn't flip desks about kids. You'd probably be the worst teacher ever.
    To get mad at a boring crowd when you're playing for hours giving it your all and also having equipment problems. I'd be mad to. These people are paying good money.
    Just a very weak comparison.
    words
    The Eagles probably aren't going to tour anymore, brah.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    All PJ fans must act like a teenager at all times..jump and cheer during every song..or you suck and should have stayed home.........
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    edited April 2016

And yes . . . It is incredibly unprofessional for an artist to call the people who pay their salary and spend thousands on travel "fuckers." It lacks grace on so many levels. You will not change my mind about that, no matter how bad you think my analogy is.

:clap:

Yup! I'm in the 50+ camp, but I can hang. If the spirit moves me, I can move! And if the band's ukelele player has a problem with his hometown crowd, or any crowd who pays his salary, I'd advise him to keep his lips zipped and do his job.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Wma31394 said:

You forgot the subject matter experts on Eddie's demeanor and overall crowd interaction! I love it when I read stupid shit like "he was visibly upset and stormed off the stage before Blood was over" or "the crowd wasn't enthusiastic enough ". I mean is this what you're really focusing on while at the show???? Stop being so uber obsessive and just go enjoy the damn show already!

From my vantage point in section 116 he looked like he was having a good time to me and everyone around me were rocking out and singing along just fine.
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

edited April 2016
    Did I miss something? Did Eddie actually get pissed at the crowd again this tour?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,404
    PJ_Soul said:

Did I miss something? Did Eddie actually get pissed at the crowd again this tour?

looks like he smashed the hell out of a gibson sg and then bashed his mic stand because of the crowd.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited April 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

looks like he smashed the hell out of a gibson sg and then bashed his mic stand because of the crowd.
    Hahahaha. Brutal. I also think this is kind of strange behaviour. It doesn't really bother me because it serves as amusement.... which I doubt is Eddie's intent, lol.
    I don't like dead crowds though. This doesn't mean the crowd is "required" to jump and yell and shit. It's just about the vibe. The vibe of a large crowd is palpable. You can feel it (or not) in sit down shows as well as rock concerts. I feel like it's not about the behaviour of people in the crowd, as some people are assuming. It's more the shared psychological state of the crowd. Sometimes crowds just aren't feelin' it... if the sound sucked, that might have had something to do with it (though not necessarily). And that can't be broken down to individuals. I guess it just really bugs the hell out of Eddie, and I get that, because it bugs me too. However, I get bummed and maybe a bit perplexed when the crowd has zero mojo or no good vibe/energy. Not raging mad. :lol: I figure angry-smash Eddie is better than sad Eddie on stage though! :tongue: And people need to remember that Eddie and folks like him (i.e. artistic geniuses combined with a level of hyperactivity) aren't really like "normal" people. They tend to be way more emotionally revved up about shit.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,404
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Hahahaha. Brutal. I also think this is kind of strange behaviour. It doesn't really bother me because it serves as amusement.... which I doubt is Eddie's intent, lol.
    I don't like dead crowds though. This doesn't mean the crowd is "required" to jump and yell and shit. It's just about the vibe. The vibe of a large crowd is palpable. You can feel it (or not) in sit down shows as well as rock concerts. I feel like it's not about the behaviour of people in the crowd, as some people are assuming. It's more the shared psychological state of the crowd. Sometimes crowds just aren't feelin' it... if the sound sucked, that might have had something to do with it (though not necessarily). And that can't be broken down to individuals. I guess it just really bugs the hell out of Eddie, and I get that, because it bugs me too. However, I get bummed and maybe a bit perplexed when the crowd has zero mojo or no good vibe/energy. Not raging mad. :lol: I figure angry-smash Eddie is better than sad Eddie on stage though! :tongue: And people need to remember that Eddie and folks like him (i.e. artistic geniuses combined with a level of hyperactivity) aren't really like "normal" people. They tend to be way more emotionally revved up about shit.
    very well said my dear!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,991
    I love me some angry Ed.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854
    myoung321 said:

Seriously??? The Band Members are 50 year olds.. and you're surprised they have 50 year old fans?
    edit: should have let his urge for attention go, knowing others would pounce on it....haha
    Yeah a few years ago I saw an interview with Jay Leno where he laughed about he'd sometimes get criticized for his material for appealing to people in their late 50's/early 60's. He was 60 at the time of the interview and was like "Who am I supposed to be appealing to??"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    I was at this show at thought the sound was really good..
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited April 2016
    I just don't get it. I've never been to an arena or festival concert where the crowd wasn't loud, where people didn't appreciate the band, or where I even thought twice about a vibe. If we were talking about the vibe in a club show of 400 people, sure, I could discern it. For example, at the latest RNDM show of maybe 100, I did walk out to smoke and told they door guy, "I'm totally not feeling it." And he laughed . . . because the songs were boring!! How the hell do you judge the vibe of 25,000 Pearl Jam fans in any generalized way? That's just really weird to me. IMO, if you are spending time in a sold out arena trying to figure out the crowd, you're the one who's not really paying attention to the music.
  • VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    Awesome set list created, but after the Mexico City crowd how could he be anything but disappointed.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena