Trump's rally in Chicago stopped due to protests

Comments

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2016

trump clowned and mocked bernie many times saying that 2 women took his microphone away from him and that that would never ever happen to him.

i suppose he is correct because he can't get his mic taken from him in chicago if he refuses to even take the stage and pick it up.

Don't shoot the messenger
    http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/13/trump-digs-in-after-weekend-violence-im-just-the-messenger
    he heard their voices loud enough to cancel the event in chicago.

he said the chicago police told him to cancel. they say they never spoke with him about canceling. another trump lie.
    The Chicago police are lying no good murdering pieces of shit. Right?
    Except in this circumstance. Now you instantly believe their side of the story?

maybe some of them are, maybe not.

when the head of a police department backs away from and absolutely contradicts a candidate that says that he greatly supports them, i tend to believe them.

then again, the cops may be denying it because they did not want to have to deal with angry trump supporters for the next few days.
    Some I assume are good people
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,174
    Free said:

This is ridiculous. We have to spell out the facts about Trump being a racist, bigot and a member of the He-Man WomenHaters Club again?! These facts came straight out of his clown faced mouth!

I'm convinced his supporters are hipnoticed you can show them videos of him encouraging people to punch protesters and they won't admit that is what his doing !! They/him see it totally different
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,414

trump clowned and mocked bernie many times saying that 2 women took his microphone away from him and that that would never ever happen to him.

i suppose he is correct because he can't get his mic taken from him in chicago if he refuses to even take the stage and pick it up.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/13/trump-digs-in-after-weekend-violence-im-just-the-messenger

he said the chicago police told him to cancel. they say they never spoke with him about canceling. another trump lie.

when the head of a police department backs away from and absolutely contradicts a candidate that says that he greatly supports them, i tend to believe them.

then again, the cops may be denying it because they did not want to have to deal with angry trump supporters for the next few days.
    Angry Trump supporters
    Angry Trump protesters.

Tuesday will be interesting.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam Posts: 1,102

rgambs said:

myoung321 said:

Post the video of Hillary barking
    Nevermind, I will.

http://youtu.be/WovYnLL9Yow
    What does this have to do with Trump? You started this thread, you should clearly understand the topic...
    Does the Captain America picture directly have to do with Trump? No, it doesn't. Not at all.

You should clearly understand what a response is, but I guess not.
    Ok now I know you are just trolling, it clearly says the word Trump in the picture...reading is not your strong suit huh?
    Calling me a troll for my political beliefs? Suggesting that I'm illiterate? I do believe that's a personal attack. Mods, are you seeing this?
    Hahaha everyone loves a tattle tale!
    You say tattle tale, I say it's calling out wrongdoing. Goes completely against the AMT rules
    settle down dude. don't let people get to you so easily.
    They don't get to me. I'm just playing the liberal game of "I'm offended by everything".

But still, it does go against the rules
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • trump clowned and mocked bernie many times saying that 2 women took his microphone away from him and that that would never ever happen to him.

Angry Trump supporters
    Angry Trump protesters.

Tuesday will be interesting.
    will be interesting here too. trump was not far from the hospital where i work. trauma teams were told to be ready in case there was a riot like in ferguson.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Free said:

This is ridiculous. We have to spell out the facts about Trump being a racist, bigot and a member of the He-Man WomenHaters Club again?! These facts came straight out of his clown faced mouth!

I'm convinced his supporters are hipnoticed you can show them videos of him encouraging people to punch protesters and they won't admit that is what his doing !! They/him see it totally different
    I'd love to know how one can take hard evidence and twist it to suit their denial needs. Fantasy World Living!
    Free said:

Free said:

I'd love to know how one can take hard evidence and twist it to suit their denial needs. Fantasy World Living!
    He would not take any blame for what's been happening this morning on meet the press refused too ! This guy is a total goon !!
  • Free said:

Free said:

He would not take any blame for what's been happening this morning on meet the press refused too ! This guy is a total goon !!
    i actually watched mtp too. i hate that show. i can't stand chuck todd. he lets these people walk all over him. big russ must be rolling over in his grave.

• Free said:

Free said:

One person can't be responsible for this. Impossible.
    Another wall needs to be built to keep these thugs out.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    eddiec said:

mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Too many posts to reply to specifically but what I want to ask our conservative members here is, where do you draw the line on your conservatism? Do any of you really stand with Trump and his racist, neo-nazi agenda? If so, can you really expect the majority of others who post here to accept that as a reasonable and rational choice? I'm not talking about economics of abortion or other issues that could be interpreted as having grey areas. I'm talking about Donald Trump, a man who is running for POTUS on a racist, hate based platform. If you can say, "Yes, I support that agenda" then say so. Tell us why you hate blacks and Hispanics. Tell us why it's ok in your viewpoint for Trump to encourage his followers to use violence against his opponents. Tell us why its ok for Trump to refer to immigrants as “illegals” and the children of illegal immigrants as “anchor babies". Tell us why you think these things are ok. And after you do that, please stop arguing about why some of us wonder why the hell you want to argue those points here.

I don't care if you are fiscally conservative or you hate granola or believe those of us who are in favor of peace are naive but if you support someone like Trump who promotes hate you are not going to get one inch of slack from me. Sorry, but I don't buy that kind of bullshit. No way.

Who says that Trump and/or Trump's supporters hate blacks and Hispanics? What Trump and his supporters hate are ILLEGAL (meaning not allowed BY LAW) immigrants constantly coming into our country on a daily basis.

You must watch MSNBC too much as well as Rev. Al Sharpton's daily racist comments against whites and Republicans as a whole.

(See, we can talk smack about your 100% biased news station too)
    Where do you get this stuff from? You really don't understand that Trump is a racist?

And why on earth do you think I watch MSNBC? WTF?

Or that I watch Rev. Al Sharpton? As best I can recall, I have never mentioned anything about Sharpton on AMT.

You want to talk smack about my 100% biased news station? WTF does that mean? What news station would that be?

Why are you making this shit up?
    I'm using the stereotypical liberal station MSNBC just like you all like to knock Fox News for being "biased" when in fact it shows both sides of politics everyday.

And yes, I must not understand that Trump is a "racist". Please thoroughly educate me why.

And your question about what news station I'm talking about, is clearly about MSNBC since that's what I clearly said. Pay attention
    Do you seriously not see any racism in the statement about Mexico? "...they're sending rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

You don't see any racism in a Muslim ban? I know, I know, Muslim isn't a race...isn't really relevant though, only semantic.
    In that statement he's not saying that all Mexicans are rapists, but that many rapists have come over our border.

And I'm not gonna lie, the Muslim ban did have me thinking for a bit if I supported it or not. But I soon realized that the majority of radical Islamic terrorists are Muslim. And there is a real threat hanging over our heads of secret members of ISIS flying in the US with a passport and getting in easily.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. And this is a temporary ban. A ban that will be put in place until the problem can be solved.
    But many things that Trump wants to do is an impossibility. How can anyone seriously think that Trump would build a giant wall at the expense of Mexico? How could he ban a person of a certain faith from coming into the country? How could he force the military to break the law? How could he deport 11 million people out of the US? The list is long of the BS that Trump says.

I'm wondering where the disconnect is? These are not things that are possible......as long as you believe in a democracy that follows your constitution.

A dictator does these things...or tries to do these things.
    FDR did similar things.

And I chuckled at your comment about breaking the law since Hillary has done just that. (And lied)
    FDR did similar things, that's correct. The Japanese internment camps used the same logic as banning Muslims. But in retrospect, it was a terrible mistake. We learn from our mistakes, not repeat them.
    America has brownophobia. There were a lot more Germans in the country than Japanese during WW2 but the Germans were white.
    Absolutely. It was racist by its nature, not just a safety issue.
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    Free said:

Free said:

Really? .....it's what a good lawyer does!

Free said:

Free said:

What a crooked lawyer does.
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Like it or not, it's not being crooked, it's their obligation to their client.

Free said:

Free said:

i actually watched mtp too. i hate that show. i can't stand chuck todd. he lets these people walk all over him. big russ must be rolling over in his grave.
    Your right he never pushes the issue Russ is def rolling in his grave damn shame !!

