Options

Guns N' Roses Tour:

ZodZod Posts: 10,103
The tour got announced today. Closest they come to here is at Century Link field in Seattle. Best tickets are 250 US (and $45 more if you want to try and use the fan club to procure tickets). I know AXL's voice isn't great anymore but I so want to go... It'll implode... so if I miss it, It'll probably nag me like not spending a fortune to see Zeppelin when they played a single show in England...

Comments

• Options
    Not sure where you're getting the news about Axls voice. It may be hit and miss, but he was just fine when I saw them a couple years ago.

This is the show of the summer. Even if it breaks mid way thorough or some other inevitable chaos, I can't wait.

What a great summer of shows..PJ @msg, Dead and Co @ Citifield, GnR @ Giants Stadium, PJ @ Fenway

(With the Copa America @ Giants Stadium thrown in for ha has.)
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,492
    I stand by my stance that this will be an unmitigated disaster
  • Options
    They are playing Sunset Blvd tonight. $10 tix limit 1 per customer. Don't you wish PJ was that much of an unmitigated disaster just once? Back to the Beginning.

http://www.gunsnroses.com/news
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    It's kind of why I want to see it on this tour. I'm fairly certain it's all about the money (Slash got divorced to a long time spouse, he needs some big shows to start rebuilding). I know Axl/Slash had serious bad blood between them, but to see them on stage together. It's like getting Episode VII. You never thought it would happen. It might not be the greatest, but the kid in you still wants to go see it :)
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,880
    I'm down…. I'm going to do what I can for the DC show in June. I think it would be awesome to catch GNR this year! I hope they come out and just absolutely destroy it and prove all the negative people wrong (I don't even care if it's about the money) If they don't, so be it.. I just think it's fkn cool one of the best bands ever are getting back out there for another ride….. Love GNR…..
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    Is this the 20th leg of the Use your Illusion tour?
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    TL170678 said:

Is this the 20th leg of the Use your Illusion tour?

Haha! They should open their shows with "Right Next Door to Hell" on this tour.

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    The short clips sound awesome.

I'm in the minority, but I think the reunion is gonna be a huge success with only a few hiccups. Slash and Axl(especially) have matured a ton and Duff is in a much better place these days to serve as a good middle man.

I know people are whining about no Izzy or Adler, but their replacements fit the bill really well. Much better than guys like Gilby and Sorum.
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    Did anyone join the fan club? Do they give you a presale password to buy tix through TM, or do you buy the tix through them?
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    I saw GnR back in the day @ Boston Garden. It was a great show. They were only about 1 1/2 hrs late coming on. lol
    This coming tour will be a different story. Are you people joking? You think Axil's voice is OK? I totally disagree. His voice is no where like it use to be. Slash's last band sounded more like GnR than Axil's GnR did.
    Also, you don't think they won't self implode half way through the tour? I wouldn't pay extra for tickets just in case. Which will be impossible since legal scalpers will be all over this ticket sale. When they cancel the show that you were going to, you'll only get ticket price back. Not all the extra money you paid to the scalper.
    This will be the biggest disappointment tour of the decade. I'll pass.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    got my tickets for DC great seats through the nighttrain club
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    When was the last time Axl had a meltdown? I've heard him sound crappy(also really good for his age and singing style) and seen some freeze frames of him looking hilarious, but that will happen to anybody putting effort into something.

I think they're gonna sound much closer to Slash's band and tell GnR than the most recent GnR since they're dumping the heavy guitar guys, and keeping the one closest stylistically to Izzy.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=b5ZpB54Vaj8#t=13

compilation of clips from the show last night
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    the_don said:

Did anyone join the fan club? Do they give you a presale password to buy tix through TM, or do you buy the tix through them?

I signed up. You get a unique code to use on TM. It's tough. TM lists the ability to buy a fan club membership when you buy tickets, but the presale for that starts an hour after the presale for existing members. So I took a chance and prepaid the 45 bones. It looks like there's two small pit sections up front. Even smaller than the pits at PJ shows. How cool would it be to be in there?
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    That's why I didn't sign up and now it says if I sign up, I can't buy tickets until tomorrow.. kinda sucks
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    the_don said:

That's why I didn't sign up and now it says if I sign up, I can't buy tickets until tomorrow.. kinda sucks

I probably wouldn't chance it but I think it says that because they put that banner on the website yesterday when the tour was announced.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited April 2016
    Reading a lot about good chemistry and Axl sounding great. They did a group hug at the end. Played 17 songs total including two songs from Chinese Democracy and some covers
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    I signed up for the fan club awhile back to make sure I got tickets. Got thru no problems this morning. Wanted to get the GA pit on Slash's side until I saw the price. WAY more than the posted 250. Ended up row 2 on the side of stadium. I'll take it, never got to see them when I was a kid during the UYI tour.

Gilmour in Chicago next week and GNR in July. Definitely 2 bucket list shows this summer. CAN'T WAIT. Most excited I've been for shows that don't involve Gaslight Anthem for a long long time.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options

I signed up for the fan club awhile back to make sure I got tickets. Got thru no problems this morning. Wanted to get the GA pit on Slash's side until I saw the price. WAY more than the posted 250. Ended up row 2 on the side of stadium. I'll take it, never got to see them when I was a kid during the UYI tour.

Gilmour in Chicago next week and GNR in July. Definitely 2 bucket list shows this summer. CAN'T WAIT. Most excited I've been for shows that don't involve Gaslight Anthem for a long long time.

