Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,755
    Not bothering to watch the video because it's just some random babbling on youtube.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Jason P said:

What I don't get is why his comment about the judge are finally getting people to speak up. I'm certain he has said much crazier shit in the past months.

They should have shown immediate concern after that captured troops diss towards McCain.
  • Options
    g under p said:

A libertarian analysis of the #nevertrump movement

Make of note: the title of the video is not as aggressive nor as unthinking as the video's analysis itself.

If you'd like to challenge yourself, don't respond to this until you've watched through this entire 15 minutes of this video.

And at the very least, lend it 5-7 minutes of your time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LDmDLGfSgA

I personally was turned off by his constant usage of the word *retarded*......anyway around the 5:30 mark he admits he would support for Trump primarily because he wants to create chaos amongst people he hates.

Peace

So he's a cafeteria libertarian. Got it.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,482

g under p said:

Make of note: the title of the video is not as aggressive nor as unthinking as the video's analysis itself.

If you'd like to challenge yourself, don't respond to this until you've watched through this entire 15 minutes of this video.

I personally was turned off by his constant usage of the word *retarded*......anyway around the 5:30 mark he admits he would support for Trump primarily because he wants to create chaos amongst people he hates.

Peace

This YouTube video has elevated him. He is now on a pinnacle.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

g under p said:

Peace

This YouTube video has elevated him. He is now on a [b]pinnacle. [/b]
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,293

g under p said:

Peace

he reminds me of the guy from the show Silicon Valley.
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539

Jason P said:

What I don't get is why his comment about the judge are finally getting people to speak up. I'm certain he has said much crazier shit in the past months.

They should have shown immediate concern after that captured troops diss towards McCain.
    I thought the Pocahontas comments he made were by far the most offensive.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Can some post TRUMPS 10 WORST things hes said so far ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2016
    Watch out guys he's coming for you. http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/07/
    "To all of those Bernie Sanders voters who have been left out in the cold by a rigged system of superdelegates, we welcome you with open arms," Trump said. "And by the way, the terrible trade deals that Bernie is so vehemently against — and he's right on that — will be taken care of far better than anyone ever thought possible."
  • Options

"To all of those Bernie Sanders voters who have been left out in the cold by a rigged system of superdelegates, we welcome you with open arms," Trump said. "And by the way, the terrible trade deals that Bernie is so vehemently against — and he's right on that — will be taken care of far better than anyone ever thought possible."

Trump's floating away on his pinnacle.

NOT NICE!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^^^
    That is a very funny visual.
    This is Trump looking down on the clouds of politics;
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,153

yeah he says that after calling him "Crazy Bernie" for the last six months

what a douche
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    you guys are still talking about this clown?

after this election he will be considered the biggest loser in American political history and judged as an absolute fucking clown

I almost feel sorry for him
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    my2hands said:

after this election he will be considered the biggest loser in American political history and judged as an absolute fucking clown

No one will ever top Walter Mondale who lost every state except his home state.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    my2hands said:

Nah. He'll spin it and claim he started a movement or some bullshit

Or if he sees the writing in the wall maybe he'll make up some elaborate excuse as to why he has to drop out instead of getting crushed on Election Day.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Jason P said:

my2hands said:

No one will ever top Walter Mondale who lost every state except his home state.
    1972 McGovern loss was worse... Nixon also won 49 states in 1972 I believe...McGovern only got like 37% of the vote and even lost his home state?

Mondale got slightly over 40% of the vote in 1984... I don't think trump will crack 40% if it stays a 2 party election... if a viable 3rd party candidate were able to get on most state ballots he may drop below 25%

by time November rolls around this shit is going to be pathetically ugly... IF he even lasts that long
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523
    edited June 2016
    Getting the mouth breather vote is easy. About to get difficult for Drumpf.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    Smellyman said:

Thing is it's astonishing how many mouth breathers roam this country.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523

Smellyman said:

At least half the pop.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    edited June 2016

Smellyman said:

I'm not so sure that's the main reason why Trump won the primary. I imagine you think the "mouth-breathers" voted for Trump in the primary for the following reasons:

1) They're racists.
    2) They're stupid.
    3) They believe his business "success" can translate to the presidency.
    4) "He tells it like it is!"

Now look, I'm not saying there aren't people that fall into those four categories because there definitely is. But I can't see how that could translate to Trump receiving the most votes in the history of the GOP primary against a crowded field of seasoned politicians who have been preparing their entire lives for this election.

