Reserved Seating has jumped the shark

Comments

• JH57554JH57554 Posts: 245
    I'm not really surprised to hear the seats weren't the best last night. I've found my seats are usually worse on Saturday shows when more people can travel without missing any (traditional) work days. Add in the fact that it was a pretty sweet destination and I'm sure the added VIP's contributed even more to it.

In Chicago 2009, night one was a Saturday and my seats were shit (very back of the floor) while night two I was super close to the side of the stage in amazing seats. Pretty sure Eddie even commented on that Saturday show about how nice it was to have so many friends and family in town for the show. It sucks but it happens.

I have reserved seats for Greenville next Saturday and I'm anxiously waiting to see how they are.
  • pjrusspjruss Posts: 494
    edited April 2016
    My 10c number is 253,000. I had reserved last night and was 2 sections from the stage, row 29 (top row of lower bowl). I'll admit, I commented to my wife that my seats are typically much better, but the seats were still good.
    I did notice that some very long time members were not that far down below me and I was surprised to see them there. I think this was a rare exception, and everything will be fine going forward.
    On the plus side, we got out of the arena much faster than normal, lol
  • This thread is stupid.
    Baby whiners all round.
    Lock this stupid thread up.
    Whiners.
    Please quit the 10c if you don't like your seats or join 20yrs ago, your choice.
  • mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    foodboy said:

sometimes it happens. just like in 03 dte energy center michigan. most seats there had a psl leaving 10 c with very few quality seats. maybe that was the case in miami.

Easily the worst ten club seats I've ever had with my number were to this DTE show. Usually I would get floor seats around rows 10-12 but for this show I had row LL and the rows there go AAA-FFF then A-Z then AA-ZZ. Basically i was 48 rows back. Season ticket holders took up the majority of good seats. Maybe that happened in Miami too. At least ten club gave out 2 free lawn tickets to the following night DTE show. Probably as an apology to the shitty seats the night before.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,334
    wrong use of the term "jumped the shark".. Just saying
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    JH57554 said:

In Chicago 2009, night one was a Saturday and my seats were shit (very back of the floor) while night two I was super close to the side of the stage in amazing seats.

Chicago '09 shows were actually Sunday/Monday but your point is valid. My seats were considerably better for night 2.

And I seem to remember a lot of folks with "decent" 10C numbers were pretty upset with their ticket locations for that Sunday show. I think some of them were even in the 300 level.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited April 2016
    Where are all these people with high numbers & bad seats? So far I see one guy complaining, the op, and they havent even stated their # and seat location
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    pjruss said:

My 10c number is 253,000. I had reserved last night and was 2 sections from the stage, row 29 (top row of lower bowl). I'll admit, I commented to my wife that my seats are typically much better, but the seats were still good.
    I did notice that some very long time members were not that far down below me and I was surprised to see them there. I think this was a rare exception, and everything will be fine going forward.
    On the plus side, we got out of the arena much faster than normal, lol

That seems just about right... in the new GA/Reserved system all #'s moved back a little in the reserved section
  • This thread is stupid.
    Baby whiners all round.
    Whiners.
    Please quit the 10c if you don't like your seats or join 20yrs ago, your choice.

As always, an intelligent, well thought out response from you.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    12th row, middle of the arena? Sound like good seats to me. Row 14, middle of the floor seats at MSG are selling for 1700 on stub.
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    While it sucks, and I agree some 4 or 5 digit members may be bummed compared to typical allotment, it is not pj's fault. The new model of these arenas is to sell a lot of vip seats to season subscribers(for all events- every sport and concert), also you can clearly see a whole section of prime seats in AAA as "flagship" on both sides of the arena that in addition with being great seats have special features, and they most likely have many more season seats in addition to outside of the flagship area. None of these seats ever would go to 10 club. I would guess for your best bet with low member number 10c you gotta go to the old arenas and ones in areas where selling 1000s of vip season subscriber seats for all events is not going to fly in that city (One would think QC perhaps?).

Just an aside the entire mccready side at msg will not go to 10 club in the first 5 rows in sections 116-118, and a majority of rows 1 and 2 in section 108 and 107 on the other side. Those are sold in 5 year clips with special suite access etc.. A lot of the lower section 107 and 108 is garden insiders and youll probably see most of the celebs and FnF in the lower 5 rows in those sections.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    The only time I was legit upset with my 10C seats was at MSG in 2008. I was in my normal section towards the back of the floor but the row had an odd number of seats and it just so happens that I was given the last seat in the row along with the seat directly behind it in the next row. I actually called 10C from the venue to complain, but there was obviously nothing they could do.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • stevedsteved Posts: 657
    edited April 2016
    I was GA last night but I had three sets of friends that had reserved in FTL and Miami each with FC numbers of:

118xxx
    120xxx
    146xxx

Both nights they were all in the best sections possible for the show. Lower bowel not side stage but just in front of the stage.

It did fluctuate from Stone to Mike.

The largest variation amongst them was 4 rows and in one case they were in the next row, the 118xxx and the 146xxx

Miami 8th row to 12th row
    FTL 20th Row 22nd Row

Same section though and remember AA is a basketball arena and are very steep so it would seem much higher but not much farther away distance wise.