How much were the pit tickets?
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    April 1, 2016 Hollywood setlist

1. "It's So Easy"
    2. "Mr. Brownstone"
    3. "Chinese Democracy"
    4. "Welcome to the Jungle"
    5. "Double Talkin' Jive"
    6. "Live and Let Die" (Wings cover)
    7. "Rocket Queen"
    8. "You Could Be Mine"
    9. "Speak Softly Love" (Andy Williams cover)
    10. "Sweet Child O' Mine"
    11. "New Rose" (The Damned cover)
    12. "Better"
    13. "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
    14. "My Michelle"
    15. "Nighttrain"
    16. "The Seeker" (The Who cover)
    17. "Paradise City"
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Zod said:

For the East Rutherford NJ show, from what I can tell the only way to get into the GA pit was to get the ridiculous VIP package for $1,750 before TM fees. No thank you. I'd be curious to see if anyone scored GA without purchasing the package. I would have also liked to have been in the pit, but wasn't willing to pay more than $500.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Suziemay said:

Zod said:

For the East Rutherford NJ show, from what I can tell the only way to get into the GA pit was to get the ridiculous VIP package for $1,750 before TM fees. No thank you. I'd be curious to see if anyone scored GA without purchasing the package. I would have also liked to have been in the pit, but wasn't willing to pay more than $500.
    Holy crap........ Who the hell can afford that? Considering what some of the big acts charge (Coldplay is upwards of $200!!!!) you start to think PJ concerts are a steal coming in under $100 & in some cases $90 per ticket.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    I would definitely go to a show if I was living stateside. Last time I saw them (88/89?) I was in the pit and a guy walked by me with a giant snake wrapped around his shoulders and neck. He made it all the way to the stage with his girlfriend following behind him and the massive snake. He didn't have to push once and nobody said a word to him. You could still get away with shit like that back then.
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Zod said:

I was trying to do some googling last night and I thought the VIP tix were for the first 10 rows behind the pit. Damn.
  • Options

Holy crap........ Who the hell can afford that? Considering what some of the big acts charge (Coldplay is upwards of $200!!!!) you start to think PJ concerts are a steal coming in under $100 & in some cases $90 per ticket.

It's the same thing as the secondary market. There's always wealthy people that can easily drop a few g's to be at the front. Charging through the roof for pit tickets gets the money to the band instead of the scalpers. I prefer PJ's method, and I agree PJ's ticket prices seem alot more reasonable that then most of the remaining arena/stadium sized rock bands out there.

btw.... I've seen other shows before where they eventually drop the leftover VIP tickets into the regular ticket pool. So it's no biggie for the band if they can't tell them as VIP.
  • Options

Suziemay said:

Zod said:

Yea, I don't understand when people complain about PJ ticket prices. I think they are perfectly reasonable.
    Zod said:

Suziemay said:

Zod said:

I was trying to do some googling last night and I thought the VIP tix were for the first 10 rows behind the pit. Damn.
    There were 4 VIP packages, one that had GA PIT (most expensive), then first 10 rows, then first 20 rows, then this dumb GA VIP riser by the soundboard that's in the back of the arena. Like, really?

I didn't even look to see if there were GA for regular people, I just looked for best available and some decent lower bowls popped up so I figured that was the best I could do. Second guessing my ticket strategy now :lol:
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited April 2016
    Zod said:

It's the same thing as the secondary market. There's always wealthy people that can easily drop a few g's to be at the front. Charging through the roof for pit tickets gets the money to the band instead of the scalpers. I prefer PJ's method, and I agree PJ's ticket prices seem alot more reasonable that then most of the remaining arena/stadium sized rock bands out there.

btw.... I've seen other shows before where they eventually drop the leftover VIP tickets into the regular ticket pool. So it's no biggie for the band if they can't tell them as VIP.
    My boss had access to the Coldplay presale for Gillette stadium. Lower bowl tickets on the opposite side of the stadium were $185.

I understand expensive VIP packages, but when the average ticket prices are north of $150, it definitely makes me appreciate the fact that the two biggest bands I'm inclined to see (PJ & Tool) are still around the $100 mark. (Felt like a God damn steal when PJ played for 3:20 in Denver '14)
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

I didn't even look to see if there were GA for regular people, I just looked for best available and some decent lower bowls popped up so I figured that was the best I could do. Second guessing my ticket strategy now :lol:

If you chose best available you would of thought the pit tickets would of popped up had they been available? The pit sections look really small, so I'm guessing there's not a while lot of those tickets. If a bunch are reserved for vip, then some more for vip's, then some more the regular sale, there can't be that many in the presale.
  • Options
    Zod said:

Suziemay said:

If you chose best available you would of thought the pit tickets would of popped up had they been available? The pit sections look really small, so I'm guessing there's not a while lot of those tickets. If a bunch are reserved for vip, then some more for vip's, then some more the regular sale, there can't be that many in the presale.
    Thanks for that, I feel better :smiley:
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Cheapest VIP for MetLife was about $490 a ticket, and it came up in section 1 on the floor. You also didn't need a code to purchase VIP tickets.

I signed up for the Nightrain membership at 10:20am and kept trying until 11:30. Was about to stop when I landed sec 114 row 6 with the TM app, A bit pricey but after trying for so long I bit the bullet. Still a lot les than the cheapest VIP.
    NYPJ