Here's what I think happened: the majority of GOP voters got sick and tired of having their intelligence insulted. Take Marco Rubio for example. I thought he was so insulting to GOP voters (I'm a Democrat, by the way). It's like he went on google and typed in "Words Republican voters like to hear" and just kept saying them over and over and over. "Ronald Reagan, Constitution, Second-Amendment, Pro-Life, Rinse, Repeat" And I think there came a time where GOP voters said "You know what, Marco? I like those things you mention in your speeches. However, I'm not a stupid dog that you can dangle something I like in front of and think I'll do whatever you say. Fuck you, I'm voting for Trump."

So I think Smellyman is right when he says that the primary was easier for Trump than the general election will be. But it's not because Republicans are stupid mouth-breathers. It's because they're sick of their party leaders' attempts to brainwash them. And Democrats (both voters and party leaders) need to get off their high-horses because everything Trump has done to the GOP could be done by Kanye West (or whoever) to the Democratic Party in four or eight years.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,642
    Smellyman said:

It is amazing that poor, under educated white people are so hated by liberals as evidenced by your comment. I guess it isn't considered racist or bigoted if it involves white people. Liberals say they want to help the poor but they would just as much love to see a Wal-Mart in Florida fall into a sink hole along with everyone in it.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    jeeeeeez ! I skimmed thru a few post....some of you are awfully full of yourselves, no surprise.

Godfather.
  • Options

Smellyman said:

I'm not so sure that's the main reason why Trump won the primary. I imagine you think the "mouth-breathers" voted for Trump in the primary for the following reasons:

1) They're racists.
    2) They're stupid.

Now look, I'm not saying there aren't people that fall into those four categories because there definitely is. But I can't see how that could translate to Trump receiving the most votes in the history of the GOP primary against a crowded field of seasoned politicians who have been preparing their entire lives for this election.

Here's what I think happened: the majority of GOP voters got sick and tired of having their intelligence insulted. Take Marco Rubio for example. I thought he was so insulting to GOP voters (I'm a Democrat, by the way). It's like he went on google and typed in "Words Republican voters like to hear" and just kept saying them over and over and over. "Ronald Reagan, Constitution, Second-Amendment, Pro-Life, Rinse, Repeat" And I think there came a time where GOP voters said "You know what, Marco? I like those things you mention in your speeches. However, I'm not a stupid dog that you can dangle something I like in front of and think I'll do whatever you say. Fuck you, I'm voting for Trump."

So I think Smellyman is right when he says that the primary was easier for Trump than the general election will be. But it's not because Republicans are stupid mouth-breathers. It's because they're sick of their party leaders' attempts to brainwash them. And Democrats (both voters and party leaders) need to get off their high-horses because everything Trump has done to the GOP could be done by Kanye West (or whoever) to the Democratic Party in four or eight years.
    Brainwash = I'm going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it, We don't win anymore, our military is weak...we need to build more ships, we don't get good deals...we need better deals

Trump = same old shit

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

Smellyman said:

It is amazing that poor, under educated white people are so hated by liberals as evidenced by your comment. I guess it isn't considered racist or bigoted if it involves white people. Liberals say they want to help the poor but they would just as much love to see a Wal-Mart in Florida fall into a sink hole along with everyone in it.
    Well you are either a supporter or not I believe your trying to find a reason to support him and just can't come up with a reason too !
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786

Smellyman said:

1) They're racists.
    2) They're stupid.

Brainwash = I'm going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it, We don't win anymore, our military is weak...we need to build more ships, we don't get good deals...we need better deals

Trump = same old shit
    Again, there's no doubt that there's people buying into Trump's shit. But I just think there's way more people in the Republican base that are sick of being preached to; having the establishment types explaining to them what "real conservative values" are and whatnot. If I was one of them, I probably would have voted for Trump too...despite seeing through all his bullshit.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    edited June 2016

Smellyman said:

I think this is a fair point that gets lost on a lot of people, myself included. That said, I also think that those poor, under educated white people completely vote against their best interests because of an underlying racism and perception of Democratic values.

• Options

Smellyman said:

I think this is a fair point that gets lost on a lot of people, myself included. That said, I also think that those poor, under educated white people completely vote against their best interests because of an underlying racism and perception of Democratic values.

no kidding...that's the overall point to be made. Why in the hell would those people vote republican? It's sheep voting for the wolf.

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    my2hands said:

I'd have bought into this eight months ago. But he keeps getting over hurdles we never thought he'd get over. And now he's running against probably the most hated person to ever hold a major party nomination for president. We're going to remember just how much everyone hates Hillary Clinton. He may be a clown, but Trump is our next President.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

my2hands said:

I'd have bought into this eight months ago. But he keeps getting over hurdles we never thought he'd get over. And now he's running against probably the most hated person to ever hold a major party nomination for president. We're going to remember just how much everyone hates Hillary Clinton. He may be a clown, but Trump is our next President.
    So you're ok with him having access to the nuclear codes even though it's been proven that his a nut case !!
This discussion has been closed.