Options

Guns N' Roses Tour:

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,204
    The Headstones played here in Victoria in the winter. It was a really really good bar show. I'm glad I didn't seen see them 3 times on the same tour... I think I've seen them 3 times but that's spread over 15 years.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    halv said:

JK_Livin said:

Wish it was Skid Row.

If they had Sebastian Bach back that would be amazing! First time I saw skid Row was way back and they were opening for Bon Jovi. They were soooo much better than Bon Jovi. I haven't seen them since.
    Same here and I did mean with Bach.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Zod said:

The Headstones played here in Victoria in the winter. It was a really really good bar show. I'm glad I didn't seen see them 3 times on the same tour... I think I've seen them 3 times but that's spread over 15 years.

I saw them 7 times since the last album came out (Winnipeg x3, Brandon, Toronto, Kingston, Niagara Falls). might have been a bit much. :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Guess Adler joined em on out to get me and my michelle tonight in cinci.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    pureoc said:

Two songs would seem to be his max these days. Or is he doing better than he was on Dr. Drew?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Went to Cincinnati last night. The show was fucking great.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    dankind said:

pureoc said:

Two songs would seem to be his max these days. Or is he doing better than he was on Dr. Drew?
    pretty sure he's find and is able to play full shows. I think he still does with Adler's Appetite.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    What's the merch scene like at these shows? Any chance of getting a tour shirt if I show up on time?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    JK_Livin said:

What's the merch scene like at these shows? Any chance of getting a tour shirt if I show up on time?

They had a ton of stuff in DC, stands all over inside.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    edited July 2016
    JK_Livin said:

They've even been offering the city specific skyline tees after the fact online, so you should be good. They also have an option to pre-order and pick up at the show, but it looks like it's just for regular full tour merch. Nothing city specific.

https://shopsidestep.com/artists/56
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • Options
    I want a tshirt but the logo is so huge on those city specific tshirts.. lol. I usually like buying tshirts with smaller more muted logo's and stuff :)
  • Options
    Thanks. Any stands outside?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Two stands outside yesterday
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Has this tour gone off the rails yet? That's great if they're actually keeping it together and playing some good shows. Also nice that they're playing "Coma" in the setlists.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    Prices for 2nd Foxborough show have dropped again, lowers that were once $280.00 now $104.50. Field seats from row 20 back are down to $104.50.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I imagine that will start happening at a lot of shows. I sold my spare pit tix below face to get rid of them, and now I can see on stubhub that people have posted their tickets cheaper than I did (Seattle show). Outside of the megacities, stadiums might have been a little ambitious? Or a little ambitious at $280USD/ticket.. lol.
  • Options
    Wish I could sell my ticket. Setlists look awful. Waste of money and not worth the hassle of driving down to The Razor.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Setlist doesn't look awful, but only having 3.5 albums to listen to for the past 25 years (I really don't spin Spaghetti Factory very much), there's some stuff I'd love to see on there. Used to Love Her, Don't Cry, Yesterdays, Nighttrain, Right Next Door To Hell, Estranged, and Get in the Ring...

I love to hear get in the ring live... that song get's my riled up lol.... but yah, they had 3.5 decent album (Appetite, Lies, UYI & UYI2). Still the setlist doesn't look bad (Except for the Chinese Democracy songs). I'm pretty stoked to be going. If they charge $275 again on the next tour, this will be my only time, so I'll make it count.
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Zod said:

Setlist doesn't look awful, but only having 3.5 albums to listen to for the past 25 years (I really don't spin Spaghetti Factory very much), there's some stuff I'd love to see on there. Used to Love Her, Don't Cry, Yesterdays, Nighttrain, Right Next Door To Hell, Estranged, and Get in the Ring...

I love to hear get in the ring live... that song get's my riled up lol.... but yah, they had 3.5 decent album (Appetite, Lies, UYI & UYI2). Still the setlist doesn't look bad (Except for the Chinese Democracy songs). I'm pretty stoked to be going. If they charge $275 again on the next tour, this will be my only time, so I'll make it count.

Saw the 2nd soldier field show and it was awesome. You won't be disappointed. They play basically all of appetite, my only gripe was nothing off lies.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    I've never even listened to Chinese Democracy or The Spaghetti Incident. I took a stand in my youth!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    dankind said:

Wish I could sell my ticket. Setlists look awful. Waste of money and not worth the hassle of driving down to The Razor.

And I just read that Foxborough is being inflexible about its curfew.

Bad news: shorter set.

Good news: Maybe they'll cut the three Chinese Democracy songs or the two "jams" or five covers (six if you include that one of the "jams" is a cover) or the three Axl masturbatory yarns ("Coma," "Estranged," "November Rain").
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,048
    Ppl shitting on CD are such sheep.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Ppl shitting on CD are such sheep.

I would never shit on it, especially knowing how much time and effort went into the making of it, but I will say that I gave it quite a few listens and tried to like it, but it's just too overwrought and grandiose for my taste.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

dankind said:

Good news: Maybe they'll cut the three Chinese Democracy songs or the two "jams" or five covers (six if you include that one of the "jams" is a cover) or the three Axl masturbatory yarns ("Coma," "Estranged," "November Rain").
    They better not cut Coma.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

What section are you in? I'll buy you a beer during it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Prices for 2nd Foxborough show have dropped again, lowers that were once $280.00 now $104.50. Field seats from row 20 back are down to $104.50.

Got an email today about four tickets for $100 for July 20. I don't think they'll even get into the black for that second show at the Razor.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    dankind said:

Poncier said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

:lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    dankind said:

Poncier said:

Got an email today about four tickets for $100 for July 20. I don't think they'll even get into the black for that second show at the Razor.
    I'm hoping for a very sparse crowd and light traffic in and out of Krafty Bob's Razor.

The 4 packs are in sections 201-205 and 236-240, not great seats, but for 25 bucks a pop not a bad deal.
  • Options
    dankind said:

Poncier said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

In first row of section 130. But I gave up beer a long time ago. Feel free to buy me a soda or a water, especially if its a hot night. ;)
  • Options
    Poncier said:

dankind said:

Poncier said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

In first row of section 130. But I gave up beer a long time ago. Feel free to buy me a soda or a water, especially if its a hot night. ;)
    Oh dang. You're on the other side of the field. I think we're in 111. I'll just have to stuff your beverage into a deflated football and whip a tight spiral over to you.

Also, it sounds like you're doing July 20, and we're going on the 19th. In that case, it's too long of a toss from the north shore.

Perhaps we can play some catch during PJ's Fenway weekend, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM