Guns N' Roses Tour:

Comments

• Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I SO hope they will tour Europe soon...
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    Alice in Chains is opening for GNR for the Kansas City and Chicago shows. This still doesn't make me want to pay the big bucks for tickets to see GNR in Chicago.

Axl does sound great with ACDC in Europe
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,201
    I still regret not going to Zeppelin and paying 3 grant for scalper tickets nearly 10 years ago. If I skipped GNR and they completely imploded again I'd be dissapointed I skipped the opportunity to see Axl, Slash, and Duff play together.

They haven't announced the openers for Seattle yet.... be awesome if it was AIC.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Alice in Chains is opening for GNR for the Kansas City and Chicago shows. This still doesn't make me want to pay the big bucks for tickets to see GNR in Chicago.

I wouldn't worry prices will be face by showtime or below for bad seats.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    Wma31394 said:

The price for the ticket I would like to get on Ticketmaster (ticket crook in my mind) is $250 face value before all the taxes and fees. This seat is in the 200 section.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options

Wma31394 said:

The price for the ticket I would like to get on Ticketmaster (ticket crook in my mind) is $250 face value before all the taxes and fees. This seat is in the 200 section.
    woah for seattle the $250 (278 after s/c) are the first 4 or 5 sections in the lower bowl (away from the stage, so 4 to 5 sections on both sides). The 2nd level is all 150 and the the seats at the end of the stadium are considerably cheaper.

• Options

Wma31394 said:

woah for seattle the $250 (278 after s/c) are the first 4 or 5 sections in the lower bowl (away from the stage, so 4 to 5 sections on both sides). The 2nd level is all 150 and the the seats at the end of the stadium are considerably cheaper.

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

Wma31394 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if you can get a ticket for below face on Stub Hub closer to the time. But of course if you want peace of mind that your ticket is legit, TM is probably the way to go. I too am stuck with a spare ticket to the first East Rutherford show, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to go below face in order to sell it. I hate that they released better tickets after the fan presale. Lame...
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Suziemay said:

I wouldn't be surprised if you can get a ticket for below face on Stub Hub closer to the time. But of course if you want peace of mind that your ticket is legit, TM is probably the way to go. I too am stuck with a spare ticket to the first East Rutherford show, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to go below face in order to sell it. I hate that they released better tickets after the fan presale. Lame...

Yah that really did suck. Out of the four sales I went into the fan club tickets were by far the worst. The Citi presale was ok, the livenation sale had good tickets, and I got my slash side pit tickets on the regular sale.

The GNR fan membership was $50 not well spent. Not only do I have to eat the membership fee, but the tickets I bought through it were the worst ones, so they are the hardest ones to sell. I'll definitely take a hit selling those. Probably have to sell them under face value.

I think the demand for tickets is bipolar. The Seattle show still looks to be only half sold out. Other places like Toronto/Chicago sold out in seconds.. a lot more demand.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,235
    So Guns' 2nd show in Foxboro was a mistake, sold almost nothing after selling out the first night, check the map:
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-foxborough-massachusetts-07-20-2016/event/0100509482BB15A8?artistid=735218&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&tm_link=search_msg-0_0100509482BB15A8

So they just dropped prices. the $280 lowers have dropped to $155, the $155 lowers have dropped to $104.50.
    Just grabbed seats that used to be $280 for $155 in section 130.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I'm worried they'll do that for Seattle, which would make it even harder to ditch tickets bought at face. I think there's only a few sections left with $250 tickets though, so maybe they won't. For Seattle the $250 tickets are the floor, pit, and first 5ish sections on each side in the lower bowl. Back of the lower bowl is $150, and the the middle bowl (2nd level?) is also $150. I think the really crappy tickets at the top and back are under $100.
  • Options
    I sold my s108 Seattle tickets for $503 USD which was a loss of 60usd. I think I made about 20 cdn on my side stage tickets (which were much easier to sell because for some reason the side stage tickets in Seattle were $150+fees).

Now I only need to sell my extra pit tix on Duff's side. Hopefully I get a little extra to cover the loss on that other pare, but even if I get face value, at least I haven't lost a fortune over all. People are selling pit tickets on stubhub for $325ish. Why would you buy face value tickets for $278 4 or 5 sections back on ticketmaster when for a pittance more you can be in the pit :) I was really worried about those s108 tickets. Seattle is selling so slowly I was worried they might start dropping prices.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Poncier said:

So Guns' 2nd show in Foxboro was a mistake, sold almost nothing after selling out the first night, check the map:
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-foxborough-massachusetts-07-20-2016/event/0100509482BB15A8?artistid=735218&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&tm_link=search_msg-0_0100509482BB15A8

So they just dropped prices. the $280 lowers have dropped to $155, the $155 lowers have dropped to $104.50.