Free said:

Free said:

One person can't be responsible for this. Impossible.
    Another wall needs to be built to keep these thugs out.
    Dude like I said people can show you clear evidence of Trump encouraging his supporters to punch the protesters at his events ! Have you not been watching yet you still won't admit that his an instigators !!!
    Can you hear it just wait you'll hear them soon enough , how long before the Freedom fighters start showing up at his rally's to keep the peace ?
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

ckravitz said:

brianlux said:

myoung321 said:

If I were going to a website that has a MAJORITY of members that were Conservatives, then started baiting threads everyday, that I knew were going to create arguments, I would hope to begin to think just maybe I needed to rethink my need for attention.

I've asked the same questions you've asked a couple of times. myyoung, and never really gotten much a fix on it. Odd as it may seem, there are some very conservative people who enjoy the music made by a band that has been outspokenly liberal in their viewpoints. I sometimes wonder if there are very liberal minded folks who still listen to Ted Nugent. Yes, very perplexing.
    Is it really perplexing? With all due respect this can be seen as making inferences towards the old "you're with us or you're against us" mentality. Perhaps people find solace in Pearl Jam's art in ways that transcend political views. You can care deeply about people/things despite not seeing eye to eye on things political. There's a lot more to life than that! I know you know this so please don't read this as uppity or preachy but this line of discussion has come up before and it kind of comes across as exclusionary. Beyond the band preaching any type of hatred (which they obviously don't) I don't see why people of all backgrounds, opinions, etc., can't find something from them. I think it is pretty awesome that people enjoy the band despite having differing opinions and coming from different walks of life.

What do you think the band members would say if asked whether they think it's cool to question fandom based purely on political views? Beyond basic human rights stuff, politics are but a small picture of what someone is and I think they know this (but who knows, maybe I'm wrong).
    I'm not saying that people who are highly conservative should not be Pearl Jam fans. I never said that. I just find it odd. It's not like the band's liberal/progressive attributes are like their clothes of hair cuts which have changed numerous times during their career. Those progressive elements have been an integral part of they band all along. So yeah, it is perplexing... to me at least. But do I think conservatives should not be allowed to be fans? Of course they can.
    C'mon Brian...you know I'm one of these conservative fans. It is not odd at all. I always say...I like left wing music and right wing literature. I may not agree with Pearl Jam on many political issues but I absolutely love their passion. Music should be about love, introspection, idealism and expression of thought...any thought... and it only works when the artist is honest with who he or she is. Pearl Jam does this better then anyone and as a real conservative I will defend their or any progressives artist ability to speak even when it offends. Take Bushleaguer for example...it is the complete opposite from my thoughts on Bush but I actually think it is fantastic both as a "protest" song and as a straight-up art piece when the Bush mask is worn. This shouldn't be "perplexing" to you. Conservatives don't need "safe spaces" or "trigger warnings". We don't see opposing view points as "hate speech" and can actually respect those view points and even enjoy them when they are delivered intelligently. Don't be perplexed man.
    100%
    I'm glad you guys enjoy the music. I still think it's a bit strange that you come here to discuss politics. It's your perfect right, of course. But personally, I would not choose a band site that is so very much contrary to my beliefs on which to discuss politics. I might discuss the music or the weather or my cat or dog, but I would not have the slightest inclination to waste my time discussing politics. I don't see what you get out of it.

Just curious- besides A Moving Train, about what percentage of your time here do you guiys post on the various other forums sections- the Porch, Other Music, All Encompassing Trip, etc. Surely you must spend a majority of your posting time on PJ related forum sections since that's what it's about for you, correct?
    Personally I post/comment on all the pages but I specifically post in here because it is important to enter this bubble of groupthink and show that alternative thought exists within the fanbase. For many years I ignored the AMT but eventually I got tired of every conservative being labelled as a rascist, dumb, christian, hateful, backwards biggot. If you spend a few minutes reading through these pages you will see it everywhere. This is a page that is all for tolerance except when it comes to conservative thought. What i get out of countering this argument is the hope that when some of you actually start to interact with a conservative you might actually realize that we are not the characiture you make us out too be. When you see we are good people with similar interests...music, love of this band etc maybe, just maybe some will open their minds and backoff on some of the hateful rhetoric.
    Back off and tolerate what?

Mexicans are filth? Muslims are filth? People that protest need to be punched in the face? Uneducated people are awesome?

