Options

Guns N' Roses Tour:

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,201
    edwho said:

Best cover band ever and they wrote some of the best rock originals.

Enjoy the shows everybody.

I thought that was a slight until I remembered they did some of the best covers ever. Knockin' on Heavens Door, Live and Let Die, Sympathy for the Devil, Attitude, etc.... It's a shame the spaghetti incident didn't turn out better than it did.
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    ^^Yes! Ones you mention plus stuff like Mama Kin or Dead Flowers.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    crap.... so I went to check out other presales and there's a presale from CITI bank. They had alot more seats than what was availble to the fan club. They actually had seats in s106 (the straddles the stage/pit) for $100 less than the ones I bought in s108. Decided to buy them. Wouldn't let me check out (probably because I don't have a CITI card) but I was able to check out with VISA checkout instead and that worked.

Now I need to ditch my first set of tickets.... hopefully that's not too hard.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Zod said:

crap.... so I went to check out other presales and there's a presale from CITI bank. They had alot more seats than what was availble to the fan club. They actually had seats in s106 (the straddles the stage/pit) for $100 less than the ones I bought in s108. Decided to buy them. Wouldn't let me check out (probably because I don't have a CITI card) but I was able to check out with VISA checkout instead and that worked.

You could try asking TM if they can offer you a refund. Say that you pulled a better seat in this presale than you did in the fan club presale (wtf). It has worked for me in the past.
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Zod said:

You could try asking TM if they can offer you a refund. Say that you pulled a better seat in this presale than you did in the fan club presale (wtf). It has worked for me in the past.
    I tried... they couldn't do it easily. They send a message to the venue to see if they would be willing to do it. Said I would get a response in 24-48 hours.

It's ridiculous how much better the tickets are from the CITIbank presale. Theirs craploads of tickets everywhere in almost every section.
  • Options
    Zod said:

Suziemay said:

Zod said:

I tried... they couldn't do it easily. They send a message to the venue to see if they would be willing to do it. Said I would get a response in 24-48 hours.

It's ridiculous how much better the tickets are from the CITIbank presale. Theirs craploads of tickets everywhere in almost every section.
    Fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    Zod said:

Suziemay said:

Zod said:

I can't believe I actually bought these expense ass tickets! Yeah, the Citi presale got me good seats in the lower level at AT&T in SF. At least I will be able to see, not being on the floor.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,769
    This would have been a cool Pemberton freebie
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    Zod said:

The tour got announced today. Closest they come to here is at Century Link field in Seattle. Best tickets are 250 US (and $45 more if you want to try and use the fan club to procure tickets). I know AXL's voice isn't great anymore but I so want to go... It'll implode... so if I miss it, It'll probably nag me like not spending a fortune to see Zeppelin when they played a single show in England...

I did spend a fortune to see Zeppelin at that single show in the UK and i have never regretted it. Greatest concert i ever attended. Its been almost 10 years and they never did it again. The money is long gone but i have my memories and a bunch of photos. If you want to see GNR that bad - do it! You will regret not going for sure.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/albums/72157603836443125
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 773
    Holy Shit! I just scored GA PIT tix at the $250 price level through a radio station pre sale!
    Fuck yeah!
  • Options

Holy Shit! I just scored GA PIT tix at the $250 price level through a radio station pre sale!
    Fuck yeah!

woo hoo!
  • Options

Fuck yeah!

sweet... I guess I'll keep trying today too.... it's gonna suck having to offload spares.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Philly tix secured
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Still no luck with pit tix. Ticketmaster's website is getting really bad. Lots of windows stuck on searching. My phone pulled up a pair in a presale even though I searched on the computer first..... In fact I'm still in "searching" in two browsers on the PC.

And I got pit tix on Duff's side!! Not as good as Slash's side.. but damn....!!
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited April 2016
    I got upper deck end zone seats in Philly $45ea. I saw them at the Tower Theatre in '88.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 773
    Zod said:

Still no luck with pit tix. Ticketmaster's website is getting really bad. Lots of windows stuck on searching. My phone pulled up a pair in a presale even though I searched on the computer first..... In fact I'm still in "searching" in two browsers on the PC.

And I got pit tix on Duff's side!! Not as good as Slash's side.. but damn....!!

Nice work! It's funny, before the presale this morning I told my wife we want Slash's side of the pit... like we would ever throw pit tickets back to go for our preferred side. LOL! When the tickets came up I didn't really think about it, as I was stunned to even pull ga tix. After everything was done and I received confirmation, I realized we got Slash's side.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,440
    edited April 2016
    Axl busted his foot, but shows are still supposed to go on.
    Post edited by JOEJOEJOE on
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Axel (Axle?) busted his foot, but shows are still supposed to go on.

It is and they are. Apparently he used Dave Grohl's throne at the show last night.... rolling stone posted a pretty favourable review. I think it's the 2 vegas shows and 2 cochelle shows then its 3 months until the rest of the tour... hopefully thats enough time to heal.
  • Options
    Wow. What a great set list. Sprinkled in Wish You Were Here and Layla instrumentals.....cannot wait.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Zod said:

JOEJOEJOE said:

Axel (Axle?) busted his foot, but shows are still supposed to go on.

It is and they are. Apparently he used Dave Grohl's throne at the show last night.... rolling stone posted a pretty favourable review. I think it's the 2 vegas shows and 2 cochelle shows then its 3 months until the rest of the tour... hopefully thats enough time to heal.
    They also have 2 Mexico City shows the week bw the 2 Coachella dates.

Tour starts June 23, so he has 2 months before it starts.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,043
    Does it feel like a "Axl with friens" show like 01-14 or was the concert different in anyway with Slash, Duff and the synth-girl?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Does it feel like a "Axl with friens" show like 01-14 or was the concert different in anyway with Slash, Duff and the synth-girl?

Most of the reviews seems to indicate it feels like GNR. People are crapping on Adler and Izzy not being there... but they weren't there for UYI tour either (which as far as I remember was the biggest most epic tour they ever did). Matt Sorum and Gilby Clarke did that tour.
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    edited April 2016
    If this is going to be in regular rotation I believe I am going to the Cincy show.....I am very impressed in how great Axl sounded, but even more so that Slash nailed every single note of Estranged and Coma...Estranged has not sounded right since 1993.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkFPE5E_rlQ&nohtml5=False
    Post edited by TL170678 on
  • Options
    DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 325
    Seeing them in Cincy and Nashville. First saw them in 92 on the UYI tour. Hearing this is incredible Extremely surprised how good Axl sounds! WOW! And the Grohl throne is money!!!
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    edited April 2016

I've read Axl's Mickey Mouse shirt is a big FU to people who criticize his singing. Some fans say he sounds like Mickey on a bad night.
    Post edited by edwho on

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Great photo!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Great photo!

They definitely look happy.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    secured Toronto, looking forward to it...hopefully this is not a one and done tour and maybe we get new GNR music in the future.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    lukin2006 said:

secured Toronto, looking forward to it...hopefully this is not a one and done tour and maybe we get new GNR music in the future.

I really hope if they write an album that Izzy is involved. He hates the grind of touring and promotion, but loves writing and studio work. I feel like he brought a certain element that can not be replaced.... Like his love for the Stones and classic rock really has a good influence on the other members.

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I got nosebleed seats, this is my 'birthday show' this year!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless