Tampa show not so great. The base was too much it drowned out everything.

Comments

• CapnBobCapnBob Posts: 369
    thought they played at the hockey arena? but now i see there was a problem with base, which one? 1st 2nd or 3rd?
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • I don't feel cheated at all....The Band worked their asses off!!!! Ed just looked confused at times
    because we could not really understand what he was saying all the time....the sound mix was off
    Probably the worst of any show i been too.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,404
    edited April 2016

I don't feel cheated at all....The Band worked their asses off!!!! Ed just looked confused at times
    because we could not really understand what he was saying all the time....the sound mix was off
    Probably the worst of any show i been too.

we all have those shows; for me hershey 03 was the worst performance I've ever seen. But I am glad you backed your opinion up op.
    and don't worry about not knowing "in the moonlight"; it's off of lost dogs and honestly, you really aren't missing much with that one. I'm sure 95% of the crowd had no clue what it was.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    my2hands said:

What a shame the crowd was begging to sing along and go on a journey, instead ed killed the momentum all night till the very very end.

I think he knew that he blew it tonight , and tried to make up for it.... I give the man credit he worked hard.

You're going out of your way to post a thread just ro say you didn't like the Tampa show, and you don't even know In The Moonlight? I'm no catalog snob, but this is pretty weak

Seriously, take your negativity and beat it! lol
    Who cares if he doesn't know every single song in the catalog. Maybe he just isn't as cool as a fan as some others around here. The sound sucked where he was sitting. Nothing wrong with being disappointed in that. When your flying across the country and paying lots of money for travel expenses, it's OK to be bummed. I've been there before. I'm sure the sound crew is working diligently on fixing the issue.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Wasn't at the show..followed it through some friends there and the boards..the set was solid. I would have had a ton of beers and had a blast..don't periscope and watched hard to imagine only. Sux to hear there were sound issues. Personally I think all larger indoor arenas do.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    That show was a 10 out of 10 for me. From beginning to end.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

Complete pj euphoria then!!! it only goes downhill from here...;)
  • JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Not sure how anyone can blame the bass or Ed on that show. The building had an echo by the way it is designed. Sound gets absorbed by people but bounces off of walls and things like that.

Ed gave his all last night but the crowd really wasn't into it until Ed smashed one of his guitars.

It has to be hard for a band that gives 100% every night and the crowd was giving 70% back.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Wma31394 said:

https://youtu.be/4xgx4k83zzc
  • IF I WANTED TO BE NEGATIVE... I would have commented on how many old people were there.
    It was like 50 and over crowd, and that hearing EvenFlow being sung by 55 year olds in a band just seems weird and outdated, and doesn't really hold up like other classic rock groups catalogs.
    And that the setlist theme was based off being a veteran. Proof -is Ed addressing the crowd about veterans in Tampa. But i will stick to the SOUND WAS HORRIBLE. Sure i can just get drunk and have no worries, but hey why not share an opinion? Maybe they will fix it for all you guys heading to the next shows?
    Sounds like most were unhappy with sound. So did Ed smash his guitar and say come on fuckers or whatever he said to the sound guys or fans? Maybe alternative nation knows??
    JTH said:

Wma31394 said:

https://youtu.be/4xgx4k83zzc
    Hahaha
  • Spurs14Spurs14 Posts: 252
    FtL sec 2 floor behind GA - sound fair
    Mia sec 108 half way up (Stone side, a bit farther than mid-court) - sound poor
    Tam sec 2 floor behind GA - sound fair, lots of kick drum

It might be the equipment / board being used. I'm certainly no expert. Springsteen is using a new board for the River tour and I have to say his show is likely the best sounding arena show I've ever attended.
  • Man i would love to see Bruce's River tour. You my friend are a lucky man.
  • A positive note-

I've never heard Getaway, Lightning Bolt, Pendulum, Imagine, and Little Wing live.

I really like those new songs, and the 2 covers a lot.
  • Yeah we're just having a discussion about it, relax people. I thought the sound issues had nothing to do with the bands performance, they rocked both shows I was at and wasn't let down at all!!

I'm just saying that in huge arenas in '13 in Dallas and okc the sound was amazing and in Florida it was really poor, that's all!

I was mikes side first section ftl
    Stones side second section Miami
    Had friends in seats behind GA in ftl and they thought the sound was terrible as well.

Just an observation on the sound- I think they have to look at their board or equipment, and was curious if I was the only one- apparently not tho.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • my2hands said:

What a shame the crowd was begging to sing along and go on a journey, instead ed killed the momentum all night till the very very end.

I think he knew that he blew it tonight , and tried to make up for it.... I give the man credit he worked hard.

You're going out of your way to post a thread just ro say you didn't like the Tampa show, and you don't even know In The Moonlight? I'm no catalog snob, but this is pretty weak

Seriously, take your negativity and beat it! lol
    :lol::triumph:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

IF I WANTED TO BE NEGATIVE... I would have commented on how many old people were there.
    It was like 50 and over crowd, and that hearing EvenFlow being sung by 55 year olds in a band just seems weird and outdated, and doesn't really hold up like other classic rock groups catalogs.

Are there a lot of canes and walkers in the ga section?

London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

IF I WANTED TO BE NEGATIVE... I would have commented on how many old people were there.
    And that the setlist theme was based off being a veteran. Proof -is Ed addressing the crowd about veterans in Tampa. But i will stick to the SOUND WAS HORRIBLE. Sure i can just get drunk and have no worries, but hey why not share an opinion? Maybe they will fix it for all you guys heading to the next shows?

I was with you on your comments and perspective until this ridiculousness about the age of the fans there. You do realize that much of the fanbase are *gasp!* well into their 40s, 50s and up? As are the band members themselves? Who gives a shit about the age of people singing because they fucking love the music?

So much for no negativity..... :whistle:
  • Dr. MattDr. Matt Posts: 204
    edited April 2016
    Worst.Thread.Ever. :weary:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723

That's Tampa for ya. Smarmy old fucks who just want to hear Jeremy.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
    hedonist said:

I was with you on your comments and perspective until this ridiculousness about the age of the fans there. You do realize that much of the fanbase are *gasp!* well into their 40s, 50s and up? As are the band members themselves? Who gives a shit about the age of people singing because they fucking love the music?

Old people...

At a Pearl Jam show...

In Florida...

What are the chances?
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    Wma31394 said:

I should just sell all my other tix :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • the base... yea, it wasn't until i was 50 that I even knew what that word meant. thanks for the enlightenment. :get_outta_here:
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    JTH said:

hedonist said:

Old people...

At a Pearl Jam show...

In Florida...

What are the chances?
    Boca del Vista, baby!
  • HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 532
    edited April 2016
    They had to change Mics at least 4 times

The band totally brought it but you could see and hear they were having issues, never seen the roadies back and forth on stage so much, you could see Eddie was getting frustrated
    Post edited by Hoccapuk on

the base... yea, it wasn't until i was 50 that I even knew what that word meant. thanks for the enlightenment. :get_outta_here:

https://youtu.be/U8GbDYeKVZA
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898

I never heard that tune before , it was a first for me. Is that a cover? or a B side?
    It was so hard to hear ed's voice ( not his fault) the sound guy or mixer or something was off.

in 2008 at the same arena it was a great mix and sound. My ears are ringing still from tonight, and that never happens to me.

Get yourself a copy of Lost Dogs pronto! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Sucks to hear about the sound OP. In all honesty I've never thought the sound at PJ shows has been great. But this sounds even worse than normal.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898
    I've been happy with the sound at the shows I've seen...
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata