Pearl Jam 2016 tour merch

Comments

• JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,398
    edited August 2016
    Merch trucks around the city just like the Fare Thee Well shows.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    900 south wabash....still available
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,939
    zevilone said:

did mrtsurt just take down his twitter page?

What the deuce?!? https://twitter.com/mrtsurt

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    zevilone said:

Good god...what are people doing to this guy?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    why is dude all pissed off? didn't he just help sell about a billion dollars worth of merch in boston?

also, why are people freaking out, from what I can tell they are going to be selling merch for 5 days again so everyone should have plenty of opportunity?
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    If they just posted the damn Wrigley merch sale, everyone would chill for a minute.

If they just posted the damn Wrigley merch sale, everyone would chill for a minute.

Or at least know what they were freaking out about. Either way...progress.

• I don't post here often enough to get a clear picture of the band's current audience, so I don't know who is relatively new to the show experience. That said, I vividly recall a time when you didn't see the poster, know any of the merch, or have access to purchasing it all until you were well inside the venue. It was frustrating to have to wait in line hours early if you felt the need to secure a poster, but far more enjoyable seeing things first when you got close enough to the table.

Another plus is that it pretty much guaranteed the posters were going to the fans. Scalpers otherwise had to buy a ticket to the show to get inside and at the merch tables. During the height of the PJ poster frenzy (2003-2010, as I recall), you could only purchase one print. They even marked your hand at Holmdel in 2003 to prevent people from trying other lines.

Why do I bother to mention any of this? People now have no idea how good they have it. IG, twitter, fb--they all make it easy for fans to decide what they need to target at an upcoming show. You can try for things on more than one day, and in advance of the show so you don't even have to take it into the venue. (Hello, mangled posters from Bonner Springs 2003--the tin man doesn't fair well in paper form, either.)

The downside? Now, re-sellers don't even have to attend the show. Anyone on a lunch break near the merch tables can head over and buy anything they want.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    edited August 2016
    JimmyV said:

I know we as a fanbase can be crazy, especially so when it comes to merch. I don't doubt this guy has been flooded with questions. But am I alone in thinking it's a little weird to post an official response to people's reactions to something that hasn't yet been officially announced? Feels like cart is fully before the horse.

I agree, and also agree that he's probably just drained from all the comments he read about Fenway. However, I think he should just suck it up and let it go. He is running a business after all. If someone has a legitimate concern he should address, ignore all the other garbage. That post really does not sit well with me as someone who has been nothing but patient (and not to mention dropped an embarrassing amount of dough on Fenway merch lol). It feels like one kid messed up, and all the kids are getting scolded even though the rest of the kids had nothing to do with it.
    Post edited by Suziemay on
    edited August 2016
    demetrios said:

zevilone said:

What the deuce?!? https://twitter.com/mrtsurt

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

this is funny to me....

build up hype... fuel it to the max with maps... teases... intrigue... drama... mystery... building incredible DEMAND... then complain when everyone gets excited and actually wants to buy the stuff LOL

the 10c better be careful with what they ask for when it comes to this merch thing... not sure it ends pretty in the long run
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    edited August 2016
    Suziemay said:

JimmyV said:

I know we as a fanbase can be crazy, especially so when it comes to merch. I don't doubt this guy has been flooded with questions. But am I alone in thinking it's a little weird to post an official response to people's reactions to something that hasn't yet been officially announced? Feels like cart is fully before the horse.

I agree, and also agree that he's probably just drained from all the comments he read about Fenway. However, I think he should just suck it up and let it go. He is running a business after all. If someone has a legitimate concern he should address, ignore all the other garbage. That post really does not sit well with me as someone who has been nothing but patient (and not to mention dropped an embarrassing amount of dough on Fenway merch lol). It feels like one kid messed up, and all the kids are getting scolded even though the rest of the kids had nothing to do with it.
    You just read my mind. Except for me dropping some dough at Fenway (which I would have if I had gone ;) )
    Post edited by kellanazzie on
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    JP218404 said:

They should fill ice cream trucks with merch and drive them around Chicago pumping Pearl Jam music to catch the attention of 10 Clubbers.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited August 2016
    Washed said:

JP218404 said:

They should fill ice cream trucks with merch and drive them around Chicago pumping Pearl Jam music to catch the attention of 10 Clubbers.
    :rofl: Lots of traffic jams though...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    for the record... our merch experience at Fenway was painless and we got everything we wanted including the Thomas poster with our longest wait time in line being about 20 minutes... all of this was on Friday, the day of the show

we literally could have purchased any of the advertised merch with little to no effort, just have to be a little smart about it....
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I personally hope the merch takes a step back to the late 90's/early 2000 tours.
    Couple of shirts each for both men/women, venue specific poster, and maybe one or two "other" items, whether it be hoodies, keychains, whatever.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168

Suziemay said:

JimmyV said:

You just read my mind. Except for me dropping some dough at Fenway (which I would have if I had gone ;) )
    I probably have enough crap for the both of us lol
  • pjman75pjman75 Posts: 848
    I was legitimately excited to see the Metro, I didn't get a chance in 2013 since I was in line the whole time. I guess I should've chosen a different emoji in my comment.
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 831
    So who exactly is MrTSurt? What is his role as it relates to PJ?
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,398
    Washed said:

JP218404 said:

Stickman pops
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    pjman75 said:

I was legitimately excited to see the Metro, I didn't get a chance in 2013 since I was in line the whole time. I guess I should've chosen a different emoji in my comment.

Im not sure you will be able to see much, they usually sell the merch for shows in a small shop in between the actual entrance and the Smart Bar
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Posts: 292
    That guy is in a warehouse somewhere just burning all of the merch right now.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • chadaw76 said:

Nope. Getting drafts of eBay posts ready.... Enjoy the markup.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    I'm sure he is just stressed... there is no way he has dealt with rock band merch mania quite like this before...

he just needs to chill... and realize the internet is full of trolls and douschebags...

chadaw76 said:

Nope. Getting drafts of eBay posts ready.... Enjoy the markup.
    Cases of everything "falling off the truck" at this very moment.

Good news is that if you are in line with a buddy you can take turns running into the G Man tavern for refreshments
  • pjman75pjman75 Posts: 848

pjman75 said:

Im not sure you will be able to see much, they usually sell the merch for shows in a small shop in between the actual entrance and the Smart Bar

Ok, I understand what you mean. I wasn't aware of that. It's just an iconic place in my mental history that I've always wanted to see, even from the outside. Kinda like MSG was before May. Thanks for the info.
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
    pjman75 said:

pjman75 said:

Ok, I understand what you mean. I wasn't aware of that. It's just an iconic place in my mental history that I've always wanted to see, even from the outside. Kinda like MSG was before May. Thanks for the info.
    Yeah, I am just guessing too, maybe they will open it up and have tables set up inside. What do I know. Just going off past experience
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    What did you animals do to him???? LOL
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    I thought people were pretty complimentary and appreciative of the Fenway process
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    I feel for him. Not a great year to have a popup shop exist around the stadium with all the activity around the stadium.

5-6 months ago there was a huge flattened parking lot (where the McDonalds stood), perfect for a mega merch stand. But construction equipment is sitting in that space.