Options

Trump's rally in Chicago stopped due to protests

Comments

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    myoung321 said:

You must watch MSNBC too much as well as Rev. Al Sharpton's daily racist comments against whites and Republicans as a whole.

Thinking MSNBC is Liberal... now that's cute :)

People like him think (and I use think "loosely") anything even remotely left of Hitler is liberal.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited March 2016
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

This is ridiculous. We have to spell out the facts about Trump being a racist, bigot and a member of the He-Man WomenHaters Club again?! These facts came straight out of his clown faced mouth!

I'm convinced his supporters are hipnoticed you can show them videos of him encouraging people to punch protesters and they won't admit that is what his doing !! They/him see it totally different
    His supporters are the same as Obama supporters really. Substance of the man is a non-issue...they just by into the cult of personality. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.
    There are some parallels there, as with any politician with a strong following. It's the nature of our two party system. Pick a side and defend it no matter what. Not all, but yes a lot.

You just can't say the two are the same. Obama wasn't advocating violence and trying to push civil rights backwards.

For the record, I am not a huge Obama supporter. I think there is a large hypocrisy in someone who accepted a Nobel Peace Prize and then proceeded to continue drone strikes around the middle east. For all the good he has done, I don't give anybody a pass on dropping actual bombs on people.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,287
    CH156378 said:

CH156378 said:

I can't wait until this campaign is over. Hillary or Bernie will be President and we will be looking forward to the next PJ album. Maybe that's the real frustration on the right. They aren't going to win the White House.

if their voters turn out they will.
    I don't see it. They hate Obama and he won. Twice. I worry about voter turnout in the left more.
    i worry about money too. the koch brothers have largely stayed out of this one so far. they have $500 million set aside for 2016 elections and it is at their disposal. they are going to throw all of that money behind the nominee and will try to destroy clinton or sanders with it. they will use the same trump "play to the angry white man" strategy that trump is using. this will be the dirtiest general election campaign of my lifetime.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,974
    BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Too many posts to reply to specifically but what I want to ask our conservative members here is, where do you draw the line on your conservatism? Do any of you really stand with Trump and his racist, neo-nazi agenda? If so, can you really expect the majority of others who post here to accept that as a reasonable and rational choice? I'm not talking about economics of abortion or other issues that could be interpreted as having grey areas. I'm talking about Donald Trump, a man who is running for POTUS on a racist, hate based platform. If you can say, "Yes, I support that agenda" then say so. Tell us why you hate blacks and Hispanics. Tell us why it's ok in your viewpoint for Trump to encourage his followers to use violence against his opponents. Tell us why its ok for Trump to refer to immigrants as “illegals” and the children of illegal immigrants as “anchor babies". Tell us why you think these things are ok. And after you do that, please stop arguing about why some of us wonder why the hell you want to argue those points here.

I don't care if you are fiscally conservative or you hate granola or believe those of us who are in favor of peace are naive but if you support someone like Trump who promotes hate you are not going to get one inch of slack from me. Sorry, but I don't buy that kind of bullshit. No way.

Who says that Trump and/or Trump's supporters hate blacks and Hispanics? What Trump and his supporters hate are ILLEGAL (meaning not allowed BY LAW) immigrants constantly coming into our country on a daily basis.

You must watch MSNBC too much as well as Rev. Al Sharpton's daily racist comments against whites and Republicans as a whole.

(See, we can talk smack about your 100% biased news station too)
    Where do you get this stuff from? You really don't understand that Trump is a racist?

And why on earth do you think I watch MSNBC? WTF?

Or that I watch Rev. Al Sharpton? As best I can recall, I have never mentioned anything about Sharpton on AMT.

You want to talk smack about my 100% biased news station? WTF does that mean? What news station would that be?

Why are you making this shit up?
    Again...I am not a Trump supporter but I don't find him to be a racist. This continues to be the problem with all you haters. It is not rational. You should listen to this pastor's introduction to understand where his supporters are coming from

https://youtu.be/cCHZbB-M9oE
    Trump is a racist. I'm not going to repeat the evidence that has been stated numerous times on these threads. Sorry if that sounds like a cop-out but I'm not a carpenter in a circular room looking for a corner to pee in.

But now, whoa!! Why do you see me as a "hater"??
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

Free said:

Free said:

This is ridiculous. We have to spell out the facts about Trump being a racist, bigot and a member of the He-Man WomenHaters Club again?! These facts came straight out of his clown faced mouth!

I'm convinced his supporters are hipnoticed you can show them videos of him encouraging people to punch protesters and they won't admit that is what his doing !! They/him see it totally different
    I'd love to know how one can take hard evidence and twist it to suit their denial needs. Fantasy World Living!
    He would not take any blame for what's been happening this morning on meet the press refused too ! This guy is a total goon !!
    i actually watched mtp too. i hate that show. i can't stand chuck todd. he lets these people walk all over him. big russ must be rolling over in his grave.
    But let's remember, MSNBC is liberal. The naive and ignorant OP says so! :lol:
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    CH156378 said:

I can't wait until this campaign is over. Hillary or Bernie will be President and we will be looking forward to the next PJ album. Maybe that's the real frustration on the right. They aren't going to win the White House.

It wouldn't be fair of me to say that Hillary doesn't have a chance. She does have a big chance.

Bernie on the other hand...he has no chance at this point. Isn't winning enough states
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Too many posts to reply to specifically but what I want to ask our conservative members here is, where do you draw the line on your conservatism? Do any of you really stand with Trump and his racist, neo-nazi agenda? If so, can you really expect the majority of others who post here to accept that as a reasonable and rational choice? I'm not talking about economics of abortion or other issues that could be interpreted as having grey areas. I'm talking about Donald Trump, a man who is running for POTUS on a racist, hate based platform. If you can say, "Yes, I support that agenda" then say so. Tell us why you hate blacks and Hispanics. Tell us why it's ok in your viewpoint for Trump to encourage his followers to use violence against his opponents. Tell us why its ok for Trump to refer to immigrants as “illegals” and the children of illegal immigrants as “anchor babies". Tell us why you think these things are ok. And after you do that, please stop arguing about why some of us wonder why the hell you want to argue those points here.

I don't care if you are fiscally conservative or you hate granola or believe those of us who are in favor of peace are naive but if you support someone like Trump who promotes hate you are not going to get one inch of slack from me. Sorry, but I don't buy that kind of bullshit. No way.

Who says that Trump and/or Trump's supporters hate blacks and Hispanics? What Trump and his supporters hate are ILLEGAL (meaning not allowed BY LAW) immigrants constantly coming into our country on a daily basis.

Where do you get this stuff from? You really don't understand that Trump is a racist?

Or that I watch Rev. Al Sharpton? As best I can recall, I have never mentioned anything about Sharpton on AMT.

You want to talk smack about my 100% biased news station? WTF does that mean? What news station would that be?

Again...I am not a Trump supporter but I don't find him to be a racist.

Someone didn't watch that Jello Biafra video I posted. Oh, I forgot. You don't like facts. They're too "liberal" for you.

• Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

I'd love to know how one can take hard evidence and twist it to suit their denial needs. Fantasy World Living!
    Really? .....it's what a good lawyer does!
    What a crooked lawyer does.
    Like it or not, it's not being crooked, it's their obligation to their client.

Ever see Devil's Advocate?
    So, your statement is based on a movie? Seems like you are living in a Fantasy World :)

It is a good movie.
  • Options

Free said:

Free said:

He would not take any blame for what's been happening this morning on meet the press refused too ! This guy is a total goon !!
    i actually watched mtp too. i hate that show. i can't stand chuck todd. he lets these people walk all over him. big russ must be rolling over in his grave.
    But let's remember, MSNBC is liberal. The naive and ignorant OP says so! :lol:
    if msnbc is so liberal, why is their flagship morning program "morning joe" hosted by a tea party supporting republican?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

I'm using the stereotypical liberal station MSNBC just like you all like to knock Fox News for being "biased" when in fact it shows both sides of politics everyday.

And yes, I must not understand that Trump is a "racist". Please thoroughly educate me why.

And your question about what news station I'm talking about, is clearly about MSNBC since that's what I clearly said. Pay attention
    Do you seriously not see any racism in the statement about Mexico? "...they're sending rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

You don't see any racism in a Muslim ban? I know, I know, Muslim isn't a race...isn't really relevant though, only semantic.
    In that statement he's not saying that all Mexicans are rapists, but that many rapists have come over our border.

And I'm not gonna lie, the Muslim ban did have me thinking for a bit if I supported it or not. But I soon realized that the majority of radical Islamic terrorists are Muslim. And there is a real threat hanging over our heads of secret members of ISIS flying in the US with a passport and getting in easily.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. And this is a temporary ban. A ban that will be put in place until the problem can be solved.
    He's employed thousands of illegal immigrants, but he has to assume that some are good people? He's never actually met an immigrant that's a good person?
    So, if Al Sharpton said that he assumes some whites are good people, that wouldn't be racist to you? Yeah, fuckin' right.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

I'm using the stereotypical liberal station MSNBC just like you all like to knock Fox News for being "biased" when in fact it shows both sides of politics everyday.

And yes, I must not understand that Trump is a "racist". Please thoroughly educate me why.

And your question about what news station I'm talking about, is clearly about MSNBC since that's what I clearly said. Pay attention
    Do you seriously not see any racism in the statement about Mexico? "...they're sending rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

You don't see any racism in a Muslim ban? I know, I know, Muslim isn't a race...isn't really relevant though, only semantic.
    In that statement he's not saying that all Mexicans are rapists, but that many rapists have come over our border.

And I'm not gonna lie, the Muslim ban did have me thinking for a bit if I supported it or not. But I soon realized that the majority of radical Islamic terrorists are Muslim. And there is a real threat hanging over our heads of secret members of ISIS flying in the US with a passport and getting in easily.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. And this is a temporary ban. A ban that will be put in place until the problem can be solved.
    Desperate times???
    White conservatives committed more acts of terrorism in the USA than Muslims did last year... Damn those inconvenient facts.

Desperate times indeed!
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options

• Options

• Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

His supporters are the same as Obama supporters really. Substance of the man is a non-issue...they just by into the cult of personality. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.
    oh puhlease. you didn't just make that comparison.

when was obama being outright racist on the campaign trail? when was he anti muslim? when was he speaking from outright anger and emotion devoid of critical thinking? when did he advocate violence against protesters? when did he say that people need to go and beat up mccain supporters?

protesters show up because they do not like his message. they do not like his rhetoric. he is talking about taking civil rights away from people who's parents fought for those very rights. you try to take rights away from african americans or latinos and they are going to resist. white people like me will help them resist, because it is the right thing to do.

don't ever compare obama's supporters on the campaign trail to trump's.
    I am comparing the devotion to a cult of personality. Other then "hope and change" Obama didn't provide much else in way of substance. People voted for him based on a feeling. But if your looking for some specifics of divisions here are a few below...

White Americans "clinging to their guns and religion"

Telling his supporters to "argue with their neighbours and get in their faces"

Atteneding the church of Jeremiah Wright for many years when he is an anti-semite.

americans DO cling to their guns and their religion. what is wrong with that observation/statement?

does arguing with neighbors and get in their faces = take people out on stretchers and punch them in the face?

obama has as much control over what jeremiah wright said as i have over what you say. he disavowed wright. so what?

• Options

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Again...I am not a Trump supporter but I don't find him to be a racist.

Someone didn't watch that Jello Biafra video I posted. Oh, I forgot. You don't like facts. They're too "liberal" for you.

reality has a liberal bias.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Donald Trump Falls Apart When Called Out On His Racism Towards African-Americans

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/08/02/donald-trump-falls-called-racism-african-americans.html

18 Real Things Donald Trump Has Actually Said About Women

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/18-real-things-donald-trump-has-said-about-women_us_55d356a8e4b07addcb442023

Donald Trump’s History Of Saying Offensive Things And Then Pretending They Didn’t Happen

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/09/18/3703008/donald-trump-what-who-me-you-must-be-mistaken/

25 Of The Most Outrageous Donald Trump Quotes
    http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/550112/donald-trump-quotes.html#bTps6oPziovY2PUa.99
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Anyone remember that movie They Live with the late great Rowdy Roddy Piper? Those glasses seeing aliens.

That's how it feels here sometimes - not just here, either - but still...like that through the glass view allows deeming HEY! You fucking kumbayah-ing liberal. And YOU! Fucking conservative racist. Fuck you for being white, too.

Fuck you for every preconception and assumption.

Absurd.

Don't people get sick of this shit at some point? Or is it sucked up and spewed with such enjoyment as it seems to be?

Is it really so beyond the realm of comprehension and subsequent acceptance that many people embrace many views, even some conflicting? On a basic front, that one can be fiscally conservative yet pro-choice and supporting gay marriage? That one can want to provide assistance to those who need it at that time but want those handling it to not squander or mis-handle the funds to do so? To apply common sense alongside compassion?

Fuck, we teach our children about tolerance but act like asshats toward others. Sometimes this shit is like watching kids fighting on the playground and calling eachother doodyheads.

Progress is supposed to come from this?
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Anyone remember that movie They Live with the late great Rowdy Roddy Piper? Those glasses seeing aliens.

That's how it feels here sometimes - not just here, either - but still...like that through the glass view allows deeming HEY! You fucking kumbayah-ing liberal. And YOU! Fucking conservative racist. Fuck you for being white, too.

Absurd.

Don't people get sick of this shit at some point? Or is it sucked up and spewed with such enjoyment as it seems to be?

Is it really so beyond the realm of comprehension and subsequent acceptance that many people embrace many views, even some conflicting? On a basic front, that one can be fiscally conservative yet pro-choice and supporting gay marriage? That one can want to provide assistance to those who need it at that time but want those handling it to not squander or mis-handle the funds to do so? To apply common sense alongside compassion?

Fuck, we teach our children about tolerance but act like asshats toward others. Sometimes this shit is like watching kids fighting on the playground and calling eachother doodyheads.

This is what Trump wants to change.
    All this playground stuff.
    He has a lot of conflicting views - that's where progress starts.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Absurd.

I get where you are coming from, but it seems a little preachy. You rarely take sides on issues, you usually just leave comments like this one. It's easy to think a discussion looks like a childish fight from the outside, but get some skin in the game and the Rowdyness (RIP) doesn't seem so trivial. Ever watch another couple fight? It's sort of the same.

Where do you stand on Trump?
    Do you think he is racist, and more importantly, do you think that he says racist and inflammatory things to rile his fans?
  • Options
    gambs, not intended in any way to preach - and sorry you took it that way, I thought you knew me better! - but to vent at some of the shit I've seen here. My comments in the post you quoted does show where I stand on some issues. I've been pretty clear in the past as well, not to mention when I don't have a stance, or still in the process of figuring shit out.

I may have back issues but I'm not spineless.

My skin is in though as I've said before, I answer to myself first and foremost.

Trump? Not a supporter (and think what his dumbass and/or misguided fans do is on them) but I do appreciate his saying what he thinks, PC or not, vs what the handlers and PR folks of others feed their cattle.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

gambs, not intended in any way to preach - and sorry you took it that way, I thought you knew me better! - but to vent at some of the shit I've seen here. My comments in the post you quoted does show where I stand on some issues. I've been pretty clear in the past as well, not to mention when I don't have a stance, or still in the process of figuring shit out.

My skin is in though as I've said before, I answer to myself first and foremost.

Trump? Not a supporter (and think what his dumbass and/or misguided fans do is on them) but I do appreciate his saying what he thinks, PC or not, vs what the handlers and PR folks of others feed their cattle.

And this is what his fans/misguided followers rally around.
    You feel the same as them.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    hedonist said:

I knew you weren't preaching, but I did think that someone who didn't know you better might think so.
    I think he has passed beyond saying what he thinks (that's bad enough lol) and into the realm of saying what he thinks (knows) people want to hear.
    That makes him every bit the mainstream politician he claims (and his followers believe) not to be.

I have been loving the parentheses lately, it seems to me they are underutilized, commas get all the love, but interjecting a thought with parentheses seems cleaner. Really puts you into a quick aside...
    Da' Maniac.
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    hedonist said:

What is bolded is a contradiction. You support his voicing whatever, you support.
    So do you appreciate him saying he's not responsible for the hatred and violence that he's directly inciting yet, denying?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    Free said:

hedonist said:

What is bolded is a contradiction. You support his voicing whatever, you support.
    So do you appreciate him saying he's not responsible for the hatred and violence that he's directly inciting yet, denying?
    No it isn't. Appreciating someone speaking their mind and supporting what that mind says are two completely different things.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,828
    JimmyV said:

Free said:

hedonist said:

No it isn't. Appreciating someone speaking their mind and supporting what that mind says are two completely different things.
    Agreed there is a difference. But I'm not sure why feeling free to say something socially or morally unacceptable is something to be admired. Yelling the N word is certainly un-PC, but that's not a good thing either.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2016
    JimmyV said:

Free said:

hedonist said:

oy vey

edit - :bawling:
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998

JimmyV said:

Free said:

hedonist said:

oy vey

No idea what you are trying to communicate here.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Free said:

hedonist said:

oy vey

No idea what you are trying to communicate here.
    I am as crystal clear as saying I appreciate that trump says what he thinks PC or not but despise everything else about him.
    Everyone is flawed right?
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Free said:

hedonist said:

Thank you.

PJFan (and anyone else, while we're at at), it's cool if you want to assume how I feel. Wouldn't be the first time.

gambo, I write how I write.