• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    https://youtu.be/R_jq5iUqtBo

Stay Classy San Jose!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    So they are rioting, beating the shit out of people, throwing eggs, destroying property, waving Mexican flags, etc. etc. because a man has repeatedly said he wants to enforce the existing laws? I mean really, that is the core of his sentiment that has people so pissed. He wants to enforce the laws that already exist. He's not talking about creating new laws that kick everyone out who doesn't fit into the white-anglo category. He's talking about enforcing the laws that are ALREADY in place.

As I've said before, every one of you that wants to look the other way and allow illegal immigration to thrive are 100% racist and wholly support modern day slavery. End of story. Illegal immigrants are worked like the slaves of old, and held in bondage by fear and intimidation. Working in conditions that most of us have not even come close to experiencing. It's a cheap and efficient source of labor, because they are not bound by regulations.

There's nothing wrong at all with wanting to enforce the existing laws and reform immigration in a way that makes it easier for those that want to come here and contribute to do so...legally. I really don't see how wanting to vet those that come here legally could be misconstrued as racist. That's just ridiculous.
  • Options
    inmyNCinmyNC amongst many Posts: 243
    Shawshank said:

So they are rioting, beating the shit out of people, throwing eggs, destroying property, waving Mexican flags, etc. etc. because a man has repeatedly said he wants to enforce the existing laws? I mean really, that is the core of his sentiment that has people so pissed. He wants to enforce the laws that already exist. He's not talking about creating new laws that kick everyone out who doesn't fit into the white-anglo category. He's talking about enforcing the laws that are ALREADY in place.

As I've said before, every one of you that wants to look the other way and allow illegal immigration to thrive are 100% racist and wholly support modern day slavery. End of story. Illegal immigrants are worked like the slaves of old, and held in bondage by fear and intimidation. Working in conditions that most of us have not even come close to experiencing. It's a cheap and efficient source of labor, because they are not bound by regulations.

There's nothing wrong at all with wanting to enforce the existing laws and reform immigration in a way that makes it easier for those that want to come here and contribute to do so...legally. I really don't see how wanting to vet those that come here legally could be misconstrued as racist. That's just ridiculous.

I agree with your point .. Immigration problems have only worsened due to all of our politicians turning their heads and not enforcing laws that are in place. I think its because politicians don't want to lose votes. In the case of Mexican immigrants for example politicians will not enforce laws because they fear they will lose the vote of legal voting Mexican Americans. Its all about winning with these politicians.. Trump doesn't follow suit. If Trump isn't racist I'd be surprised, his comments certainly raise question.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Shawshank said:

Wrong his calling for the deportation of 11 million and the banning of Muslims , you can paint any way you want that's up to you go ahead and vote for this bafoon !!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,582
    Shawshank said:

Trump is absolutely, undeniably inciting racism and using racism to manipulate his supporters. People are mad about that, not about him wanting to "enforce the law", which is another falsehood. Saying that all Muslims should be tracked in a database is 100% NOT enforcement of the law. It is against the law.

I am not defending people using violence at all btw (I also don't equate liberals with anti-Trump violence, and I think conservatives should stop it with those accusations). I'm just saying that the anger and dismay that Trump and many of his supporters are invoking in people is completely reasonable and justified. Violence is not.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Haha. What a tool. Let him keep talking.

Trump on black supporter: 'Look at my African-American over here'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/03/politics/donald-trump-african-american/index.html
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,666
    dignin said:

Haha. What a tool. Let him keep talking.

Trump on black supporter: 'Look at my African-American over here'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/03/politics/donald-trump-african-american/index.html

Like Colbert... only he was kidding...

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,666
    edited June 2016
    Kat said:
    He keeps reinforcing my belief that this presidential run has nothing to do with public service; only about advancing his personal and/or financial interests.

He is full on mental. Good for Tapper for continuing to challenge him. Trump just keeps giving the same circular statements.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

shame on the people who assaulted trump supporters.

i can't say that i don't agree with their sentiment. but i disagree with their tactics.

happy?

Trolls will trot out the "all libs are like this" no true Scotsman crap no matter how many times you tell them.
  • Options

i can't say that i don't agree with their sentiment. but i disagree with their tactics.

happy?

Trolls will trot out the "all libs are like this" no true Scotsman crap no matter how many times you tell them.
    When you call Trump supporters "Trumphadists" what does that mean?
  • Options

happy?