I'm guessing this show will be cancelled due to lack of ticket sales
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited May 2016
    Selling a ticket for the Saturday 7/23 East Rutherford show below face. Section 113, Row 8. $280 payment through PayPal goods/services, includes USPS priority shipping within the US. I have a hard ticket and it doesn't look like transfers are allowed on TM.

PM if interested.

Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,235

Poncier said:

I'm guessing this show will be cancelled due to lack of ticket sales
    I assumed that was a possibility but hoped the lowering of prices would spur sales. Doesn't seem it has yet. I hope the show goes on, told my 12 yr old we're going, and would be fine with the building being at 30% capacity, would make traffic a lot lighter getting in & out of there.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    GNR in a couple days baby!!.......you're gonna DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :smiley:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    FoxyRedLa said:

Yup! Can't wait. With AIC, no Layne, but I'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone Thursday night. I ended up getting section 112 for $125 /per. Where are you sitting?
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Never thought I'd get to see GnR. Pretty excited for Thursday. 1st show off the tour has to be a good one, right?
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Yup! Can't wait. With AIC, no Layne, but I'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone Thursday night. I ended up getting section 112 for $125 /per. Where are you sitting?
    Super geeked!! :rock_on:

I am up in the bleeds somewhere. I just wanted in the building to hear the music. This will be my first trip to Ford Field too - cannot afford to see the Lions :lol:

I wouldn't have thought I'd ever see either band! Wahoooooooo!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Gtilley8 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

I am up in the bleeds somewhere. I just wanted in the building to hear the music. This will be my first trip to Ford Field too - cannot afford to see the Lions :lol:

I've never seen a concert at Ford Field - heard it leaves a bit to be desired, sound-wise. Been to a couple of Lions games (free tickets), and the venue has some cool features. There's not really a bad seat in the house. So you should have a good vantage point regardless of where you're sitting.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Gtilley8 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Gtilley8 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

I've never seen a concert at Ford Field - heard it leaves a bit to be desired, sound-wise. Been to a couple of Lions games (free tickets), and the venue has some cool features. There's not really a bad seat in the house. So you should have a good vantage point regardless of where you're sitting.
    Awesome thanks!
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Gtilley8 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Never thought I'd get to see GnR. Pretty excited for Thursday. 1st show off the tour has to be a good one, right?
    Enjoy it. I got to see them open up for Motley Crue on the Girls, Girls, Girls tour back in 1987.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

Gtilley8 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Enjoy it. I got to see them open up for Motley Crue on the Girls, Girls, Girls tour back in 1987.
    The first time I ever spent my own money on music was the paradise city single...... On cassette, with, I think, move to the city as the b-side. Still remember opening it up. I think I was 7 years old. This has been a long, long wait.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    EM194007 said:

Gtilley8 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

If only I had a time machine :) It'd be awesome to see bands before they got big, or just as they were taking off. Unfortunately sometimes the best we can do is see them 30 years later :)
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:

The first time I ever spent my own money on music was the paradise city single...... On cassette, with, I think, move to the city as the b-side. Still remember opening it up. I think I was 7 years old. This has been a long, long wait.

Wishing that you have one great show and a great time enjoying it. Axl has sounded good on the AC/DC Euro shows, so, it should be great.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

Gtilley8 said:

Wishing that you have one great show and a great time enjoying it. Axl has sounded good on the AC/DC Euro shows, so, it should be great.
    I was very surprised with how Axl sounded, and most importantly, with how he conducted himself. I noticed something different when watching clips from that Sunset Strip show a couple months back. Axl was happy. It's like, he knew he screwed up, he finally took ownership, and he knows this is his last and only chance to make amends. I'm expecting a good one.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Zod said:

If only I had a time machine :) It'd be awesome to see bands before they got big, or just as they were taking off. Unfortunately sometimes the best we can do is see them 30 years later :)

But that bad part about seeing them back then, is, I'm getting (have gotten) old. :frowning: But, like you, I wish I could go back and see some of the shows in the 60's & 70's.

GnR and Soundgarden played the football stadium the Dolphins play in on New Years 91/92. $16.50 a ticket for a great show, couldn't beat it.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I was lucky enough to see them at the Tower theatre in Philly 87 or 88, open for Aerosmith and the coheadline tour with Metallica.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I was lucky enough to see them at the Tower theatre in Philly 87 or 88, open for Aerosmith and the coheadline tour with Metallica.

A buddy of mine always talks about that monsters of rock tour with Metallica with great reverence. My uncle was at that newly-posted-on-YouTube show in Indiana where they walked out an hour and a half late and played the hits of use your illusion a month before it came out. I can remember him coming home and talking about all these never heard before songs.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL