Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

With a name like Esther, I assume she's quite old like most who are retired.

Lol.

That's all you really got. I understand you needed to say something. She was so right about his ill preparedness. What else can you do? Make fun of her name. Lol!

For the record, she was Philip Gourevitch's high school English teacher. You probably don't know him. He writes books, but not the kind where you open pages and the pages pop up to please the reader.

Make America great again!
    How on earth do I keep getting lumped in with Trump supporters?
    Ha. It's pretty clear who doesn't do their homework and who doesn't understand the material.
    I noticed you ducked that post where I remarked on your insistence that you feel you are the guru on this turn of events. Remember the one where RG affirmed what I said and then a long pause ensued until Vaggar buried it (making it safe for you to emerge again).

Keep up the great work knowledgeable one.
    No idea what you are talking about...your posts are just not that impactful. I am the guru though. If you listen you might learn something.
    lol

Got it! I'll try and pay more attention. It's tough for me though. I mean... you are a distinguished professor at an elite university and I'm just a simple bastard.
    It is not credentials but unbiased critical thinking skills that allows one to be correct. Most of the distinguished professors at my elite university get most things wrong everyday.
  • Options
    6'5"....I win, losers.
  • Options

A retired English teacher evaluated Trump's meeting with the NY Times with a letter to the editor:

I was an English teacher for 40 years. Donald Trump, in answering questions about global warming, white nationalism, waterboarding and press freedoms, sounds exactly like my students who hadn't read the assignment and had to obfuscate in their answers. Everyone in the classroom knew who hadn't done his homework and didn't understand the material.

Esther S. Bushell

Hahahahahahaha

Back to the topic at hand...

This letter to the editor is posted as if it is shedding some hilarious great light on things that others are missing. What it really reveals however is how critics of Trump are continuing to miss the point. Those who support Trump don't believe he has answers to the questions asked and they don't even care. They know he is making things up as he goes along and I repeat...they do not care. To them this is not a bug but a feature. They are supporting a man who can and will not be boxed in by the super intelligent elite be it the New York Times or Professor Bushell. As far as the public is concerned it is these people who have been wrong about so much for so long. Conventional wisdom will no longer do so the public is taking a gamble on an outsider whether he is familiar with the material or not. The gamble is that with time Trump will figure things without the ideological handcuffs that bind every other politician. In due time he will be judged but so will all those who took a chance on him along with those who laughed at him and said his failure is predetermined. Everybody's cards are on the table and the social experiment is underway. If he fails fine...there will be consequences for the GOP for years to come. But if he succeeds? Well...that will blow every sacred cow right out of the water and the 40 year english teachers will no longer look so smart.
  • Options

6'5"....I win, losers.

Trump is 6'3"...no wonder you always get lumped in as a supporter.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

6'5"....I win, losers.

Trump is 6'3"...no wonder you always get lumped in as a supporter.
    Shit. Looks like I need to get rid of everything beneath the knees.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,079
    BS44325 said:

A retired English teacher evaluated Trump's meeting with the NY Times with a letter to the editor:

I was an English teacher for 40 years. Donald Trump, in answering questions about global warming, white nationalism, waterboarding and press freedoms, sounds exactly like my students who hadn't read the assignment and had to obfuscate in their answers. Everyone in the classroom knew who hadn't done his homework and didn't understand the material.

Esther S. Bushell

Hahahahahahaha

This letter to the editor is posted as if it is shedding some hilarious great light on things that others are missing. What it really reveals however is how critics of Trump are continuing to miss the point. Those who support Trump don't believe he has answers to the questions asked and they don't even care. They know he is making things up as he goes along and I repeat...they do not care. To them this is not a bug but a feature. They are supporting a man who can and will not be boxed in by the super intelligent elite be it the New York Times or Professor Bushell. As far as the public is concerned it is these people who have been wrong about so much for so long. Conventional wisdom will no longer do so the public is taking a gamble on an outsider whether he is familiar with the material or not. The gamble is that with time Trump will figure things without the ideological handcuffs that bind every other politician. In due time he will be judged but so will all those who took a chance on him along with those who laughed at him and said his failure is predetermined. Everybody's cards are on the table and the social experiment is underway. If he fails fine...there will be consequences for the GOP for years to come. But if he succeeds? Well...that will blow every sacred cow right out of the water and the 40 year english teachers will no longer look so smart.
    I don't think there will be consequences for the GOP. they can argue, and they will argue if he fails, that most of them never wanted him to be their nominee in the first place. "the people nominated him" they'll all cry.

the problem is, he is already SEEMING to not be a leader. he is depending way too much on the opinions of those around him, and he is surrounding himself with nutbars. and he also seems to think he can be president and run his businesses. jesus. the presidency takes up 23 hours a day. how the fuck is he going to run Trumpco? more importantly, how is he going to be president if he is adamant about continuing to run his companies?

giving someone the job with this kind of learning curve, with the stakes so high, that's a pretty fucking big gamble. I'm a lot less concerned about it than I was on Nov 28th, oops, I mean Nov 8th, but still, I'm still going to be waiting for both shoes to drop.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

BS44325 said:

Esther S. Bushell

Hahahahahahaha

I don't think there will be consequences for the GOP. they can argue, and they will argue if he fails, that most of them never wanted him to be their nominee in the first place. "the people nominated him" they'll all cry.

the problem is, he is already SEEMING to not be a leader. he is depending way too much on the opinions of those around him, and he is surrounding himself with nutbars. and he also seems to think he can be president and run his businesses. jesus. the presidency takes up 23 hours a day. how the fuck is he going to run Trumpco? more importantly, how is he going to be president if he is adamant about continuing to run his companies?

giving someone the job with this kind of learning curve, with the stakes so high, that's a pretty fucking big gamble. I'm a lot less concerned about it than I was on Nov 28th, oops, I mean Nov 8th, but still, I'm still going to be waiting for both shoes to drop.
    All completely fair criticisms although I'm less concerned about the "nutbars".
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,440
    When was the last news conference he has held open to the press ? Anyone know anyone?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Esther S. Bushell

Hahahahahahaha

And this is why you should have responded to the post I alluded to earlier.

