Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    CM189191 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

I'm reading through some of the hawks on here chirp about "Obama failed foreign policy"

I guess you want American troops on the ground in Syria? Maybe we should have gone into Crimea

I frankly find Obamas restrained foreign policy of the last 8 years to be a breath of fresh air... all of the conflicts and issues in the world are not America's problem, they aren't my problem, and they sure as fuck aren't some 18 year old Americans problem to die for

Yes...the genocide in Syria is such a breath of fresh air.
    Not the first genocide and not the last... not the first civil war and not the last... not the first disgusting behavior by the uman race and not the last

You think America, our tax dollars, and our youth should be the world police? American military presence with boots on the ground in every major world conflict?

I've listened to hawks like John McCain call for Obama to stay in Afghanistan, stay in Iraq, go into Syria, intervene in Crimea, etc, etc, etc...and then blame Obama for every world problem

It's total bullshit and I'm fucking sick of it

Go play Risk if you want to be an armchair general, that way no American kids get killed
    I know you are sick and tired of it. Obama was sick and tired of it as well. That is why he made the foreign policy decisions he made and that is why the vacuum came to be. As long as you are aware that those decisions come with terrible consequences then so be it. Others on here argue that all is good...that Obama's decisons were consequence free. At least you admit to being indifferent to genocide. That type of honesty is a breath of fresh air.
    Seriously, it's like people don't remember how peaceful the Middle East was before Obama founded ISIS.
    I know, I used to summer in Aleppo and sometimes took ski vacations in Afghanistan in the winters (the apres-ski scene in Kabul was to die for), but then Obama ruined everything. :angry:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

I'm reading through some of the hawks on here chirp about "Obama failed foreign policy"

I guess you want American troops on the ground in Syria? Maybe we should have gone into Crimea

I frankly find Obamas restrained foreign policy of the last 8 years to be a breath of fresh air... all of the conflicts and issues in the world are not America's problem, they aren't my problem, and they sure as fuck aren't some 18 year old Americans problem to die for

Not the first genocide and not the last... not the first civil war and not the last... not the first disgusting behavior by the uman race and not the last

You think America, our tax dollars, and our youth should be the world police? American military presence with boots on the ground in every major world conflict?

I've listened to hawks like John McCain call for Obama to stay in Afghanistan, stay in Iraq, go into Syria, intervene in Crimea, etc, etc, etc...and then blame Obama for every world problem

Go play Risk if you want to be an armchair general, that way no American kids get killed
    I know you are sick and tired of it. Obama was sick and tired of it as well. That is why he made the foreign policy decisions he made and that is why the vacuum came to be. As long as you are aware that those decisions come with terrible consequences then so be it. Others on here argue that all is good...that Obama's decisons were consequence free. At least you admit to being indifferent to genocide. That type of honesty is a breath of fresh air.
    Seriously, it's like people don't remember how peaceful the Middle East was before Obama founded ISIS.
    I know, I used to summer in Aleppo and sometimes took ski vacations in Afghanistan in the winters (the apres-ski scene in Kabul was to die for), but then Obama ruined everything. :angry:
    It was ruined long before then.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,032
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

"indifferent to genocide". GIVE. ME. A. FUCKING. BREAK.
    Nope. No break for the indifferent.
    so you are a proponent of perpetual war then. got it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Palin. Hahaha.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

It was ruined long before then.
    I was joking. Of course it was ruined long before then. That was actually my point.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

I'm a proponent of perpetual peace. Peace is guaranteed through strength.
  • Options
    dignin said:

Palin. Hahaha.

it was only a matter of time before that fucking idiot handed her something.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CM189191 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

No kidding.

The starting pitcher gives up eight runs in the first four innings... gets mercifully pulled... and the fans blame the relief pitcher for the 10-4 loss.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Only a neocon like BS would try to convince you that progress hasn't been made by withdrawing US troops from Iraq and subsequently going back in with support of a much lighter US footprint, in the form of special forces and trainers and encouraging the Iraqi's to fight for their country than his proclaimed hard and heavy occupation of 170,000+ that he's advocated for. Question is, will Trump invade Iraq? Iran? and/or Syria to eradicate ISIS and radical Islam as he promised to do? If not, how will he keep his campaign promise?

Comparing Iraqi civilian deaths in the 6 years of the Bush Administration to the 6 and 8 years of the Obama Administration, we can see that progress was made:

2003-2008 Bush: 105,934
    2009-2014 Obama: 48,341. Add 2015 and 2016 under Obama: 81,007. Still a difference of 24,927.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/269729/documented-civilian-deaths-in-iraq-war-since-2003/

IMHO, even one Iraqi death is too many for a war that wasn't necessary, started under false pretenses and was poorly executed.

Lets take a look at US casualties while were at it:

2003-2008 Bush: 4,222
    2009-2012 Obama: 264

And the drain on the US Treasury:

2003-2008 Bush: $589.3 Billion
    2009-2012 Obama: $218.1 Billion

https://www.statista.com/statistics/269827/iraq-war-spending-and-number-us-soldier-fatalities/

Remove either the first two or last two years from the Bush years and the casualties and cost to the treasury are still more under Bush.

Now, who's decision came with more terrible consequences both immediate and in the aftermath? And who opened Pandora's Box or started the "controlled burn" as you so pleasantly referred to waging war on innocents?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Only a neocon like BS would try to convince you that progress hasn't been made by withdrawing US troops from Iraq and subsequently going back in with support of a much lighter US footprint, in the form of special forces and trainers and encouraging the Iraqi's to fight for their country than his proclaimed hard and heavy occupation of 170,000+ that he's advocated for. Question is, will Trump invade Iraq? Iran? and/or Syria to eradicate ISIS and radical Islam as he promised to do? If not, how will he keep his campaign promise?

Comparing Iraqi civilian deaths in the 6 years of the Bush Administration to the 6 and 8 years of the Obama Administration, we can see that progress was made:

2009-2014 Obama: 48,341. Add 2015 and 2016 under Obama: 81,007. Still a difference of 24,927.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/269729/documented-civilian-deaths-in-iraq-war-since-2003/

IMHO, even one Iraqi death is too many for a war that wasn't necessary, started under false pretenses and was poorly executed.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/269827/iraq-war-spending-and-number-us-soldier-fatalities/

Remove either the first two or last two years from the Bush years and the casualties and cost to the treasury are still more under Bush.

Now, who's decision came with more terrible consequences both immediate and in the aftermath? And who opened Pandora's Box or started the "controlled burn" as you so pleasantly referred to waging war on innocents?

And... to boot... this little ditty which is the smoking gun for the entire fiasco.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Did you include Syrian and Libyan deaths in these numbers?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

Far from indifferent... I would call it realistic...

What are you personally doing to intervene that I'm not? Do tell
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

"Peace Through Strength" appeared in the Republican Party platforms of 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2008, 2012, & 2016.

It's so peaceful around here I can hardly stand it!
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

I digitally crush the indifferent
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

:rofl:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

Some folk around here call that trolling BS.
    Yuk, yuk
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Did you include Syrian and Libyan deaths in these numbers?
    Feel free to provide them and then make the case why the US should either be involved in preventing them or why they are Obama's responsibility. Remember, who opened Pandora's Box?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    And include why Canada is doing so little and your condemnation thereof.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

"Peace Through Strength" appeared in the Republican Party platforms of 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2008, 2012, & 2016.

It's so peaceful around here I can hardly stand it!
    And I'd be willing to bet that more American service members and foreign civilians were killed and wars or interventions started under those republican admins than democrat ones. All in the name of peace through strength. Or was it campaign cash from MIC and big oil?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    "Peace through strength".... Sounds fucking Orwellian to me. Doublethink.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    CNN fired black woman Donna Brazile for colluding with the Clinton campaign, but still employs white male Wolf Blitzer for doing the same thing.
    RACISM AND SEXISM AT CNN
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

CNN fired black woman Donna Brazile for colluding with the Clinton campaign, but still employs white male Wolf Blitzer for doing the same thing.
    RACISM AND SEXISM AT CNN

How much is Trump paying you?
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    ^^^
    Frogs legs taste like chicken.
    Fools
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I saw some recent interview with Trump where he said that he eats so much fast food because he can order it anonymously, so he doesn't have to worry about the cooks finding out that the food's for Donald Trump and then spitting in it or worse. :lol:
    Poor Mitt, he might have been plied with cum-covered frogs legs. That's no anonymous meal! :giggle:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    I had hope that Trump would pick Allison as treasury secretary, I know if you like your life you don't fu(k with the Fed and maybe that had something to do with it.

Mnuchin flies in the face of what Trump campaigned on. Hypocritical given the issue he made about Hilliary GS speeches and special interests wall st etc.

No good!
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

RACISM AND SEXISM AT CNN

That woman was part of the Clinton campaign. Was wolfe?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    edited December 2016

JC29856 said:

RACISM AND SEXISM AT CNN

That woman was part of the Clinton campaign. Was wolfe?
    I love your use of "that woman"!

https://youtu.be/KiIP_KDQmXs
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

You're failing my friend
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,418

Prices less !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.