Reserved Seating has jumped the shark

TaftTaft Posts: 454
Really average seats given out by Ten Club tonight in Miami. People from around the country with numbers from 8,xxx-45,xxx flew in to get seated in middle rows in the middle of arena.

I would have just done the public onsale or Stub Hub if I knew they could not get good seats at American Airlines. Poor form Ten Club. These are not the best seats in the house as advertised.

Last night the seats were great, but is it going to be a coin flip this tour? If so we need a warning.

Comments

• CapnBobCapnBob Posts: 369
    Please keep it in perspective....10C works hard for us but can only get what the venue agrees to. While I can understand where you are coming from, there is no need to blast 10C rather be greatful for any seat you get. You can visit any 10C lottery shut out thread and I promise you any of them would trade with you in a heartbeat.
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192
    Taft said:

Really average seats given out by Ten Club tonight in Miami. People from around the country with numbers from 8,xxx-45,xxx flew in to get seated in middle rows in the middle of arena.

I would have just done the public onsale or Stub Hub if I knew they could not get good seats at American Airlines. Poor form Ten Club. These are not the best seats in the house as advertised.

Last night the seats were great, but is it going to be a coin flip this tour? If so we need a warning.

yeah. that doesn't sound right. hopefully this was a one time screw up.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• TaftTaft Posts: 454
    I've been shut out of many lotteries, this tour included. I get that. I also enjoyed the show tonight very much. And I get the rehashed argument about being grateful.

This was different, it flies in the face of what we are told. If the BEST the 10C can do for reserved seating (again, talking about people with five figure 10C numbers) is the middle of the arena and row 12-13 in that section they should tell us that so people can make informed choices.

Hopefully Miami is the exception for reserved seating.
    Taft said:

I've been shut out of many lotteries, this tour included. I get that. I also enjoyed the show tonight very much. And I get the rehashed argument about being grateful.

This was different, it flies in the face of what we are told. If the BEST the 10C can do for reserved seating (again, talking about people with five figure 10C numbers) is the middle of the arena and row 12-13 in that section they should tell us that so people can make informed choices.

Hopefully Miami is the exception for reserved seating.

not gonna lie. i would be upset too.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    sometimes it happens. just like in 03 dte energy center michigan. most seats there had a psl leaving 10 c with very few quality seats. maybe that was the case in miami.
    foodboy said:

sometimes it happens. just like in 03 dte energy center michigan. most seats there had a psl leaving 10 c with very few quality seats. maybe that was the case in miami.

that would explain it. i guess all those Lebron ticket holders PSLs haven't expired yet

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• lolobugg said:

foodboy said:

that would explain it. i guess all those Lebron ticket holders PSLs haven't expired yet
    Yeah. Raw deal, but I think Ten Club gets the best seats available to them. It is most likely out of their hands.
  • Sometimes more people go to shows than others...
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    My seats last night were pretty good overall. In the old days, 109xxx got me anywhere from 1st row in small markets on a big tour to 12th row in a big city with very few dates. Honestly I think there are ALOT of VIPs that eat up some of the side stage seats before they start handing out fan club numbers. Based on where Chris Bosche was tonight and band family were, that's the only thing that would explain how my row is similar or worse, after the GA participants are taken out of seniority. I was happy with my seats but that's my shot at explaining it. Had GA tonight.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 504
    GA was slammed at MIA. FLL had more a little more give between people
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • average? $71 tickets for a world renowned band for more than two decades? yea, can't even really complain for seats in the rafters at that price. middle rows for the middle of the arena cost how much for what band these days? way more.

people from around the where? ah yea, around the world. 10c members around the WORLD. i'm sure many 10c members have numbers that are less than 100,xxx (what's with the xxx anyways?). so perhaps... Miami being an international destination for so many fan club members, maybe the demand here was higher than anywhere in the NE for a change? assumption based on the fact that our beautiful neighbors just to the south of us may have many friends and family members that wanna visit the band too? i'd fuckin walk to see Pearl Jam.

so guess what i did, to avoid getting shitty seats? yep, i bought 10c and TM tickets, just to see how i'd fare with tickets from each provider, to any given show. SURPRISE! guess who's tickets were better in 12 of 12 cases... mother fuckin 10c.

warning? only warning needed in south florida is that of sharks in the water, not sharks in the 10c. no coin toss necessary.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
    You are wrong, period. I'll try and say it more simply, the very best 10C number in Miami drew mid-arena, middle rows. That's the best seats 10C had in Miami, and all members were seated backwards from there.

Not expecting 10C to be able to bypass PSLs/Corporate/VIPs but if that's the best they can do (or at least do in a particular venue) they should note that in the pre-sale so people know what they are purchasing (not some of the best seats in the house).

Again, Fort Lauderdale was different (great seats for Ten Clubbers) it was a stark contrast. So hopefully Miami will be the exception and not the rule on this tour and going forward. But if you have reserved 10C seats and have a very low 10C number for this tour don't get your hopes up that you'll be seated close to the band. Instead you might be in mid-venue behind hundreds of people sitting and talking the entire show (unless Jeremy is played).
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Taft said:

You are wrong, period. I'll try and say it more simply, the very best 10C number in Miami drew mid-arena, middle rows. That's the best seats 10C had in Miami, and all members were seated backwards from there.

Not expecting 10C to be able to bypass PSLs/Corporate/VIPs but if that's the best they can do (or at least do in a particular venue) they should note that in the pre-sale so people know what they are purchasing (not some of the best seats in the house).

Again, Fort Lauderdale was different (great seats for Ten Clubbers) it was a stark contrast. So hopefully Miami will be the exception and not the rule on this tour and going forward. But if you have reserved 10C seats and have a very low 10C number for this tour don't get your hopes up that you'll be seated close to the band. Instead you might be in mid-venue behind hundreds of people sitting and talking the entire show (unless Jeremy is played).

How did you get that information, just curious.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,991
    You had one show with less than desirable seats and you're declaring that reserved seating has jumped the shark?

Your post is the epitome of ten club entitlement.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• I was very happy with where we were last night. Thanks 10c.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,276
    I'd like to hear from the low club members that attended the show ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Rgambs, got the info Because there were people with low numbers, in the 1,000-10,000 range in those rows who have been to dozens of shows over two decades and never once got seats like this. And because the sections in front of that were (for example) people who said they stumbled on the tickets through a friends work etc...And groups of people surfing their Facebook and yawning (i.e. not 10Cers)

And same numbers drew were in Row 1 side stage in Fort Lauderdale. Again, best seats 10C had last night were at half court, 12 rows up.

on2legs, obviously that's an easy (and lame) jab to take and I knew it was coming. It's about giving us options and being upfront about what the best seats in the house means (not much in Miami). Let's see what happens rest of the tour.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Posts: 4,830
    I think the VIP presence was high last night. As we walked out of the pit, Eddies wife was standing down in the side section telling security which people could come back stage, and seemingly every person in the first wing section had PJ credentials or one of those PJ special guest pass stickers
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    Get over it.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    edited April 2016
    Yes VIP was high - I met Rex King - fucking Led Zeppelin's manager after the show in the Hotel lobby :)
    Post edited by buck502000 on
    The ten club offers the best of available seats. It sounds like that's what you got.

Please stop whining.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,476
    Taft said:

And people flew in from all over the country, and were THRILLED to be anywhere in the building. They sang, they danced, and they had the time of there lives. They could care less where they sat, they could care less if the person seated next to them knew all the words, to every song, they could care less if the person next to them was taking pictures of the stage with their cellphone. They went to see the best live band on the planet, and had the time of their life.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,432
    Maybe when the lottery is drawn Tenclub does not know what seats are going to be available to Tenclub members. If you are going to base your lottery picks on your seat location that is up to you I guess but me I am just happy to be there. One thing I will agree with though that if they are not going to be the best seats in the house as they advertise and they do know before hand they should put an asterisk next to that show if its going to have the low numbers pushed back that far.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Taft said:

Rgambs, got the info Because there were people with low numbers, in the 1,000-10,000 range in those rows who have been to dozens of shows over two decades and never once got seats like this. And because the sections in front of that were (for example) people who said they stumbled on the tickets through a friends work etc...And groups of people surfing their Facebook and yawning (i.e. not 10Cers)

And same numbers drew were in Row 1 side stage in Fort Lauderdale. Again, best seats 10C had last night were at half court, 12 rows up.

on2legs, obviously that's an easy (and lame) jab to take and I knew it was coming. It's about giving us options and being upfront about what the best seats in the house means (not much in Miami). Let's see what happens rest of the tour.

You didn't answer the question though, how did you come to learn this? Did you do some sort of survey? I feel like you are making an observation based on 2 or 3 examples into an immutable set of facts.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,432
    I was watching the show on Periscope last night with Ivy's feed. I have no clue what her number is but from memory she was definitely on the better side of the stage of the halfway mark. She did mention though that her seats were considerably worse then the night before.
    edited April 2016
    PJNB said:

One thing I will agree with though that if they are not going to be the best seats in the house as they advertise and they do know before hand they should put an asterisk next to that show if its going to have the low numbers pushed back that far.

That's all I'm saying. For example at Wrigley/Fenway you obviously know that Reserved Seatin gets you no where near the stage, so if that's what you want, you can go with GA, public onsale or scalping to try and get on the field. In Miami the term "some of the best seats in the house" was used very loosely, at best. To be fair if PJNB's point is correct than there is nothing that can be done, then it is what it is, though I doubt that's the case. For example, The entire section in front of us got their tics through the firm PWC, something that would have been know when the show went onsale.

Anyway, to the auto-bash crowd, I'm over it, I'm not whining, I know I'm in the minority since this issue only applies to people with low 10C numbers, and this is REALLY low on my list of concerns. That said, it's a business, we pay money, we travel in, want to have choices etc...so it was poor form. I hope the 10C can get better seats at the rest of the shows, for everyone's benefit.
    Post edited by Taft on
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    "And people flew in from all over the country, and were THRILLED to be anywhere in the building"

I guess some people just expect more...even the janitors were in the building last night and getting paid to be there.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    I don't think it is fair for us to gang up on the OP. I will say that in 2008 at the tour kickoff in West Palm I had the worst seats that I have ever had through 10club. The way that I see it is this show was on a Saturday night in what is arguably the easiest city in our country to access for international fans in a year with no dates outside of North America. This may have had a bit to do with pushing your seats back a bit. VIPs, Friends and family allocations, and possibly PSL's... as stated by others.. lots of pieces that factor in. Regardless, I'm sorry your seats were not as close as you are used to and I hope you didn't let that hinder your enjoyment of the show. At least you had lower bowl seats at face value. Trying to find you a silver lining here. To the people that want to jump in here and call the OP a whiner or whatever.. Let's not do that. It doesn't do any good. Let's do good. Peace and Love Ya'll
    This thread has jumped the shark.

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    I would be a bit upset as well. Not sure I would say jumped the shark, but I sure would wonder why I was three or four sections away from the stage if I had a five digit number.

And everyone should read the book ticket masters. It is an eye opener. It may be that TM has finally won the battle with pearl jam.