You're only partially correct. I'm not going to repeat myself, but you only account for a portion of Trump supporters. For the majority of them, you fail to understand what is truly simple.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

When was the last news conference he has held open to the press ? Anyone know anyone?

I believe it was back in July.
  • Options

Yep 3 Months and none since being elected ..
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Esther S. Bushell

Hahahahahahaha

You're only partially correct. I'm not going to repeat myself, but you only account for a portion of Trump supporters. For the majority of them, you fail to understand what is truly simple.
    When it comes to his supporters are you sure which group is the majority and which group is the minority?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Esther S. Bushell

Hahahahahahaha

When it comes to his supporters are you sure which group is the majority and which group is the minority?
    I'm fairly confident, but no... I certainly couldn't profess to be exact.

Neither can you, eh?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

I guess his meeting with pretty much the entire staff of the New York Times doesn't count then? The full transcript was made available.
  • Options

Does it not seem incredible that President-elect Trump can summon the mainstream liberal media bigwigs for a meeting?
    Not only does he have them in his pocket he can play pool with them anytime he wants.

This happens after every new president is elected.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

I guess his meeting with pretty much the entire staff of the New York Times doesn't count then? The full transcript was made available.
    Nope that doesn't count I wanna see him in front of press where they can ask him any ? I wanna see him answer them !
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Nope that doesn't count I wanna see him in front of press where they can ask him any ? I wanna see him answer them !
    Ahhh...right...if it isn't on video I guess it didn't happen. Ok.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,728
    BS44325 said:

No. it wasn't a press conference. That was his insecure, pathetic ego at work.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

They were able to ask him any questions they wanted and nothing was off the record. That is pretty much the definition of a press conference .
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,001

BS44325 said:

If the press are asking questions of a person, and that person is answering them, and the press is recording them for public consumption - isn't it a press conference?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

BS44325 said:

If the press are asking questions of a person, and that person is answering them, and the press is recording them for public consumption - isn't it a press conference?
    It was more like a meeting in his safe space , remember everyone was up in arms as to why HC was not doing press conferences well why now the change why can't it be asked of him ?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    Here is a fascinating, inspiring uplifting decree of history for President-elect Trump.
    It is a very humane, compassionate video and shows the courageousness of this man.
    Make sure to have a tissue as it kind of tugs at the heart strings.
    He is a person in the face of danger, combats adversity through impressive feats of ingenuity, bravery and strength, often sacrificing his own personal concerns for some greater good.
    Your President-elect.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46ZLAT7BY_s
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

It was more like a meeting in his safe space , remember everyone was up in arms as to why HC was not doing press conferences well why now the change why can't it be asked of him ?
    Nobody is against demanding more press access but your claim that he hasn't done a press conference since elected is not exactly correct.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

With a name like Esther, I assume she's quite old like most who are retired.

Lol.

That's all you really got. I understand you needed to say something. She was so right about his ill preparedness. What else can you do? Make fun of her name. Lol!

For the record, she was Philip Gourevitch's high school English teacher. You probably don't know him. He writes books, but not the kind where you open pages and the pages pop up to please the reader.

Make America great again!
    How on earth do I keep getting lumped in with Trump supporters?
    Ha. It's pretty clear who doesn't do their homework and who doesn't understand the material.
    I noticed you ducked that post where I remarked on your insistence that you feel you are the guru on this turn of events. Remember the one where RG affirmed what I said and then a long pause ensued until Vaggar buried it (making it safe for you to emerge again).

Keep up the great work knowledgeable one.
    No idea what you are talking about...your posts are just not that impactful. I am the guru though. If you listen you might learn something.
    only really insecure and small people talk to others (especially online) that way.
    5'10" and secure as Fort Knox.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,728
    BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

Nobody is against demanding more press access but your claim that he hasn't done a press conference since elected is not exactly correct.
    No one is calling it a press conference, but if you feel like you confidently redefine what "press conference" means, then go ahead.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

No one is calling it a press conference, but if you feel like you confidently redefine what "press conference" means, then go ahead.
    Ditto
  • Options

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

The press...in this case a sizeable number of diverse journalists from the nation's "paper of record"...had a published no holds barred question and answer session...otherwise known as a conference...with the president-elect. The fact that it wasn't televised so that Maher, Oliver, Bee, Noah, insert name of fake news host, could splice it and run it on repeat doesn't make it any less of a press conference.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

The press...in this case a sizeable number of diverse journalists from the nation's "paper of record"...had a published no holds barred question and answer session...otherwise known as a conference...with the president-elect. The fact that it wasn't televised so that Maher, Oliver, Bee, Noah, insert name of fake news host, could splice it and run it on repeat doesn't make it any less of a press conference.
    Oh ok so this is how he will be doing them once he has to face the press only in his safe space even he has a safe space lol ...why is he afraid of those TV personality's you mentioned a man with as much confidence as he has in his ability to lead should be able to face anyone with ?
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    ^^^
    He is not afraid of those tv personalities at all. President-elect Trump recognizes the garbage on TV feeding impetus minds and wants to stop it.
  • Options

^^^
    He is not afraid of those tv personalities at all. President-elect Trump recognizes the garbage on TV feeding impetus minds and wants to stop it.

You mean he wants to Ban freedom of the press your right I knew you would come around !
This discussion has been closed.