Options

Guns N' Roses Tour:

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    wall232 said:

Cheapest VIP for MetLife was about $490 a ticket, and it came up in section 1 on the floor. You also didn't need a code to purchase VIP tickets.

I signed up for the Nightrain membership at 10:20am and kept trying until 11:30. Was about to stop when I landed sec 114 row 6 with the TM app, A bit pricey but after trying for so long I bit the bullet. Still a lot les than the cheapest VIP.

That's lame about the VIP, because I pulled non-VIP section 1 tix, like row 13. Maybe VIP was the first few rows but still! I assumed they would have put VIP in the center sections.

The funniest VIP level to me is the one where you could get GA tix to the risers by the soundboard. Towards the back of the floor. I think it was $625 for MetLife stadium. Why would I want to pay that amount of money to be in the back? Makes no sense.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,203
    I think i blew 45 bucks.... at first all I got was we can't process your order, one browser stuck searching while another browser started to pull up crappy tickets.. ugh
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Suziemay said:

wall232 said:

Cheapest VIP for MetLife was about $490 a ticket, and it came up in section 1 on the floor. You also didn't need a code to purchase VIP tickets.

I signed up for the Nightrain membership at 10:20am and kept trying until 11:30. Was about to stop when I landed sec 114 row 6 with the TM app, A bit pricey but after trying for so long I bit the bullet. Still a lot les than the cheapest VIP.

That's lame about the VIP, because I pulled non-VIP section 1 tix, like row 13. Maybe VIP was the first few rows but still! I assumed they would have put VIP in the center sections.
    Yeah, I was kind of surprised to see VIP that far over. I forget what row it was, as soon as I saw the price I released them and went to sign up for the fan club.
    Zod said:

I think i blew 45 bucks.... at first all I got was we can't process your order, one browser stuck searching while another browser started to pull up crappy tickets.. ugh

I was feeling the same way, thought I just wasted $45 and was just about to stop to head out for the day. Tried one last time and hit the jackpot, I guess I just got lucky. Sort of makes up for going 0 for 10 during the Pearl Jam lottery. Lol.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I ended up getting section 108 row Q. Still were full priced at 250 plus service charges. Looking at the seating map those tickets are better than a fair chunk of the centurylink field. Not as good as I hoped... but sometimes I forget how much harder it is to get tickets for Seattle shows compared to Vancouver shows.

edit: I'll probably try the regular onsale friday. If I score better tickets I'll try and sell these ones. At least I'm in the door with ok tickets.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    mahndogmahndog Posts: 394
    i scored 2 for toronto, had floors, 250 each so i tried again, had 200's but they were gone b4 i could hit next, got 500's same thing then sold out. . . tried again on mobile app got 9th row 500 level 100 each. side stage. happy i got any as i will be working when public on sale happens. never saw em back in the day so im pretty pumped :-)
    Toronto 9.21.96/Barrie 8.22.98/Toronto 10.5.00/Toronto 6.28.03/Kitchener 9.11.05/Toronto 5.10.06/Toronto 8.21.09/PJ20 9.03.11/PJ20 9.04.11/Toronto 9.11.11/London 7.16.13/Buffalo 10.12.13

kingjeremysig.jpg
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Some footage from last night...
    http://youtu.be/b5ZpB54Vaj8
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    nocode85nocode85 Posts: 133
    Anyone else feel like the fan club sale today went extremely well? I was able to log in, view a few different ticket locations before i was satisfied and check out with ease. Wish Ten Club had been like this back in the day of F5-ing all day! ;)
    St. Louis '00, St. Louis '03, St. Louis '04, Chicago '06, LA '06, Chicago '07, D.C. '08, Chicago '09, St. Louis '10, East Troy '11(1), East Troy '11(2), Atlanta '12, Chicago '13, Oklahoma City '13, St. Louis '14, Moline '14, Milwaukee '14, Lexington '16, Chicago '16, Chicago '16
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    nocode85 said:

Anyone else feel like the fan club sale today went extremely well? I was able to log in, view a few different ticket locations before i was satisfied and check out with ease. Wish Ten Club had been like this back in the day of F5-ing all day! ;)

It was good, except that the prices are rabidly expensive. Not many people will be buying tickets to multiple shows. Also I'd have to imagine the scalpers didn't scoop up as many as they would have for Pearl Jam. How much margin really is there to tickets that are already so expensive?!? This would have gone very differently if these were $90 tix we were talking about.
  • Options
    DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 325
    Picked up 2 Nashville on the presale. Right at midfield upper deck 2nd row on the aisle for around 159.00 total. I'll take that. Awesome view from there. And yes, the presale went flawless. Awesome job by the peeps that run their fanclub!
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

nocode85 said:

It was good, except that the prices are rabidly expensive. Not many people will be buying tickets to multiple shows. Also I'd have to imagine the scalpers didn't scoop up as many as they would have for Pearl Jam. How much margin really is there to tickets that are already so expensive?!? This would have gone very differently if these were $90 tix we were talking about.
    Exactly. Use experts who know how to run a sale and price services to market prices creates sanity. Interesting concept. Adam Smith should have thought of that.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,919
    only two songs off the use your illusion albums? although 8 off appetite.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Zod said:

I signed up for the fan club awhile back to make sure I got tickets. Got thru no problems this morning. Wanted to get the GA pit on Slash's side until I saw the price. WAY more than the posted 250. Ended up row 2 on the side of stadium. I'll take it, never got to see them when I was a kid during the UYI tour.