You actually expect people to 'tolerate' such values? You expect people to say, "I disagree with what you're saying about Mexican people, but I respect your opinion"? I must be missing something here.
    What you're missing is that nobody has used the word "filth" but you.
    Well isn't that the general implication? If not... then I'll modify to 'second rate human beings'. Is that about right?

And don't bother answering the questions I asked of you. You know... the ones regarding exactly what it was you expected people to 'tolerate' and 'respect'.
    It is not the "general implication". "Second rate human beings" wouldn't be correct either.
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Too many posts to reply to specifically but what I want to ask our conservative members here is, where do you draw the line on your conservatism? Do any of you really stand with Trump and his racist, neo-nazi agenda? If so, can you really expect the majority of others who post here to accept that as a reasonable and rational choice? I'm not talking about economics of abortion or other issues that could be interpreted as having grey areas. I'm talking about Donald Trump, a man who is running for POTUS on a racist, hate based platform. If you can say, "Yes, I support that agenda" then say so. Tell us why you hate blacks and Hispanics. Tell us why it's ok in your viewpoint for Trump to encourage his followers to use violence against his opponents. Tell us why its ok for Trump to refer to immigrants as “illegals” and the children of illegal immigrants as “anchor babies". Tell us why you think these things are ok. And after you do that, please stop arguing about why some of us wonder why the hell you want to argue those points here.

I don't care if you are fiscally conservative or you hate granola or believe those of us who are in favor of peace are naive but if you support someone like Trump who promotes hate you are not going to get one inch of slack from me. Sorry, but I don't buy that kind of bullshit. No way.

Who says that Trump and/or Trump's supporters hate blacks and Hispanics? What Trump and his supporters hate are ILLEGAL (meaning not allowed BY LAW) immigrants constantly coming into our country on a daily basis.

You must watch MSNBC too much as well as Rev. Al Sharpton's daily racist comments against whites and Republicans as a whole.

Where do you get this stuff from? You really don't understand that Trump is a racist?

Or that I watch Rev. Al Sharpton? As best I can recall, I have never mentioned anything about Sharpton on AMT.

You want to talk smack about my 100% biased news station? WTF does that mean? What news station would that be?

Again...I am not a Trump supporter but I don't find him to be a racist. This continues to be the problem with all you haters. It is not rational. You should listen to this pastor's introduction to understand where his supporters are coming from

https://youtu.be/cCHZbB-M9oE
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Trump is blaming Sanders for the violence at his rally...

because you can't truly be Hitler until you blame a jew for all your problems. -Heard on reddit

Free said:

His supporters are the same as Obama supporters really. Substance of the man is a non-issue...they just by into the cult of personality. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    hedonist said:

Man. Saturday night's alright for fighting, I guess?

I post all over the place. In full and in drafts.

Great vibe here tonight!

The bitches are back. Can you just feel the love tonight?
    mrussel1 said:

eddiec said:

brianlux said:

ckravitz said:

brianlux said:

myoung321 said:

If I were going to a website that has a MAJORITY of members that were Conservatives, then started baiting threads everyday, that I knew were going to create arguments, I would hope to begin to think just maybe I needed to rethink my need for attention.

I've asked the same questions you've asked a couple of times. myyoung, and never really gotten much a fix on it. Odd as it may seem, there are some very conservative people who enjoy the music made by a band that has been outspokenly liberal in their viewpoints. I sometimes wonder if there are very liberal minded folks who still listen to Ted Nugent. Yes, very perplexing.
    Is it really perplexing? With all due respect this can be seen as making inferences towards the old "you're with us or you're against us" mentality. Perhaps people find solace in Pearl Jam's art in ways that transcend political views. You can care deeply about people/things despite not seeing eye to eye on things political. There's a lot more to life than that! I know you know this so please don't read this as uppity or preachy but this line of discussion has come up before and it kind of comes across as exclusionary. Beyond the band preaching any type of hatred (which they obviously don't) I don't see why people of all backgrounds, opinions, etc., can't find something from them. I think it is pretty awesome that people enjoy the band despite having differing opinions and coming from different walks of life.

What do you think the band members would say if asked whether they think it's cool to question fandom based purely on political views? Beyond basic human rights stuff, politics are but a small picture of what someone is and I think they know this (but who knows, maybe I'm wrong).
    I'm not saying that people who are highly conservative should not be Pearl Jam fans. I never said that. I just find it odd. It's not like the band's liberal/progressive attributes are like their clothes of hair cuts which have changed numerous times during their career. Those progressive elements have been an integral part of they band all along. So yeah, it is perplexing... to me at least. But do I think conservatives should not be allowed to be fans? Of course they can.
    I get where you're coming from Brian. I do find it somewhat strange. Not strange that people who disagree with their politics can still enjoy their music- that's completely understandable. But if you are on this forum, Pearl Jam must be your favorite band, or at least in your top 3. Of course I Iisten to and enjoy bands who I don't agree with politically but if PJ constantly mocked Obama and wrote songs stating he was an asshole I really don't think I would call them my favorite band and definitely wouldn't pay money to be part of their fan club. Music and politics have always been closely intertwined. I mean, how can anyone truly appreciate someone like Bob Dylan if you promote war and violence.

When I first found out that Ann Coulter listed The Grateful Dead as one of her favorite bands I had to do a double take. Ann Coulter represents everything The Grateful Dead were against. Maybe she just likes their jams but somehow I can't picture Ann Coulter at a Dead show.

Or how Paul Ryan said his favorite band was Rage, during his VP campaign. That astounded me.
    Well, I knew a douchebag from high school who was one of those RATM fans that are perfectly described by Cobain in the In Bloom chorus. Didn't really surprise me.

If any band is a perfect example of those kind of fans from my experience, it's Sublime. It's strange how a band influenced by calm reggae sounds can be adored by Limp Bizkit worshipping douchebags.
  • BS44325 said:

Free said:

His supporters are the same as Obama supporters really. Substance of the man is a non-issue...they just by into the cult of personality. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.
    oh puhlease. you didn't just make that comparison.

when was obama being outright racist on the campaign trail? when was he anti muslim? when was he speaking from outright anger and emotion devoid of critical thinking? when did he advocate violence against protesters? when did he say that people need to go and beat up mccain supporters?

protesters show up because they do not like his message. they do not like his rhetoric. he is talking about taking civil rights away from people who's parents fought for those very rights. you try to take rights away from african americans or latinos and they are going to resist. white people like me will help them resist, because it is the right thing to do.

don't ever compare obama's supporters on the campaign trail to trump's.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

That's not true, I don't think. You may not like the policies of Obama, but he had a fairly substantial presidency. Of course we can't truly evaluate him as a president until we are through most of the next term. The success of the JPOA and whether long term, health care costs start to decline or not outpace inflation will be the barometers I believe.
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    I can't wait until this campaign is over. Hillary or Bernie will be President and we will be looking forward to the next PJ album. Maybe that's the real frustration on the right. They aren't going to win the White House.
  • CH156378 said:

I can't wait until this campaign is over. Hillary or Bernie will be President and we will be looking forward to the next PJ album. Maybe that's the real frustration on the right. They aren't going to win the White House.

if their voters turn out they will.

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Like it or not, it's not being crooked, it's their obligation to their client.

Ever see Devil's Advocate?
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

People like him lose when they go full no true scotsman saying all liberals are of this stereotype blah blah blah. I haven't watched that DINO worshipping network in half a decade. I really hate Chris Matthews, especially.
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    edited March 2016

CH156378 said:

if their voters turn out they will.
    I don't see it. They hate Obama and he won. Twice. I worry about voter turnout on the left more.

BS44325 said:

Free said:

oh puhlease. you didn't just make that comparison.

when was obama being outright racist on the campaign trail? when was he anti muslim? when was he speaking from outright anger and emotion devoid of critical thinking? when did he advocate violence against protesters? when did he say that people need to go and beat up mccain supporters?

protesters show up because they do not like his message. they do not like his rhetoric. he is talking about taking civil rights away from people who's parents fought for those very rights. you try to take rights away from african americans or latinos and they are going to resist. white people like me will help them resist, because it is the right thing to do.

don't ever compare obama's supporters on the campaign trail to trump's.
    I am comparing the devotion to a cult of personality. Other then "hope and change" Obama didn't provide much else in way of substance. People voted for him based on a feeling. But if your looking for some specifics of divisions here are a few below...

White Americans "clinging to their guns and religion"

Telling his supporters to "argue with their neighbours and get in their faces"

Atteneding the church of Jeremiah Wright for many years when he is an anti-semite.