I think the very low numbers got stung the most. Below 100k that are normally getting first few rows lower level.
    Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Weston1283Weston1283 Posts: 4,830
    I don't think the 10c just blocks off entire sections. My ticket thru the venue for philly night 2 is section 124 row 3 for example
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • jasonwjasonw Posts: 390
    edited April 2016
    I haven't been on here regularly for years and only come now during tours and it always reminds me exactly why I don't post here anymore. And I don't mean the OP.
    Post edited by jasonw on

This thread is stupid.
    Baby whiners all round.
    Whiners.

I haven't been on here regularly for years and only come now during tours and it always reminds me exactly why I don't post here anymore.
  • jasonw said:

This thread is stupid.
    Baby whiners all round.
    Whiners.

I haven't been on here regularly for years and only come now during tours and it always reminds me exactly why I don't post here anymore.
    OP comes in starts a thread and makes a sweeping judgement call against the very hand that fed him/her.
    Poor form?
    WTF?
    Don't like your tix then sell at FV to someone else that got shut out.

jasonw said:

This thread is stupid.
    Baby whiners all round.
    Whiners.

OP comes in starts a thread and makes a sweeping judgement call against the very hand that fed him/her.
    Poor form?
    WTF?
    Don't like your tix then sell at FV to someone else that got shut out.
    And you aren't the pearl jam police. Just try being kind or not posting sometime.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    JTH said:

JH57554 said:

In Chicago 2009, night one was a Saturday and my seats were shit (very back of the floor) while night two I was super close to the side of the stage in amazing seats.

Chicago '09 shows were actually Sunday/Monday but your point is valid. My seats were considerably better for night 2.

And I seem to remember a lot of folks with "decent" 10C numbers were pretty upset with their ticket locations for that Sunday show. I think some of them were even in the 300 level.
    I had the opposite experience. I was lower level side great seats for night 1 and upper level the next night. It was super weird.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898
    edited April 2016
    10C gets the best seats they can in the venue. What that means depends on the venue and probably TM, since they are such bastards. Pretty simple. There is no point in complaining about it to 10C, as there is nothing 10C can do about it. It's not like they are choosing to make the club seats worse than they could be.
    I don't understand your use of the term "jumped the shark" here btw... are you suggesting that 10C should pack it in as far as that goes? No more 10C reserved seats because they can't always be the best seats in the arena?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • $71 tickets for a world class band... i am so pissed off right now :hushed:

thank you 10c for making sure i had first access to the best seats in the building, perhaps with the exception to arena season ticket holders. i am trying to find what went wrong here.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,226
    Im headed to Greenville next weekend. Got 2 reserve tickets through 10c. This will be my first PJ show. Just happy to be in the building!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    PJ_Soul said:

10C gets the best seats they can in the venue. What that means depends on the venue and probably TM, since they are such bastards. Pretty simple.

Actually ticketmaster has nothing to do with it. 10club does indeed have control over TMs seat pool. Pj gets the best seat pool available to TM and the venue controls the rest, apart from the promoters, band tix etc. no one will ever buy a better seat on tm than 10club with the exception of some arguable side stage seats that depend on personal preference.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898
    nycrats said:

PJ_Soul said:

10C gets the best seats they can in the venue. What that means depends on the venue and probably TM, since they are such bastards. Pretty simple.

Actually ticketmaster has nothing to do with it. 10club does indeed have control over TMs seat pool. Pj gets the best seat pool available to TM and the venue controls the rest, apart from the promoters, band tix etc. no one will ever buy a better seat on tm than 10club with the exception of some arguable side stage seats that depend on personal preference.
    Okay, that's something. I just threw them in because I figured if there is a way TM could benefit from this, they certainly would.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • TaftTaft Posts: 454
    jasonw said:

I haven't been on here regularly for years and only come now during tours and it always reminds me exactly why I don't post here anymore. And I don't mean the OP.

Thank you for that. You are right for sure, lesson learned!
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

The only time I was legit upset with my 10C seats was at MSG in 2008. I was in my normal section towards the back of the floor but the row had an odd number of seats and it just so happens that I was given the last seat in the row along with the seat directly behind it in the next row. I actually called 10C from the venue to complain, but there was obviously nothing they could do.

If it makes you feel any better I don't think they do that anymore. My single MSG seat is an aisle seat in the floor behind GA (usually 10c seats, I got this single off Tz
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    I think your beef lies with the venue policies, corporate ticket holders, season ticket holders, scalpers, ticket sellers and promoters. If not for 10C tix, you'd likely be at home on Periscope.
  • Our seats were not as good as FLL but Would still call them great seats. We initially sat down in the wrong section and thought our seats were fine. Then we realized our mistake and moved to our real seats which was one section closer so it felt like getting an upgrade!
  • smaksmak Posts: 232
    I have 5 digit 10 club. Cousin has low 100,s. Last night I was row 14 basically aligned with 2nd or 3rd person in GA. cousin was 4 rows up. Great seats. Mikes side.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,688
    Im a long time member with a 5 digit membership number in the mid 70s.

At FLL I was 2 rows up from the floor in the section just in front of the stage on Stone's side.

In MIA we were 14 rows up, first full section in front of stage, Mike's side.

A clear difference.

I am used to being in the first couple of rows close to the stage. So imagine my surprise and disappointment to see row 14 when I picked up my tickets. But I also realize that 10club doesnt have full control of ticket locations. That they depend on the venue for seat allocations. I appreciate everything that the 10club does for us in regards to tickets. Just have to man up and move on and enjoy the show.

And I don't think the 10club has "jumped the shark".

My 2 cents