Biggest Relationship Pet Peeves

FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
edited March 2016 in All Encompassing Trip
Biggest Peeve?

This list is from an article I read.
Oh please let it rain today.
Those that can be trusted can change their mind.

Biggest Relationship Pet Peeves 34 votes

Toilet seat not ready for landing
0%
Run out of clean towels and uses yours
5%
PJSirenMignelli14 2 votes
Fingernail and cuticle buffet by endlessly biting them
0%
Nocturnal blanket or comforter theft
5%
2-feign-reluctanceEmpty Glass 2 votes
Poor pick pocketing by placing clothes in the hamper with items in the pockets
8%
brianluxFoxyRedLaElderlyWomanOH 3 votes
Snoring and keeping you awake
17%
darwinstheorydecides2dreamLukinFanWobbieMalrothSmallestOceans 6 votes
Over controlling the remote control
8%
CServantjeff2040OMGkatwoman 3 votes
Hypochondriacs r us, by turning into a baby at the first sign of a cough or cold
8%
hedonistF Me In The Braindeadendp 3 votes
Unauthorized toothbrush or razor borrowing
0%
Chronic lateness
44%
Get_RightEnkiduSprunkn7markymark550buffalojamfanNamiSVRDhand13JimmyVHesCalledDyerStevieGFrankieGAmongst the AniPJ_SoulWhatYouTaughtMeHughFreakingDillon 15 votes

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Chronic lateness
    That goes for ANY relationship. Girlfriend, friends, family, whatever.
  • Chronic lateness

That goes for ANY relationship. Girlfriend, friends, family, whatever.

I second this motion!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Hypochondriacs r us, by turning into a baby at the first sign of a cough or cold
    Sucks because he has serious, legit health issues but gah at the sniffles! Part of marriage, I guess.

I've also been known to find dollar bills in his pockets while sorting the laundry :angry:
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Chronic lateness
    We have become the couple that is always late. To say it makes me unhappy would be an understatement.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    Chronic lateness
    I'm surprised there isn't an option related to finances.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,120
    Chronic lateness
    Have to go with chronic lateness as well.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893
    :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    son of a bitch would i have a fit if someone even touched my toothbrush let allow used it. there isn't a chance in hell i'd authorize for it to be barrowed. i do not put my toothbrush among other toothbrushes. leave mine alone as it sits in the closet minding its own business or maybe this week I put it out back next to the chairs or maybe it's in the basement sitting on a old can of paint or maybe it's in the mailbox. it's not hurting a soul & doesn't enjoy other toothbrushes or other ppl besides me
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    :lol: I was looking for some :lol: replies!

Nope nothing about finances and there were 50 listed in the article.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    chadwick said:

son of a bitch would i have a fit if someone even touched my toothbrush let allow used it. there isn't a chance in hell i'd authorize for it to be barrowed. i do not put my toothbrush among other toothbrushes. leave mine alone as it sits in the closet minding its own business or maybe this week I put it out back next to the chairs or maybe it's in the basement sitting on a old can of paint or maybe it's in the mailbox. it's not hurting a soul & doesn't enjoy other toothbrushes or other ppl besides me

seriously I think I'd lose my mind if someone borrowed my razor or toothbrush. My ex used my deodorant once and I threw it out. Fuck is wrong with people?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited March 2016
    i could live w/ a time or two of using one another's deodorant but i can see how that would not be a pleasant time for others. ??? razor ??? i don't shave but once every couple years or some such garbage. i go to a hair cutting outfit for large trim tasks because if i did it on my own i would be 'ridiculous-the-screwed-up-beard-face-guy' & we don't need that. right now i've a smaller zz-top goin on & it's time. i do get out my buzz clipper that's a little cheap battery operated thing & i'll trim around my mouth every now&again when i remember i don't wanna eat it anymore

i've never used anyone's razors & not anyone ever used mine.

oops... now wait a minute

i probably used dad's razors back in 1976 when learning how to shave for a living as we split & stacked firewood. dad's razor blade handle thing was not solid chrome all fancy like the one pictured below but that was the style he used. i actually do miss shaving sometimes. it was a really fresh & clean feeling. now my mug houses leftovers, twigs & grass from small animals.

Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    There should be an all of the above option. :grimacing:
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Her hair clogging up the drains!!!
    Both the sink and the shower.
    Yet I am the one who has to do the dirty work?

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Chronic lateness

My husband would agree.

