Reserved Seating has jumped the shark

Comments

• Odds that op enters 10c ticket lottery next time pj tours their hometown or closely? 100%
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Bentleyspop..I'm glad you were able to man up...any other person would not of had the intestinal fortitude to survive that situation.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020

Im a long time member with a 5 digit membership number in the mid 70s.

At FLL I was 2 rows up from the floor in the section just in front of the stage on Stone's side.

In MIA we were 14 rows up, first full section in front of stage, Mike's side.

A clear difference.

I am used to being in the first couple of rows close to the stage. So imagine my surprise and disappointment to see row 14 when I picked up my tickets. But I also realize that 10club doesnt have full control of ticket locations. That they depend on the venue for seat allocations. I appreciate everything that the 10club does for us in regards to tickets. Just have to man up and move on and enjoy the show.

And I don't think the 10club has "jumped the shark".

My 2 cents

As others have said, Saturday night and a potential larger VIP list. But 14 rows up in the first section in front of the stage is nothing to be disappointed about.
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    i think they do as best as they can. people have to stop complaining. in 03 at the dte they felt bad and gave us all 2 free lawns for night 2. i have always found the people at the ten club to be pretty good about things. you can't please everybody all the time. over all their track record is pretty good. please ease up on the complaining and just enjoy the music.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854
    My number is 189XXX and I hope at Philly 2 this year I'm on the side. Two years ago at Philly I was in the second row behind the GA. I'd rather be elevated on the side.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    edited April 2016
    Post edited by shortstack on
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,811

good to see a lot of people still have their heads up 10 club's butt

Good to see a lot of fans are still entitled.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    poop. too slow.

where's the yawn smiley?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Solution = members only show(s)
  • Solution = members only show(s)

fuck yea
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238

fuck yea
    ...which would absolutely guarantee that a 10C member would end up with the worst seats in the house.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,811
    Member only shows have jumped the shark
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,226
    I think the sharks have jumped the shark at this point!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,130
    One shark jumped another shark and landed right in my back of the floor Ten Club seats. And he ain't moving!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,226
    The folks in Tampa & Jacksonville better beware! Shark bites hurt!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • JTH said:

fuck yea
    ...which would absolutely guarantee that a 10C member would end up with the worst seats in the house.
    would also guarantee a 10c member the best seats in the house. glass half full.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jumping the shark is for pansies, if you are tough you swim under the shark!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

JTH said:

fuck yea
    would also guarantee a 10c member the best seats in the house. glass half full.
    Oh, come on. We both know that glass was knocked over years ago.
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    rgambs said:

Jumping the shark is for pansies, if you are tough you swim under the shark!

Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID Posts: 895

Taft said:

Really average seats given out by Ten Club tonight in Miami. People from around the country with numbers from 8,xxx-45,xxx flew in to get seated in middle rows in the middle of arena.

I would have just done the public onsale or Stub Hub if I knew they could not get good seats at American Airlines. Poor form Ten Club. These are not the best seats in the house as advertised.

Last night the seats were great, but is it going to be a coin flip this tour? If so we need a warning.

And people flew in from all over the country, and were THRILLED to be anywhere in the building. They sang, they danced, and they had the time of there lives. They could care less where they sat, they could care less if the person seated next to them knew all the words, to every song, they could care less if the person next to them was taking pictures of the stage with their cellphone. They went to see the best live band on the planet, and had the time of their life.

Im guessing in quebec they wont have vip tickets as there is no NHL team in the nee building and no season ticket holders. Should have really good seats there im thinking.
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
    edited April 2016

Taft said:

Really average seats given out by Ten Club tonight in Miami. People from around the country with numbers from 8,xxx-45,xxx flew in to get seated in middle rows in the middle of arena.

I would have just done the public onsale or Stub Hub if I knew they could not get good seats at American Airlines. Poor form Ten Club. These are not the best seats in the house as advertised.

Last night the seats were great, but is it going to be a coin flip this tour? If so we need a warning.

And people flew in from all over the country, and were THRILLED to be anywhere in the building. They sang, they danced, and they had the time of there lives. They could care less where they sat, they could care less if the person seated next to them knew all the words, to every song, they could care less if the person next to them was taking pictures of the stage with their cellphone. They went to see the best live band on the planet, and had the time of their life.

Im guessing in quebec they wont have vip tickets as there is no NHL team in the nee building and no season ticket holders. Should have really good seats there im thinking.
    And at that point, I fully expect someone to start the thread "Reserved seating has grown the beard."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898

My number is 189XXX and I hope at Philly 2 this year I'm on the side. Two years ago at Philly I was in the second row behind the GA. I'd rather be elevated on the side.

Yeah, everyone would. 10C does their best, but the one thing I have noticed that's worth mentioning is that sometimes 10C has a funny idea of what's a better seat, and the behind GA ones are the prime example. Wouldn't just about anyone actually prefer low rows on the balcony over seats behind the pit?? I get the feeling that 10C approves floor seats before balcony seats because hey, it's on the floor. Floor = better, right? But in fact, the seats behind GA seem like some of the worst seats in the place.... Just me?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • My comment to the OP would be to email the ten club and see what their response would be. I love the fan club not just because of the perks but because when there has been an issue they have always responded exceptionally well to me. Send your concern respectfully to them, see what they say.

My family numbers are in the 400 and 500 range. We used to have lower numbers but life happened, times got tough, and keeping the membership was not something we were able to do. For Miami all of us were in the lower bowl in the far corner, Sections 108/109, furthest seats we have ever had. BUT we were next to some good fans, ironically also from Jacksonville. We also talked to people who were able to walk up to the ticket window, day of the Miami show, and got tickets closer to the stage.

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, everyone would. 10C does their best, but the one thing I have noticed that's worth mentioning is that sometimes 10C has a funny idea of what's a better seat, and the behind GA ones are the prime example. Wouldn't just about anyone actually prefer low rows on the balcony over seats behind the pit?? I get the feeling that 10C approves floor seats before balcony seats because hey, it's on the floor. Floor = better, right? But in fact, the seats behind GA seem like some of the worst seats in the place.... Just me?
    Yeah I agree that they might think "on the floor" is just better. Even though it isn't. Frankly, if given to choice to be on the floor in the first row behind GA or in the upper deck but in the first row on the railing, I'd take the latter.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 664
    edited April 2016
    Not just you PJ_Soul. I am in complete agreement. During the 2011 presale the 10c server went bust and a deal was brokered with TM by 10c(I assume). This worked out great but for the fact that unique codes were sent out at the last minute and not understanding codes were for each membership we wound up using my wife's then newish membership# (485ish instead of my
    somewhat better 404,xxx). We were around Row 36 on the floor for Montreal,Toronto2 and Vancouver. We have ZERO desire to stand back there ever again. At 6'4" tall I feel too tall for the floor like I'm blocking other people's views while my wife is 5'5" and is way too short. It was offset however by a Row 2 floor Lottery win for Toronto 1 which might be our favorite show that we've ever attended(ok one can make the first few rows work like during the lottery era lol). Interesting to note also that it was an absolute breeze getting tickets during that 2011 presale. Log into TM, use the unique code and done. Seems to me it might have taken 15 minutes total to get tickets to 4 shows.
    Post edited by DJ253147 on
  • Whatever happened to left shark?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,711
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • it's entirely possible that a warning wouldn't have been available. maybe 10C/the band found out about the seating after the tickets went on sale.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

...if given to choice to be on the floor in the first row behind GA or in the upper deck but in the first row on the railing, I'd take the latter.

I prefer the former.

Diff'rent strokes to move the world and all that.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,711
    edited April 2016

Well, there is not really any way to quantify what seats will end up sold to Corporate customers, PSL holders etc.

For example, the firm PWC you mentioned may have a deal where they are offered seats to all events, but at the time there is no way to know how many of those seats they will actually decide to purchase. Depending on the demographics of the firm's employees, they may take very few or maybe all. But the 10 club couldn't have any way of giving folks a reasonable expectation of location during the lottery process.
    This weekend we rock Portland