Tampa show not so great. The base was too much it drowned out everything.

What a shame the crowd was begging to sing along and go on a journey, instead ed killed the momentum all night till the very very end.

I think he knew that he blew it tonight , and tried to make up for it.... I give the man credit he worked hard.

Comments

• OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    I agree about the sound mix or the building acoustics. Very boomy (not Gaspar) and lots of rumble and echo. Disagree on Ed and the set. Thought it built. It had to be frustrating seeing people fleeing for the bathrooms and beerline during In The Moonlight. What a great version and what a rare tune to play.
  • I never heard that tune before , it was a first for me. Is that a cover? or a B side?
    It was so hard to hear ed's voice ( not his fault) the sound guy or mixer or something was off.

in 2008 at the same arena it was a great mix and sound. My ears are ringing still from tonight, and that never happens to me.
  • rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    I'd take that punk setlist over any of the Florida slow jams (Miami 1-5 the exception )
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    All together now "Hey at least you were in the building"
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • joseph33joseph33 Posts: 1,247

I never heard that tune before , it was a first for me. Is that a cover? or a B side?
    It was so hard to hear ed's voice ( not his fault) the sound guy or mixer or something was off.

in 2008 at the same arena it was a great mix and sound. My ears are ringing still from tonight, and that never happens to me.

Its a B side found on Lost Dogs. Written by Matt Cameron.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

I never heard that tune before , it was a first for me. Is that a cover? or a B side?

Bring good earplugs. They would of protected your ears and you would of been able to hear music better.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    It's about time someone turned the volume up on Jeff.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    The setlist looked absolutely killer. Would have loved to have been there.

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    Im dying to hear getaway live - and wish it would get in the rotation a little more frequently.

just like infallible also

Two of the best off LB in my opinion and I never heard either. A double header in new York I guess makes that possible

and LBC thrown in to this show too? man, amazing
  • Awesome set! Tampa got a gem!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

What a shame the crowd was begging to sing along and go on a journey, instead ed killed the momentum all night till the very very end.

I think he knew that he blew it tonight , and tried to make up for it.... I give the man credit he worked hard.

You're going out of your way to post a thread just ro say you didn't like the Tampa show, and you don't even know In The Moonlight? I'm no catalog snob, but this is pretty weak

Seriously, take your negativity and beat it! lol
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    PJ212 said:

It's about time someone turned the volume up on Jeff.

• Bogey ManBogey Man Posts: 118
    I thought it was an awesome set list. But I can't speak for the sound as I wasn't there. "In the Moonlight" though, I'd be stoked to hear that.
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec 5/05/2016
    Ottawa 5/08/2016
  • rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    pdalowsky said:

Im dying to hear getaway live - and wish it would get in the rotation a little more frequently.

just like infallible also

Two of the best off LB in my opinion and I never heard either. A double header in new York I guess makes that possible

and LBC thrown in to this show too? man, amazing

I agree awesome setlist. I saw Getaway at Voodoo and it was awkward to say the least. Hope they've improved it cus it's a rockin tune. My LB white whale is My Father's Son. Evil minor chord riffs played fast....yes please! Hope to get it, Rats, Get Right, Ghost and Of the Girl this tour. Play that noise!
  • If you saw the Pearl Jam show YOU saw the best .
    S. I
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    I will be honest - the Fort Lauderdale and Miami show were awesome - but the sound was not - if, I am being honest.....
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    Watching on periscope obviously doesn't relate to sound in the venue, but thought that both In the Moonlight and Getaway sounded good.

In my opinion, this has been the best of the Florida setlists.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,577
    Hopefully the 24Bit Flac-HD's will sound much better.
  • weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    True on the comment re ear plugs. It can actually make the sound better or less bad
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,255
    Setlist looked amazing. I would've loved to be at this show! In The Moonlight is one of my favorites off lost dogs. Hard for me to believe anyone would complain about this one. Blood, Lukin into Porch, Getaway, HTI mid show, Pendulum in encore plus Come Back, Moolight, Life Wasted and LBC!?!? Fuck me. I knew I should've gone to Tampa.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,942
    pdalowsky said:

The setlist looked absolutely killer. Would have loved to have been there.

+1
  • Not commenting on the set lists at all but I agree with buck- ftl and Miami weren't great sounding. Last night seems to have the same issue. I am honestly wondering if the band has an issue with equipment this tour? When you can't understand what Eddie is saying when he's speaking there's something going on.... It's one thing if there's music or other interference but I couldn't make out what he was saying most of the time at both shows.

I say this tour too because I had remarkably great clear sound in '13 tour and '14 too.... Not sure what's up but I'm interested in everyone's thoughts who've been on tour thus far
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    Bass. :disappointed:
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
    The set list was amazing. The band and energy were amazing. The sound in the arena was disappointing. Hopefully the boot will be crystal clear.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    Id be interested to hear where everyone that is commenting on sound was located in the arena. Every arena show ive ever been at has sounded great in ga or in good seats...and terrible with a horrible echo in bad seats. Thats just how it goes in an arena. Which is why im glad they have ga now. So i can attempt for ga and if i get the tix i dont have to worry about bad sound with echoes.
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,551
    I love a "good" set list and I want to hear rarities but isn't the performance and having fun what matters most?

I've been to over 30 shows and I've never left disappointed once. Ever.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,711
    DW139059 said:

This weekend we rock Portland
    I was in section 101 row B. At center ice. The row was on risers just off the floor where either the bench or penalty box would be. Low enough that it shouldn't have sounded so bad. This was my 9th show since Lightning Bolt was released The only other bad sounding show I got on this tour was Memphis.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    DW139059 said:

I thought it meant fan base...
  • StAmsar20StAmsar20 Posts: 59
    There were numerous feedback issues throughout the night and yes it was a bit hard to hear lyrics at times. My wife and I both agreed someone was gonna need soft seat after getting their ass chewed for the sound issues. That being said, I feel sorry for you if you felt cheated on the experience. It was a great show and a great set, period! From the floor, the crowd singing along sounded awesome. The band on stage did their job and did it pretty damn good. Let's give credit where it's due! Can't wait for Wrigley.