I would add - putting clothes INTO the hamper. For years my husband just dropped his clothes on the floor. I said they needed to go in the hamper. Our hamper has a lid, so now his clothes usually end up on top of the lid, not inside. But that's a little better...
    Enkidu said:

My husband would agree.

I would add - putting clothes INTO the hamper. For years my husband just dropped his clothes on the floor. I said they needed to go in the hamper. Our hamper has a lid, so now his clothes usually end up on top of the lid, not inside. But that's a little better...
    :lol:

Agreed and agreed. Lol.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Laundry/hamper/pickpocket situation is not an issue.

She hasn't done a load of my laundry in 15 years.
    I haven't touched her laundry in 15 years.
    She is in charge of the load of towels.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited March 2016
    Chronic lateness
    I am completely punctual at all times. Chronic lateness is my pet peeve with all people who do that, not just a partner. I am incredibly punctual ALWAYS. My dad taught me how important that is when I was growing up, and it stuck (good job dad!). I don't actually think I could be in a relationship with someone who was chronically late at all. Things just wouldn't get that far; I couldn't fall in love with a guy with that quality, lol. I think that chronic lateness is, in the end, after all the excuses, a result of a person not giving a fuck about the people waiting for them. I really disrespect that.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Enkidu said:

My husband would agree.

Ummm...same on both.

(but I place more blame on the bathroom sink clogs due to our cats' fur and their insistence upon drinking from the running faucet)
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,626
    If I could have a dollar for every penny, nickel, dime, quarter, one/five/ten/twenty dollar bill, shopping list, post-it note, guitar pick, postage stamp, key, pair of ear plugs, sea shell and stone that went through the laundry due to my negligence... :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    brianlux said:

If I could have a dollar for every penny, nickel, dime, quarter, one/five/ten/twenty dollar bill, shopping list, post-it note, guitar pick, postage stamp, key, pair of ear plugs, sea shell and stone that went through the laundry due to my negligence... :lol:

I'm with ya on this one B, and as guilty as charged ! :lol:
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    leaving clothes and towels on the floor anywhere in the house that they usually have worn once and would wear it again
    i have no idea if its dirty or clean its my only peeve in habits as such aside from i wouldnt like somebody using my toothbrush (do people do that) and squeezing zits constantly that they begin to smell around the body yuckky
    late dont worry me too much although im always punctual usually early infact i do understand that time and unforseen occurrences happen some people are always late get used to it crap happens
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

I just yanked out a disgusting chunk of hair from our bathroom sink. Drives me nuts

I just yanked out a disgusting chunk of hair from our bathroom sink. Drives me nuts
    i do it all the time it doesnt bother me as its just me and my mum and we both have long hair so im always cleaning the shower drain but i do it when im having a shower so i dont feel as gross but it is yuckky though lol
    feel sorry for you to have to do it
    Lmao. The brother in law complains lol similar to the drain situation but rather his wife puts her hair on the wall of the shower :lol: ewe but better than digging it out of the drain!
    i think so too
  • Poor pick pocketing by placing clothes in the hamper with items in the pockets
    I have washed a pocket knife, a lighter, rocks, acorns, golf tees, napkins, money, gum, candy, and .......
    Nothing living so far.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    FoxyRedLa said:

Lmao. The brother in law complains lol similar to the drain situation but rather his wife puts her hair on the wall of the shower :lol: ewe but better than digging it out of the drain!

I actually do that too, but I spray the wall so it goes down the drain before i get out. You guys don't have the drain cover on? I just pick it up and bang it against the toilet to get the hair off. Straight after i get out the shower. Easy peasy.

The hamper thing my mom does. It drives me fucking insane. I put laundry bags (the kind that retain their shape not the cloth kind) next to the sink for her and she still can't be arsed to put her clothes IN the bag just throws it on top. If it were my spouse doing this I'd have left him. Not even joking.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    FoxyRedLa said:

I do the wall thing too but our drain catch is screwed in. No easy peasy here!

But I'll say I really try to keep my peeves at bay for the most part. Promise I made to myself a few years ago when perspective really hit home. Clothes on hamper, shirt draped over a chair, that bathroom drawer he never quite closes all the way! I will take that any day over the alternate :)

Still, :angry: over the baby-when-sick shit though.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,120
    Chronic lateness
    What about hair plastered to the wall because of a hair dryer? You'd swear my wife was bald based on the wall. Luckily she does clean it up, so I can't complain about it.
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    edited March 2016
    Add in farts too. Its like a double metronome all night long.

And I'm officially not signing her up for the 10 club.
    Post edited by Malroth on
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.