Gilmour in Chicago next week and GNR in July. Definitely 2 bucket list shows this summer. CAN'T WAIT. Most excited I've been for shows that don't involve Gaslight Anthem for a long long time.

How much were the pit tickets?
    Zod said:

I signed up for the fan club awhile back to make sure I got tickets. Got thru no problems this morning. Wanted to get the GA pit on Slash's side until I saw the price. WAY more than the posted 250. Ended up row 2 on the side of stadium. I'll take it, never got to see them when I was a kid during the UYI tour.

Gilmour in Chicago next week and GNR in July. Definitely 2 bucket list shows this summer. CAN'T WAIT. Most excited I've been for shows that don't involve Gaslight Anthem for a long long time.

Zod said:

Zod said:

Zod said:

Zod said:

1746.50 before fees
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Bought a fan club membership Thursday night on a whim hoping we'd have some access to Troubadour tix since I was not going to camp out at Tower. No luck with that but thankfully the membership's already paid for itself.
    Passed along the code to a friend who snagged a pair for San Diego.
  • Options
    nocode85 said:

I struggled for the first 10 minutes getting errors when searching for tickets. Then I had two browsers stuck waiting, and a 3rd had no problem but pull up crappy tickets 4 times in a row. I got the ok tickets about 40 mins in.

I read after in a gnr forum that people had way better luck on mobile devices. I always forget about that option. I prefer to do it on the PC but mobile devices seem to have a leg up these days.
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    These expensive half a band reunion stadium tours really make me appreciate bands like Pearl Jam that have been together forever.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    dlymnfld said:

These expensive half a band reunion stadium tours really make me appreciate bands like Pearl Jam that have been together forever.

Same can be said for my #1 band RUSH, even though they're NO MORE that is for touring.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,047
    Cool that Slash "agreed" to play Chinese Democracy songs.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Looks like demand is high which is good. Really hoping they add a 2nd Chicago show. Wifes cousin is getting married July 1. Based on their tour schedule, Chi july 1 then Cin july 6, plenty of opportunity for a july 3 show in chi. They also have larger gaps after Bos and Ny. Thinking the chance of 2nd show in those markets is high. One can hope!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    dlymnfld said:

I guess it's 4/6ths, but they were already down those 2 guys during the UYI tours too... so basically its the UYI lineup with different subs.
  • Options
    Zod said:

dlymnfld said:

I guess it's 4/6ths, but they were already down those 2 guys during the UYI tours too... so basically its the UYI lineup with different subs.
    Technically, PJ doesn't have its original line up either. Not sure why people who hate something are so worried about it.
  • Options
    pureoc said:

Looks like demand is high which is good. Really hoping they add a 2nd Chicago show. Wifes cousin is getting married July 1. Based on their tour schedule, Chi july 1 then Cin july 6, plenty of opportunity for a july 3 show in chi. They also have larger gaps after Bos and Ny. Thinking the chance of 2nd show in those markets is high. One can hope!

Wouldn't count on it. There's a fairly consistent weekend show/mid week show pattern. NJ (there is no NY show) is a Saturday night. I don't think they're doing back to back nights and seems unlikely the added show would be a Monday or whatever.
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

pureoc said:

Wouldn't count on it. There's a fairly consistent weekend show/mid week show pattern. NJ (there is no NY show) is a Saturday night. I don't think they're doing back to back nights and seems unlikely the added show would be a Monday or whatever.
    Would be Sun July 3rd more than likely for 2nd Chi show. Yes, no b2b nights all tour. Original rumor was 2 Chicago shows. We shall see, hoping so as that will be my only chance to see em.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options

Zod said:

dlymnfld said:

Technically, PJ doesn't have its original line up either. Not sure why people who hate something are so worried about it.
    Yah I'm still in awe that Axl and Slash made up, after all that bad blood between them. Never thought it would happen. Gotta see it with my own eyes :)
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,437
    Zod said:

Zod said:

dlymnfld said:

Yah I'm still in awe that Axl and Slash made up, after all that bad blood between them. Never thought it would happen. Gotta see it with my own eyes :)
    I'm not in awe at all, not when ther gonna make MILLIONS>LOL
  • Options
    cutz said:

I'm not in awe at all, not when ther gonna make MILLIONS>LOL

I suppose but they could of made millions any time in the past 10 to 15 years. Had they gotten back together 10 or 15 years ago they'd be way further ahead, so you kind of figured it was going to be one of those things that wasn't going to happen.
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917

Zod said:

dlymnfld said:

I actually don't hate GNR. I saw them in like 91/92 in Worcester and loved the show. I wasn't knocking them as much as being grateful for Pearl Jam.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    Too bad Better didn't leak :(
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Best cover band ever and they wrote some of the best rock originals.

Enjoy the shows everybody.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago