Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,001
    vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

^^the legal reasons are out there and they will come. i think you know what i'm talking about. the strongest and most compelling argument for removing him will come not from his actions but from the actions of the American people. If we decide he's out. He's out.

I don't have a clue what you're talking about, actually. Care to share?
    Three broad areas come to mind:
    -sexual misconduct
    -fraudulent business dealings
    -constitutionally prohibited conflicts of interest that may have already occurred within the last two weeks

1. Sexual misconduct cases are purely allegations at this point, and very hard to prove given the time between when the actions occurred and when the women came forward. For better or for worse, unfortunately, I find it unlikely that Trump gets charged.
    2. The Trump University case was just settled for $25 million, are there any others I hadn't heard of? Licensing deals to mitigate personal risk are not illegal, nor is declaring bankruptcy: it is unfortunate that others get harmed (i.e. money lenders, investors, labourers), but the law permits that.
    3. A President-Elect is not beholden to conflict of interest laws - a President is. He has several months to set up a blind trust.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited November 2016
    ^^^sort of the mountain of circumstances I was referring to earlier....
  • Options
    the sexual misconduct and fraud are allegations some of which have seen court time. But I think I'd fooling myself to believe that theres not more coming. The problem will be whether or not it sees the light of day. This guy and his admin are attempting to take control of the media. Again, you just have to watch the Megan Kelly/Anderson Cooper interview to know that.

The conflict of interests are allegations too, but sound like another issue for him.

This man has taken control of the media. What's left is the voice of the American people. When that goes, all hope is lost.
  • Options
    Not sure how this is a mountain of circumstantial evidence.
    1. Until a charge is made, the assumption remains that an allegation is just that, and a perpetrator is 'innocent until guilty' on that topic.
    2. It's not illegal to be sued, and once a settlement has been made, can that settlement be referenced as proof of guilt for an unrelated topic?
    3. Again - moot point. No laws (even refutably) broken yet.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    i had the wrong link in my 'Remove by Constitution' thread for conflict of interest:
    https://youtu.be/zUlY6rh5BBQ
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

i had the wrong link in my 'Remove by Constitution' thread for conflict of interest:

its corrected now
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

Doesn't matter - the "Remove by Constitution" link just speaks more about the Emoluments Clause. Exact same premise, which I showed you a Vox article which reveals very easy ways to circumvent the conflict of interest potential.

EV
  • Options
    ^^So you don't believe these things happened? The sexual assaults, the fraud and conflict of interest?
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

^^So you don't believe these things happened? The sexual assaults, the fraud and conflict of interest?

This is what I'm telling you: what you or I believe is inconsequential. What matters is what is verifiable as grounds for impeachment, which means a guilty verdict in a Court of Law based on empirical (or approximately empirical) evidence. Circumstantial evidence can reinforce said empirical evidence, but can not be the exclusive evidence. You have so far presented literally nothing that is empirical evidence.

EV
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

This is what I'm telling you: what you or I believe is inconsequential. What matters is what is verifiable as grounds for impeachment, which means a guilty verdict in a Court of Law based on empirical (or approximately empirical) evidence. Circumstantial evidence can reinforce said empirical evidence, but can not be the exclusive evidence. You have so far presented literally nothing that is empirical evidence.
    You're wasting your time Benjs
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,745
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the made in Russia versions. Can't have shit made by gooks
  • Options
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

it's very dangerous to believe what you think is inconsequential. i grew up in an age without internet and i could actually understand how one might feel powerless to be part of change. not so now.
  • Options
    we cannot let ourselves go here. love is all we need
    https://youtu.be/EpEskxSQ5r4
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

Listen.
    If you really want to converse with people that don't think or have vocabulary like you then you really need to take a look at how you talk.
    Perhaps you should move along to the deplorable radlib supporters for comfort.
    This is not a funny attempt at humour that you just made it is deplorable.

• Options
    just had a stand down with my neighbor. he's 20 years my senior. when i told him i had issues with ESP's fraudulent business practices, he says 'every business man commits fraud' when i tried to answer, he would not let me speak. finally had to tell him that i'm old enough to know whats going on. then he insults me by calling me NAIVE. this is what we are up against. Culture of insults trying to defeat culture of common sense!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Which one is the common sense culture?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    ^^^that would be anything but supporting ESP. My Chihuahua would be a better choice. Why? Because he's not fucking crazy.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    vaggar99 said:

just had a stand down with my neighbor. he's 20 years my senior. when i told him i had issues with ESP's fraudulent business practices, he says 'every business man commits fraud' when i tried to answer, he would not let me speak. finally had to tell him that i'm old enough to know whats going on. then he insults me by calling me NAIVE. this is what we are up against. Culture of insults trying to defeat culture of common sense!

vaggar99 said:

Really?
  • Options
    joke...seeing if anyone was awake...turkey day!!!
  • Options
    ^^^
    Your humour is as funny as the OPs.
  • Options
    it was a friendly stand down. he was over for dinner. sorry didnt mean to make it seem like a hostile situation. not at all that way
  • Options
    I agree with your neighbor. You're naive. Very, very naive. To a foolish degree in fact.
  • Options

I agree with your neighbor. You're naive. Very, very naive. To a foolish degree in fact.

just a fool for love
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016

You're naive. Very, very naive. To a foolish degree in fact.

I always say this to people holding a bottle of Evian water.
    I then ask them if they know what Evian spelled backwards is.
    Bottled water smh.
    Unless it is President-elect Trump water.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,454
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    vaggar99 said:

^^^all i need to watch is the primary debate hosted by Megan Kelly. Either he's a psychopath or i'm insane. That's the question isn't?

He could be a psychopath but I'm fairly certain you are insane.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    vaggar99 said:

^^^that would be anything but supporting ESP. My Chihuahua would be a better choice. Why? Because he's not fucking crazy.

But I wouldn't trust the Chihuahua's batshit crazy owner.
This discussion has been closed.