I agree with protests but not violent ones. Thugs http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/donald-trump-rally-disturbance-1.3614121
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    I'm still waiting to hear how trump has single handedly turned the entire GOP and American politics upside down.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

I'm still waiting to hear how trump has single handedly turned the entire GOP and American politics upside down.

The fact that every news outlet can't find a way to shut him down.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Kat said:
    He keeps reinforcing my belief that this presidential run has nothing to do with public service; only about advancing his personal and/or financial interests.

He is full on mental. Good for Tapper for continuing to challenge him. Trump just keeps giving the same circular statements.
    Haha ha ha damn his a total bullshit artist & idiot if he thinks any Spanish Americans that can vote will for him lol lol it's absurd to think any reasonable person can't see thru this fucked up candidate !!!!!
  • Options

The fact that every news outlet can't find a way to shut him down.
    That is changing American politics? You need a lesson in American politics. If that is your serious answer, then that is sad.
  • Options
    ^^^
    I never said he is changing American politics. You asked how he has turned them upside down.
    The standard establishment quo does not work with Trump nor does it work against him.
    The media was thought to be powerful but it doesn't know what to do with Trump therefore leaving run of the mill politicians in the cage with him and they are acting like still prey.
  • Options
    I can't remember what your exact words were. It was a couple of pages ago. But you did make it seem like trump was changing the way the GOP was thinking. I'll look back in a minute. I believe my response was the only thing they are concerned about is the fact that they won't hold the WH for at least another 4 years. Trump and his antics will be forgotten about by December of this year.
  • Options

I can't remember what your exact words were. It was a couple of pages ago. But you did make it seem like trump was changing the way the GOP was thinking. I'll look back in a minute. I believe my response was the only thing they are concerned about is the fact that they won't hold the WH for at least another 4 years. Trump and his antics will be forgotten about by December of this year.

Yes the GOP is rethinking their antics because of Trump but on a whole the political process hasn't changed.....yet.
  • Options

^^^
    Trump has completely shaken the political system to it's core. The successors are in limbo and running scared because their place in line is anyones game now that Trump has climbed to the top by himself.
    Trump has put himself first in line and answers to no one. He can pick anyone he wants as his running mate as seen already - Palin. He knows how the system works and people don't like it. The rigged system is being exposed by one man. The media should be focusing on the potential successors not Trump because he is already more than the potential POTUS.

Can you provide one example of how trump has shaken the political system to its core? All he's done is guarantee that the Republicans won't hold the white house for 4 more years.
    This was it. Shaken the political system to its core. I just don't see it based on the media not trying to shut him down.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Yes, the ripple effect of Trump is felt right down to a secretary.
    The media doesn't know what to do with Trump because he is his own man.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,546

Shawshank said:

Wrong his calling for the deportation of 11 million and the banning of Muslims , you can paint any way you want that's up to you go ahead and vote for this bafoon !!!
    What is wrong with calling for the deportation of 11 million illegal immigrants? I get the banning of Muslims is not a lawful idea, but deporting 11 million illegal immigrants is more of an impossible logistical nightmare than something racist.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

It's been upside down for years.
  • Options

Shawshank said:

What is wrong with calling for the deportation of 11 million illegal immigrants? I get the banning of Muslims is not a lawful idea, but deporting 11 million illegal immigrants is more of an impossible logistical nightmare than something racist.
    Oh ok that's fine if you don't see it that way I happen to feel it is racist ..
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,122
    We'd all probably be better off of the trump supports and the trump protesters just disappeared. Pleas take Hillary and Bernie with ya and let us start over please. I call a do-over.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,122

Shawshank said:

There is nothing wrong with actually wanting to enforce the law. Stupid politicians have failed us for so long that the problem is now "too big" to fix by enforcing the laws. Hmmm "too big to...", where have I heard that before?

Politicians sit around and do nothing.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,546

Shawshank said:

Oh ok that's fine if you don't see it that way I happen to feel it is racist ..
    Sure, some want it because of racism. I would think most people would be fine with more immigration as long as the immigrants have the ability to support themselves and assimilate instead of being a drain on government resources. We saw what happened in France with immigrants from the Middle East/Africa. The jobs aren't there and the next generation has nothing to do but cause trouble and riot every few years (or get radicalized). Sweden is having problems too. All of sudden times get bad and they turn against the country they immigrated too (small example in the US with Mexican flags being waived instead of US flags at Trump rallies). Our politic parties in the US are not creating a melting pot but carves up the population into voting blocks to play off against each other, which will at some point create violence by human nature.
This discussion has been closed.